The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
If I may be so bold, the crew is an extremely popular driving game on PS4, Why does it not have it's own subsection in "driving games"

forza has it's own section, asseta corsa.. project cars, driveclub....What's up with the crew? Two games in the series, over 12.000.000 players, multiple game changing expansions and it's still in the console and gaming section.

Even gta5 has its own section.

Come on gt planet. Give the crew it's own section, only thing that should be in the console and gaming section is non driving games.

The crew 2 definitely needs it's own section, for car list etc.

Car list.
Real life track list.
Photomode.
Easter egg list.
City list.
Town list.

Etc...I'm petitioning a subsection right now on gtplanet.

Last edited:
If I may be so bold, the crew is an extremely popular driving game on PS4, Why does it not have it's own subsection in "driving games"

forza has it's own section, asseta corsa.. project cars, driveclub....What's up with the crew? Two games in the series, over 12.000.000 players, multiple game changing expansions and it's still in the console and gaming section.

Come on gt planet. Give the crew it's own section, only thing that should be in the console and gaming section is non driving games.

Car list.
Real life track list.
Photomode.
Easter egg list.
City list.
Town list.

Games and series get subsections depending on how much demand there is. There's not yet two Crew games, but there have been 12 Test Drive games (no subset), Many NASCAR games (no subset, but not a problem really), and as for the listed Forza is on their 9th title about to release a 10th, Asseto Corsa has a strong GTP following, PC also has a strong GTP following, Driveclub.....will likely end up in the 'Other' subset eventually, GTA5 goes into the GTA catch-all like the F1, NFS, and DiRT series do.

The problem isn't that it has a following, so does COD, Minesweeper, and Candy Crush, its that it doesn't hold an audience (yet) on THIS site. IF Crew 2 ends up being what we all hope I have no doubt a sub would be made, but as it stands there 14 threads made relating to the game, and three (not including this one) had more than 10 replies.

Just calm down and don't go overboard on trying to rope people in...trust me, I've done it.

Car list.
Real life track list.
Photomode.
Easter egg list.
City list.
Town list.

The Crew doesn't have that big of a following here on GTP, simple as that.

EDIT: Basically tree'd by @BKGlover.

Introducing The Crew rewards program

tc2_rewards_program_293143.png

By playing The Crew and completing specific challenges, (3 of which are available now, more to follow in the coming months) you can gain early access to 18 cars.

I like these loyalty schemes. I've only played The Crew once as it's in line behind TDU2 and FH3 in my open-world car games list (may move on from TDU2 though) but got an email saying I have a bonus car for the sequel already. Gives me an additional incentive to play it, particularly if the sequel shapes up well.

Man this game looks really fun. I don't understand why people talk crap about the physics of the crew. It's an arcade game. If you want to play a racing game that has good physics go play pcars, assetto Corsa or GT Sport. People praise midnight club but the physics on those games weren't the greatest either.

Man this game looks really fun. I don't understand why people talk crap about the physics of the crew. It's an arcade game. If you want to play a racing game that has good physics go play pcars, assetto Corsa or GT Sport. People praise midnight club but the physics on those games weren't the greatest either.

It's not so much the physics I've heard people bash it for, it's been more the glitches and inconsistencies...and the scale and representation of certain locations.

I've still not played it for the single biggest complaint levelled against this, NFS2015, and others...🤬 Always On-line.

Pennsylvania is literrally a coal mine and a groundhog, talk about representation, but i digress, the first one was great game, it wasn't an amazing game, mainly because I and many others expected more aspects from TDU (At least it looks like we might finally get 3). And the always online complaint is one I've never understood, grant it I have better than average internet, but at least in this game it's not something you really deal with other players in very often given how big the map is. The major thing this game has going for it is the massive amount of post launch support it has.

talk crap about the physics of the crew
In fact, its all about performance upgrade scaling. Lvl1-500 cars are pure ****, especially sportcars and supercars. This gameplay fault leads to massive ********* about "crapy physics". Also, the idea of balancing Agera R and Mini Cooper in one class is stupid.

