The Clash of the Titans

• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 342 comments
I'll test the BMW VGT later and let you know about my decision.
Thank God .
At last......
The President will decide......
benjamins-benjammins.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately there is no Opel Manta in GT7... 😰
You are a guy from the Ruhrpott I guess. I really can understand your heart is bleeding about that. I would appreciate that car, too.

My tennager time was full of Mantas and GTIs. Our Amazon was offline and called D&W catalog. The coolest guys were not whose with lots of cash to carry to AMG or BMW M GmbH in order to pick up the strongest and most expensive car, but whose who invested most time and love in their cars and motos. We kids between 16 and 20 were sitting between our cars and motos with cigarettes in the hands singing "Oh Lord, won’t you buy me ... a Mercedes Benz" 😅
We all were influencers, but without any cash, incorruptible and just for what we really loved.

So, great cars in former days in the country of sandals also without counting BMW and Porsche.
By the way. My grandpa had a Ford Capri which was a kind of contrahend to the first Manta. I had quite a cool Grandpa 😎
Sorry for the retro moment but these little legends deserve it.
Cheers
Martin

You are a guy from the Ruhrpott I guess. I really can understand your heart is bleeding about that. I would appreciate that car, too.

My tennager time was full of Mantas and GTIs. Our Amazon was offline and called D&W catalog. The coolest guys were not whose with lots of cash to carry to AMG or BMW M GmbH in order to pick up the strongest and most expensive car, but whose who invested most time and love in their cars and motos. We kids between 16 and 20 were sitting between our cars and motos with cigarettes in the hands singing "Oh Lord, won’t you buy me ... a Mercedes Benz" 😅
We all were influencers, but without any cash, incorruptible and just for what we really loved.

So, great cars in former days in the country of sandals also without counting BMW and Porsche.
By the way. My grandpa had a Ford Capri which was a kind of contrahend to the first Manta. I had quite a cool Grandpa 😎
Sorry for the retro moment but these little legends deserve it.
Cheers
Martin
I mentioned the Manta only because of Röhrl. My childhood and adulescence was dominated by several Renault despite living nearby the D&W Central in Bochum... I am feeling old (build in 1975) looking back to great memories. It was a great time but I also appreciate now and everything coming (orange clowns with small hands excluded). By the way, Alpine > Capri > Manta... 🏁🇨🇵

I mentioned the Manta only because of Röhrl. My childhood and adulescence was dominated by several Renault despite living nearby the D&W Central in Bochum... I am feeling old (build in 1975) looking back to great memories. It was a great time but I also appreciate now and everything coming (orange clowns with small hands excluded). By the way, Alpine > Capri > Manta... 🏁🇨🇵
Up to now I was just proud to share the place of birth with Walter Röhrl, but since a couple of weeks there is another point we share.

Now I am a Titan, too :D

Manta only because of Röhrl.
Relating Röhrl to Opel firstly reminds me of Ascona 400 (why did I mention this, now I again need to check which parts are missing for my restoration ...), not Manta necessarily.
I guess, this is simply as the more succesful car carries more memorable weight.

Relating Röhrl to Opel firstly reminds me of Ascona 400 (why did I mention this, now I again need to check which parts are missing for my restoration ...), not Manta necessarily.
I guess, this is simply as the more succesful car carries more memorable weight.

Röhrl in his Ascona was much faster than the 4WD Audi Quattros 🤭
Qrazy guy!
He usually won his races not by 30 seconds, but by 30 minutes. 😄

Cheers
Martin

Edit: found a video (sorry. It's in German)

Last edited:
Since I won't be joining this weekend, I decided to run some laps with the old vette. Managed some fairly consistent mid to high 1:02.
What I think...
That's fu..... fast :scared:
I hate you because of your consistent 1:02.
Thanks god you won't show up!!!
I will have to practise not to be laped by this really evil muffin guy when he shows up next time. :yuck:
Thank you for nothing :irked:

What I write...
Very nice time! May be a motivation for us not to lift throttle too much.
Really a pitty that you can't participate the event. But great that you joint us at least this way.
All the best
Martin

What is the truth...
That's fu..... fast :bowdown:

Last edited:
Hi all!!
This sounds like some serious good fun. I would like to join you guys, but I cant promise that I will be available each week.
@smoothbore12 @Pesselles How long in advance do you need to know about attendance?
1/ Hey welcome here, Gogga!!

2/ Hummmm, I would say few minutes is enough :dopey: The races set "only for friends", so you should see it in the lobby. Jump in your car and let's the fun happen

1/ Hey welcome here, Gogga!!

2/ Hummmm, I would say few minutes is enough :dopey: The races set "only for friends", so you should see it in the lobby. Jump in your car and let's the fun happen
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Perfect.. If I am available at 7pm local time on a Saturday/Sunday evening, I will be joining you guys!
Looking forward to seeing all these familiar faces on track!

Latest Posts

Back