THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
What do you mean? Last ever?
I decided to end the hub about 10 rounds ago, making round 100 the last challenge. After 3 years I need a break and with GT7 around the corner I thought it be a good time to have a rest before I start the challenge hub on GT7.

Before this round ends I'll be setting up the "skeagracing" thread, once I've set it up I'll hand it over to @skeagracing so he and @Racin510s can continue the school.

@smoothbore12 I really appreciate the gifs.

I decided to end the hub about 10 rounds ago, making round 100 the last challenge. After 3 years I need a break and with GT7 around the corner I thought it be a good time to have a rest before I start the challenge hub on GT7.

Before this round ends I'll be setting up the "skeagracing" thread, once I've set it up I'll hand it over to @skeagracing so he and @Racin510s can continue the school.

@smoothbore12 I really appreciate the gifs.
Good .....old days
BoldLegalHuia-size_restricted.gif

Again at Hydra today and having a relaxing day since the work wasn't any hard at all .
See,sun but Mary on the other side .

As about our challenges now this is one of the many races i did preparing the event and play it two days in a row .
It was when i wrote @Aramislegacy about my thumb that i couldn't play any more after so many laps at Spa on full throttle .
IMG_20211119_205232365_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I found this bad boy to do some laps since it's the end of an era.. I also founs some s$it capture card on amazon for 15$ so I might be back here to hang out for people who will stay to do the school. One thing about school tho what I always wanted to say is that we get p1 p2 p3 at the end of the round but if this thread will be school only I think we should at least get like sentence or two feedback on our driving (just a thought). Btw why does Dino has to be in line up? Stratos beats Dino I think.
IMG_20211207_161937~2.jpg

View attachment 1098510

I cut last chicane because I saw 12.49 or 50..sorry, you'll get me anyways

ps only on last lap!

ps2 @RMan72 What's your best lap time with 100% fair lap?
Nice to see you back on last round ,You. Sexy Mother ....Father !!!!
Mine best fair lap under slepstreaming in some places is 2.34.6
So you and him must be 2.32 - 2.33 plus .
Still i don't know what the benefits cuting the chicane .
Usually is huge ( for low power cars ) if you have enough speed .
I remember a challenge with a BMW ,@Thematic wins for fractions over me but i never use it to pass him .
Its a track that you can run " wide" anyway but cutting the chicane is like stealing a church .

Last edited:
ps2 @RMan72 What's your best lap time with 100% fair lap?
My best lap was a 2:32.5xx got a bump boost on the way down to Au Rouge, a good draft down Kemmel and another one through Blanchimont.

Cutting the chicane will take at least 1.5s off your time. I could gain a little by straight lining Au Rouge, as there is a fair bit of tyre scrub, but that isn't racing. :cool:

Going to try and find the Dino later, 20 resets last night and he was still hiding

My best lap was a 2:32.5xx got a bump boost on the way down to Au Rouge, a good draft down Kemmel and another one through Blanchimont.

Cutting the chicane will take at least 1.5s off your time. I could gain a little by straight lining Au Rouge, as there is a fair bit of tyre scrub, but that isn't racing. :cool:

Going to try and find the Dino later, 20 resets last night and he was still hiding
I don't even know why does Dino has to be in line up because if you tune Alfa little bit, you beat it with 20-30 sec.. don't remember exactly. Also Stratos beats it.

I agree regarding cutting the chicane on SPA , it's not fair, I was stuck in the sand little bit so did it on a last lap so you need to run it one more time lol

Also I recorded the school but it looks horrible, Monte Carlo looks just faded so much, guess I'll have to tweak colors on TV little bit.

I agree regarding cutting the chicane on SPA , it's not fair, I was stuck in the sand little bit so did it on a last lap so you need to run it one more time lol
I need to run it one more time, surely you should without cutting the chicane :P, but just cos you asked I ran it again, found some speed in the corner with no name and left more time out there just in case
20211209_180601.jpg

Fire at will
IMG_20211209_203344082.jpg

IMG_20211209_203409453_HDR.jpg

I feel great cause last no tune make you " move " guys .
By the way cutting the chicane is pretty much 1-1.2 sec. ( For me ) .
Just test it today before travel to Monaco .
Am also very pleased cause i wrote a 2.35.5 without it on free run .
I might try it again next week but its quite hard for me to copy same laps . Can't find the right spot braking under slipstreaming

Performance points I guess... If someone has good tune for Chappy I'll trybit to.. even tho with a wheel Id be happy to try hard to get last win.. with pad I'll just try..

btw Since I did all kind of stuff to my PS, I'm trying to emulate capture card on it atm.. but I'm not very optimistic It could run the game and record.. we'll see.. at least ps3 was definitely worth every penny times 10

edit- Funny it works on GT6, not on GT5 doesn't makes sense.. lost like hour because didn't work on 5.. Sound is way off atm

Last edited:
Performance points I guess... If someone has good tune for Chappy I'll trybit to.. even tho with a wheel Id be happy to try hard to get last win.. with pad I'll just try..

btw Since I did all kind of stuff to my PS, I'm trying to emulate capture card on it atm.. but I'm not very optimistic It could run the game and record.. we'll see.. at least ps3 was definitely worth every penny times 10

edit- Funny it works on GT6, not on GT5 doesn't makes sense.. lost like hour because didn't work on 5.. Sound is way off atm
is that there is something that does not fit, the car already has 604 performance points as standard, so I think it must be HP.

is that there is something that does not fit, the car already has 604 performance points as standard, so I think it must be HP.
Its not hp ,its PP .
You can bring pp down by moving the power from 100% to lower ,you can add weight etc.
Doesn't matter how many hp you have ,the rule is to be at 600 pp .
Ill take a pic when ill come back at noon .
I design this remembering an old challenge ( was on full power then ) when @lfm58 , @RMan72 and i was fighting for first place in a race and @lfm58 ( aka gladiator) really bust the timer .
THis thing run like hell at this track and if you get the flow away from the barriers you will feel amazing .
All you need is set up you can " trust" and many laps to find the sweet spots and go for it .
Its like driving in a tunnel at the speed of light ( somehow) .

PS
You use wrong car is the 2J not the other one .

Last edited:
With some tweaks I think I found a way to do school and maybe some other videos without filming a screen but the process is little bit annoying, I actually got so frustrated at one point that I deleted almost all games from my PS3. So be honest, is this looking any better than offscreen footage?

Btw this is lap on Suzuka East from Crossover Cup (Good times @bjl23) in M3 E92 :P Lost good amount of time at last part of the track :)

I found this bad boy to do some laps since it's the end of an era.. I also founs some s$it capture card on amazon for 15$ so I might be back here to hang out for people who will stay to do the school. One thing about school tho what I always wanted to say is that we get p1 p2 p3 at the end of the round but if this thread will be school only I think we should at least get like sentence or two feedback on our driving (just a thought). Btw why does Dino has to be in line up? Stratos beats Dino I think.
View attachment 1098456
As long as it in the line up "anyware"

Back