Pennsylvania is literrally a coal mine and a groundhog, talk about representation, but i digress, the first one was great game, it wasn't an amazing game, mainly because I and many others expected more aspects from TDU (At least it looks like we might finally get 3). And the always online complaint is one I've never understood, grant it I have better than average internet, but at least in this game it's not something you really deal with other players in very often given how big the map is. The major thing this game has going for it is the massive amount of post launch support it has.
I have internet on par with a pidgeon.

Looking forward to this one. The first one wasn't great at release, but after several patches and a bunch of content updates it's a pretty solid game with many hours of entertainment. Then again we all know Ubisofts E3 trailers. :sly: So I hope I get selected for the closed/open beta when it hits, looking forward to giving it a go. 👍

Right, I believe I've made a few observations about the reward program so far, which includes the five of the vehicles we know are included so far. ...Or should that be six?
Incase you're wondering why I mentioned five-six cars as opposed to just three, while the reward program states there are 18 vehicles to gather from it, you still get the "iconic" 458 if you own the previous game, but as far as the program is concerned, this shall be known as Vehicle №0, so we'll be back at 18 vehicles, only five of which we know of.
At this point, I still haven't explained why there I randomly ended up adding an extra two vehicles, however, I shall provide a simple explanation, because the employees at Ubisoft really screwed up and accidentally revealed an extra two cars ahead of time, which are the Ferrari ItsaFerrari(/Maserati MC12??), and the 2017 ZL1 Camaro.
...The latter of which serving as the reason for me to add the "really" in the sentence
Now then, while I haven't found a picture that shows the ItsaFerrari/MC12, which is also why i can't say for certain if it's a Ferrari or a Maserati, first of all, you'd have to be blind to confuse a Gran Turismo for one, regardless of it being a Ferrari ItsaFerrari or the MC12, second of all, logically, they wouldn't add a picture of a car if they aren't planning to include it as part of the reward program, and third of all, we've got a screenshot of the ZL1, so let's discuss that instead.
And as we can see, it stands out quite a bit compared to the other cars we've seen, and not just with the fact that it's the only vehicle that doesn't make an appearance in The Crew 1, but also because it seems to "look different" compared to the Maserati GT and the Mustang GT, its picture is from a different angle, the shading doesn't seem to match up with the other two, and color inside the windows isn't white.
These inconsistencies, along with the ambiguous wording of being rewarded with "vehicles exclusive to The Crew 2" relating to the 16th-18th bonus vehicles, lead me to believe that the ZL1 is one of said bonus vehicles, and if we were to assume that later vehicles will be more powerful than the previous, the ZL1 would most likely be Vehicle №16.
Likewise, as the Ferrari ItsaFerrari/Maserati MC12 wouldn't be "exclusive to The Crew 2" due to it already being in the previous game, it's more likely to be one of the 15 "regular" vehicles, and probably one of the later ones.

Vehicle №0 - Ferrari 458 Speciale
Vehicle №1 - 2015 Ford Mustang - Customize every Visual part of a car.
Vehicle №2 - Ducati Diavel - Customize every Visual part of a car.
Vehicle №3 - Maserati Gran Turismo - Progress to level 50.
Vehicle №4 - Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 - Earn a story mission platinum medal in a street spec vehicle
Vehicle №5 - Indian Chief Dark Horse 2015 - Reestablish 5-10 control in The South and earn your V4
Vehicle №6 - 2015 KTM 450 EXC - Beat any Platinum Skill Ghost.
Vehicle №7 - Hummer H1 Alpha[Rally Raid] - Beat the cops in The Mountain States and earn your V6.
Vehicle №8 - Mercedes- AMG GT - Own a car with all its 5 Specs unlocked.
Vehicle №9 - Jeep Wrangler[Rally Raid] - Escape the Police at least once in each region.(The quirkier car that I didn't get to buy due to it being a CAU exclusive)
Vehicle №10 - Nissan Fairlady Z 432(PS30) - Test Drive the Most Expensive Car.
Vehicle №11 - Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 (..Monster Truck) - Build a Hidden Car from Wreck Parts.
Vehicle №12 - Mazda RX7(Drift) - Increase your Daily Salary to 10,000 Bucks.
Vehicle №13 - Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 2010 ...Touring Car - Conquer the West Coast, win the Face-off and take the V8.
Vehicle №14 - Ford Focus RS 2010 (Rallycross) - Have 500,000 Bucks in your Wallet.[/I][/I][/I]
Vehicle №15 - Lotus Evora GTE - Drive to all 5 regions in a Crew during one session (2-4 players). (As a loner, AAAAAAAAAAA)
Vehicle №16 - Proto Leopard Jetsprint - Unlock 5 rewards

