The Dream Alliance: Chapter 4; Page 23 - A New Road Ahead

Coming soon...

8298073607_7a7b56aafd_c.jpg

Page 17 - The Big Gap

After the session from the Nurburgring, the team heads back to Axel's home in Ahrweiler. There, they are dead serious on the matters on the upcoming race. Takanori is just happy from his ride with Kazunori, and simply cannot get over it.

Takanori: "Man, I still can't believe what happened today."

Takuma: "Keep thinking about that, and we're gonna be a laughingstock on the whole race."

Hiroyuki: "So, what have you learned from Kazunori?"

Takanori: "He just told me his experiences on that track and how's the race going to be. It's a lot tougher than it seems."

Ricky: "Of course. Not only our skills, but also our car has to be in tip-top shape for the duration of the race. We have only 1 week to prepare."

Takanori: "Axel onii-san? How's the car?"

Axel: "It's in its best shape. But we have to secure lots of spare parts for the race in case problems occur."

Takanori: "Kazunori-san told me that too. And basically, the car is getting worn out as long as it is running on the track."

Axel: "That's right. Also, your lives are on the line."

Takanori: "I see."

Takuma stands up and proceeds to finish the cooking while Hiroyuki heads to the garage to look on the GT-R. He pulls out two stickers from his pocket to fill the both sides of the car. The drivers' names are placed on the upper door sills of the car. He puts those stickers on each side, and then Takanori notices that particular sticker.

Takanori: "N. Hiramoto?"

Hiroyuki: "My son has to be in this race. This is his dream, and I will be the one fulfilling it using his name."

Takanori: "If he's with us, he's just as thrilled to race as everybody does."

Hiroyuki: "You know, Nobuhiko can also get thrilled, especially when it comes to things he really wants to do. He's not silent most of the time, you know?"

Takanori: "We will do it.... for him. We can do this together."

Hiroyuki: "You're absolutely right."

Hiroyuki gives a pat on Takanori's shoulder before heading back to the dining area.

Takuma: "Takanori! Hey dummy! You gotta eat up if you want to win! Dinner's served, and everyone is waiting for you!"

Takuma: "Okay! Wait a second, okay? I'll be heading to the bathroom upstairs for a leak!"

Takanori actually heads to the guest room. He opens up his travelling bag and stares at the contents...

After a whole week of planning and practicing, the big day has finally come. Spectators camp out around the track to witness the race and lots of big tents occupy the grassy area.

Major teams are hard at work on their cars, and Takanori observes the whole pit lane.

Takanori: "Wow, those are serious pieces of machinery! It's gonna be tough, all right."

Takuma: "Hey, suit up! We will do timed runs first before the race starts!"

He heads back to their pit garage and opens up the bag. He takes out what it turns out to be Michiharu's racing suit.

Hiroyuki: "Hmph... you will wear your father's race suit, huh?"

Takanori: "Yeah. You call me Michiharu, right? Then I'll be Michiharu for 24 hours. Besides, my father has to be in this race too! Hah!"

8325862916_1509bd58c0_c.jpg

Ricky: "Hey guys, we can start the timed runs. The other cars are doing it now. We only have an hour to set the best lap."

Takanori: "Roger that."

Takanori puts helmet on and heads inside the GT-R. He heads out to do a timed run.

8324805717_2e8d23344e_c.jpg

Takanori: "Onii-san spent the whole night setting up this car. He has no sleep at all..."

8324805387_3285f80dc7_c.jpg

Takanori: "Look at those people, they're a lot watching me... No, the whole world is watching."

8325862080_7ebd737c47_c.jpg

Takanori: "Axel onii-san's efforts really pay off! I've got a good feeling. The car follows my instructions... Come on, my pet Godzilla we can do this!"

8324804927_79c5a3175c_c.jpg

Takanori sets a lap time of 7 minutes and 52 seconds. Meanwhile, Kazunori sets out to do a timed run as well.

8324804679_ddb9a7664e_c.jpg

Kazunori: "I have to show a bit of my true skill here. Takanori-san is doing the timed runs. I cannot play around."

