The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,480 comments
I love Oahu. Imo is a much better map than anything NFS and even Horizon have delivered so far. Wouldn't mind another island. Even if you couldn't travel freely between them.
But I would still miss the US map. Even after playing previous titles for many hours. The US map is just... perfect for me.
Perfect like the S2000 🥰
8528d41f-35f0-46a5-8de3-7ddd3455c52f.PNG

19d21311-3a6b-49ee-b227-a05b10b46f1e.PNG

Wow there's is a temporary 50% boost for Vintage Garage playlist. But is Kiss me Kombi now as good as Scene 4: the Ascent for grinding money, xp and parts?
Spoiler alert: it actually is.

Kiss me Kombi
d4736cd5-2a95-4057-a6cc-f22cbf7bcbb9_Thumbnail.PNG
6298d3f9-23fc-421d-95eb-ed5b87a1dc68_Thumbnail.PNG

Scene 4
e650ee5b-ee7c-4c6f-93db-ffa742b31c68_Thumbnail.PNG
329260b9-f26c-4e66-91a8-820078b8a129_Thumbnail.PNG

Last edited:
A feature that has been overlooked for quite a long time now is the PS4-PS5 sixaxis steering setting. This setting is the more budget option for a steering wheel that most gamers are already in possession of, being that you have a controller. My one true wish is that racing game developers would consider adding this feature as another option of steering the vehicle in game. This feature has greatly improved my lap times in Gran Turismo Sport, far better than the use of the analog stick. This feature could really make a big impact to the overall enjoyability of the game too. Please developers, look out for us unpreviliged racers too. We really do support your amazing content, but plz do give us the freedom to race in our most favored settings.

Last edited:
I recently purchased the game and I'm wondering if there are any sort of list of past or upcoming vanity items. Mainly any green underglow, smoke or nitro effects. Or police lightbar and such.

Also got a question about the Blackpanthaa event. I did all 9 events that were on the playlist and already got the nitro vanity, but do I get the car aswell from just by completing those events, or do I need to acquire certain amount of xp or points to get the car?

Last edited:
You need to make sure you stay in the Platinum rank in Summits (Top 10k players) to get the car/vanity. You have until Tuesday night.

Last edited:
You need to make sure you stay in the Platinum rank in Summits (Top 10k players) to get the car/vanity. You have until Tuesday night.
Ok, so I need to constantly keep track of my rank. How about those past/future vanities, any kind of list in existence, or is it a mystery?

Ok, so I need to constantly keep track of my rank. How about those past/future vanities, any kind of list in existence, or is it a mystery?
There's a lot, most of them I already ported from TC2. I don't have a list of what was previously available.

Phew, managed to get back in the platinum, hopefully I can stay there until wednesday. Not much more I can do with my current inventory of cars and parts.

I really wonder how many players actually bother to stay in platinum?
When it was known that platinum was going to be top 10K over all plattforms, I was expecting for me to be struggling all the time. Yet I never had a problem finishing platinum (usually placing somewhere around 1500 - 3000). And I'm just an old dude, probably above average. I won a few grand races but I surely can't keep up with the faster drivers.

Has the player base decreased so much or is it just that most of us don't even care about platinum?
Do we have numbers for how many players usually participate in a Summit?

There's a lot, most of them I already ported from TC2. I don't have a list of what was previously available.
Any chance you could post a picture of few of the possibly(?) available lightbars? I saw a list somewhere that mentioned at least a safety car lightbar, european beacon and a police lightbar. I didn't own Crew 2, so I'm starting my collection from scratch.
I really wonder how many players actually bother to stay in platinum?
When it was known that platinum was going to be top 10K over all plattforms, I was expecting for me to be struggling all the time. Yet I never had a problem finishing platinum (usually placing somewhere around 1500 - 3000). And I'm just an old dude, probably above average. I won a few grand races but I surely can't keep up with the faster drivers.

Has the player base decreased so much or is it just that most of us don't even care about platinum?
Do we have numbers for how many players usually participate in a Summit?
I know that those that have more hours in the game are better equipped, but seeing as you are in that bracket, I wouldn't call you average at all. I'm barely hanging in the bottom of the 6000's last I checked, might have even dropped to 7000's.
Depends on rewards. 80to120k. Not really changed a lot since release.

You aren't average at all.
If that is the average number of participants, I'm happy that I've made to the top 10k.
Hopefully I can stay there and claim the car eventually.

By the way, can we paint or otherwise customise the price cars? The Skyline is nice otherwise but the paint needs changing, if it's possible.

Last edited:
Depends on rewards. 80to120k. Not really changed a lot since release.

You aren't average at all.
I know that those that have more hours in the game are better equipped, but seeing as you are in that bracket, I wouldn't call you average at all. I'm barely hanging in the bottom of the 6000's last I checked, might have even dropped to 7000's.
Well, I did say that I would consider myself above average. But that's just it, really.
And with 'above average' I would have expected to be fighting at the edge between gold and platinum, often struggling to get into platinum.
Yes, I have the nessecary sets for the summit (nitro and score breaker). But I would think that the majority do have both sets by now (actually for month). I was grinding in the first few weeks because I feared the competition to get into platinum.