Vehicle №17 - BMW M2 - Unlock 10 rewards
Vehicle №18 - Abarth 124 - Unlock 15 rewards

Names of vehicles from The Crew 1 are in italics, the ?-number reward vehicles aren't guaranteed to have their tasks correlated.
Also, while only 1/5th of the 15 actions is currently revealed, all three of them also happen to be achievements or trophies in Uplay, Xbox Live, and PSN.

EDIT: Turns out that a leak happened and the former two extra cars got invalidated, because apparently, at Ubisoft, you can confuse the cars and yet not have the cars you confused them for as a part of the reward program, despite this, the three bonus vehicles are infact new to The Crew 2, the 15 vehicles that are part of the objectives are infact TC1 vehicles, and the tasks required for them seem to line up with the achievements, as far as I recall, but I was only expecting the V8 to show up in terms of story-related achievements, though, looking at the actual images that were leaked, the 4th-15th bonus vehicles seem to be placeholders, so it's possible they may be different still, the 16th-18th seem to be guaranteed though
To be fair, I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that the MC12 doesn't seem to be a reward car, would have liked to get one for free.

EDIT 2: So the Camaro and the Dark Horse are indeed both part of the Reward Program, as it just got updated, just with atleast one difference for both vehicles, such as the Camaro being earlier than the leak stated and the Dark Horse having a different task, any potential future vehicles that aren't 1-5 or 16-18 are now marked with ?? for their number and a statement saying that the task may not correlate to the vehicle has been added. The 1st bonus vehicle isn't showcased on the Rewards Program though, despite the amount of unlockable vehicles allowing you to achieve it.

EDIT 3: The next batch of vehicles has been released, but while the vehicles in the normal rewards program match up, it seems the "bonus" vehicles aren't lining up with the leak. And again, the KTM has had a different task than what it was leaked to be. A peculiar detail is the fact that we're getting the Rally Raid version of the Hummer as opposed to a normal version, guess that can only disconfirm the concept of modifying your car to various specs like in TC1, but I also suppose that was to be expected already.

EDIT 4: Either the leak isn't to be relied on or Ubisoft screwed up again and accidentally put a different Mercedes when making the templates for the reward cars, which is possible considering the fact there used to be a Camaro in place of a Mustang and a LaFerrari/MC12 in the place of a GranTurismo. ...As well as the AMG GT itself being called the "Mercedes MAG GT" for the first few minutes or so, but either way the Jeep's task matched up perfectly.

EDIT 5: Everything seems to be spot-on with the prediction this time, in terms of the car you get from which reward, just that one of them is in a less-than-expected specification.

EDIT 6: I know the rewards were confirmed previously, apparently by accident on Ubisoft's part, surprise surprise, but i didn't edit anything at that point in time because it didn't reveal the cars you'd get from the tasks, anyway №14 is revealed now as a Focus RS from 2010.

EDIT 7: The 15th reward is now properly showing, compared to the early release where it didn't picture the car, but like the leak showcased it was indeed the Evora, 3rd bonus vehicle isn't revealed yet though.

EDIT 8: I'M FREE!

Last edited:
I have a feeling the 3 bonus cars that are "exclusive" to the crew 2 along with the ZL1 will be the 911 GT3 RS and the Audi TT possibly, since those are 2 of the cars that have been shown off in most of the videos. That is just speculation though.

Right, considering a plane in the trailer was identified as a P-51 Mustang, i'm now sold on the basis there is atleast one fighter plane in the game even though you wouldn't be able to use the fighter part
Now all that's left is a Mustang boat and we're set for a Mustang triangle.

In the meantime, i've also upgraded the Rewards Program post, as the full list apparently got leaked

Last edited:
I am getting back in to the original crew again and I have just joined the queue for the beta (Crew2) to see if I can check it out as it looks so much more detailed again looking at all those videos from E3 ^^^ :P

Last edited:
I have internet on par with a pidgeon.