8324804437_8b5f41ce59_c.jpg

8325860684_6539cdc533_c.jpg

8324803639_02d170cda9_c.jpg

Kazunori: "Takanori Kanonji. That guy.... is a prime example on how anyone can be a racer. You don't need a formal racing school education. Just as long as you have the confidence to be the best. Hard work can outshine a genius."

8324803427_a834d8d29d_c.jpg

Much to Takanori's shock, Kazunori's GT-R sets a lap time of 7 minutes and 50 seconds.

Takanori: "A...Amazing."

Takuma: "2 seconds faster. That's a very hard time to beat. F1 teams would spend millions of dollars just to make their cars milliseconds faster than their opponents. 2 seconds is already a very big gap to overcome."

After the qualifying runs, the race officially starts at 3 in the afternoon. Ricky is the first driver.

Takanori: "Good luck, Ricky-san! You can do this!"

Ricky: "Thank you, Takanori-san! Gambarimasu!"

Takanori: "Gambari yo! Ike!"

Ricky gets in the GT-R and sets off. Lucas Ordoñez is the first driver to race for the GT Academy team.

8324806939_e567fedf5f_c.jpg

Ricky: "The GT Academy Team's Nissan GT-R has the pole position. But there are a lot of cars to overtake before I can get to it!"

The light shows green, and the race has started.

8324806701_b8617a06ce_c.jpg

Ricky: "All right, here I come! I'll show you what a car magazine editor can do!"

8325863434_a15ca2ec51_c.jpg

8324806237_855ff44809_c.jpg

Ricky: "I'll get you soon, black GT-R! The moment I first saw you, I was already so fired up to race you!"

End of Page 17

Last edited:
Page 18 - Chasing The Rabbit

3:40 pm: Just a few laps have passed, and Ricky still hasn't got sight of the GT Academy's GT-R.

Ricky: "Man, that GT-R is so bloody quick!"

8333744638_97a5dc9307_c.jpg

Takanori opens up the communication system.

Takanori: "Status?"

Ricky: "Tires are okay. Oil and Water temperatures are stable. Brakes are doing good too."

Takanori: "Seen that GT-R yet?"

Ricky: "I haven't. I'm even chasing down a BMW V12 LMR as we speak."

Takanori: "I see. Lucas Ordoñez is an amazing driver, isn't he? He won a couple of races before this one, actually."

8333744310_544649c724_c.jpg

Ricky manages to overtake the BMW. But the gap between him and the GT Academy team is still very large.

8332684273_38c498e4de_c.jpg

Ricky: "How can I catch that rascal?"

Back in the pits, Takanori sits with Axel, who is thinking deeply.

Takanori: "Nii-san, something bothering you? You're not watching the race..."

Axel: "I'm just worried. My pride as a mechanic is also on the line. What if I bring this team down because there are a lot of mechanical problems along the race? I can't just put parts like that. I have to make them work. What if it turns out that a simple mechanic glitch can cost this team lots of precious time?"

Takanori: "I believe in you, Nii-san! And your contribution to the team as a mechanic is so large. In life, you meet problems along the way; so expect to have one here as well!"

Axel: "I haven't got sleep since yesterday just to make sure that the GT-R runs properly."

Takanori: "Nothing's perfect, but I know that you can overcome these obstacles! Just believe in yourself! There is a reason why I hired you as a mechanic, Nii-san!"

Axel: "I see. Mind if I sleep? I need one, badly."

Takanori: "Okay. Oyasumi nasai..."

Axel simply leans on the wall and sleeps.

Then Takuma comes running to them.

Takuma: "The GT Academy team took the lead as of this moment...

8333743682_5cfb51c132_c.jpg

Takanori: "I see..."

Takuma: "What's worse is, that their GT-R has a lot more power than ours. Even though it's hampered by more weight, it simply flies by."

Takanori: "The R35 GT-R is like a ballistic missile. The engine was designed to hurl the heavy body to light speeds! And the heavy weight has a purpose too, for more traction. Plus, they carefully thought of the weight distribution for optimum handling! That's why it corners like it can tear off your face."

Takuma: "So you're saying that our lighter GT-R has a disadvantage?"

Takanori: "Not really. It's all about how one shifts its weight. That's the secret on driving a GT-R very quickly. And doing that is not easy..."

