THE CHALLENGE HUB, ROUND 73 open

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by bjl23, May 14, 2018.

1. skeagracing

skeagracing

Max. Speed:

Max. Speed Unit:

mph

Transmission (1st Gear):

Transmission (2nd Gear):

Transmission (3rd Gear):

Transmission (4th Gear):

Transmission (5th Gear):

Transmission (Final Gear):

Transmission (Additional Comments & Instructions):

Reset = Final gear to 5500 = Max speed 112mph = Ratios = Final gear to 3.650 ( If you want change the speed to suit track, adjust with the final gear only ) = Done !!

Sus...
    95/95
    3.20/5.10
    8/3
    4/10
    6/7
    0.0/0.0
    -0.02/0.30
    RB
    5/6

Drive

Down
    BW
    76kg
    50%

smoothbore12 and Thematic like this.
  2. slybynight

slybynight

Max. Speed:

155 (german limiter!!!)

Max. Speed Unit:

mph

Transmission (1st Gear):

Transmission (2nd Gear):

Transmission (3rd Gear):

Transmission (4th Gear):

Transmission (5th Gear):

Transmission (Final Gear):

Transmission (Additional Comments & Instructions):

Just set the max speed... I never really understood gears

Sus...
    88/110
    4.3/3.3
    5/2
    5/2
    5/1
    0.5/3.0
    -0.0/0.60
    RB
    5/5

Drive

Down
    15 rear

Max weight reductio on everything

Power: Absolutely Everything!

Totally different, but not surprising considering I don't know what I'm doing! Tried Thematics.... spun all the time for me. Can't wait to try Skeags.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  3. slybynight

slybynight

Tried skeags. Utterly undrivable for me. Either :
    A)I am reading things back to front and setting up the rear of the car as others are setting up the front

B)there is a very different setup for wheels as opposed to DS controller and others are using DS

C)I have a very strange driving style

Would be very interested to know how others find my settings. (Cos its kinda critical for this RR monster)

smoothbore12 and skeagracing like this.
  4. Thematic

Thematic

Did you? Because I know it's going to be a handful if you add a turbo kit. I had 82 bhp with oil change.

smoothbore12 and skeagracing like this.
  5. slybynight

slybynight

Yes, fair cop. I have used max power on everyone elses setup. You have prob hit nail on head why they work so bad for me.

6. Thematic

Thematic

No tune/69.
    6:55.917
    Three attempts: 13th, DNF, 5th. The cars ahead were quite a bit that, but I suppose my "management" didn't make a very good difference to installing a temporary metal floor.

I don't really understand Lost in the Forest. :confused:

bjl23, smoothbore12 and skeagracing like this.
  7. CozmicDragon

CozmicDragon

There is no replacement for displacement... Or is there?

Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

Deep Forest is already a bad track for me, and the car choice for this challenge just makes things worse.

This car has a lot of power, and under normal circumstances, could actually win against these GT500 cars pretty easily.

However, this is the No Tune event, and this car's default gears are heavily biased towards acceleration. As a result, this car is extremely slow on the straights (can't even reach 200 km/h, in fact!), making this race nearly impossible to win. I'm pretty sure winning isn't impossible, but you might need some luck as the AI field I got was pretty tough (way too many NSXs).

First of all, forget about keeping these guys behind on the straights. They are simply too fast. Do try to get them to rear end you and give you a slight boost, but more often than not an even faster car will come from farther behind and blast past you, giving you no chance to defend yourself.

It's the twisty middle sector where you'll gain the most time on the AI, particularily on corner exits. You may be slow on the straights, but short gears plus lots of power equals amazing acceleration. For as short as your advantage is, you can easily out-accelerate most of the field out of a corner. Just be extra careful into Turn 10, the one that brings you to the high-speed section with two tunnels. The car tends to snap on you quite violently here, and you could end up nose-first into the mountain on the right, ruining your run.

Overall, it's just put your head down and try to go as fast as you can, because you're most likely not going to win this race. After a few attempts and crashes and getting boxed in by GT-Rs in Turn 1, three runs made it to the end, the fastest of which being a 6:52.065.

IMG_20200930_213352.jpg

8. slybynight

slybynight

I enjoy playing with my mates on my rig. We have great fun, but I have discovered a common trait amongst nearly all newcomers to sim racing - at first, they all pull and wrench at the steering wheel like maniacs, often pulling the whole assembly loose from the rig! The violence with the h-shifter is as bad!. It makes you realise what real life car designers have to design for! (People will lift and lower themselves into a low seat using their full weight on the wheel)

Fortunately, I have made the pedal assembly bomb-proof, so no probs there. The Thrustmaster T500 wheel is hard as nails too, but its standard clamp arrangement relies on friction.

So after a not inconsiderable amount of carpentry, I now have a fully bolted down wheel, fully enabled adjustable wheel height and reinforced h-shifter that can be switched to LHD in about 5 mins - so I can add some authenticity to that LHD italian and german exotica!!

For the th8a i have a m8 who has 3d printed a gizmo to make it feel more "realstic". Hopefully, that will induce some mechanical sympathy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    skeagracing, bjl23 and smoothbore12 like this.
  9. Thematic

Thematic

My wheel base is bolted, but the whole stand is basically heavy enough for controlled driving (at least, my style and FFB settings, too). However if I try drifting it may tilt/hop up one way or the other.

nostradavor2, skeagracing and bjl23 like this.
  10. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

The best way to understand this event is to send in a photo of your first 5 laps and I'll show your score/time.

11. Thematic

Thematic

Lost in the Forest

@bjl23 Hit me.

