THE CHALLENGE HUB, CHALLENGE COMPLETE

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
Why ? Aren't you " happy " enough ?
Am that close to start " hate " you :lol:
At least you give motivation to Boogieman to start " moving " again .
Rumors put him locked in his apartment and wasn't that he respect Christmas holidays .... just lost interest cause couldn't find someone to ........ STSOOH.*

STSOOH * its irrelevant to the well-known ........ scare the sh.t out of him :lol:

It's the thing with hot lapping. You need to know when to stop because there will always be someone who can catch better lap faster than you and finding last few tenths on some lap is most frustrating thing. Im also happy to have Hugh here or Paddy when he's motivated because it's really difficult to beat them. I was actually happy that I managed to beat @RMan72 on Goodwood last round both stroke play and handicap but it I knew if we come close with times to Red Bull car that it's going to be little bit unfair because its hard on pad I believe.. Very hard.. and I did 26.00 with still at leastn1 sec room to improve.. Also on when I joined here I had to do 361 lap on Kart Space to beat him :banghead:
I don't even know where was I going with this post anymore but just wanted to say it was fun for years and big thanks to Bryce. It would be amazing if we could have some online races one day all of us just for laughs :cheers:
With Noel included (I know he doesn't want to race his students but still, just for fun )

Last edited:
For F1 am on AT gears and since is way fast i can't even try it on MT .
This challenge is doom for me but that's the interesting part at our hub :cheers:
Everything is possible and every member can achieve the win cause someone's weakness is another's strong point.
While am not able to write a white lap on Green Hell ........ comes @Thematic and put me a minute on my head easily :lol:
I couldn't run a single lap with F1 without use multiple times the reverse and you find it interesting :crazy:

As about the tower ,i think it would be better for me to buy a sweepstake than talk about it :lol:
Using manual gears in the F1 keeps you busy so much button pressing, I hit the Rev limiter a hand full of times.
You really need good reflections to keep up with it, when I was in 7th gear watching the road lines go by made my eyes hurt :lol:
I don't even know where was I going with this post anymore but just wanted to say it was fun for years and big thanks to Bryce. It would be amazing if we could have some online races one day all of us just for laughs :cheers:
With Noel included (I know he doesn't want to race his students but still, just for fun
GT7 hopefully.

Gt7 can wait in my opinion .
We don't know something yet plus there's no ps5 to buy yet.
Will see about that when it comes out.

Back to ours know ,as i said i pack my stuff and move at Laguna.
Very difficult to set the car on SS tyres while on Spa i was with RH and was quite helpful against the beasts .
Don't know what ill choose for school between Ss or RH but i put the mechanics to search for best solution to help me stay on track.
And as usual i start from free run to gain confidence over the car .
Morning session SS tyres

On RH am about 3 sec. faster without flirting with danger ,of course race laps are always slower from qualifying for " safety " reasons.
Tough call this one .

Gt7 can wait in my opinion .
We don't know something yet plus there's no ps5 to buy yet.
Will see about that when it comes out.

Back to ours know ,as i said i pack my stuff and move at Laguna.
Very difficult to set the car on SS tyres while on Spa i was with RH and was quite helpful against the beasts .
Don't know what ill choose for school between Ss or RH but i put the mechanics to search for best solution to help me stay on track.
And as usual i start from free run to gain confidence over the car .
Morning session SS tyres

On RH am about 3 sec. faster without flirting with danger ,of course race laps are always slower from qualifying for " safety " reasons.
Tough call this one .

I would recommend that you use the line-up that I used to win with the Spirra. I would also look were I passed for the win on all 6 lap's.. Also I would use the Sports:Soft tire for this race. On the last lap drive with your rear view mirror so as to not get spun out. If you need anything else regarding tune I can help with that.

Last edited:
I choked to enter 1.05 on No Tune on last corner.. I'll do the school and one more audi attempt next Thursday.. Other than that day, no more time to play :crazy:

IMG_20210110_185258~2.jpg

IMG_20210110_185327~2.jpg

I would recommend that you use the line-up that I used to win with the Spirra. I would also look were I passed for the win on all 6 lap's.. Also I would use the Sports:Soft tire for this race. On the last lap drive with your rear view mirror so as to not get spun out. If you need anything else regarding tune I can help with that.

