The central: HOW TO gold all licences, mission challenges and track experiences thread (video guides inside)

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 273 comments
A great set of posts, but I've managed to gold everything, without the need of guides - apart from the drift missions.....

Even though I've watched every guide going, I really need somebody to come and complete them for me.

Whoever said practice makes perfect was lying - despite collecting 1.3 million drift points, I'm no better at it now than I was when GT7 came out! The only comfort factor I have is that I'm not alone - I have more people on my friends list with less points in each drift mission, than people with more.
I started playing again yesterday and turned the air blue trying to wrestle a drift out of the Mustang at Daytona. Usually between 2500 and 3200 points over the line but I had so much understeer on the exit, I couldn't keep any angle on the car to keep the drift going. Frustrating stuff and what's worrying me is that it says it's a beginner mission... They get harder?:crazy:

I started playing again yesterday and turned the air blue trying to wrestle a drift out of the Mustang at Daytona. Usually between 2500 and 3200 points over the line but I had so much understeer on the exit, I couldn't keep any angle on the car to keep the drift going. Frustrating stuff and what's worrying me is that it says it's a beginner mission... They get harder?:crazy:
Yes, much harder... Nearly impossible... It's horrible.
Are you on controller or wheel?

Yes, much harder... Nearly impossible... It's horrible.
Are you on controller or wheel?
On a wheel. Tried using the pad but I'm hopeless with it now.

The physics feels quite nose heavy so I'll give it another go if they tweak it again and just skip it if they don't. Hopefully, it won't stall the progression...

The physics feels quite nose heavy so I'll give it another go if they tweak it again and just skip it if they don't. Hopefully, it won't stall the progression...
You're best off getting used to the pad again for the drift trials. It will be a lot less painful in the long run, and if it helps try using countersteer assist on weak, that's what I did. Just remember to turn it off afterwards. I forgot and struggled with another test (open wheeler on Laguna) until I went back to ABS only :dunce::embarrassed:.

This is my first console, after years of pc gaming, and therefore never used a controller. As A+ driver with G29 wheel (and load cell break mod) I can confidently say I'm reasonably good at controlling a car in Gran Turismo. Nevertheless after 10,000,000 attempts and several weeks of heated swearing I was still unable to Gold the intermediate and advanced Drift Trial missions.

In desperation I decided to spend a few hours to train my thumbs & fingers on a controller. Golded both intermediate and advanced drift trials in one evening.

You're best off getting used to the pad again for the drift trials. It will be a lot less painful in the long run, and if it helps try using countersteer assist on weak, that's what I did. Just remember to turn it off afterwards. I forgot and struggled with another test (open wheeler on Laguna) until I went back to ABS only :dunce::embarrassed:.
This is my first console, after years of pc gaming, and therefore never used a controller. As A+ driver with G29 wheel (and load cell break mod) I can confidently say I'm reasonably good at controlling a car in Gran Turismo. Nevertheless after 10,000,000 attempts and several weeks of heated swearing I was still unable to Gold the intermediate and advanced Drift Trial missions.

In desperation I decided to spend a few hours to train my thumbs & fingers on a controller. Golded both intermediate and advanced drift trials in one evening.
I'll give it a try again once I've done everything else and if all else fails, I'll give my pad using son a ring.:D

I'll give it a try again once I've done everything else and if all else fails, I'll give my pad using son a ring.:D
I can only race using the wheel, can't control a car at all with the controller, but found the controller easier for the drift trials (still struggling to gold them all though!).

My son races using the controller, and volunteered to do the drift missions for me - turns out he was worse at drifting than me! 😂

I'll have to find a 12 year old then - my son is 31.....
My youngest son is 26 but he often acts like he's 12. I'll send him to you after he does the *drift missions for me. Don't worry about sending him back. You can have him. :lol:

*I've just watched them on YouTube and already texted him to come up and do them for me.

Edit: Sorry for spamming your very useful thread Alex p. I'm done now.

Last edited:
My youngest son is 26 but he often acts like he's 12. I'll send him to you after he does the *drift missions for me. Don't worry about sending him back. You can have him. :lol:

*I've just watched them on YouTube and already texted him to come up and do them for me.

Edit: Sorry for spamming your very useful thread Alex p. I'm done now.

The YouTube guides were not at all useful for me. One video shows it with all assists on and another supposes that "the easiest way to drift in Gran Turismo is to come in fast and throw the handbrake on". Very frustrating that both these managed to Gold the Advanced Drifting mission.

But I did find, that with the controller, after some practice, and no assists, I was able to hold a good drift angle, with high revs AND exit the drift with stability to (either) a straight line or the reverse drift, none of which was possible on my G29. I recommend to ignore the YouTube videos and learn your (son's) own technique

The YouTube guides were not at all useful for me. One video shows it with all assists on and another supposes that "the easiest way to drift in Gran Turismo is to come in fast and throw the handbrake on". Very frustrating that both these managed to Gold the Advanced Drifting mission.