Takuma: "You really are The Godzilla Keeper. A GT-R guru."

Takanori: "Ricky-san still hasn't caught the GT Academy team's GT-R."

Takuma: "This could be bad. Our opponents have far more experience and have raced in this event tons of times. We are just a bunch of newbies in this field right now."

Back in the race, Ricky once again communicates with the team.

Ricky: "Okay, I am actually alone, still trying to catch the GT Academy team. At least I can concentrate better."

Takanori: "That's good to hear. Actually, we are in 3rd place right now, the GT Academy team is currently taking the lead as we speak.

8332683593_a76112c21b_c.jpg

8333742974_9552de9f2c_c.jpg

Ricky: "All right then. It's actually more fun chasing down someone rather than being bored taking the lead."

Ricky: "Time to chase down a black rabbit! Let's go, GT-R!"

He quickly pulls down the sequential gear lever and puts more pressure on the accelerator.

End of Page 18

:lol:

Actually "nii-san" or "onii-san" mean (adding "o" as the prefix of some nouns connote a more respectful tone) big brother in Japanese, and Takanori and Axel are half-brothers, as stated in my very first story.

Aniki means the same, albeit it's more affectionate.

Last edited:
Page 19 - The Darkest Hours

2 a.m. - The race goes on, and it had been a tough trial for The Dream Alliance. However, there was a glimmer of hope for them, as the GT Academy Team had encountered a suspension problem, making the gap significantly smaller. Takuma enters the pit lane to end his turn, and passes the driving to Hiroyuki. Some of the team's crew members quickly change the tires and refuel the GT-R.

Takuma: "It's your turn now, old man."

Hiroyuki: "Hmph... Look at the GT Academy Team. I get to actually duel with their GT-R now. It's about to set off."

Takanori: "Good luck catching it! Even I find it hard doing it a while ago. And Axel onii-san is still..."

Hiroyuki: "He'll wake up soon. I gotta set off."

Hiroyuki straps himself in the GT-R and sets off along with the GT Academy's GT-R.

8341643188_ba9527e9ca_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "So, it's Yasukichi Yamamoto I'm dealing with, huh? He is the owner of Opera Performance tuning house. He is very good when it comes to bodywork."

8341643054_8996184c11_c.jpg

Then he applies his signature move, tapping the black GT-R's rear end as a sign of challenge.

8341642924_20ff810817_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Heh... Let's start having fun."

8340582897_451a64588e_c.jpg

Approaching the next corner, he used up some slipstream that enabled him to overtake his opponent. However, Yasukichi simply turns the car to pin down Hiroyuki at the inside, thus keeping the lead.

Hiroyuki: "Dammit! Persistent, aren't you?"

8340582743_0b15dfabd8_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "The way that GT-R corners, it's as if the car didn't mind that it's heavy, and knowing that it has a lot more power... I am doomed to death here. It simply blasts away from the corners. And knowing Yamamoto's expertise in bodywork, he knows how to play with that GT-R's heavy body!"

8340582603_19acaf1baa_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hiroyuki-san? Can you hear me? What's the status?"

Hiroyuki: "I have entered the Nordschleife. And the GT Academy Team's GT-R is pulling away. I am trying my best to shorten the gap by late braking."

Takanori: "Good luck, and please take care."

Hiroyuki: "Will do, Michiharu..."

8341641684_6574718e98_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "At that high-speed section, I can draft... but I can't simply pass it or I might end up in the grass and possibly crash!"

8340581585_0be185fd8d_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "That's it... I'm getting close. I just have to pick the right moment to overtake him."

8341641422_ec81e923b0_c.jpg

However, it seems that the black GT-R starts to get serious at the Karrusell hairpin.

8340581335_66f3ac99c3_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "It can't be! How would you risk your car's chassis at this banked curve!?"

To add insult to the injury, the GT-R's boost significantly dropped, and the brakes are fading due to Hiroyuki's late braking a while back.

Hiroyuki: "Takanori-kun! The car's first turbo stopped functioning, and the brakes are dying! I am braking early and gently, and the pace is very slow..."

Takanori: "Copy that. Please enter the pits."