Thanks for your advices Noel .
I did couple of races yesterday to see where ,when and how against the AI .
This race need " study " cause you cannot pass every AI at the same spots ,some needed to wait and some not ,i was on SS tyres with my biggest problem the brakes before Corkscrew .
I use as a base my tune from Spa with some tweaking that made my rear end more stable and i believe am in a good point on the way it handles .
I was on a field that was the Toyota 7 inside but not the same as yours .
For sure the TAKE NO PRISONERS mod is out of my skills on this one plus is hiding many risks.

Time for a brake now and its time to reveal the team colours that will run at Laguna
IMG_20210110_211331.jpg

According to my fashion manager ,the new colour might scary the AI and leave me room to pass :lol:

I doubt that ,but my hands are tied from the contract :lol:

Last edited:
^ Yes, I basically had to memorize a lot. If I had changed the grid each time I would still be "trying".
One surprise (risk) I discovered that time trials will not reveal is that going up the hill toward the corkscrew, do not bother trying to pass on the right side once you come near to the first blue rumble strip, unless you are already quite familiar with just how that upsets the car. So my setup's what ever but I don't think you can setup that car – by what I mean, an extremely powerful version if it – in a way that that does not matter.

^ Yes, I basically had to memorize a lot. If I had changed the grid each time I would still be "trying".
One surprise (risk) I discovered that time trials will not reveal is that going up the hill toward the corkscrew, do not bother trying to pass on the right side once you come near to the first blue rumble strip, unless you are already quite familiar with just how that upsets the car. So my setup's what ever but I don't think you can setup that car – by what I mean, an extremely powerful version if it – in a way that that does not matter.

I never pass from right side at Corkscrew , cause i can't .
Only from inside and not able to pass all the cars ,only the slower ones.

I never pass from right side at Corkscrew , cause i can't .
Only from inside and not able to pass all the cars ,only the slower ones.
You are correct the best pass is always from the inside at the corkscrew. The pass on the outside in order to accomplish that you will have to be right on top of the car that you’re going to pass or else it will get dicey.

Last edited:
F'ING GOOD TIME IN THE SUN
14.519 s
That's 0.9 s better than the second best result. I did 17 races. But I may return.
Laps this time:
1:19.533 | 1:11.312 | 1:09.202

This is how you corner :D :')
sideshow.gif

Earlier race, though.
--
I often take my new addition to the garage to Nürburg first. For one, it lets me not forget to remove traction control and abs so that I never have to do it again.

f1gt_ring_1.jpg

This time it also let me dial in the car. Not the car settings, but my muscle memory, hopefully. Yes, I waited seven years.

f1gt_ring_2.jpg
I don't have to worry about that, I reserved the whole track for myself! Ibanez couldn't make it.

f1gt_ring_3.jpg
Some things I can do little about.

Attachments

• goodtime_results.jpg
    goodtime_results.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You are correct the best pass is always from the inside at the corkscrew. The pass on the outside in order to accomplish that you will have to be right on top of the car that you’re going to pass or else it will get dicey.

Passing from outside never work for me at Corkscrew , its always a disaster :lol:
They are race cars with better tyres ( that means better braking also ) ,more power etc.
What work for me at the Laguna which is a narrow track is to maintain lap consistency ,that way i test the AI where they leave me room to pass since i always meet them at the same spots .
They are cars that can pass them from the inside at turn six , others are impossible to do it and the same applies to every passing point .
That's more or less i mean when am writing " study" the field .
The truth is that some times take to long to achieve something that pleases me as a result ,but worth the effort cause i know that i did my best and then ....... winning or not doesn't matter .
My top priority is to bring back the car " one piece " , untouched and to enjoy the race by bringing my best result .
Also i feel happy for my mates that did the "work " better than me ,might sound curious but it's true.
Knowing first hand how difficult might be , am able to say :
Damn this guy (or these guys ) deserve it and bravo to him ( or to them ) .
And i feel nice , cause he feels nice and i' ve been there and know how it is.
End of story hope to end soon to give after that a try on F1 at the end of the week .

