The Crew Motorfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 1,463 comments

QUALITY OF LIFE​

• Added Multi-scrapping to allow the scrapping of several perf parts at once.
  • Added new sorting options & vertical navigation in the Vehicle Collection menu.
  • Steering behaviour can now be adjusted with new sliders in the Controls - Steering section. Alternatively, players can choose to use "Direct Mode" (aka Wheel Mode) regardless of controller type.
  • Added new Map filters (Main Stage) and improved existing ones' functionality.
(Full article on Quality of Life Updates here)

STABILITY​

• Improved consistency when forming a crew and inviting crew members to an activity
  • [PC] Fixed occurrences where taking a picture could cause a crash and GPU error.

PROGRESSION​

• Added new Legacy Mainstage to the activities tab where players can revisit previous months' Main Stage content and earn corresponding rewards. New Legacy Mainstage content will be added every 2nd week of the month.
  • Reworked the Feats reward system: to reduce the grindyness of the Feats system, we've limited the rewards to be earned once every 30 minutes, but we also added a significant boost to the rewards each time they are earned.
  • Improved several challenges completion conditions and balancing.
  • Added new tutorial tips

VEHICLES​

• Removed rooftop vanity options for Proto Flashback to avoid display issues.
  • Vanities are not automatically equipped on your current vehicle anymore upon purchase.
  • Improved Chevrolet 3100 Big Block Edition camera settings.
  • Improved camera angle on the cockpit view of the Hoonigan Audi S1 Hoonitron - Drift.
  • Adjusted Ford Hoonicorn Mustang reverse speed so it's consistent with the rest of the line-up.
  • Adjusted Proto Flashback reverse speed so it's consistent with the rest of the line-up.
  • Fixed Corvette C8 widebody track width which were wrongly set.
  • Fixed Zonda F Primary Edition track width which were wrongly set.
  • Adjusted Lamborghini Reventon off-road behavior so it's consistent with the rest of the category.
  • Fixed: Nitro was wrongfully refilled to full after a crash cam.
  • Improved the rear suspension movement on Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392.
  • Fixed occurrences where Tier 2 Perf Parts could be equipped to Tier 1 Street Cars.
  • Fixed Ferrari SF90 Stradale and Porsche 918 Spyder Hypercars AWD info.
  • Nissan GT-R 2015 now displays accurate BHP.
  • Mirrors of VW Golf GTI do not clip with car door anymore.
  • Lamborghini Egoista left and right rim now have the same color.
  • Fixed occurrences where Window Tints could be equipped on vehicles without windshield.
  • Window tints applied on Ferrari SF90 do not appliy to front lights anymore.
  • Fixed the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR Drift edition nitro effect.
  • Fixed the Nissan R390 GT1 nitro effect.
  • Fixed the Porsche 356 speedometer needle visibility in dark areas.
  • Honda S2000 interface tachometer is now synced with the interior one.
  • Volkswagen Touareg NE 2011 now displays the correct weight.
  • Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupé Black Series wheels are no longer missing from the thumbnail preview.
  • Fixed a bug where previous The Crew 2 vehicles available for Collection Import were not imported correctly at The Crew Motorfest Season 2 launch.

SUMMIT CONTEST​

• Fixed occurrences where other players' names were not correctly displayed in Summit leaderboard.
  • Fixed occurrences where players could bypass a Summit Contest event vehicle constraint and use another one.
  • Summit Contest Rewards have been increased for Season 3:
    • Bucks received are increased
      • from 50k to 150k for Silver rank on Regular Summit Contests
      • from 100K to 200k for Silver rank on Premium Summit Contests
      • from 25k to 50k upon completing 6 Summit Events
    • Parts received are increased
      • from 1 random Legandary Part to 3 for Silver rank
      • from 1 random Legandary Part to 3 upon completing 6 Summit Events
      • from 2 random Legandary Part to 5 upon completing 9 Summit Events
    • XP received is increased from 50k to 100k for Bronze rank

GRAND RACE & DEMOLITION ROYALE​

• Added 10 new Grand Race sections & 1 new Grand Race starting Hub.
  • Fixed many occurrences of missing racing lines & clipping assets in Grand Race events.
  • The player's currencies now appear during the Grand Race & Demolition Royale reward flow.

LIVERY EDITOR​

• Fixed a bug where only the first Local Livery would apply when the player selects any Livery from the Local livery page
  • Fixed a bug where the player is unable to navigate past the first group of saved custom liveries in-game

CAR MEET​

• The showcased vehicle in the car meet now redirects to the Main Stage Bundle when selected.
  • Livery does not get mistakenly applied on vehicle anymore while registering to the custom show.

AUDIO​

• Added 3D Audio support on PS5.
  • Other players Fast Fav sound can't be heard anymore when navigating in the menus.
  • Traffic vehicles horns can now be heard as intended.
  • Added & improved audio feedback on several interface inputs.
  • Fixed the Motorfest Legend Hall of Fame cinematic missing voice over.
  • Several audio fixes related to radios and vehicles.
  • Added the following songs:

LIVERY EDITOR​

• Fixed a bug where only the first Local Livery would apply when the player selects any Livery from the Local livery page
  • Fixed a bug where the player is unable to navigate past the first group of saved custom liveries in-game
However, please note that the "local livery deletion always deletes the first one on the page" bug still exists.

