• Thread starter bjl23
  • 10,190 comments
No tune
IMG_20211004_194019.jpg

practicing with the Biposto

View attachment 1084365
I already done my homework mate.
Hope to enjoy school and take part .
I stay at 470 pp ( keep original excaust ) and a very stiff set up that wasn't drivable at max power .
Although was faster than anything else at this power range and a bit twitcy on low speed acceleration .
Class races are in another level from what we use to.

Back to ours now
No tune update
IMG_20211003_194053818_HDR.jpg

I already done my homework mate.
Hope to enjoy school and take part .
I stay at 470 pp ( keep original excaust ) and a very stiff set up that wasn't drivable at max power .
Although was faster than anything else at this power range and a bit twitcy on low speed acceleration .
Class races are in another level from what we use to.

Back to ours now
No tune updateView attachment 1084378
well I ran the Biposto with everything that was available, and with the adjustments that I made it ran very well, in fact I was surprised how well it handles, I hit the nail on the head with the suspension adjustment hehehe, my car was left with 475pp

@slybynight so what are you thinking now? Asseto Corsa with mods etc.?
Shame we didn't use time on GT5 good enough, maybe someday. This is my only useless hobby so I wont give up that easily :P Although that E46 vs E92 races were nice :)

I did London little bit today @RMan72 I can do 58.5..not sure I'll be able to beat your new time. I have a question also for you regarding drifting and racing both.. What Controller Sensitivity you use? Also I think I used wrong tyres on Subaru race :/

I'm really not very talented for drifting but it's exciting since I've never tried it before.. I can do 14.000 points on Tsukuba Sector Mode with Alfa GTA but I feel I have a lot to learn still :) If anyone has any comment regarding drifting I'll be happy to listen.. Also I might try drifting events on Shift 2, It's the only tasks I haven't completed in that game :)

Last edited:
Shame we didn't use time on GT5 good enough, maybe someday. This is my only useless hobby so I wont give up that easily :P Although that E46 vs E92 races were nice :)

I did London little bit today @RMan72 I can do 58.5..not sure I'll be able to beat your new time. I have a question also for you regarding drifting and racing both.. What Controller Sensitivity you use? Also I think I used wrong tyres on Subaru race :/

I'm really not very talented for drifting but it's exciting since I've never tried it before.. I can do 14.000 points on Tsukuba Sector Mode with Alfa GTA but I feel I have a lot to learn still :) If anyone has any comment regarding drifting I'll be happy to listen.. Also I might try drifting events on Shift 2, It's the only tasks I haven't completed in that game :)
I really like to do drifts, although something funny happens to me, when I run in time trial I do super progressive drifts, almost like in a movie, but instead when I enter drift mode I fail catastrophically hahaha

Is as you wrote Hugh , SS tyres and settings according to No Tune rules which means you can change oil and adjust Brake balance to your liking ..
I choose this challenge from memory ( test some times for future challenges ) cause i didn't have the time to design something else or test something else.
What i kept in mind from that previous run was that after the first corner ,can run flat out till the first hard brake at downhill sector ,and i was .
Also i bought new car for it ,so am definitely on right settings .

Is as you wrote Hugh , SS tyres and settings according to No Tune rules which means you can change oil and adjust Brake balance to your liking ..
I choose this challenge from memory ( test some times for future challenges ) cause i didn't have the time to design something else or test something else.
What i kept in mind from that previous run was that after the first corner ,can run flat out till the first hard brake at downhill sector ,and i was .
Also i bought new car for it ,so am definitely on right settings .
No problem, just going to have a find a quicker way to drive the car around GVS unless there is a shortcut I'm missing :mischievous:

@nostradavor2 I have my controller sensitivity set at 5, 5 and 8

Last edited:
I don't think at that track there's a shortcut somewhere Hugh .
Perhaps the use of merciless drive and taking the wheels out of it is the key .

No tune final updated ( i guess )
View attachment 1084674

View attachment 1084675

I admit i hide my best one but what the hell , probably Hayabusa will pass me once again .
I have suffered too much with that car, I hate the FF hehehe, I also have another time but I'm a hundred thousandths of this one you uploaded.

@nostradavor2 I seem to have become quite a regular on the online GT5 scene - I like it there - they are generally a clean-racing bunch and very highly skilled. Lots of them are from the americas, both north and south. But there are many interesting people there from around the globe. I particularly enjoy the voicechat functionality so I can vocalise my disdain as they all beat me!!! Whilst reminding them of their shame that they are not British!!!(:-)). I have been educated by these folks, I have made friends.

