The Crew 2 Open Beta Coming, More Details at E3 2018

I’ve tried the closed beta and I must say that I pretty like it so far! It is this arcade free roamer that PS4 users were missing (especially if you tried great FH3...).

So far the activities, even boats and planes, the car customisation, all looks good, but the handling could have been better though...

I look forward to trying The Crew 2. It has all I want in such a game but, after being caught out by the dreadful handling in the first title, I need to try first.

The massive world and amazing vehicle list are so appealing.

I played the closed beta and I liked it a LOT (got the game preordered after the beta). The handling takes a little getting used to (as is normal with new games) but it’s miles better than Need for Speed Payback or The Crew 1 (I didn’t like Crew 1 handling either). It’s more arcade’ish than Forza Horizon but still good enough for some great racing. I grinded a race in an Audi TT R.S. a bit, later swapped to a 2010 Ford Focus R.S. and you could clearly feel the diffence, the Focus being FF had a bit more trouble cornering and felt a bit heavier. Talking about the weight and feel of a car, I would say for a controller racing game on Xbox One The Crew 2 has hands down the best car “weight feeling” of any game I played with a controller. Surely you need to get airborn a bit to really feel it so I can’t really compare it to the sims of semi sims but it feels better than even FH in this aspect IMO.

Definitely try out the open beta. Don’t get turned off by the ugly characters to choose from, or by the hand-holding initial tutorial race. Once you start doing the real events the fun kicks in. And the different types of vehicles are so fun, I absolutely loved off-road (also a lot of jumps and feeling of car weight) but had a blast as well in the powerboats, airplanes, street bikes and a monster truck. Several vehicle classes I didn’t even try (touring cars, rallycross, motocross, air race, ...)

Also really fun, how trivial it might be for some, is having your own house in the game where you can display some vehicles.

IMO we need a separate Crew 2 forum. :)

I played the closed beta and I liked it a LOT (got the game preordered after the beta). The handling takes a little getting used to (as is normal with new games) but it’s miles better than Need for Speed Payback or The Crew 1 (I didn’t like Crew 1 handling either). It’s more arcade’ish than Forza Horizon but still good enough for some great racing. I grinded a race in an Audi TT R.S. a bit, later swapped to a 2010 Ford Focus R.S. and you could clearly feel the diffence, the Focus being FF had a bit more trouble cornering and felt a bit heavier. Talking about the weight and feel of a car, I would say for a controller racing game on Xbox One The Crew 2 has hands down the best car “weight feeling” of any game I played with a controller. Surely you need to get airborn a bit to really feel it so I can’t really compare it to the sims of semi sims but it feels better than even FH in this aspect IMO.

Definitely try out the open beta. Don’t get turned off by the ugly characters to choose from, or by the hand-holding initial tutorial race. Once you start doing the real events the fun kicks in. And the different types of vehicles are so fun, I absolutely loved off-road (also a lot of jumps and feeling of car weight) but had a blast as well in the powerboats, airplanes, street bikes and a monster truck. Several vehicle classes I didn’t even try (touring cars, rallycross, motocross, air race, ...)

Also really fun, how trivial it might be for some, is having your own house in the game where you can display some vehicles.

IMO we need a separate Crew 2 forum. :)
Sounds good and I've also heard similar opinions from others. Since my son loves playing FH3 on the Xbox, I was thinking about buying him this one too and an open beta seems the perfect way to know if he's interested or not.

Sounds good and I've also heard similar opinions from others. Since my son loves playing FH3 on the Xbox, I was thinking about buying him this one too and an open beta seems the perfect way to know if he's interested or not.
Also good about this one if you buy the standard edition (after he likes the open beta) is that all future DLC will be free for all versions of the game. The gold edition lost its appeal but the standard one gained big time. Every month there will be 2 free DLC cars and every 3 months there will be a free content update for things like new events, new disciplines, PVP etc. Gold edition just gets early free access to these, but they won’t be exclusive (apart from the 3 exclusive vehicles at launch).

I think the biggest complaint about gold or SP is that it's lack luster for 40$.

