mph

Transmission (1st Gear):

Transmission (2nd Gear):

Transmission (3rd Gear):

Transmission (4th Gear):

Transmission (5th Gear):

Transmission (Final Gear):

Transmission (Additional Comments & Instructions):

Reset = Final gear to 5500 = Max speed 112mph = Ratios = Final gear to 3.650 ( If you want change the speed to suit track, adjust with the final gear only ) = Done !!

Sus...
95/95
3.20/5.10
8/3
4/10
6/7
0.0/0.0
-0.02/0.30
RB
5/6

Drive

Down
BW
76kg
50%

Max. Speed:

155 (german limiter!!!)

Max. Speed Unit:

mph

Transmission (1st Gear):

Transmission (2nd Gear):

Transmission (3rd Gear):

Transmission (4th Gear):

Transmission (5th Gear):

Transmission (Final Gear):

Transmission (Additional Comments & Instructions):

Just set the max speed... I never really understood gears

Sus...
88/110
4.3/3.3
5/2
5/2
5/1
0.5/3.0
-0.0/0.60
RB
5/5

Drive

Down
15 rear

Max weight reductio on everything

Power: Absolutely Everything!

Totally different, but not surprising considering I don't know what I'm doing! Tried Thematics.... spun all the time for me. Can't wait to try Skeags.

Last edited:
Tried skeags. Utterly undrivable for me. Either :
A)I am reading things back to front and setting up the rear of the car as others are setting up the front

B)there is a very different setup for wheels as opposed to DS controller and others are using DS

C)I have a very strange driving style

Would be very interested to know how others find my settings. (Cos its kinda critical for this RR monster)

There is no replacement for displacement... Or is there?

Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

Deep Forest is already a bad track for me, and the car choice for this challenge just makes things worse.

This car has a lot of power, and under normal circumstances, could actually win against these GT500 cars pretty easily.

However, this is the No Tune event, and this car's default gears are heavily biased towards acceleration. As a result, this car is extremely slow on the straights (can't even reach 200 km/h, in fact!), making this race nearly impossible to win. I'm pretty sure winning isn't impossible, but you might need some luck as the AI field I got was pretty tough (way too many NSXs).

First of all, forget about keeping these guys behind on the straights. They are simply too fast. Do try to get them to rear end you and give you a slight boost, but more often than not an even faster car will come from farther behind and blast past you, giving you no chance to defend yourself.

It's the twisty middle sector where you'll gain the most time on the AI, particularily on corner exits. You may be slow on the straights, but short gears plus lots of power equals amazing acceleration. For as short as your advantage is, you can easily out-accelerate most of the field out of a corner. Just be extra careful into Turn 10, the one that brings you to the high-speed section with two tunnels. The car tends to snap on you quite violently here, and you could end up nose-first into the mountain on the right, ruining your run.

Overall, it's just put your head down and try to go as fast as you can, because you're most likely not going to win this race. After a few attempts and crashes and getting boxed in by GT-Rs in Turn 1, three runs made it to the end, the fastest of which being a 6:52.065.

IMG_20200930_213352.jpg

I enjoy playing with my mates on my rig. We have great fun, but I have discovered a common trait amongst nearly all newcomers to sim racing - at first, they all pull and wrench at the steering wheel like maniacs, often pulling the whole assembly loose from the rig! The violence with the h-shifter is as bad!. It makes you realise what real life car designers have to design for! (People will lift and lower themselves into a low seat using their full weight on the wheel)

Fortunately, I have made the pedal assembly bomb-proof, so no probs there. The Thrustmaster T500 wheel is hard as nails too, but its standard clamp arrangement relies on friction.

So after a not inconsiderable amount of carpentry, I now have a fully bolted down wheel, fully enabled adjustable wheel height and reinforced h-shifter that can be switched to LHD in about 5 mins - so I can add some authenticity to that LHD italian and german exotica!!

For the th8a i have a m8 who has 3d printed a gizmo to make it feel more "realstic". Hopefully, that will induce some mechanical sympathy!

Attachments

• 20201001_031823.jpg
    20201001_031823.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
So after a not inconsiderable amount of carpentry, I now have a fully bolted down wheel, fully enabled adjustable wheel height and reinforced h-shifter that can be switched to LHD in about 5 mins - so I can add some authenticity to that LHD italian and german exotica!!
My wheel base is bolted, but the whole stand is basically heavy enough for controlled driving (at least, my style and FFB settings, too). However if I try drifting it may tilt/hop up one way or the other.

....eeerrrr no.

Because this is on my new account I have to do the whole championship to unlock race 1 for the no-tune.

And I am not doing that in a car that has a lower top speed than my real-life jalopy.

I have better things to do.

I also don't get the invitational. I spend 3 hours doing lap 1, 2 hrs on lap 2 etc and then win?

Edit: ah I see now, P1 finish.... cunning! And a nice choice of car too Bogeyman! - one I use in my little local racing sim club!!!

Last edited:
GOODWOOD
IMAG0442.jpg

I also did the school today, I learnt that the VW can be a fun car to drive, all you need to do is turn off all driving aids and add max HP.
I recorded the race but my phone stopped half way again (think I need a new phone) hopefully I can record the last half before time runs out.

ALSO, WE HAVE HAD A TIME ZONE CHANGE OVER NIGHT SO PLEASE CHECK THE COUNT DOWN TIMER

I also did the school today, I learnt that the VW can be a fun car to drive, all you need to do is turn off all driving aids and add max HP.

I also try school today ,mostly to set the car but definitely i can't " deal" with it without SRF .
Also i find out that faster car at the series is Ford 66 and is pain in the 🤬 on big straight .
Waiting forward for your run boss.
Since i miss last school I'll deal with it first and then the others.
I also try to avoid back aero to keep the look as it is even if it cost me a " smokeless" or twichy run.

Shalom all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My health is better just burned out on GT. I started playing Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4. I am still helping Noel with the school though. I got a great deal on a Xbox One S so my PS3 is collecting dust. I don't know if I will return to GT or not. Certainly don't have $500 for a PS5 when there is no telling with PD when or if GT7 will become a reality. If it does it will really have to be good because PD still doesn't listen to their fan base. FM7 and FH4 have so much depth, customization and gameplay that GT doesn't. GT Sport was a joke and the deal breaker with me and PD.
My absence has nothing to do with the HUB members, just after playing Forza I have no interest in GT anymore. Wish you all the best and will come around just to say hi.
:cheers::cheers:

Shalom all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My health is better just burned out on GT. I started playing Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4. I am still helping Noel with the school though. I got a great deal on a Xbox One S so my PS3 is collecting dust. I don't know if I will return to GT or not. Certainly don't have $500 for a PS5 when there is no telling with PD when or if GT7 will become a reality. If it does it will really have to be good because PD still doesn't listen to their fan base. FM7 and FH4 have so much depth, customization and gameplay that GT doesn't. GT Sport was a joke and the deal breaker with me and PD.
My absence has nothing to do with the HUB members, just after playing Forza I have no interest in GT anymore. Wish you all the best and will come around just to say hi.
It's so great to hear your doing good mate, look after yourself.

Hey I'm the "new boy" here. We are all stuck with "race by post" GT6 for different reasons. And we all have (different) plans moving forward. But for the time being, we are a happy bunch, widdling our way round tracks on old hardware and having a gas! Come back! - it's the company that counts, not the venue!

Shalom, Shalom (any Friday night dinner viewers here?)(if not... )

Last edited:
Back