Do we know about the player count between TC2 and TCM? I somehow got the feeling that TC2 had or still has more players compared to TCM.

Last edited:
Well, I did say that I would consider myself above average. But that's just it, really.
And with 'above average' I would have expected to be fighting at the edge between gold and platinum, often struggling to get into platinum.
Yes, I have the nessecary sets for the summit (nitro and score breaker). But I would think that the majority do have both sets by now (actually for month). I was grinding in the first few weeks because I feared the competition to get into platinum.

Do we know about the player count between TC2 and TCM? I somehow got the feeling that TC2 had or still has more players compared to TCM.
I'm about avg i guess and also finding it easy this game i just put it down to using a wheel🎮

I really don't want to talk about games begin shut down, but I am really worried about the future of this franchise.
Do you guys believe we will see another game at all? Why am I so concerned?

Well was looking trough Steam charts and it looks worse than I expected. There are less than 800 playing Motorfest daily. In comparison Unbound has 1500 daily players. It's still low but Motorfest just launched on Steam... it should be higher. When compared to Horizon 5 and it's 25000 daily players both the Crew and NFS looks like Indie games... not certainly AAA games.

Am I worried for nothing? Is this just a trend of arcades being less popular now days? Or can this boycott kill the Crew for good?

I really don't want to talk about games begin shut down, but I am really worried about the future of this franchise.

Well was looking trough Steam charts and it looks worse than I expected. There are less than 800 playing Motorfest daily. In comparison Unbound has 1500 daily players. It's still low but Motorfest just launched on Steam... it should be higher. When compared to Horizon 5 and it's 25000 daily players both the Crew and NFS looks like Indie games... not certainly AAA games.

Am I worried for nothing? Is this just a trend of arcades being less popular now days? Or can this boycott kill the Crew for good?
There are probably more console player's than pc and they do make some money from dlc but you are right once the server dies it's game over some old pc games get a new life with fan servers. I should have thought of that before buying the disk version as it will be useless whenever they decide to close it :grumpy: even more annoying my blu ray in the ps5 died and i had to replace it to play just this game "SIGH"

I wonder if this game will also get a Motorist pass or something like Crew 2 did... I mean, not that I usually get happy about these things but it always added some spice to the game and the old ones were easy to complete.

This is why it would be great if there was something like Steam Charts for Xbox and PlayStation
Because just looking at steam numbers doesn’t really mean anything when we’re talking cross-platform games (FM8’s steam numbers look pretty dire, but those numbers don’t include Game Pass subscribers and players who purchased the game on the Windows/Xbox store)

This is why it would be great if there was something like Steam Charts for Xbox and PlayStation
Because just looking at steam numbers doesn’t really mean anything when we’re talking cross-platform games (FM8’s steam numbers look pretty dire, but those numbers don’t include Game Pass subscribers and players who purchased the game on the Windows/Xbox store)
I get it but the Steam version came out just a week ago. And right after the closing of servers for the first game. In comparison the second game had ten times the numbers of players during the first week on Steam.

No free Skyline for me then. Got dropped out of platinum and not enough skill or parts to get back in.

Maybe next time they offer a car for getting gold, like apparently on previous summits.

No free Skyline for me then. Got dropped out of platinum and not enough skill or parts to get back in.

Maybe next time they offer a car for getting gold, like apparently on previous summits.
I would not lose sleep over it, other than paint colour there is no difference to existing r34. Grinding for hours to find a part set will sour the game in no time, as will all the faffing managing the excess / swapping between vehicles.

I would not lose sleep over it, other than paint colour there is no difference to existing r34. Grinding for hours to find a part set will sour the game in no time, as will all the faffing managing the excess / swapping between vehicles.

I think the Skyline has a unique bumpers and skirts, since none of the available rearbumpers have double backup lights.

They either have one backup and one rear fog, or none at all. Same with the front bumper and skirts, not available normally, at least for me.

True about the part sets and swapping/upgrading them.

Just gonna wait for a free car as a gold reward. And green vanity items in the shop.

I think the Skyline has a unique bumpers and skirts, since none of the available rearbumpers have double backup lights.

They either have one backup and one rear fog, or none at all. Same with the front bumper and skirts, not available normally, at least for me.

True about the part sets and swapping/upgrading them.

Just gonna wait for a free car as a gold reward. And green vanity items in the shop.
You might be able to grab some of the vanity items from the crew 2 ( best £7 I ever spent lol ). The summits are a tease, I dont think Ive ever had a prize car from them, shame as I see the photography potential in some of the vehicle editions. I do think there is a wisdom in not grinding for these items, (sadly I cant even bring myself to boot up gran turismo after hours of grinding) its really egregious they want us to squander our precious time for such trivial rewards.

sBWbX4r.jpg

7fH33kb.jpg

uZjhL3H.jpg

tjGHeou.jpg

Socg0W6.jpg

LcMyExV.jpg

3niiSMr.jpg

Y2sN874.jpg

gEz2vWG.jpg

zqbNF0h.jpg

Last edited:

The summit is supposed to be end game content and is the only reason anyone even grinds for the legendary sets. The people that go for it really want the cars. This summit will probably have more players due to Blackpanthaa, even though he barely ever plays or makes content for this game on his channel.

Back