The central: HOW TO gold all licences, mission challenges and track experiences thread (video guides inside)

• Thread starter Alex p.
  • 273 comments
How is that odd?
It guess it's just striking compared to the other tracks because the others are all flat out to the start line for the best initial speed. Nothing else to do but go full throttle and straight. In the GP circuit, you have extra space in the untimed part to finesse your racing line and set up the untimed curve for maximum exit speed before, uh, sending it for the rest of the lap.

So I only have Autopolis and Red Bull Ring missions to do.

Any tips or updated tunes I can use before the next update?

So Red Bull Ring out of the way.

3 pit stops worked a treat (especially when Beauvois put on IM instead of wets when the rain started so he had to pit again the next lap)

All that's left is Autopolis. Had a look to see how my engine swapped (not tuned) Beat would go but it wouldn't go about 145km/h so all the other cars just pulled away.

Any current tunes for this race would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to give it a crack tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work.

Just some strategy on the 25th Anniversary races:
I ran the RX-Vision Stealth at Spa, starting with RS tires. It ate them in four laps and washed them down with the fuel, but I was in first. Rain was inbound so I switched to IM tires and took on enough fuel for five laps (mistake). I ran FM6 for four laps til the downpour came, then went to FM1. Easy.
At Big Willow, I tried everything. The Escudo does one thing well: go straight. It has some nasty snap oversteer, so go easy on the wheel. RH or RM tires won't lose their grip all at once like RS tires do.
The key here was knowing where the assists were hurting me. I actually turned TCS off for a bit and turned off Auto Drive on turn 2 so I could slide a bit but out climb the pack.
I started the race with auto drive off and just barged through turn 1, moving up 5 or 6 places. I was running 7th by the time I cleared turn 2. Once I cleared that, I'd turn on the auto drive again and clip the apexes of the first two downhill turns. On the downhill straight, I kicked TCS up to 5, then turned off TCS and auto drive at the start finish line. I kept this up til I got to first place, then turned on all assists and ran 2.5 laps that way to the end. 4x4 split was 50:50, brakes too, RS tires, controller sensitivity at -2.
If you start to slide, let up a LITTLE off the gas. If you just release it all the way the skid will get worse.
Replays are uploaded, my screen name is M Parker.

I need help with viper and brz drift missions.
These stupid sessions make me mad 😡
I am on my second controller already. Anyone can pass them for me please?

It guess it's just striking compared to the other tracks because the others are all flat out to the start line for the best initial speed. Nothing else to do but go full throttle and straight. In the GP circuit, you have extra space in the untimed part to finesse your racing line and set up the untimed curve for maximum exit speed before, uh, sending it for the rest of the lap.
Exactly how they do it in F1 qualifying, and any other series there, same for Hungaroring, Spa, any track that has a wider line available, I suppose it depends where they put you before the start line for these circuit experiences

I tried Monza after the daily race. Got gold on all but Sector 3 (.026 off!) and the lap (out of time).
The game was just being a jerk to everyone on sector 3 this evening in the daily race too. It hit the dude in front of me with a 10 second penalty for getting caught in the gravel, and half of us had penalties in every race. The one time I should have gotten a penalty the guy I hit got it, so I let him pass and cruised behind him while he did his time.
Weirdness. At least the six star roulette ticket and the winnings covered most of the cost of the VGT Lambo.
I'll stick with the Murceilago.

Got gold on Autopolis 1 hour last night. Once again in 2nd behind by 1 second as we crossed the line with 10 seconds to go so had another lap.

Had 1 lap of fuel left so didn't have to change FM and got past Miyazono about 1/4 of the way around the track. Get to roughly halfway and noticed I was putting a big gap on him and realised he had ran out of fuel.

All thats left is a few cicuit experiences:

Nurburgring
All Tokyo Expressway
All Rally tracks.

