The Crew 2 Open Beta Coming, More Details at E3 2018

Quick review based around my real life car and one of the only reasons I want this game:

The livery editor is odd. It won’t let me paint the whole duckwing, and there’s also an invisible square around the emblems on the side.

14F0915B-9C5F-4DBC-B56C-935D0BD7CEE9.jpeg
9733C989-37D5-4C44-A98D-8BE71B492CD6.jpeg

Noticed there are no new visual parts for this car, same old from the first game. But you can now paint the bumpers, so that’s nice I guess..

Another negative thing, the sound was more realistic in the first game. It doesn’t sound like a proper inline-6 Z anymore.

I played a little longer than 5 minutes, the wheel settings will need a bit of a tinkering, I didn't like using my wheel at all. I tried messing with the settings a bit but I ended up just using the controller anyway. The land vehicles feel the same as in the first game. But I did enjoy doing all the stuff to do, and there was alot more than i expected. I'd still recommend Project Cars 2 though

Played for less than 5 mins hated it deleted it
you downloaded a 23gb game to play 4 minutes then delete?... what?????????????

Oh well, im enjoying cruising the country side on my harley

Is anyone else finding the car prices to be a little expensive?
I wanted to buy a Focus RS, but it's like 230,000?

Compared that you get 15k per event?
It's not that hard to make the money in game unlike the first.

So it kinda balances out.

Edit:
I do wonder how trophies are going to go.
As even the Photo spots need other players,
I was hoping that it will be a quick this and that and just get to icon level something.

I'd still recommend Project Cars 2 though

Project Cars 2 doesn't have full on free roam.
Project Cars 2 doesn't have boats.
Project Cars 2 doesn't have planes.
Project Cars 2 doesn't have 9990 rankup levels.

Do I need to continue?

Also comparing a Sim to an Arcade is like totally not cool.
FH4 to TC2 then that's debatable.

While the game looks very promising from
Both Beta’s they really need to sort out their servers. Tried doing co-op Racing yesterday and got disconnected 4 times (and we never have these issues on any other game). Doesn’t matter how good the game actually is, they can’t be releasing an online centred game with servers this bad.

Quick review based around my real life car and one of the only reasons I want this game:

The livery editor is odd. It won’t let me paint the whole duckwing, and there’s also an invisible square around the emblems on the side.

View attachment 745626 View attachment 745627

Noticed there are no new visual parts for this car, same old from the first game. But you can now paint the bumpers, so that’s nice I guess..

Another negative thing, the sound was more realistic in the first game. It doesn’t sound like a proper inline-6 Z anymore.

The livery editor does feel a little (I guess you can say) clunky. It doesn't let you scale decals or whatever across the entire car kinda like what you said. I notice this when I was part of the closed beta. It doesn't ruin the livery editor but it makes you have to work harder because then you have to find ways to fill in those area's that wasn't fully painted. I hope this can be patched sometime down the road.

Hey, that's my old zip code!

Do the icon levels really continue that far? I'm guessing the whole planet will be your social media followers :).

Yes it does go up that far.
So it should be interesting to see if they implement icon colors too.

I tested it yesterday,
I like how it drives, arcade but you still need precision to avoid loosing sped by drifting.
The map is huge and has very nice roads outside of cities.

I have only tested street racing, but the circuits are very frustrating. placing items that stop the car to a complete halt in the racing line or just on the outside of a corner is infuriating. The smallest error and you are overtaken by 4 cars and loose 6 sec easy.
ex: the tree in the first corner of the first race
ex2: the wall just after the corner while exiting the riverbed
ex3: In one of the first three races the sharp left after the bridge stops you against a wall in the exterior of the curve.
placing deflective barriers at those points to lessen the time lost would be really cool :)

Also We need the blue highlight in the minimap to go further than only the next waypoint. Two waypoints would be OK. In ex 3 you're flatout when crossing the bridge and are not informed of the sharp left coming :(

Free roam is really cool, and boats appear OK (I'll try longer in the future).

My main fear is that the races are less satisfying than free roam...

I guess preload begins tomorrow.
So I have feeling that once it starts I won't be doing anything until it finishes.

I ended up giving the Open Beta a go, and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. While the game itself is pretty fun, and the physics have been fine tuned to be a much more enjoyable experience, the constant disconnects from my friend started to eat away at me.

I'm hoping that it's just an issue with the beta and not the final version of the game, because for me this is what killed the first Crew game. You can't have it as an advertising point if you don't know how to get it to work properly. And I know for a fact that it's not my connection, nor was it his.

Good progress on my part. Just finished all the Rookie events and now starting the Drift events. Sticking to the theme, I now have a Street Race '16 Focus RS and a Drift '09 Focus RS :)

Is it really a visual downgrade in some areas (buildings, small landscape details and some other things) compared to The Crew Wild Run, as I've seen some claim and a YouTube video or two attempt to show?
Playing the beta it certainly looks better than I remember from the original + graphics update, but maybe lighting, shadows etc. have been improved while some other things have taken a hit?

I'm currently reinstalling the first game on my PS4, out of curiosity about both visuals and handling.

Graphics and scenery definitely changed from the first game, but it almost looks and feels like Wild Run.

What is the point of this beta you cannot transfer your progress to the full game:tdown:

Uhh.. all the things any regular beta would be for while - as a side effect - giving people the chance to try the game before they decide on whether or not they want to buy it?

You do realise you don't *have* to put a billion hours into it?

Uhh.. all the things any regular beta would be for while - as a side effect - giving people the chance to try the game before they decide on whether or not they want to buy it?

You do realise you don't *have* to put a billion hours into it?

Yeah guess so still looking forward to the full game.

Just use your imagination. Grab a monster truck and do some parking lot. Or do some crazy stuns with the motocross bike, There's literaly thousant of jumps around, some really crazy too. Or just cruse the dunes with the buggy. A relaxing boat trip trough the canyon during the night maybe? I don't know.. I can think of days or weeks of gameplay without even progress trough the story. Ok, just do the intro for every discipline so you can grab some free stuff.

I thought it was pretty cool, more or less exactly what you'd expect. The physics are good arcade, enjoyable and skillful, but obviously not realistic. The multiple vehicles are pretty choice, and overall it looks decent. Not great, but the sheer amount of content...

I drove from Miami to Seattle in my MX5. Took like 45 minutes, from sunset to sunrise. 145 in game kilometers. I set the waypoint just to see the distance, but once I started cruising with the radio on it was pleasantly chill.

Back