8341641176_b534937b49_c.jpg

Hiroyuki enters the pit lane, and enters the garage in order to change parts. Axel finally wakes up, and assesses the mechanical problem. He simply cracks his fingers.

Axel: "Ich bin bereit..." (I am ready...)

He instructs the mechanical crew to change parts. He gives out tasks in German. Takanori and Hiroyuki watch in amazement on how precise and quick the parts are being changed. Even though some parts may take time to arrive, Axel wastes no time in fixing even the smallest cracks and glitches.

Takanori: "Amazing..."

Hiroyuki: "I guess your half-brother has all the energy he can use."

Takanori: "You did well, Hiroyuki-san. It's okay, I know that you did your best. You can rest for a while..."

But Hiroyuki walks away, looking at the night sky outside.

Hiroyuki: "I'm sorry, Nobuhiko. I failed you once again..."

End of Page 19

I might come up another story, though it's another spin-off about Takuma's love life... :P Since Takuma is my favorite character. :lol:

Pending title: "Takuma Gaiden: My Fair Lady"

Well, the title is a dead giveaway as to what car will be heavily featured in that story.

If time allows me, then why not? :D

Hmm... Amuse Z? :D

Anyways, I say go for it!

I'd be writing if I wasn't busy with "Touge Showdown", but hey. :lol:

The confirmed cars:

Amuse NISMO 380RS Superleggera
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z32)
Lotus Evora (driven by Takuma)
Lotus Elise 111R RM
Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z
Daihatsu Copen (as requested by lbpomg95 :lol: )

That's all for now...

Page 20 will be posted later.

Page 20 - Passing the Baton

2:30 p.m. - Just half an hour left before the race ends. And teams are doubling or even tripling their efforts to make sure their cars are on their tip-top condition until the race ends. Same goes to the fans who camped out at the circuit's premises just to watch the entire action. They are not taking their eyes off the action.

8346077878_18e39da852_c.jpg

8346077588_6a00dd5d64_c.jpg

8345020789_f3fe4c8c2e_c.jpg

Another mechanical problem has fallen upon the GT Academy Team. The rear suspension had broken out, and a lot of time and advantage has lost from changing the suspension unit.

It sets off, and The Dream Alliance's GT-R as managed to catch up once again, with Hiroyuki behind the wheel.

8346077210_c1dc7368e9_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Lady Luck is on our side now, huh? Well, let's get on it!"

Takanori: "The GT Academy Team lost its big advantage because their GT-R's rear suspension have broken down, and it took them time to source and install it!"

Hiroyuki: "Got it, Michiharu-kun..."

8346076960_9bf8bae588_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Hmph, that GT-R is still running like there's no tomorrow even though the rear suspension is entirely new..."

8345019975_d204f1a308_c.jpg

He once again challenges the opponent by tapping the rear, however, he is penalized by 5 seconds.

8346076404_653569d9b2_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Shoot! I think I overdid it!"

Then he thinks back of his moments with his son 15 years back...

"Otoosan, when is your next race? I wanna watch!"

"Finally, I can beat you in tennis! I'm faster now, right?"

"Otoosan, I love your breakfast! Please make this everyday!"

"Otoosan, I know you can do it! You are the bestest racer in the world!"

8345019477_2df2b48fa2_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko.... even though our family was falling apart, you continue to support me. I have been a very bad father. Now that your name is in this car and I am representing you....

...this time I WON'T FAIL! Watch your father like you used to do 15 years ago!"

He changes gears and he puts a lot of effort in his steering and foot work. The GT Academy Team's GT-R is once again in his sights.

Hiroyuki: "Before, I was just lax. Now I will take kids like you very seriously! I'll show you what "bestest" racer can do!"

8345019223_27596efa9d_c.jpg

Seeing the outside lane is fully open, Hiroyuki attempts to overtake.

8345018915_bd84868132_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "In racing, there is no such thing as style in winning. Grab every opportunity that comes to you!"

8346075246_b8bb122c48_c.jpg

8346074758_767d11135b_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Michiharu-kun, my part is done. I will enter the pit lane. Also the tires are in need of a change."

Takanori: "Got it. Please take care."

Suddenly, rain drops form on the windshield.

Hiroyuki: "Looks like it will be a grand finale..."