I golded the Divine Moves and 1 Lap Magic at Monza missions yesterday in Gone With the Wind.
Monza is fairly straightforward. The braking zones are accurate for the most part except in the medium speed right hand corners on the northeast part of the track. Brake a tad early on those. Coming into the bus stops go hard in the brakes and take it easy on the way out. The final corner requires a constant speed through most of it, but once you're close to the exit, hit the gas and let the car veer to the left. As long as you don't go off track or hit the lead car, you're good.
Spa/Divine Moves is another beast entirely. I won this on patch 1.27. If you haven't won it, do it NOW before PD changes things again.
The amount of rain here is random. Yes there's a lower limit, but it ranges from pretty stinkin' wet to May in Oklahoma severe weather downpour, which the AI can't drive for crap in. I tried and tried in a moderate rainfall with no luck, so I backed out of the mission and took a break. When I tried again I noticed that all three AI cars had spun out on Les Combes (the first two turns)! In total shock from my good fortune, I managed to clip one, failing the mission. The next time through, they all spun out again! I was half expecting this so I slowed a bit more, picked my way through, and made my way on just as I always have in the 1 hour race with that car and those conditions. That is the ONLY mistake the AI will make. The rest of the way they are absolutely glued to the track. I had to hurry but I wound up winning in a photo finish. The video is uploaded, driver name is M Parker.
If you have trouble with this, try backing all the way out to the World Map then going back into the mission. Repeat this until you get an absolute torrential downpour, then use your top tier rain driving skills to navigate the resulting pileup at Les Combes and barrel on through to victory.

Last edited:
Can anyone screen share with me to help me on the final test on the super license as I'm stuck, thanks
Have you gotten bronze yet? Do you have the 917k and access to Spa? If neither, run the test slowly. You'll fail on time but concentrate onaling a lap first, then getting faster.
The 917k was well respected in it's time but it's 50 years old and lacks the downforce and assist technology of the modern cars. I don't like it personally, I never have liked driving any scale models of it either.
If you haven't yet, work up to and complete menu book 39, then grind the 1 hour Spa race. The F1500T-A is always for sale and the MP4/4 is currently sold at Hagerty's. They have no headlights, which forces you to memorize the track in the 1 hour WTC 800 event at Spa. Both are pretty loose on the back end but they don't kamikaze on braking. Take your favorite car to this event, turn off countersteer assist and driving assist, and do the best you can in the race. If you have an Escudo, a Trans Am, or a DeLorean with an LS7 engine, try those. They all have snap oversteer, lift throttle oversteer, and on throttle oversteer like the 917k. Just run the race over and over like that til you can win consistently. The Trans Am is the hardest to win with.
Also try running the race in a medium to high grip car. Any Le Mans style car will work, so will most Group 3 cars. You'll win much easier, which makes the grind more bearable.
Now go back to S-10 and run it until your times get worse or you start failing earlier. When you do, walk away from the PlayStation for a while. Get a drink. Go outside for fresh air. Come back in a few minutes and you should see an improvement. When you start having trouble again, you are done with S-10, Spa, and the 917k for the rest of the day.
Remember you're gonna get good at whatever you practice, so if you keep doing it wrong hour after hour, day after day, you're gonna get real good at doing it wrong.

