The Bugs & Glitches Thread (New OP)

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 1,986 comments
Wait, the RA function is in the game? I couldn't map it onto buttons on the CSR using the G25 settings. That might be even more annoying.

Yes, but for at least the cars I'm using at the moment, only some functions are useable, and ABS isn't one of them.

I guess I have to wait for 1.02 and hope that update installs, because I took my PS3 to a friend's and updated via ethernet and sure thing after 46% it freezes.

Put my game into his PS3 and he gets 1.01 no problem.

Considering buying a small SSD and making a clean OS on there, but it's just too much hassle.
Check if there's enough free space on your HDD and delete the gamedata (not savedata).
Try again then.

Can't be lazy and search within threads so:

US version, second gen PS3 if that helps. The 15th Anniversary HVC-010 seems to have an error with mapping the turbo parts; it only supports mid- and high-level, but they're mapped to low- and mid- in the Car Settings and this does some wacky things like possibly requiring you to buying all three parts (which requires going to Car Settings for low- and then Tuning Parts for high-) or at least some pair (I already bought them all so I'm not sure which). Not sure if the regular HVC does this, I don't have one yet.

Really wish there was an easy way to send stuff like this to PDI, or at least Sony.

Were you doing one of the endurance races? 5/10/15 minute ones count for this question. I know that's not what they're supposed to do, but I'm always afraid something like this is going to happen in one of those.

No, I was in National A // Night Masters // Matterhorn Rotenboden. I saved the replay I just haven't put it online yet. I wouldn't have cared so much but it was my first non-1st and I didn't want to lose like that.

Game crashed on last race of junior cart, before race, tried again ( after ps3 system check ) and same again ??? gonna leave that race and do something else then come back.

Cross post from a thread I started today /sorry

When Volkswagen Golf I GTi '76 upgraded to Fully Customizable Dog-Clutch Transmission, the H gear shifter (and clutch pedal) on the Logitech G27 steering wheel no longer works. The car is limited to the sequential flap shifter only.

CIZETA V16T still has those awful skinny rear tyres. They're as wide as the front tyres! IRL the rears are fantasticly gigantic! I an't describe how disappointed I am :(
They honoured the car by raising it to tha anniversary tier but forgot to fix it.
Should I make a thread of this issue?
Is anybody else here a CIZETA believer?

Edit:
Sorry, my bad. It was the after market wheels that ruined the rear tyre width. No problem, life continues. :)

Last edited:
After removing the wing on the '71 'Cuda there is still a wing shadow on the car. Does this happen with other cars?

Well I kid you not, this is the second glitch for me, the first being the BRZ/gt86 one make race at Fuji. Won't load, just freezes on the screen with the Fuji emblem on it, have to force start the PS, as no matter what button I press I get nothing, zilch, nada. Lo and behold I've just discovered another, International b tour of America, Indy road course just sat for half hour in silence (BGM Finished)
With the Indy emblem frozen on screen, quit the game via ps button and Ps restarted. Pretty P'd off actually. Any suggestions? Bad copy maybe? Wish I'd have gone for the DL

The driving mission with the Lamborghini on Brands Hatch was bugged. I finished just after the gold time and thought I got silver. However it awarded me with gold and shaved 3 seconds off my time. Anyone else had this?

The stockyard glitch seems the worst as people loose cars... And it's not on the 1st page.

Unless someone figured this out or isn't confirmed.

The stockyard glitch seems the worst as people loose cars... And it's not on the 1st page.

Unless someone figured this out or isn't confirmed.

What's the stockYard glitch, so I could put it in the list.

What's the stockYard glitch, so I could put it in the list.
It was on the first pages, something about cars disappearing from the stockyard after playing a multiplayer game and checking their garage, then it saves with all the cars gone...

I read it a few days ago.

Downforce does not affect PP at all on Earnhardt JR NASCAR, not sure if it's all nascars or even all cars have this same problem, haven't tested it yet.

Definitely the buggiest game that I've ever played (and I play Skyrim)! Most of the bugs that I've experienced have already been mentioned so I won't go into too much detail:

1. Engine sounds cutting out
2. Not counting laps (I was in first, suddenly I'm in last place and have to do an extra lap)
3. Turning off ABS makes the brakes lock even with the softest touch of the pedal
4. MR challenge under National A has the wrong requirements. Requirements are 500PP and Comfort Soft tires, then pits you against Ferraris and Paganis (too be honest, it was the most challenging series of races though, so maybe they should apply that bug across all races :))

And not really a bug, but something that just baffles me: If you have a premium model for a particular car (for example an R34 Skyline GTR), why don't you use that for all instances of that car? Kaz said no premium/standard cars in this game, but he really just meant that they aren't labeled. So if I want the premium version so I can get aero parts and get good up close shots of it, I have to search through all the R34s looking for the one that has the preview button available indicating that it's premium.

Game crashed on last race of junior cart, before race, tried again ( after ps3 system check ) and same again ??? gonna leave that race and do something else then come back.

Same thing happen to me a couple of days ago except it was the racing kart 100 event, Race 2.

I'm not having that problem with ABS off. Currently using a Sprinter Trueno stock with comfort soft tyres and have turned brake up to 9/7 just to lock them at full braking.

When I race Matterhorn driving to the last corner the mountains appear to be just a blotch of brown, then at about turn in the finally click into detail. It's not really an issue with me but there it is.
Also launching out of Ascari pit lane if you look in the mirrors there's no detail on anything.

I've had a random, intermittent glitch using a g27 (clutch and 6-speed) on willow springs. For some reason, if you mis-shift 2nd gear and end up in neutral, when you re-clutch and shift into second (without going into 1st, just neutral to second), it still displays "N" as a gear, but takes off as if in 2nd gear. When you shift into 3rd, it says "3", but the gearing is 2nd (quite obvious, as it's redlining). If you shift to 4th and back to 3rd, it works fine.

Had it happen with an NSX and m3 chrome line. Haven't tried too many other cars on that track yet.

It was on the first pages, something about cars disappearing from the stockyard after playing a multiplayer game and checking their garage, then it saves with all the cars gone...

I read it a few days ago.

Will check it

After using karts in arcade mode, the driving options menu for any car in any game mode stops showing TC and ABS controls until you restart the game

I've twice had the sound disappear from my game entirely while driving online at Mount Panorama, the first time it lasted for two hours then froze my game while taking the left turn before the second checkpoint and turning my wheel all the way to the right. I was driving the 15th Anniversary GT-R GT3. It's a digital copy from the Canadian store courtesy of a good friend, if the version is important.

I'm not having that problem with ABS off. Currently using a Sprinter Trueno stock with comfort soft tyres and have turned brake up to 9/7 just to lock them at full braking.

It is pretty extreme with racing brakes if you haven't tried them yet, at least on lower grade tyres. Not really what I'd call a glitch though.

Latest Posts

Back