The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
So it's been a long while since I've been on this game. Are the summit rewards cumulative? As in, if you finish with a silver medal, do you get both the silver and bronze Rewards?

Are the summit rewards cumulative? As in, if you finish with a silver medal, do you get both the silver and bronze Rewards?

Yes. Yes they are.

Also just posting any form of score on any one of the events gets you 150k free Followers. That's the single best thing that's come from The Summit thus far.

Logging on today to discover I finished 3015th in the last summit...
dTcAHZc.jpg

To make myself feel better, I just remember that there are 13 other Xbox users who are probably more annoyed than I am. :P

Also, thanks for recommending the Speedster hovercraft, it is by far the easiest to tame in its class. Only problem is that avoiding the Hovercraft events in general means my vehicle is more or less stock. :crazy:

Also, thanks for recommending the Speedster hovercraft, it is by far the easiest to tame in its class. Only problem is that avoiding the Hovercraft events in general means my vehicle is more or less stock. :crazy:
So it definitely is, huh? The Speedster is the one I chose, and I had wondered why people were having so much trouble with the hovercraft events.

So it definitely is, huh? The Speedster is the one I chose, and I had wondered why people were having so much trouble with the hovercraft events.

The Speedster is better than the two I currently own; the one you get as part of the season pass and the prize for beating Sofia.

It is a similar effect to selecting an Air Race vehicle after using the Pilatus (which you start the game with if you met the TC1 reward requirement). The Pilatus handled bad enough to make anyone hate Air Race events but trying one of the easier handling planes makes it a lot more fun.

@FT-1 -- Right, the Pilatus too (which I still haven't flown myself). I really enjoyed the Air Race events a lot, in my Spitfire, and didn't understand the hate there either. Disinterest, sure, but not hate. :)

I enjoyed the AR events enough that I re-completed them on Hard with an underleveled perf rating in search of a challenge, which seemed to push the limit of my Spitfire's abilities at the time. I wonder if I could already beat them on Ace now...all the time attack disciplines (like Rally Raid or Jetsprint) are different in that regard from the live racing disciplines.

also also ICON 595 which means not long until I can call the Ferrari LaPrideAndAccomplishment done.

Yeah. I also found out that Summit events pretty much boosted my fame route for LaFerrari. I was at 120Icon from the game launch... Now I am nearly 300 after 2 weeks.

Logging on today to discover I finished 3015th in the last summit...

To make myself feel better, I just remember that there are 13 other Xbox users who are probably more annoyed than I am. :P

I was 3005... xC on PS4. I hope that this Huracan Performante which will be platinum reward in Untamed Italians will be easier to get.

Try Speedster, its somewhat controllable

Which one is it?

I am using the one which was reward for beating Freestyle Queen... I have huge concerns wasting Bucks for Hovercraft...

Oh and i managed to make pretty decent time in Hovercraft on Summit... 93,561 points isn't that bad considering how bad Hovercrafts are.

PS. One more thing. Is anyone knows how to deploy landing gear on PS4 after they added this stupid chat option? It used to be D-PAD Down... Now there is Chat... I preferred it to be manual

Last edited:
I see that you need an "Icon 200" plane for the summit.
Which is kinda well why?
I thought this was supposed to be for everyone at any level?

Yep. It is even in bundle pack for this Summit.

Only LaFerrari and higher tier cars are not buyable. (which is sad...)

So what would you guys say is the best motorcycle for street racing? I've been using the MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800 and I think I've mastered it to the point that I'm only 8 seconds off the WR on Downtown L.A. South.

So what would you guys say is the best motorcycle for street racing? I've been using the MV Agusta Brutale Dragster 800 and I think I've mastered it to the point that I'm only 8 seconds off the WR on Downtown L.A. South.
I switch between the new Suzuki and Panigale.

Finally got this game. £16.99 new at Smyths.

Looks good! I’ve seen all sorts of reviews about The Crew 2, but I’ll see for myself now. Been wanting it for a long time now lol how big is the player base for PS4 now?

I don't know any numbers, but anecdotally, when I've been playing the game has been significantly more populated than it used to be. I'm not sure if more people are playing or if there were tweaks to the matchmaking, though.

Okay, I'm back to playing the game and now have the season pass. The new car additions aren't too bad and I like that they adding new event types. Though the controls are still too awkward, I can't understand the mindset someone had with placing shift up and sown next to the triggers for throttle and brake.

I don't know any numbers, but anecdotally, when I've been playing the game has been significantly more populated than it used to be. I'm not sure if more people are playing or if there were tweaks to the matchmaking, though.

Yeah, I have also spotted difference in players population. There are more players definitely. Maybe because game has finally enough content to keep people playing it?

I've got the game with the season pass, as it is 70% off in the PS Store. Also got some crew credits so I could buy the Divo, 488 Pista, Egoista and NSX GT3.
I've tested the beta last year before the game released, but because of the mixed reviews I didn't buy it at the time. Now I'm loving it.

Finally won the Hovercraft race. They're fun to drive, not as fun to compete...

Just need to finish the Rally Raid and Aerobatics events and that should solidify my gold rank. I don't really care for platinum, I'm not THAT good...

As much as I’m loving this game so far, I think it really needs some more stability improvements. Trying to do co-op and I’ve had a few disconnects and a lot of game crashes (mostly at the start of a race).

It’s been a lot of fun grinding LA South Street Race with the Ducati Panigale R. Finally got it to 280 with all gold parts

This week's Summit has been nowhere near as hotly contested as last week's, but that's understandable given the prizes on offer. On the Xbox side, you just need to take part and you'll qualify for the Silver tier; there aren't even 15,000 participants! :crazy:

I'd imagine that's gonna change during the Untamed Italians week in which the Huracan Performante is the Platinum prize.

A very interesting glitch occured at the start of a Street race

Also the MV Agusta F4 RR is insanely fast on city tracks. Almost into the Top 50 on one of the LA street races with it

Whoever thought of allowing us to change perks on parts is a genius! It is so helpful when you're doing skill-based events and your vehicle is too low. My Wayco Aero plane has an extra 36% on Magnificent in addition to the 19% I already have on the tree (although I could just max it out to save time :))

Back