I would generally rather be beaten a hundred times with real-time players than win once offline. and yet.... their style of racing, not by their own fault, just the nature of geographically disparate players with their own demands on their time, and the limitations of the GT series, seems to favour 2 or 3 laps. Short races. Sometimes a bit of a bumper car event. Not my sort of thing.

I yearn for long races (1 hr plus) - something where tyre-wear plays a part, and fuel, and random failure... and tactics. I want old cars, slippery, hard work to handle. There must be others like me and finding these people is my ultimate goal.

I am close to the final stages of motion-activating my rig, I have all the electronics, seat hardware and software prepared - I will be be buying the motors over the next few days.

Once that is done I will cast myself amongst the various games and see what suits me best, though I have already been advised that I will only find solace to my requirements in iracing.

I am also close to acquiring the holy grail graphics card to run triple monitors. I could not bear to run single screen.

If I have ONE mesage to send to you all, it is to strive endlessly to move onwards and forwards from 1 screen on GT.

Going multiscreen on GT is so easy. and soooooo rewarding.

It is the ONLY platform that enables 5+ screens with online racing.... and so smothly with minimal effort.

I will never give up that capability.

Oh, and before you ask, you can take VR headsets and shove them up your bum - but that's a separate conversation!

Last edited:
^ 1 hour race is not too long – I think I would keep that opinion once a week – but I would have liked to race The Ring for two laps more often. Instead of the usual single lap. Of course I've thought that for several years, since before the servers were flattened.

As for triple screen, I could never stomach the idea of putting multiple consoles to work per player.

I had some time and since i want it all is quite long i try for last time no tune ( for real this time)
Small improvement but difficult to achieve not to mention how many times my tyres was facing the sky in that fast right we all know.

No tune final
IMG_20211008_201450.jpg

IMG_20211008_201152.jpg

I might try at noon the Subaru but i have no great hopes .

I had some time and since i want it all is quite long i try for last time no tune ( for real this time)
Small improvement but difficult to achieve not to mention how many times my tyres was facing the sky in that fast right we all know.

No tune final
View attachment 1085393

View attachment 1085394

I might try at noon the Subaru but i have no great hopes .
that's what bothered me the most, that's why I didn't try it anymore, every time I was left with my "feet" up in that curve, apart from the understeer typical of the FFs.

@nostradavor2 I seem to have become quite a regular on the online GT5 scene - I like it there - they are generally a clean-racing bunch and very highly skilled. Lots of them are from the americas, both north and south. But there are many interesting people there from around the globe. I particularly enjoy the voicechat functionality so I can vocalise my disdain as they all beat me!!! Whilst reminding them of their shame that they are not British!!!(:-)). I have been educated by these folks, I have made friends.

I would generally rather be beaten a hundred times with real-time players than win once offline. and yet.... their style of racing, not by their own fault, just the nature of geographically disparate players with their own demands on their time, and the limitations of the GT series, seems to favour 2 or 3 laps. Short races. Sometimes a bit of a bumper car event. Not my sort of thing.

I yearn for long races (1 hr plus) - something where tyre-wear plays a part, and fuel, and random failure... and tactics. I want old cars, slippery, hard work to handle. There must be others like me and finding these people is my ultimate goal.

I am close to the final stages of motion-activating my rig, I have all the electronics, seat hardware and software prepared - I will be be buying the motors over the next few days.

Once that is done I will cast myself amongst the various games and see what suits me best, though I have already been advised that I will only find solace to my requirements in iracing.

I am also close to acquiring the holy grail graphics card to run triple monitors. I could not bear to run single screen.

If I have ONE mesage to send to you all, it is to strive endlessly to move onwards and forwards from 1 screen on GT.

Going multiscreen on GT is so easy. and soooooo rewarding.

It is the ONLY platform that enables 5+ screens with online racing.... and so smothly with minimal effort.

I will never give up that capability.

Oh, and before you ask, you can take VR headsets and shove them up your bum - but that's a separate conversation!
Yes definitely, GT5 Online is best thing that happened since GT6 closed servers or even before for online racing. I went away because I use only mobile data and my mobile provider has problems with NAT type so I can't connect with most people on XLink :(

Othetwise am learning to drive with pad, and it's really hard to have sense of control on Pad like on Wheel. Snappy cars that are my favorite are impossible to drive now without a wheel because I used to be always on left right throttle and brake at same time lol.

My plans for future is come down from a wheel to pad let alone other monitors haha and maybe if I'll have something to spare I'll buy ps4 for gt7 :(

I'll be back on GT5 online if I get internet router at flat and do some challenges here on GT6 hub :) Sorry to see that the Hub is not that much active anymore

I tried to upload the pics of my results but for any reason the page dont allow me... I'll post them tomorrow even if it doesn't count for the classification :(

Back