The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
Overall I like the improvements to the game so far I've never much of a DD fan but its a nice addon and did make me lol @ times the game looks crisper :) but the online part was a bit of a disappointment its just the sp races but with dudes you don't know and most times there names never load in so it was a race against some unknown ghosts around the same street race tracks nobody voted for the only hyper car race that came up and there was no rally X or raid racing or am I missing something ? sorry but 6/10 from me
I'm sure they'll add more disciplines in PvP soon. I think they just want to start small before dumping everything in.

EDIT:
Just started playing the Demo Derby events and they are very fun but equally hard.

Last edited:
I might be the only person who fails to understand how the demo derby mode works.
Crashing into other cars only seems to net me a few hundred points at a time, while the AI get multiple thousands of points for the same crash. Am I doing something wrong here?

I might be the only person who fails to understand how the demo derby mode works.
Crashing into other cars only seems to net me a few hundred points at a time, while the AI get multiple thousands of points for the same crash. Am I doing something wrong here?
Hmmm maybe think as yourself has a police man trying to spin the cars not wreck them so go for the rear or sides not head on wrecks see if that helps

I'm sure they'll add more disciplines in PvP soon. I think they just want to start small before dumping everything in.

EDIT:
Just started playing the Demo Derby events and they are very fun but equally hard.
Must have unlocked something or else missed something last night because all the events seem to be there tonight maybe it depends on the HQ you enter ?

Must have unlocked something or else missed something last night because all the events seem to be there tonight maybe it depends on the HQ you enter ?
That's what I thought too. I only tested PvP in the Street Race discipline.

That's what I thought too. I only tested PvP in the Street Race discipline.
Well last night when i went into the online bit you had 2 choices street or DemoDerby but tonight the 2 options were street or race I went into race and had a few good F1 & touring car races(I won my 1st f1 wooot then got spanked lol)until the server died and gave me a error code:0_2 loading times are pretty bad atm maybe the servers are stressed :(

I am wondering if anyone on the PS4 side would like to help me hit the last 2 trophies.
Event in crew and 50 km in crew today?

I am wondering if anyone on the PS4 side would like to help me hit the last 2 trophies.
Event in crew and 50 km in crew today?

..I'm not normally one to go trophy hunting, but since an opportunity has presented itself and those two happen to be basically the only trophies I'm missing as well, when exactly are we talking?

..I'm not normally one to go trophy hunting, but since an opportunity has presented itself and those two happen to be basically the only trophies I'm missing as well, when exactly are we talking?

When ever?
I could do it as soon as my chicken is done warming up for breakfast. :lol:

Edit:
Thanks @rallymorten for the invite and trophies. :) Now I got platinum.

Last edited:
Thanks @rallymorten for the invite and trophies. :) Now I got platinum.

You're absolutely welcome. As it turns out, I'm only a couple of insignificant ones away myself, so I might just make it happen.

Also this has just reminded me of how badly I'd want to do some form of event with more people. Probably something along the lines of this - a road trip for the sake of it being a road trip, followed by a good 'ol demolition derby :lol:

The Hypercar races seem to be a lot easier now. I heard that they patched them to make them less difficult, but dang. I gain nearly 4 minutes on Normal.

I was thinking the exact opposite I bought that Bugatti and couldn't win anything in it then last night I noticed all the driving aids were off DOH!.I do like that online seems harder though you seem to loose more speed riding them walls :)

I was thinking that because of the new damage physics, it would cause the car to lose speed while rail grinding.

Meh! online was very bad tonight its not often I get 2 other buddys to join and after some long waits we did a few crew races but had no luck trying live events :(

You're absolutely welcome. As it turns out, I'm only a couple of insignificant ones away myself, so I might just make it happen.

Also this has just reminded me of how badly I'd want to do some form of event with more people. Probably something along the lines of this - a road trip for the sake of it being a road trip, followed by a good 'ol demolition derby :lol:
I just have one achievement still to get. It's the one where you fit your car with Epic parts. I have my Hypercar Ford GT and my new GT LMS with everything Epic but tires.