Last edited:
Passing from outside never work for me at Corkscrew , its always a disaster :lol:
They are race cars with better tyres ( that means better braking also ) ,more power etc.
What work for me at the Laguna which is a narrow track is to maintain lap consistency ,that way i test the AI where they leave me room to pass since i always meet them at the same spots .
They are cars that can pass them from the inside at turn six , others are impossible to do it and the same applies to every passing point .
That's more or less i mean when am writing " study" the field .
The truth is that some times take to long to achieve something that pleases me as a result ,but worth the effort cause i know that i did my best and then ....... winning or not doesn't matter .
My top priority is to bring back the car " one piece " , untouched and to enjoy the race by bringing my best result .
Also i feel happy for my mates that did the "work " better than me ,might sound curious but it's true.
Knowing first hand how difficult might be , am able to say :
Damn this guy (or these guys ) deserve it and bravo to him ( or to them ) .
And i feel nice , cause he feels nice and i' ve been there and know how it is.
End of story hope to end soon to give after that a try on F1 at the end of the week .
My advice for the brave souls who take the Oullium out at Laguna Seca is to brake earlier than normal and remember the rule slow in fast out.
Have fun :mad:

14.519 s
That's 0.9 s better than the second best result. I did 17 races. But I may return.
Laps this time:
1:19.533 | 1:11.312 | 1:09.202

This is how you corner :D :')
View attachment 984023

Earlier race, though.
--
I often take my new addition to the garage to Nürburg first. For one, it lets me not forget to remove traction control and abs so that I never have to do it again.

View attachment 984024

This time it also let me dial in the car. Not the car settings, but my muscle memory, hopefully. Yes, I waited seven years.

View attachment 984025
I don't have to worry about that, I reserved the whole track for myself! Ibanez couldn't make it.

View attachment 984026
Some things I can do little about.
Very nice mate, but you must win the race for your time to count. If I can do it I know you can.
Love the gif.

My advice for the brave souls who take the Oullium out at Laguna Seca is to brake earlier than normal and remember the rule slow in fast out.
Have fun :mad:
You and one other has taken your advice. Are there any other's that are going to run the School? So far I have 2 students that have run the school. Corbin Dallas were are you??

Last edited:
You and one other has taken your advice. Are there any other's that are going to run the School? So far I have 2 students that have run the school. Corbin Dallas were are you??

Long time no see .
I have one save but doesn't worth since has 3 errors and one " shave", its from Tuesday and yesterday that i try again i wasn't successful .
I'll try it again today to see if i can change something , otherwise I'll stick with the one i have.
Very frustrating class this one and tough on SS tyres .
Need to take risks but i can't " win " at all ,at least till now.

Long time no see .
I have one save but doesn't worth since has 3 errors and one " shave", its from Tuesday and yesterday that i try again i wasn't successful .
I'll try it again today to see if i can change something , otherwise I'll stick with the one i have.
Very frustrating class this one and tough on SS tyres .
Need to take risks but i can't " win " at all ,at least till now.
I have a racer in P2 who did not win the race and no P3.

15.38 s

Madrid_slide_1.jpg
Madrid_slide_2.jpg

Really basic stuff I guess, but after a couple hundred km I'm starting to catch slides. On slicks, it can be argued. Pictures show where I only had some success - didn't have to spend 20..30 seconds trying to get the nose forward. Of course, the steering wheel is useless, as the wheels actually turn too little (too late). And for that downhill-to-trio, I stopped locking the brakes severely at the end, either locking them on purpose earlier, or not overheating them. But maybe no smoke means long time slowing.

Similarly, I notice flat out in fourth gear has the same effect. Since somebody chopped the mirrors off, I know because I specifically looked, while driving. Seemed like a lap 2 or 3 T1 of 18, with sub 18 being the rubber smoke edition. But none of that matters here, the delta is what matters.

Attachments

• goodtime_results.jpg
    goodtime_results.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I finished my " school " yesterday and upload the vid during the night .
Not what i wanted but at least i managed to stay without garage repairs :lol:
Quite tough this one due to the tyres against the monsters .
Ill give a shot at F1 later but i doubt that i can even finish the race at first place :boggled:
Its a spin city that i can't control , i might try a very long gearing but am afraid the outcome will be :crazy: again.
Looking forward for next round cause this one was a bit of nightmare .........have a good day guys.

PS
My fashion manager start complaining about when she's gonna paint a new car and choose my outfit :lol:

Last edited:
Nice time Hugh. Ill have maybe half hour to play this afternoon. Don't think Ill be able to beat this one even tho in theory I know how to get close to it.
It's great racing you, sometimes little bit frustrating but still. If you find time could you post vid of 5.7 when round finishes :P

Back