The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
I hate to say this, but The Crew 2 is fatally declining. Ivory and Ubisoft better do something quick, like put PvP in a month early.

I hate to say this, but The Crew 2 is fatally declining. Ivory and Ubisoft better do something quick, like put PvP in a month early.

Not worried, with COD and now RDR2 out, pretty much all other games are going to take a hit for awhile as people will be busy playing those games. I will be busy with RDR2 for awhile but I will be back to the Crew 2 soon enough.

Oh that's... Controversial. While the TVR is a great addition, Adding an existing car to a new discipline feels extremely cheap. 👎 What's worse, the first game had a Drift-Spec R34 available! :boggled:

Oh that's... Controversial. While the TVR is a great addition, Adding an existing car to a new discipline feels extremely cheap. 👎 What's worse, the first game had a Drift-Spec R34 available! :boggled:

Isn't it free though? How is that controversial? I do want that Griffith, that will be a nice addition.

Isn't it free though? How is that controversial? I do want that Griffith, that will be a nice addition.

Given the state of The Crew 2 right now, you would think Unisoft would be putting more efforts into the monthly drop. I just don't feel like they've put much effort by bringing over the exact same car from the previous game.

Given the state of The Crew 2 right now, you would think Unisoft would be putting more efforts into the monthly drop. I just don't feel like they've put much effort by bringing over the exact same car from the previous game.

You are certainly entitled to have an opinion on what you perceive is the state of the Crew 2 but it is by no means a given. That being said, it's free content, why complain about it if it's free? That Griffith looks great, I can't wait to take it for a spin. I get your point, I would love to see two all new cars too, but it's free. I'm just going to grab the Griffith and not bother with the Skyline.

I think the fact that these are free has a lot to do with it being lackluster. You can't expect top-quality DLC when there's no income for it.

I think the fact that these are free has a lot to do with it being lackluster. You can't expect top-quality DLC when there's no income for it.

"No income" is debatable given how the player has the option to purchase the car using microtransactions.

"No income" is debatable given how the player has the option to purchase the car using microtransactions.
True. Although it's also debatable that that "income" should be considered relevant because, in my opinion, I'm betting that they aren't getting any sort of reasonable amount from that I would imagine.

I have to admit, for how much I enjoyed my initial time with TC2, I was convinced I'd be back for more once they started adding more to it. I still enjoy it, and I still get that feeling that it's something special when I'm playing it...but when I consider playing it, I wonder what I'll do. Earn Icon levels for rewards I don't particularly care about? Grind Perf levels to beat all the events again on higher difficulties? Race against the tepid AI?

I enjoyed the new hovercraft races, but once you go through the first time they're worth little more than the open map because every race is like a time attack -- in spite of the alleged rubberbanding, all I see is that the AI either falls behind or gives you almost no chance to win, with little middle ground.

I'm hoping Ivory Tower can turn things around, but IMO the game needs a heaping pile of more events, and therefore more tracks to race; improvements to the AI or PvP/matchmaking to make the racing better; and more popular (older) cars, please.

I think what needs to be back in are the in game achievements for vanity items (License Plates)
Then factions.
PVP.
Remove the RNG of items.
Then it should be like TC 1 again but with slightly better things.

I think what needs to be back in are the in game achievements for vanity items (License Plates)
Then factions.
PVP.
Remove the RNG of items.
Then it should be like TC 1 again but with slightly better things.
Yeah, bring back the plates! What the heck Ubi?!?

..as long as the requirements are actually somewhat realistic, why not? Especially if the plates come with the incredibly-important ability to change the text on them.

I will agree, though, that there is a somewhat desperate lack of variety in terms of events. In some cases, it makes sense - the Touring Cars can only ever feasibly race in a certain number of locations - but even then, they could do so much more with them. Why do they not have a longer race, 10-15 minutes? They're perfectly capable of scripting events to take place at a given time of day, so they could probably make it a day-to-night race at neither-Sebring-nor-Sepang. The Alpha GP cars could have a race in Long Beach - that happened in TC1.

And then there's the times where the game restricts itself for no good reason. Street Race, for instance, is basically limited to a handful of streets in the biggest cities - except for when they're limited to a specific vehicle. Rallycross is limited to about three locations across the map - except for when the Live events decide to make use of them on what can only be described as proper rally stages. Aerial events are limited to wide-open areas - I'm not asking for events to require 100% precision flying, but why is there not just one event that takes you on a tour of downtown? If Drifting can go from airports to industrial areas to Central Park, why are the rest so needlessly limited to one particular thing?

One can hope that the next update, in some way or another, addresses this. We know it's going to add PVP, and I'd be a little disappointed if it doesn't include some form of route creator. Maybe have the best user creations added as proper events? I've got a couple of good ones in mind..

I miss filling in the map myself as I drive about i'm sure there are whole bits of the countryside I haven't seen yet but I guess the planes would mess that up :(

@rallymorten -- Exactly. I mean, I'd say what the game offers now is reasonable enough for one playthrough of it all, to get 60 hours out of $60, but there's a big gulf between the current offerings and the potential of what they could do with this map. If there was no precedent to suggest they intend to expand the game significantly (Wild Run and Calling All Units), it would be inexplicably absurd. There are unused event locations and even unused circuits -- though like you, I'm crossing my fingers for a route creator.

The problem is, I'm not sure they've gotten the ball rolling soon enough, unless the PvP update will be more comprehensive like WR and CAU instead of like the Gator Rush update.

there's a big gulf between the current offerings and the potential of what they could do with this map.

..and that's exactly why it annoys me so much, that they have a map this big, this good and gameplay this full of potential, and yet most of it goes unused for the time being.

Sure, as you say, they'll probably add more along the way - they did that with the September update as well. Nevertheless, some disciplines have extremely limited event variety for seemingly no good reason. Let's not forget that we're talking about a game that, courtesy of the Powerboats jumping the Hoover Dam, has established itself as not being afraid of daring to get a little bit on the silly side.

And that's where I allow myself to be a little disappointed, because some disciplines have clearly been given more free rein than others, for seemingly no good reason. I mean, it's not as if it takes an awful lot more creativity to come up with a Street Race event across the desert, a Rallycross time trial in the High Sierras or an Air Race through the center of Miami than it is to come up with a Motocross event through the back alleys of Los Angeles. And yet only one of those made it in, which to me screams conscious decision.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in the future, route creator or not.

In more positive it's-a-dead-game-nobody-plays-anymore-news, I've got an idea for a little photo game, and I may have stolen it from TDU2. Also photomode competitions in general.

..I mean, the RS3 was a given at some point, given that, you know, it appeared on the Season Pass thingymajig.

Also let's cause an uproar because shame on them for bringing something that isn't a meta-requested car (I'm guessing it's the Supra here as well because people can't get the message) into a game that, like it or, is about more than cars (and bikes, for that matter).

Just want to quick jump in here and say.
The Crew 2 Gold Edition is 50% off until 11/27.
I bought the Gold Edition yesterday but am keeping it until Christmas. The Audi RS3 LMS should be a nice addition to what is already a cool looking roster. The Maserati MC12 Corse is the real draw for me though.

Can't wait to ram someone and have them instantly reset. Unless they fix that (even if it's just for these events) I don't see this being worth even looking at.

Back