Have you gotten bronze yet? Do you have the 917k and access to Spa? If neither, run the test slowly. You'll fail on time but concentrate onaling a lap first, then getting faster.
The 917k was well respected in it's time but it's 50 years old and lacks the downforce and assist technology of the modern cars. I don't like it personally, I never have liked driving any scale models of it either.
If you haven't yet, work up to and complete menu book 39, then grind the 1 hour Spa race. The F1500T-A is always for sale and the MP4/4 is currently sold at Hagerty's. They have no headlights, which forces you to memorize the track in the 1 hour WTC 800 event at Spa. Both are pretty loose on the back end but they don't kamikaze on braking. Take your favorite car to this event, turn off countersteer assist and driving assist, and do the best you can in the race. If you have an Escudo, a Trans Am, or a DeLorean with an LS7 engine, try those. They all have snap oversteer, lift throttle oversteer, and on throttle oversteer like the 917k. Just run the race over and over like that til you can win consistently. The Trans Am is the hardest to win with.
Also try running the race in a medium to high grip car. Any Le Mans style car will work, so will most Group 3 cars. You'll win much easier, which makes the grind more bearable.
Now go back to S-10 and run it until your times get worse or you start failing earlier. When you do, walk away from the PlayStation for a while. Get a drink. Go outside for fresh air. Come back in a few minutes and you should see an improvement. When you start having trouble again, you are done with S-10, Spa, and the 917k for the rest of the day.
Remember you're gonna get good at whatever you practice, so if you keep doing it wrong hour after hour, day after day, you're gonna get real good at doing it wrong.
Hi, thanks for all the info and history on this topic. I have achieved bronze but that's as far as I can get, as much as I appreciate your info and assistance this won't help as I know my limits and I know when I can't improve, unfortunately I don't have the time or energy to do what you've mentioned, I am a working man with 3 children and only get a couple of hours max per night to play on my ps5, I don't have the spare time and dedication you do. I love the game and love to collect the cars and just mess around on the game racing against some of my friends but I am no semi/pro GT player, so I know where I can't go any further. Is there is anybody who is available to screen share and complete this lap for me, I would really appreciate it and have no issue in paying someone a small amount if necessary to complete this for myself, thanks

Hi, thanks for all the info and history on this topic. I have achieved bronze but that's as far as I can get, as much as I appreciate your info and assistance this won't help as I know my limits and I know when I can't improve, unfortunately I don't have the time or energy to do what you've mentioned, I am a working man with 3 children and only get a couple of hours max per night to play on my ps5, I don't have the spare time and dedication you do. I love the game and love to collect the cars and just mess around on the game racing against some of my friends but I am no semi/pro GT player, so I know where I can't go any further. Is there is anybody who is available to screen share and complete this lap for me, I would really appreciate it and have no issue in paying someone a small amount if necessary to complete this for myself, thanks
Also a Dad of three and I bought the game a week ago. This mission was tough but as Shadow suggested, it is about small improvements, there is no magic button.
Do you have a wheel or controller? I use a wheel so cannot give loads of advice for a controller but I can guess that if your sensitivity is too high, then any small steering input will be too aggressive and cause the back end to snap out. So if you are using a controller, go to the controller settings and adjust them to a lower number if you can.
Also, try breaking the track down by sector (S1: Start to the end of the Kemmel Straight; S2: Les Combes to Stavelot; S3: Stavelot to the end).
I did about 150km before I got gold, and only actually completed 3 laps. Basically perfecting each sector until I could move on to the next one. If I messed up the sector I was working on, I would restart.
Good luck!

Great, glad to see you can utilise your time well and who wears the trousers in your house, I'm not after narcissism,I asked for someone who's able to complete this on my behalf. I know where my ability level is and my patience level is. If you're not offering to assist in how I mentioned on my post, then don't bother replying
Also a Dad of three and I bought the game a week ago. This mission was tough but as Shadow suggested, it is about small improvements, there is no magic button.
Do you have a wheel or controller? I use a wheel so cannot give loads of advice for a controller but I can guess that if your sensitivity is too high, then any small steering input will be too aggressive and cause the back end to snap out. So if you are using a controller, go to the controller settings and adjust them to a lower number if you can.
Also, try breaking the track down by sector (S1: Start to the end of the Kemmel Straight; S2: Les Combes to Stavelot; S3: Stavelot to the end).
I did about 150km before I got gold, and only actually completed 3 laps. Basically perfecting each sector until I could move on to the next one. If I messed up the sector I was working on, I would restart.
Good luck!