Attached Files:

12. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

I didn't try it, am not at home again but basically who does it last(invitational) will probably win except some alien stuff..

I did my Herbie race for school, just need to record it.. Herbie ate Lambo for breakfast :p

13. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

So your first lap was a 2:34.466 and your 5th lap was a 1:31.240, so the difference between the two laps is 1:03.226 and that's your time, biggest time wins.

14. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

Long time no see ..... But tomorrow night ill be at home guys .
    Hope Sunday ( day for rest ) to be back and give it a go before rust show up at my fat fingers.
    Have a good weekend guys.

15. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

NO-TUNE
    So much fun though the corners but so painful on the straights, hats off to anyone who can win this.
    IMAG0433.jpg

LOST IN THE FOREST
    I was sliding all over the place with all the driving aids turned off.
    IMAG0436.jpg IMAG0435.jpg

16. slybynight

slybynight

School homework handed in... Now lets have a look at this Dodgy no-tune event.....

17. slybynight

slybynight

....eeerrrr no.

Because this is on my new account I have to do the whole championship to unlock race 1 for the no-tune.

And I am not doing that in a car that has a lower top speed than my real-life jalopy.

I have better things to do.

I also don't get the invitational. I spend 3 hours doing lap 1, 2 hrs on lap 2 etc and then win?

Edit: ah I see now, P1 finish.... cunning! And a nice choice of car too Bogeyman! - one I use in my little local racing sim club!!!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    skeagracing, Thematic, RMan72 and 2 others like this.
  18. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

GOODWOOD
    IMAG0442.jpg

I also did the school today, I learnt that the VW can be a fun car to drive, all you need to do is turn off all driving aids and add max HP.
    I recorded the race but my phone stopped half way again (think I need a new phone) hopefully I can record the last half before time runs out.

ALSO, WE HAVE HAD A TIME ZONE CHANGE OVER NIGHT SO PLEASE CHECK THE COUNT DOWN TIMER

19. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

I also try school today ,mostly to set the car but definitely i can't " deal" with it without SRF .
    Also i find out that faster car at the series is Ford 66 and is pain in the :censored: on big straight .
    Waiting forward for your run boss.
    Since i miss last school I'll deal with it first and then the others.
    I also try to avoid back aero to keep the look as it is even if it cost me a " smokeless" or twichy run.

20. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

Just complete school lesson ,film it and uploading now.
    Here is my suspension tuning which is more on the " safe" side than what i test above .
    As about No tune .......i guess Boogieman want to punish as all :lol:
    Its an absolute necessity to run this in mute mod.
    IMG_20201004_194029.jpg

Thematic, bjl23, skeagracing and 2 others like this.
  21. skeagracing

skeagracing

Lotus Elise Sport 190 1998

b International B British Lightweights : Circuito de Madrid : Race 1

Fast lap 1:36 714 Total Time 4:55.452 Pass for the win over the

Light Car Company at the end of lap 2.

22. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

images.jpeg

NO-TUNE CHALLENGE
    ROUND 69

DIV 1

DIV 2
    @CozmicDragon 6:52.065
    @bjl23 6:56.067

--------------

LOST IN THE FOREST

@Thematic 1:03.226
    @bjl23 26.961

---------------

SKEAG'S RACING SCHOOL
    CLASS#41

Please send your replays to @skeagracing

---------------

THE KNOCKOUTS
    COURSE 5, HOLE 2

Screenshot_20201005-093050~2.png

------------------

23. Thematic

Thematic

No tune/69.
    Just sixth place this time. Different grid, though.
    06:54.607

dodge_dfr.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    skeagracing, smoothbore12 and bjl23 like this.
  24. Racin510s

Racin510s

Shalom all. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My health is better just burned out on GT. I started playing Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 4. I am still helping Noel with the school though. I got a great deal on a Xbox One S so my PS3 is collecting dust. I don't know if I will return to GT or not. Certainly don't have $500 for a PS5 when there is no telling with PD when or if GT7 will become a reality. If it does it will really have to be good because PD still doesn't listen to their fan base. FM7 and FH4 have so much depth, customization and gameplay that GT doesn't. GT Sport was a joke and the deal breaker with me and PD.
    My absence has nothing to do with the HUB members, just after playing Forza I have no interest in GT anymore. Wish you all the best and will come around just to say hi.
    :cheers::cheers:

25. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

Hi @Racin510s . To be honest, if I have more money Id buy Xbox and Forza too because even tho I'm not bad at racing, I'm not really interested in esports and direction GT went. I would rather just casually race online simcade like forza on pad to have some laughs so I can understand your reasons 100%.

Racin510s, smoothbore12 and bjl23 like this.
  26. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

It's so great to hear your doing good mate, look after yourself.

27. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

IMG_20201005_154526~2.jpg

edit..

faster time possible but I dont kbow if I'll be back to this one

IMG_20201005_215757~2.jpg

Bryce give me some cookie or something :p

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  28. bjl23

bjl23 Premium

Very nice mate, what cookies do you like?

29. nostradavor2

nostradavor2

I'd prefer pizza over cookie :lol:

skeagracing, smoothbore12 and bjl23 like this.
  30. slybynight

slybynight

Hey I'm the "new boy" here. We are all stuck with "race by post" GT6 for different reasons. And we all have (different) plans moving forward. But for the time being, we are a happy bunch, widdling our way round tracks on old hardware and having a gas! Come back! - it's the company that counts, not the venue!

Shalom, Shalom (any Friday night dinner viewers here?)(if not... )

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020