If there was more expansions that would be included but to where it wouldn't take away from the game itself then add them.

I enjoyed the little time in beta and might do some more depending on what is announced for it on E3

"Season Pass" needs to be renamed to "Time Savers Pack". :P

Thankfully, Amazon Prime allow pre-orders to be cancelled so I switched over to the regular edition. Given how easy it is to accumulate in-game currency (as long as payouts from the Beta stay the same), I don't think acquiring DLC cars should be difficult. Well, that's assuming Ubisoft doesn't take the GTA Online approach towards pricing new cars. :scared:

I'm one the fence with that 964. I'm almost ready to buy whatever version I need to get it. That's all dependent on it getting g920 and clutch pedal support

Can you have multiples of the same car. Like two r34s?

Looking forward to another go on the Open Beta, Back from Holiday on Tuesday night so It may be a nice surprise If the PSN Store Updates that same day with it, I also love the fact my own car (2011 BMW Z4 sDrive 35iS) is in the game. I get great kick out of being able to do Road trips in the game without actually draining the fuel in my actual car when It's raining! :D

For those who have been in closed beta.
You will have to delete and reinstall the beta again after it's been announced.
(As they said it will most likely be a newer build of the game)

Enjoy more 22GB worth of downloading game data.

So what's different with this open beta? Is it the same thing that we had in the closed beta pretty much?

I think they will open it up even further than what was in closed beta.
As in maybe we get to popular?

But I would assume that it's probably not going to change much if any.

Edit: Has of right now. Downloading the "Closed" beta application have it changed to "Open" beta application. As the PS Store updated it.

Last edited:
Maybe a perk of getting into the closed beta will be nor having to do a 26GB download of the open beta.
tmp_782-20180611_1248381623275459.jpg

I mean I guess. It's such a tease.

Some people on reddit are seeing how it's so close to release that it's for the people who didn't get to play during close beta and it will still be content locked to rookie.

I updated my Uplay launcher and this came up. They haven't showed it at E3 yet

Just announced on E3 as you posted.

And that was all.

:banghead:

Edit:
Content will be as featured.
Rookie and Popular, Content locked after that.

Whether you already played the Closed Beta or not, don’t worry, we got you covered and kept some surprises for all players!

During this Open Beta, you will have total freedom in terms of activities with the unlock of new fame level cap: “Popular”. Be prepared to discover the first few hours of the game with 8 unique disciplines:

• Street Race
  • Powerboat
  • Rally Raid
  • Aerobatics
And newly available for Open Beta:

• Touring Car
  • Drift
  • Motocross
  • Jetsprint

Hopefully more events in the Street Race category, so I don't have to farm the Vegas race over and over for another beta.

I think I'll spend more time cruising and flying than racing to earn things. Plenty of time for that later (and won't our progress be wiped?). This is a chance to get my steering settings set up, get a feel for the physics, start to explore this rebuilt map, and be ready to hit the ground running with the full release. :)

The heck is the point of having the download up so early? :grumpy:
Same reason companies offer preloads for final releases -- to spread out the server load.

I think I'll spend more time cruising and flying than racing to earn things. Plenty of time for that later (and won't our progress be wiped?).

Yes our progress will be wiped. To be honest, with open being like right there, I think they could just move it over.

I'm probably go end up doing the same in terms of not playing any of the career. Most likely will spend time in the livery some more and cruise around. That's something I didn't do as much in the closed beta was check out the sights and see what changed from the crew 1 map.

Also good about this one if you buy the standard edition (after he likes the open beta) is that all future DLC will be free for all versions of the game. The gold edition lost its appeal but the standard one gained big time. Every month there will be 2 free DLC cars and every 3 months there will be a free content update for things like new events, new disciplines, PVP etc. Gold edition just gets early free access to these, but they won’t be exclusive (apart from the 3 exclusive vehicles at launch).
I think we'll go for the standard edition and I might also get a copy for myself on the PS4 if it's actually as cool as it looks in the all the gameplay vids I've watched so far. I never had the chance to play a racing game with a massive map (huge bonus over the recently announced Horizon 4, in my opinion), so I can't wait to play the open beta.

Back