The Clash of the Titans

• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 342 comments
Damned, @MUC76 , the German with its German car, was on fire, impossible to defeat him today!!

It was an great honour to play with @Evilmuffin today. Thanks for stopping by, my friend :)

Speaking about EVIL, special mention to @smoothbore12 - AKA the Frankenstein of the circuits - for ruining my car on EVERY race today. Of course, he didn't agressed @Lomic who won the last race (bravo copain)... So it's very personal :nervous:
Yes, it was great to race with you, @Evilmuffin ! (I've been the guy with the sandals in the back... ) Hope you will Return after Easter.

Anyway, it was a wild ride today and nonetheless again great fun with you, guys! It is that close that every one of us can end on every position. As the slowest of any kind of shoes today I want to thank you!

(For any interested: I will share the third race as Gorefast aka Morelast)

Once a week. The Saturdaynight slot 😉

By the way. It was a pleasure to share the track with you. You are very precise in side-by-side situations, even if the car is twitchy. You know exactly what you are doing there.

Cheers
Martin
Hey it was fun.

I recently joined a league and they are fairly firm about leaving room when racing side by side. Had a crash course last week (luckily I didn't spin anyone out).

Awesome about this being weekly. Next week I might not be able to join, but I should be seeing you guys the following week.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

for the next event the combo Mini Clubman VGT (stock car, except ABS no assist) at Tsukuba circuit (10 laps, penalties for car hitting and "off road") was under discussion. The first feedback was not exciting. I would subscribe that. In my hands it's too understeery and not a pleasure to drive at all. Understeer is something I really don't like. The only way to bring the ship around a corner is to break early and hope that you are slow enough. That remembers me the driving style of my grandpa :D
If x-steer has to be, then I prefer a bit (controllable) oversteer. Here you can do at least somethin against, and it looks cool :sly:

I remembered the BMW VGT as a car, which has typical BMW-characteristics (the Mini doesn't have IMO, even being designed in Munich) and just makes fun.
The only drawback of the car (for "fast tracks") is the top-speed IMO. But therefore it could be a good (stock)-choice for Tsukuba.

May I ask you to give it a try at Tsukuba?
BMW VGT
Racing Medium
Front downforce 450
rest stock

The BMW is more like a powerful Gocart, whereas the Mini feels like a ship. If it's too aggressive TC could do the job.

Regards
M

Hi dear friends,
I will try to join you one day because it's a group that I really like and with people that I like. I don't really know how to reach you. The races are on Saturday at 6 p.m. (French time), right? I'm not promising you anything but I'll do my best to do some races. :cheers:

Hi dear friends,
I will try to join you one day because it's a group that I really like and with people that I like. I don't really know how to reach you. The races are on Saturday at 6 p.m. (French time), right? I'm not promising you anything but I'll do my best to do some races. :cheers:

Yeah. We used to race at Saturday at 6 p.m. CET which seems to be the iterative optimum to ensure that people, being interested, can participate.

... you reached us already. Our "Pesellident" is omnipresent (:bowdown: @Pesselles)
But in case of questions please contact president @Pesselles directly or @smoothbore12 being the guy telling the president what has to be done :D

Regards
Martin

[Edit: by the way ... Would be an honor for me to share the track with you.]

Last edited:
Hi dear friends,
Hello Jérome :)

As we are already friends in game, you simply find the "Clash of the Titans" in the lobby to join us :)
Come when you want, when you can, no stress ;)

Yeah. We used to race at Saturday at 6 p.m. CET which seems to be the iterative optimum to ensure that people, being interested, can participate.

... you reached us already. Our "Pesellident" is omnipresent (:bowdown: @Pesselles)
But in case of questions please contact president @Pesselles directly or @smoothbore12 being the guy telling the president what has to be done :D

Regards
Martin

[Edit: by the way ... Would be an honor for me to share the track with you.]
Hello Jérome :)