Online worked ok tonight :) but now my wheel stops working for some unknown reason luckily I only have to unplug it and plug it back in no need to restart the game very odd lets hope they have some fix's in the works.

ah fix's :)
The Crew 2 Update Version 1.06 (PS4) Patch Notes 1.2.1 (PC, Xbox One)
DEMOLITION DERBY

• [Fixed] Leaderboards may not update after a player beats his own high score during a Demolition Derby Event.
  • [Fixed] It can be noticed that during the Bull Fight Demolition Derby event, some players may not receive bonus points when pushing an opponent into the water.
  • [Fixed] In certain circumstances, players with unstable connectivity may experiment difficulties to gather Demolition Derby bonuses.
  • [Fixed] Missing low-health audio notification after the first crash during a Demolition Derby event.
  • [Improved] Improved Demolition Derby special effects on bonuses.
  • [Improved] Improved replication of traps, wreck and effects during Demolition Derby events.
LIVE-BATTLE PVP MODE

• [Fixed] After completing a Live-Battle PVP event, players may not receive the correct reward associated to their position.
  • [Fixed] Player may remain stuck in the matchmaking loop.
  • [Fixed] Collision sounds can be heard in the background during Live-Battle PVP loading screen.
  • [Fixed] AI voice lines can be heard during Live-Battle PVP events.
  • [Fixed] Inconsistent characters positioning at podium screen after completing a Motocross event.
  • [Fixed] Inconsistent players positioning at “Crown of Maine” Jetsprint Event starting grid in Live-Battle PVP mode.
  • [Fixed] Incorrect “next league” rank progression displayed when reaching Platinum 1.
  • [Fixed] Player may remain stuck on result screen after other members left the session.
  • [Fixed] Points calculation inconsistencies at the end of Drift Live-Battle event if a player is still in combo.
  • [Fixed] Ranking inconsistencies between end of event screen and podium results during Drift Live-Battle event.
  • [Improved] Improved Live-Battle PVP crew invites.
  • [Improved] Improved Live-Battle PVP mode compatibility with Video Mode.
GAMEPLAY

• [Fixed] Inconsistent camera shakes when hitting a static element or traffic.
  • [Fixed] Inconsistent Dynamic Freestyle notifications during Drag & Air Race events.
  • [Fixed] Incorrect GPS line behavior in certain conditions.
  • [Fixed] Player may remain stuck on transition screens after collecting reward for the last Daily Contract.
  • [Improved] Wall-riding & wall bouncing additional tweaks.
  • [Improved] Improved Skills visibility on mini-map.
VISUALS

• [Fixed] Inconsistent shadow displaying on NPC faces.
  • [Fixed] Incorrect loot animations when trying to collect timeline rewards.
CONTROLS

• [Fixed] Compatibility issues with Steam Controller.
  • [Fixed] Unable to trigger Photo Mode from default driving wheel shortcut.
  • [Fixed] Missing default keymappings for keyboard “Text Chat” and Gamepad “R3”.

I still wish that they would reduce the cost of wrecking out. 5000 points is a little harsh, but not as harsh as wrecking yourself (10,000 points).

A few changes online
Live Battle (PVP mode):

- Return of the Daily Mixed playlists (Demolition Derby playlist every other day)
- Vehicle selection time increased to 20 seconds. Event will automatically start as soon as players have locked-in their choice.
- A PvP event will no longer start until 4 or more players are present in the lobby. If this is not the case after 60 seconds, the lobby will terminate and players will automatically be sent back to the matchmaking screen to find a new lobby.

Hi guys, i haven't played this in a while, just got it back on, can anyone tell me how you go back to your house or whatever it was, im sure i somehow managed to be in a house where you could change clothes etc etc, but i cannot figure out how to do it again, thanks..

Back