8346074530_86730f497e_c.jpg

Returning to the pits, the crew immediately prepare a set of Intermediate Tires as per Axel's instruction. The 4 of them gather first.

Ricky: "You did well, Hiroyuki-san."

Hiroyuki: "Thank you. I did it all for you.... and for Nobuhiko. I cannot be a failure in front of him, ever."

Takuma: "Looks like it's the final leg. And it's your turn again, Takanori."

Takanori: "I'm ready."

Hiroyuki pats on Takanori's shoulder.

Hiroyuki: "This is it. Make your father proud once again."

Ricky then pats on Takanori's right shoulder.

Ricky: "Takanori-san, I wish you good luck, Gambatte!"

And finally, Takuma places his hand on Takanori's hair and messes it.

Takuma: "Don't screw it up. Or else I'll make you bald."

Takanori: "Thanks, guys. I love you all! And I won't let you down!"

Kazunori is also preparing himself since it's his turn again. He puts on his racing gloves and helmet. Upon setting out, he and Takanori briefly stare at each other in the middle of the pouring rain. The tension suddenly rises, and Ricky is feeling it.

Ricky: "Those two... it's like the earth is gonna shake. It's like their auras have gotten brighter and larger!"

Takanori shows a confident smile.

Takanori: "Hajimemashou!"

End of Page 20

Page 21 - GT-R Fanatics

It's the final leg of the race, and everyone shifts their focus on the showdown between Takanori and Kazunori. Rain has started pouring, but it doesn't matter for those two...

8347085545_b0a9c14165_c.jpg

Takanori: "Never expected the rain to show up. Rain makes me depressed, actually."

8348143300_1fc199dd8d_c.jpg

Takanori: "But the 4WD system would somehow keep me out of trouble."

8347085409_e2b221c0b5_c.jpg

Kazunori: "I'm impressed that you were able to shorten the gap the moment we enter the Nordschleife. We are entering the most dangerous part of the course, especially in the rain."

8348143010_461e01767d_c.jpg

Takanori: "Kazunori-san seems composed here. Well, that's to be expected since he knows this track a lot more than I do!"

8348142916_6742ea29ed_c.jpg

Kazunori: "Your determination has brought you this far, Takanori-san. Even those who had formal racing education barely makes it here. Someone who used to be an average high-school student who often plays GT5 has now turned into high-level race car driver that even veterans could not match!"

8347084897_16dafa6b73_c.jpg

Kazunori: "You are the toughest opponent I have faced in my life. And you deserve to witness my true skill.... here and now."

Takanori sees his opponent accelerating away.

Takanori: "What!? Doing it here during the rain!?"

However, Kazunori's GT-R understeers at the hairpin. Takanori wastes no time in grabbing the opportunity.

Takanori: "A mistake! All right, this is the right moment!"

Kazunori: "Damn, I think the rain has gotten worse."

But Takanori accelerated too early at the corner exit, inducing wheelspin and losing some control. As a result, the car goes to the grass, losing the lead.

8348142324_91a96b244b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Shoot! That was premature."

Back in the pits, the entire Dream Alliance watch on the big flat screen.

Ricky: "Ooh, so close!"

Takuma: "The GT-R's 4WD system isn't really for rain. It does give you stability, but since it's rear-biased all the time, it can induce oversteer in this type of road condition. Pit in a Quattro-equipped Audi and you'll see how it makes mincemeat of the GT-R in the rain."

Hiroyuki: "And looking outside, the rain has gotten stronger."

Axel: "Time to use a set of full rain tires, then."

Takanori once again takes the lead upon overtaking Kazunori at the Karussell hairpin.

8347084469_370ebf5b0d_c.jpg

But then, the road has turned even more slippery; causing understeer.

8347084279_f1cd45768a_c.jpg

Takanori: "Crap!"

8348141994_a7d1297d53_c.jpg

Kazunori: "This is one hell of a showdown. I'm sure people watching us are so thrilled at this moment."

Then Axel calls up on Takanori on the radio.

8348141920_c100942afc_c.jpg

Axel: "Takanori, please enter the pits. We'll change the tires. We have to use a set of full rain tires."

Takanori: "Ryoukai. I got it."