But I did find, that with the controller, after some practice, and no assists, I was able to hold a good drift angle, with high revs AND exit the drift with stability to (either) a straight line or the reverse drift, none of which was possible on my G29. I recommend to ignore the YouTube videos and learn your (son's) own technique

You mean my guides? I suggested your very tactics. Controller. No driving aids.

These guides aimt really helpful (for missions anyway) in terms of set up. I'm really struggling to gold the Human Comedy Autopolis mission.

These guides aimt really helpful (for missions anyway) in terms of set up. I'm really struggling to gold the Human Comedy Autopolis mission.

Cars are stock, except added power. There is no real set up needed. You can win easily by copying what I did.

The 3 or 4 videos that I watched on the drifting looked more like luck than judgement. Barely scraping past the gold score.

I've done a couple of events that I haven't managed to win yet but I keep trying to win gun fights with an underpowered stock knife. I'm in no rush to do everything, though.

So i did all the missions, drifting with a wheel was the most excrutiating thing ever, i think years of drifting with a controller on NFSU and NFSU2 have ruined me, but i eventually got there, i haven't tried drifting on a controller in GT7 yet but in GT Sport i did it with a controller for the trophy and missions if there were any and it was relatively easily for me.

The Human Comedy guides were quite useful for "anticipating" the weather, and jumping from slicks to full wet back to slicks is the best way to make time on the races with rain.
Honestly i found the tsukuba one the hardest with a winning margin of just 17 seconds, i think i messed up the pit strategy a bit and saved too much fuel and didn't need to extend the stints because the rain would eventually come, the refuel rate is quite fast so burn it up if you need to.
Followed by Alcase winning by 22 seconds but that's because i used a z28, that sambabus was hard to keep up with at times.
I thought autopolis would be hard as i couldn't get the lead until after the second pitstop, i saved a little bit of fuel which turned out to be great as the refuel rate is quite slow and the front runners burn through almost a full tank, ended up winning by 46 seconds but it was a stressful first 2 stints.

I have a theory that the AI is running something similar to B spec in GT5 where your B spec driver can get hot and cold depending on if they are battling or not and their temperament stat because once i cleared a gap to gallo in tsukuba after the second shorter pit stop i pulled away very easiliy.

Another thing that might help those that don't find these missions so easy is that you should read what the "pros" have to say at the race setup screen, eg: lucas odonez says his sambabus had an engine swap, others might tell you what pit strategy they're on, and so on.

Last edited:
Anywhere near Bournemouth? I can come do them, I'd hop on a Beryl so you can fix me a pint.
I live in Bournemouth mate...: D

Bearwood way. Tempted to offer you a few beers or spin in my m3 f80 to do the tedious drift and cone missions for me... :D

Last edited:
So i did all the missions, drifting with a wheel was the most excrutiating thing ever, i think years of drifting with a controller on NFSU and NFSU2 have ruined me, but i eventually got there, i haven't tried drifting on a controller in GT7 yet but in GT Sport i did it with a controller for the trophy and missions if there were any and it was relatively easily for me.

The Human Comedy guides were quite useful for "anticipating" the weather, and jumping from slicks to full wet back to slicks is the best way to make time on the races with rain.
Honestly i found the tsukuba one the hardest with a winning margin of just 17 seconds, i think i messed up the pit strategy a bit and saved too much fuel and didn't need to extend the stints because the rain would eventually come, the refuel rate is quite fast so burn it up if you need to.
Followed by Alcase winning by 22 seconds but that's because i used a z28, that sambabus was hard to keep up with at times.
I thought autopolis would be hard as i couldn't get the lead until after the second pitstop, i saved a little bit of fuel which turned out to be great as the refuel rate is quite slow and the front runners burn through almost a full tank, ended up winning by 46 seconds but it was a stressful first 2 stints.

I have a theory that the AI is running something similar to B spec in GT5 where your B spec driver can get hot and cold depending on if they are battling or not and their temperament stat because once i cleared a gap to gallo in tsukuba after the second shorter pit stop i pulled away very easiliy.

Another thing that might help those that don't find these missions so easy is that you should read what the "pros" have to say at the race setup screen, eg: lucas odonez says his sambabus had an engine swap, others might tell you what pit strategy they're on, and so on.
I play on 3 chilli's, so cant confirm, but there was talk initially that a few of the Human Comedy missions had faster AI with 1 or 2 chilli's.......

I hate drift missions. I hate drifting. No place in a serious car game, leave that nonsense for Forza Horizon.
Finally got gold last night on beginner (!!!) drifiting 2 after about a hundred straight attempts, would not let the game beat me.
God knows how to pass the higher level ones.

GTs drift physics feel wonky as hell. The cars snap really hard compared to Forza Horizon 5 or Assetto Corsa. If you find that sweet spot of throttle and steering angle you can do some nasty drifts though. I still prefer drifting on a wheel

Latest Posts

Back