The Distracting Background Cars in Media Thread

From the first Fast and the Furious

Screenshot_20170706-150316.png

That white car in the background looks quite like a 2nd gen MX6 (probably not a V6, though). Never really noticed until watching it over with a friend who'd never seen it. And I think that would make it the only MX6 in the movie. Don't recall seeing any used as modifieds.

Mission Impossible 4

During some scene in some automated car park in Vancou...I mean Mumbai, I spotted rather interesting and maybe some odd choices of cars.

CGI Nissan 350z
20170726_162626.jpg

I had to rewatch that scene through youtube:
Nissan Figaro and S Cargo in "Mumbai"
Screenshot_2017-07-26-16-33-43.png

At first I thought it was a Toyota MR2 but it turns out to be Toyota Sera.
Screenshot_2017-07-26-16-35-39.png

Is that a Rolls Royce? :drool:
Screenshot_2017-07-26-16-34-35.png

Any idea of that Blue car above Hendricks?
Screenshot_2017-07-26-16-37-15.png

And Nissan Figaro once again
Screenshot_2017-07-26-16-39-41.png

Mission Impossible 4

During some scene in some automated car park in Vancou...I mean Mumbai, I spotted rather interesting and maybe some odd choices of cars.

CGI Nissan 350z
View attachment 663065

View attachment 663066

At first I thought it was a Toyota MR2 but it turns out to be Toyota Sera.
View attachment 663067

Is that a Rolls Royce? :drool:
View attachment 663068

Any idea of that Blue car above Hendricks?
View attachment 663069

And Nissan Figaro once again
View attachment 663070

Nice job 👍. When I watched MI4 I'm mostly distracted by the featured car though, which is the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics (the i8 concept prototype) Can't take my eyes off from it :lol: :

P90086874-paula-patton-and-tom-cruise-with-the-bmw-vision-efficientdynamics-in-the-movie-mission-impossible-gh-2254px.jpg

Also, some cars you mentioned above as I know is not available or usually seen in country like India, especially those tiny JDM kei-cars. Idk why they put those car there, but for me it feels a bit jarring after knowing that from these screenshots.

Nice job 👍. When I watched MI4 I'm mostly distracted by the featured car though, which is the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics (the i8 concept prototype) Can't take my eyes off from it :lol: :

P90086874-paula-patton-and-tom-cruise-with-the-bmw-vision-efficientdynamics-in-the-movie-mission-impossible-gh-2254px.jpg

Also, some cars you mentioned above as I know is not available or usually seen in country like India, especially those tiny JDM kei-cars. Idk why they put those car there, but for me it feels a bit jarring after knowing that from these screenshots.
That's why i always prefer people filming at actual locations rather than filming it at totally different location. I'm not talking about the Green/Blue Screen but outside filming locations. For example, as a person who went to Dubai in 2011 and live around the same area, the traffic cars during the chase scene in Dubai were surprisingly accurate. While there's the usual Exotics, there were also everyday Japanese and American cars too.

But yeah, i really got distracted by those JDM cars more than any other car in the movie.

Gold BBS on an IROC-Z. Choice 👍
images

I hated those chrome trims fitted to European cars, back in the day. :yuck:

I'm guessing that wasn't Parrish Smith's car which broke down on FDR Drive while en route to 1974 Broadway.

please listen to my demo

That's why i always prefer people filming at actual locations rather than filming it at totally different location. I'm not talking about the Green/Blue Screen but outside filming locations. For example, as a person who went to Dubai in 2011 and live around the same area, the traffic cars during the chase scene in Dubai were surprisingly accurate. While there's the usual Exotics, there were also everyday Japanese and American cars too.

But yeah, i really got distracted by those JDM cars more than any other car in the movie.

Alright, I also agree with that. I guess some of these Mumbai scenes were filmed in Japan instead of the actual country? That would make sense cause the automatic storage parking isn't available in India as far as I know.

Btw, I think you missed a bit some cars that wasn't mentioned there after I looked this particular image a bit closer :

screenshot_2017-07-26-16-33-43-png.663066

I noticed the blue and white van is quite interesting, so I search for it and turns out it is another JDM cars, Suzuki Every Sambar :

Screenshot_2017-07-26-16-33-43_1.jpg

Full image of the car :

29220046854_23268be021_b.jpg

And the white van behind S-Cargo is Subaru Sambar van :

Screenshot_2017-07-26-16-33-43_2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Alright, I also agree with that. I guess some of these Mumbai scenes were filmed in Japan instead of the actual country? That would make sense cause the automatic storage parking isn't available in India as far as I know.

Hong Kong, judging by the plate on the Rolls.

I started watching Lethal Weapon 2 and nearly spit out the drink I wasn't drinking, when I saw this in the opening scene. :drool: ...and then, the end of the scene :(...
i001897-700x299.jpg
It crashed? Why??????

Mission Impossible 4

View attachment 663066

The yellow diamond road sign with a checkered pattern on the boarder is a rather Canadian-looking sign...

Example:
202974762_32824072a1.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time a film crew brought their own "regional" signage to mock up a location.

i001644.jpg

Was watching Lara Croft today. i think its a Lotus 342R? The #18 looks like an Atom.

Image isn't showing up. If you're using IMCDB, they don't seem to allow people to share images from their site.

I forgot about the Lotus cars in the movie. Interesting find!

Joel from Vinesauce, the person who's responsible for all the internet memes we got over the years thanks to his live streams on Bootlegs, Windows destruction, game corruption, awful games and more.

Somehow he ended up in Fuji Speedway with a field of "GT/Forza player's wet dream" for a brief moment.
upload_2017-9-3_4-56-52.png

A car I've wanted from when this movie came out: The Principal
images

IIRC that's from the movie "Falling Down", not the movie you mentioned. Then again, this specific '67 Impala has been used in movies quite a lot it seems.

Back