Great, glad to see you can utilise your time well and who wears the trousers in your house, I'm not after narcissism,I asked for someone who's able to complete this on my behalf. I know where my ability level is and my patience level is. If you're not offering to assist in how I mentioned on my post, then don't bother replying
kENSsDQ.gif

I have a lot going on myself. My nest is empty now, though I still have a second job because I enjoy the work. I got the PS5 to pass time, which it does quite well!
With the S-10 test, there's no getting around the amount of time spent on the track. If you're grinding for credits there are some shorter races that earn youoney a little faster.
That said, you are right, family comes first. In both jobs I've seen people you can't pry off of their PlayStation or xBox with a crowbar even when their kids are screaming for food, their bills aren't paid, etc. That crap just aggravates me!
Raising your kids and taking care of your family is a greater achievement than any PSN trophy.👍

Okay, I got a beef with the tutorials vs. my game play.

Moby Dick Mission #7 - The Pass: The tutorials show a gold medal for a low 1:15 second pass and you win easily by probably 6-8 car lengths. A mid 1:15 pass would probably still win.

I have been grinding this mission for a long time. Ive probably put in a 2-3 hours trying to win this mission. My fastest time is a 1:14:08 and I only got 3rd place. What the heck is going on? I'm over a second faster than the tutorial and I barely make it on the podium.

Last edited:
Okay, I got a beef with the tutorials vs. my game play.

Moby Dick Mission #7 - The Pass: The tutorials show a gold medal for a low 1:15 second pass and you win easily by probably 6-8 car lengths. A mid 1:15 pass would probably still win.

I have been grinding this mission for a long time. Ive probably put in a 2-3 hours trying to win this mission. My fastest time is a 1:14:08 and I only got 3rd place. What the heck is going on? I'm over a second faster than the tutorial and I barely make it on the podium.
That is weird indeed. Maybe PD just made it harder?

Are you using the slip stream effectively? :)

That is weird indeed. Maybe PD just made it harder?

Are you using the slip stream effectively? :)
There isn't much slipstream effect to take place on this event. The cars are too well spaced out and you tend to make your biggest passes on the brakes, not on the straights.

There isn't much slipstream effect to take place on this event. The cars are too well spaced out and you tend to make your biggest passes on the brakes, not on the straights.
Well yeah I mean the straight on the finish line...it does help a lot.

Well yeah I mean the straight on the finish line...it does help a lot.
Yeah, I do, but the Aston and the NSX (I think it's an NSX) out accelerate me in the last turn and I can't catch them even in a slipstream. They somehow find a ton of grip in the last 3 turns that my car just can not find. I've spun this car out so many times trying to give just a hint more throttle exiting those last 3 turns only to see the AI keep their grip and run away from me.

Yeah, I do, but the Aston and the NSX (I think it's an NSX) out accelerate me in the last turn and I can't catch them even in a slipstream. They somehow find a ton of grip in the last 3 turns that my car just can not find. I've spun this car out so many times trying to give just a hint more throttle exiting those last 3 turns only to see the AI keep their grip and run away from me.
Driving aids? Throttle control? Be more gentle with the throttle :)

Yeah, Im trying it all. It still doesn't explain how I'm over a second faster than the example posted here and only managing to get 2nd and 3rd place.

Isn't that the Fuji one? I had to toggle driving assists on an off to win gold on the CE there, especially in the last few turns. There's a mission there I haven't finished and it a "The Pass" mission.
If it's raining, maybe you can do what I did at Spa for Divine Moves. Back outvtovthe World Map and restart over and over until you get the hardest rain possible. At Spa, all the AI crashed on Les Combes. All I had to do was avoid hitting them on the way by and stay on the track myself.

I need help with viper and brz drift missions.
These stupid sessions make me mad 😡
I am on my second controller already. Anyone can pass them for me please?
I wish I could help. I mistakenly posted a few months ago that the Tsukuba drift mission was the only one I had left to gold. I have passed all of them and golded one or two.
The only times I have thrown a PS5 controller were twice on the stupid Tsukuba mission and once after a fairly dirty Sport Mode race. The controller survived. Back in the day I used to break Nintendo 64 controllers all the time, including tearing a blue one in half. I've also had a few Atari 2600 controllers just flat wear out on me. I fix them if possible and keep playing. Those games are just as much fun as these PS5 ones here, especially when played on 45 year old hardware.

Shoot me a PM if you still need help with this.

Back