The Distracting Background Cars in Media Thread

Didn't expect to see a Capri at the start of this scene:

Also there are insurance ads in the UK starring Harvey Keitel as Winston Wolf, at the end he speeds away in what I assume is meant to be an exotic sports car, but it's "only" a GT86.

Double post but:

upload_2016-11-10_20-58-6.png

Someone just pointed it out in another forum.

tumblr_oc74qjhjR61uxld6so2_1280.jpg

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this! In the video for Frank Ocean's 'Nikes', he sits among some of the more modern pieces of the famous ROFGO Gulf livery collection.

The man is reportedly quite the petrolhead, and when I was shown the video by a friend who loves him, I barely noticed the music thanks to the beautiful machines.

You know Mac And Me, the shameless E.T. knockoff that Paul Rudd often made fun of in Conan and considered to be one of the worst films of all time? I decided to watch it out of curiosity the other day, and while the movie was undoubtedly awful, I couldn't help but notice some interesting background cars shown throughout the film.

Datsun 510
510.jpg

MG B MkIII
mg.jpg

Mitsubishi Mighty Max
mighty max.jpg

And perhaps best yet, both the A60 and A70 Supra.
supra a60.jpg

supra a70.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I went to bed after posting those images and I don't really know how to fix the images.

You can try saving those pictures in your PC, if they're not already saved that is, otherwise I can only think of finding working links to the pics (either from others or yourself through places like Flickr)...

And I can confirm that they show up now without having to quote the post. Well done. 👍

Also, it's interesting to see two different generations of the Supra in one movie, not even Fast & Furious did that much. Guess that goes to show you just how popular the Supra was in North America...

And I can confirm that they show up now without having to quote the post. Well done. 👍

Also, it's interesting to see two different generations of the Supra in one movie, not even Fast & Furious did that much. Guess that goes to show you just how popular the Supra was in North America...

Actually, there is a MK2 Supra in the first movie if you look close enough. :P

Visual proof? That notwithstanding, it seems I stand corrected on that, then... That'll teach me to not speak ahead of time, haha. :lol:

I'll try and find a photo later on, in the scene in the beginning where the police show up and they all scatter I remember a white MK2 being in the mix. I think it shows up later in the background but I could be mistaken.

R32 Skyline (non GT-R) in a "Bad Drivers of South Carolina" video.

At the 6:19 mark.

In the first season of "better call Saul" there is a blue by you evo 8 which I found interesting lol

Driven by Chuck's assistant, Ernie. Love how they added the sound of it as he drove off on one episode.

I don't know if music videos count in this thread, but I spotted what appears to be an S13 240SX in the music video for Black Beatles by Rae Sremmurd around the 0:07 mark.
s13 black beatles.PNG

The movie that made everyone (including me) cry, suddenly a Mazda RX-8 appears in the background.
Movie: Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Is that supposed to take place in the 90s? (Know nothing about it) Just noticed the 2nd generation Lexus GS in there too. Doesn't...quite match up with any of the other cars.

It's meant to be in the '80s. The show starts off with him saying, "It was summer 1980 something..." They don't always get the background cars right, but they're not too worried about car nerds like us haha.

I enjoy watching the Goldbergs, I think the show is quite funny. Though I really wish they would make sure all of their background cars were more period correct. It drives me nuts, it's like some owners in that show have access to a time machine or something.

It's meant to be in the '80s. The show starts off with him saying, "It was summer 1980 something..." They don't always get the background cars right, but they're not too worried about car nerds like us haha.

Tends to be the case with many shows. I remember seeing a current generation Subaru Forester (2012-present) in Better Call Saul, when the show's supposed to take place in 2002.

Back