I lost the logo I had completed with this. 😥

Adding more grand race routes is nice, but they really need to filter more categories than just like hypercar or ST2 they’ve done since launch. People just use the same meta cars and they could be doing German racing or JDM or something to add more variety. They already do it in the summits.

Last edited:
TC2 to me is all about a good roadtrip with other players with the track editor. I'm positively surprised by how IVT implemented boat and plane racing for the track creator in MAD: Part 2

...Only thing that "kinda" makes me "MAD" is TC2 is going on life support. Here's hoping they don't scrap the game too soon.
Yeah, i'm actually spending more time in TC2 after this was implemented, due to the additions of Planes and boat community generated races. I have noticed that the CR and loot that you get has increased significantly which is allowing me to get the legendary parts i am missing from boats and planes, as i did not want to grind these before.

Legacy Mainstages sound interesting!

Looking forward to see what they mean by ''New Content will be added every second week'', as in, I wonder if the Featured Legacy Mainstages be permanent or swapped.

Last edited:
I tried the new direct mode option in controls but don’t know if I’ll bother learning it.

It turns off all controller filters and makes steering way more sensitive and super twitchy. It’s faster for competitive modes so might make the summit harder.

Last edited:
I tried the new direct mode option in controls but don’t know if I’ll bother learning it.

It turns off all controller filters and makes steering way more sensitive and super twitchy. It’s faster for competitive modes so might make the summit harder.
I think it felt better on a bike or in a plane but i use a wheel so i haven't tried car's yet.

My ps5 started having disk read issues just MF at first now gt7 and pc3 i did a cache clear and rebuilt the HD but it's still the same "sigh" after loads of trying it loaded and i went to the garage & i can report the loading of the cars still sucks. If you d/l a paint job it's even worse they took forever i'm glad i didn't install many livery's after they stopped you entering them in the custom show :(

Before it get patched use this new event for money, parts or xp. It's insanely efficient and probably even better than Peacock. Although you can't use Drag cars.

Main Stage Legacy is coming on March 20th.

I gotta try that new grind out, I still mostly grind on TC2 and import the cars to Motorfest. I get 30k something around every 40 seconds in a takedown event.

Last edited:
I used a Bucks Magnet set with maxed Rich and Clean Driver affixes and get 43k credits per run on the love story event in under a minute.

That’s pretty good.

Last edited:
Does doing main stage vs. AI have an ending point or does it just recycle through events procedurally? Curious if I were to do a long gaming session if it would go back to the first event.

Screenshot_20240319_155124_Discord.jpg

Well, it was fun while it lasted... for like a week 😆

Personally, I think that Ivory Tower's gonna reduce the Love Story's rewards to a "Kiss Me Kombi" level (about 9k xp and 18k credits iirc), although I was able to max Alpha GP, Racing, Rally Raid, Rallycross and Motocross when it lasted.

IT: We at the Ivory Tower are constantly working on making the best experience for all the players. That is the purpose of today maintenance too!
Players: Cool! You gonna improve stability due to the latest frequent crashing?
IT: Ehm... no.
Players: Are you bringing more PvP options?
IT: Silly you. Of course not..
Players: Then what's the reason?
IT: We are going to temporarily reduce the rewards for the Love story. We don't want you to grind the same events over and over.
Players:.... Back to grind Kiss me Kombi I guess.
New Rewards:
XP - 5,280
Bucks - 9,000

How outrageous!

Last edited:
View attachment 1338561
Well, it was fun while it lasted... for like a week 😆
I'm not interested in XP or bucks, so I'm not dissatisfied with the nerf itself.
But I'm frankly appalled at how quickly they acted on these nerfs while leaving most of the bugs in the livery editor untouched.
Yes, I understand the difference in difficulty between fixing bugs and simply nerfing rewards, but...

It’s pretty sad the best way to get parts is treasure boxes as they keep killing anything else. People want to grind for parts and money, just make a huge race or something.

But they gotta keep the grind going otherwise all they have is two PvP modes and the summit. They take 3 months to add a playlist and you do it in an hour.

Last edited:
It’s pretty sad the best way to get parts is treasure boxes as they keep killing anything else. People want to grind for parts and money, just make a huge race or something.

But they gotta keep the grind going otherwise all they have is two PvP modes and the summit. They take 3 months to add a playlist and you do it in an hour.
If the loot drop rewards get nerfed, invest in legendary sets that have the 2x loot drop affix and legend points on both Loot Drop and Loot Quality.

Keep legendary parts for more bucks and xp affixed, all at XP and bucks at maximum in order to alternate farm.

IT: We at the Ivory Tower are constantly working on making the best experience for all the players. That is the purpose of today maintenance too!
Players: Cool! You gonna improve stability due to the latest frequent crashing?
IT: Ehm... no.
Players: Are you bringing more PvP options?
IT: Silly you. Of course not..
Players: Then what's the reason?
IT: We are going to temporarily reduce the rewards for the Love story. We don't want you to grind the same events over and over.
Players:.... Back to grind Kiss me Kombi I guess.

Did Ubisoft somehow mess up the AI for Powerboat races with the last update? I literally cannot win even against level 1 AI

Back