The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Season 2 Discussion!

  • Thread starter Thread starter polarbear345
  • 466 comments
  • 18,008 views
Hi. I am German-Canadian. What is sand? Sand... Ummmmmm.... I think it's green. It grows on the ground, right? Like, it's a plant, right?


I can't stand deserts. I win races on snow, more often than sand. I win races in rain... I win races in the "familiar" climates. I've never really set foot on sand. Never touched sand. No.
 
MrMelancholy15
Hi. I am German-Canadian. What is sand? Sand... Ummmmmm.... I think it's green. It grows on the ground, right? Like, it's a plant, right?

I can't stand deserts. I win races on snow, more often than sand. I win races in rain... I win races in the "familiar" climates. I've never really set foot on sand. Never touched sand. No.

You need to go to the beach. Then take a surfing class. You will learn to like sand.
 
Hi. I am German-Canadian. What is sand? Sand... Ummmmmm.... I think it's green. It grows on the ground, right? Like, it's a plant, right?


I can't stand deserts. I win races on snow, more often than sand. I win races in rain... I win races in the "familiar" climates. I've never really set foot on sand. Never touched sand. No.

Never been to the beach? It's worth going at least once.
 
cnd01
Never been to the beach? It's worth going at least once.

It is kinda one of those 'ya gotta do it once' type things....
 
There are no beaches.


I live in Ontario. There's water... But, it's all pure rock. The ground is rock.


The shorelines (our word for beach) are just rocky outcroppings.


Otherwise, if they aren't just rocky outcroppings, you're standing on Canadian Geese, or their excrement.


But, no, no sand. No waves, no beaches. Look up "Elora Gorge." Big rocky cliffs. Beautiful, but... Boring as hell.
 
MrMelancholy15
There are no beaches.

I live in Ontario. There's water... But, it's all pure rock. The ground is rock.

The shorelines (our word for beach) are just rocky outcroppings.

Otherwise, if they aren't just rocky outcroppings, you're standing on Canadian Geese, or their excrement.

But, no, no sand. No waves, no beaches. Look up "Elora Gorge." Big rocky cliffs. Beautiful, but... Boring as hell.

People have started skim boarding at the creek... In Pennsylvania... In the fall.

I'm doing that after school tomorrow... Supposed to be 56 degrees, water temp- too cold! But it should be fun!
 
Yeah... no. Again, Canada is 99% rocks, one percent Newfy, and 0% "skim boarding."
 
MrMelancholy15
Yeah... no. Again, Canada is 99% rocks, one percent Newfy, and 0% "skim boarding."

Please tell me you know what skim boarding is...
 
MrMelancholy15
Something that would lead to a very damaged skull, in Canada.

Yep :)

I may twist my ankle with the tree roots that go into the water.
 
Volvo is not.

Since it seems like it need mentioned again...

We're adding the focus and the Mazda 3 equivalent in the game (it has a funky name)

Volvo is in another series. Pirelli World Challenge I think it is. And no, not the one driven by Randy Pobst.
 
Volvo is in another series. Pirelli World Challenge I think it is. And no, not the one driven by Randy Pobst.

That's World Challenge though. There are no Volvo's in ST.
 
cnd01
That's World Challenge though. There are no Volvo's in ST.

Therefor, there won't be any here :)
 
Maybe you didn't get that's what I meant. I never said Volvo was in this series, I merely said it was a good car.
 
Any word or idea on preseason or at least some shorter practice races?
 
5150S2K
Any word or idea on preseason or at least some shorter practice races?

I would say lets start work on specing the Mazda and ford. We can have 'meetings' at race time on Fridays to spec as a group.
 
polarbear345
I would say lets start work on specing the Mazda and ford. We can have 'meetings' at race time on Fridays to spec as a group.

Alright. I was thinking if we did 5-10 lap races, depending on the track. That way tires are warm and you can see how cars are going to preform without wasting time. Like do a race, tune the car, do a race, tune the car, etc.
 
5150S2K
Alright. I was thinking if we did 5-10 lap races, depending on the track. That way tires are warm and you can see how cars are going to preform without wasting time. Like do a race, tune the car, do a race, tune the car, etc.

Sounds good! Do that this weekend? Friday of course.
 
polarbear345
Sounds good! Do that this weekend? Friday of course.

Friday at 3:30 pst, 6:30 est time, sure!
 
5150S2K
Friday at 3:30 pst, 6:30 est time, sure!

Yep!

Early schedule-

Daytona
Grand valley east
Tokyo r246
Indy
Autumn ring
Nurb gp/d
Laguna seca

I think this would be really fun!
 
polarbear345
Early schedule-
Daytona
Grand valley east
Tokyo r246
Indy
Autumn ring
Nurb gp/d
Laguna seca
This looks good.
 
Yep!

Early schedule-

Daytona
Grand valley east
Tokyo r246
Indy
Autumn ring
Nurb gp/d
Laguna seca

I think this would be really fun!

Possibly squeeze in Motegi?
 
cnd01
Possibly squeeze in Motegi?
Which Motegi East,West, or full? Also why not through in Spa?
 
Motegi east is a nice track for cars like this.
 
freshseth83
Motegi east is a nice track for cars like this.

I think if we add another track, it'll be cape ring inside.
 
It doesn't really matter to me, I'm not going to be partaking next season. Trying to get james series headed in a good direction. I think cape ring south is better than inside. But they both have one problem turn IMO.
 
polarbear345
Yep!

Early schedule-

Daytona
Grand valley east
Tokyo r246
Indy
Autumn ring
Nurb gp/d
Laguna seca

I think this would be really fun!

Now where are we gunna be for this friday or are we gunna do a bunch of short races on all of them
 
For ST Toyko could be a little boring so I'd say swap Motegi East for Toyko

Motegi East has many nice wide spots to pass slower cars and overtake those in your own class. You have T1, T5, T7, T9 and T10. (Basicaly you can pass everywhere but T2-T4 but you can setup passes for T5 through this section) Also overall it's a nice flowing track.
 
Back