YOU. LIVE. IN. THE. U. S. A. AND. HAVE. A. ******. INTERNET.

What other argument is even necessary against always-online? This obviously just KILLS a game in anything but a 1st world country. At least for full priced games. I don't know how Overwatch did it.

My internet is 2Mbit (downloads stuff at about 260kb/s. Unless it notices I'm in a good mood), but is sort of unreliable (it's by radiowave/satellite, light clouds slow it down, light rain nearby stops it completely), and the kicker: IT'S A GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION FOR MY COUNTRY. I only know one person who might have a faster internet: My RICH cousin, who lives in a nice house in a nice part of the town, and has a POOL.

YOU. LIVE. IN. THE. U. S. A. AND. HAVE. A. ******. INTERNET.

What other argument is even necessary against always-online? This obviously just KILLS a game in anything but a 1st world country. At least for full priced games. I don't know how Overwatch did it.

My internet is 2Mbit (downloads stuff at about 260kb/s. Unless it notices I'm in a good mood), but is sort of unreliable (it's by radiowave/satellite, light clouds slow it down, light rain nearby stops it completely), and the kicker: IT'S A GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION FOR MY COUNTRY. I only know one person who might have a faster internet: My RICH cousin, who lives in a nice house in a nice part of the town, and has a POOL.
Effectively what I have here, and my only option for something else is to move. I'm not moving just for internet, not all Americans get everything they want, so I don't know what I did to **** you off.

not all Americans get everything they want, so I don't know what I did to **** you off.
You didn't do whatever these "*"s meant. What you said is EXACTLY my point. Not even in the USA you can be guaranteed to have good internet. So what hope does any other country have? A game being always-online is a problem EVEN for US based costumers, and on other countries, it might very well completely kill the chances of the game selling well.

You didn't do whatever these "*"s meant. What you said is EXACTLY my point. Not even in the USA you can be guaranteed to have good internet. So what hope does any other country have? A game being always-online is a problem EVEN for US based costumers, and on other countries, it might very well completely kill the chances of the game selling well.
My apologies then because I read that completely wrong.

Your point is very valid, I've missed out on so many games I'd like to try because of the internet thing, en total like Crew or partially like MMOs where you just lose so much content.

In case people have missed it (as I see @CSMDuty11 has already updated the list), two new get-cars rewards program thingies are now available:
  • Get a Platinum medal in a Story Mission in a Street Spec car to get a '69 Camaro
  • Complete the South to get an Indian Chief Dark Horse
The list is holding up thus far, so I'd like to offer my services to everyone on PS4 looking to get the Evora.

Not going to lie, there's a good chance I'll be picking this up.

The first game's controls are... questionable. But I can't resist the basic concept of the game. It's what I love about GTA5, without all the pesky running and gunning.

I don't know how I feel about a Wild Run car being held back as a DLC incentive (the Abarth monster truck). That doesn't bode well. On the other hand, I like the rewards program that's been started for existing players. It's something Forza does too, and I'm surprised more franchises don't.

Plus, it comes out far enough into next year that maybe, maybe, I'll have time to actually play it. :lol:

..yep, I'm convinced. It's GTA but without the murder-y bits and all that entails (I'm looking at you, people who went to GTA because CoD went to 🤬 )

That's all I needed to know to say I'm more likely to throw money in Ubisofts face than in EAs face. Much more if there's a decent livery editor (even just a few simple presets and the ability to change colors on those) and hopefully some sort of CAU-esque content to satisfy that side of me as well, but those are just bonuses at this point.

Looks really good, I must say. I enjoyed The Crew, despite the rather unpolished wonky handling, so I'll probably end up going all-out with this game.

Gameplay... Guess when you're Ubisoft, "cinematic" is Hollywood CGI and any in-engine footage is "gameplay". Why did they dub the Camaro with the same Huracán rev 3 times? :lol:

Still looks largely as trash and poorly made in many ways as the first one and TDU2. If they keep the Zonda F around and improve on aspects that annoyed me in the first (physics and shifting, cameras) I'm interested, doesn't look like it so far though.

Back