As we are already friends in game, you simply find the "Clash of the Titans" in the lobby to join us :)
Come when you want, when you can, no stress ;)
Thanks my friends !!! Euh sorry oups ... thanks Mr Président @Pesselles :bowdown::bowdown:
emmanuel-macron-choqué.gif
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hey guys,

for the next event the combo Mini Clubman VGT (stock car, except ABS no assist) at Tsukuba circuit (10 laps, penalties for car hitting and "off road") was under discussion. The first feedback was not exciting. I would subscribe that. In my hands it's too understeery and not a pleasure to drive at all. Understeer is something I really don't like. The only way to bring the ship around a corner is to break early and hope that you are slow enough. That remembers me the driving style of my grandpa :D
If x-steer has to be, then I prefer a bit (controllable) oversteer. Here you can do at least somethin against, and it looks cool :sly:

I remembered the BMW VGT as a car, which has typical BMW-characteristics (the Mini doesn't have IMO, even being designed in Munich) and just makes fun.
The only drawback of the car (for "fast tracks") is the top-speed IMO. But therefore it could be a good (stock)-choice for Tsukuba.

May I ask you to give it a try at Tsukuba?
BMW VGT
Racing Medium
Front downforce 450
rest stock

The BMW is more like a powerful Gocart, whereas the Mini feels like a ship. If it's too aggressive TC could do the job.

Regards
M
I drove both the BMW and Mini VGT (both in stock form) and they both drive fine. While the Mini did understeer more because of AWD, it was not too pronounce or unmanagable. It did however felt very weird driving on the roof and had to guess the shift point (both cars have no interior view for psvr2).

FWIW, these two cars might be too fast and gripy for Tsukuba. Aside from one short-ish straight, there isn't a whole lot of full acceleration zone (for powerful and grippy cars) to capitalize on a good exit or other's mistakes. I think it will be more fun with a 89 M3 on SH tires :dopey:

Just my 2 cents

PS I only did a few laps and managed a 55 flat and 56 flat for the BMW and the Mini....In case you need a reference lap time.

My dear Greek friend, to whom the gods of antiquity have obviously bequeathed their entire vocabulary,

jump in the BMW, drive it to Tsukuba and give us your oracular feedback, as instructed by my foresighted German colleague @Gorefast.

We want to be perceived as at least a semi-serious racing community here, at least since @Lomic conjured up the coolest thumbnails on the entire GTPlanet.
Or have we already missed that? 🤭

We run the risk of becoming attractive to old chatterboxes who haven't gotten an appointment at the doctor or hairdresser to get rid of their pensioner drivel.

Since you're off work today, and you obviously seem to be pretty fit again, you have exactly one hour. 😎

@Evilmuffin showed you how to do 🤓

I love you anyway
Martin

My dear Greek friend, to whom the gods of antiquity have obviously bequeathed their entire vocabulary,

jump in the BMW, drive it to Tsukuba and give us your oracular feedback, as instructed by my foresighted German colleague @Gorefast.

We want to be perceived as at least a semi-serious racing community here, at least since @Lomic conjured up the coolest thumbnails on the entire GTPlanet.
Or have we already missed that? 🤭

We run the risk of becoming attractive to old chatterboxes who haven't gotten an appointment at the doctor or hairdresser to get rid of their pensioner drivel.

Since you're off work today, and you obviously seem to be pretty fit again, you have exactly one hour. 😎

@Evilmuffin showed you how to do 🤓

I love you anyway
Martin

Some cheerleaders for Martin after his brilliant post!

@Evilmuffin should ship us all a PSVR2 and then we'll think twice about including cars without cockpit view 😁

By the way, the suggestion of the M3 '89 got me all fuzzy inside (but mine is quite a bit tuned, I'd need to buy a new one)
Oh, that sounds more like a drift meeting - in sandals... I already start thinking about 'something completely different' for later when it is my turn again (not as the great Monty Pythons).

Some cheerleaders for Martin after his brilliant post!

@Evilmuffin should ship us all a PSVR2 and then we'll think twice about including cars without cockpit view 😁

By the way, the suggestion of the M3 '89 got me all fuzzy inside (but mine is quite a bit tuned, I'd need to buy a new one)
When you can't eat it on the track, enjoy your Muffin with your coffee :sly:

View attachment 1340252
Oh, that sounds more like a drift meeting - in sandals... I already start thinking about 'something completely different' for later when it is my turn again (not as the great Monty Pythons).

Oh my god! 😨
We ARE old chatterboxes already. 😁

@smoothbore12 just go on. We will follow you.

Regards
Martin 👴

Back