The two GT-R's enter the pits to change tires since the rain has gotten in its worst.

8348141686_d8587e6836_c.jpg

8347083855_582b455679_c.jpg

While the crew is quickly changing tires, Takuma approaches the car.

Takanori: "Aniki?"

Takuma shows a two thumbs up. Takanori shows a delightful smile.

Takanori: "Thanks, Aniki! You are the best brother in the whole wide world!"

Then the two GT-Rs set off. Takuma looks on with hope.

Takuma: "You have always looked up to me. And because of you, you have changed my life ever since. You idolize me, and I idolize you. Now, it's time for me to show my support and gratitude. YOU CAN DO IT, TAKANORI!"

8348141526_f265e7bc4f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoops, I slide out too much!"

8348141422_9341459048_c.jpg

Then Axel hooks up the radio once again, however...

Axel: "Great, Takanori is singing again."

8347083451_ce0e67b2a8_c.jpg

I don't know what you're looking for
you haven't found it baby, that's for sure
You rip me up, you spread me all around
in the dust of the deed of time

8348141168_881338e20f_c.jpg

And this is not a case of lust, you see
it's not a matter of you versus me
It's fine the way you want me on your own
but in the end it's always me alone

8347083283_5ab9b8547c_c.jpg

I only know what I've been working for
another you so I could love you more
I really thought that I could take you there
but my experiment is not getting us anywhere

I had a vision I could turn you right
a stupid mission and a lethal fight
I should have seen it when my hope was new
my heart is black and my body is blue

8347083031_cc18666387_c.jpg

And I'm losing my favourite game
you're losing your mind again
I'm losing my favourite game
you're losing your mind again
I'm losing my baby
losing my favourite game

Takuma: "Heh... that's his way of concentrating better."

8348140852_61045d7926_c.jpg

While side-by-side on the long straight, Takanori briefly looks on his right. He shows a grin and a thumbs down to Kazunori.

Kazunori: "What happened to Takanori-san? It's like I'm battling a monster!"

It's the final lap. Everyone is dead set on watching the action. Some are posting tweets about the showdown.

On the first corner, Kazunori overspeeds and loses control, allowing Takanori to overtake.

8347082863_b8fcb03747_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hah! That's what you get for putting too many GT-Rs in GT5!"

8347082591_1e79750717_c.jpg

However, approaching the next corner, Takanori's GT-R suddenly locked its brakes, sending it off course. The team watches in distress.

8348140318_a617d4f82d_c.jpg

8348140202_ff5ccece01_c.jpg

Takuma: "Takanori!!!"

Takanori hits the steering wheel in frustration.

Takanori: "****!!! Dammit!!! Hah... hah... hah... What should I do?"

Then he suddenly hears voices from his head.

"You're such a crybaby! People like you don't deserve to be in this battlefield!"

Takanori: "Ben-san?"

"Push! Push! Don't give up! You can win this!"

Takanori: "Nobuhiko???"

"Son.... Just a little more. Show me your true skill. Show no mercy!"

Takanori: "Oyaji?"

After some tears have flown down, Takanori engages first gear in the sequential gear lever and pushes the pedal to the metal.

8347082067_5c2c774192_c.jpg

Takanori: "Thank you... Thank you very much for giving me strength. You have always been the greatest people I've ever known. I miss you so much...

Now, I'll use this strength to come out on top! Watch out, world! Because here comes...

...Takanori Kanonji!!!"

End of Page 21

Last edited:
Page 22 - Drive to Win

8347698281_ba895c9801_c.jpg

Takanori: "Right.... I can win this. I can win this."

8347698209_31fcc041a9_c.jpg

Kazunori: "I am impressed... To think you still have the strength to fight back at this last part of the race. Everyone, including me, would be worn out at this moment."

8347698063_b2f031bb67_c.jpg

Takanori: "I will never lose.... I will never ever lose!"

8348756724_b4fd238daa_c.jpg

Takanori downshifts quickly, and there is a surge of flames coming out of the exhausts. Then he gently applies the accelerator to keep the car in control.

Then he puts it into a drift at the next corner.

8347697863_e3a547d8fc_c.jpg

Takanori: "I may not be as skilled as you are, but what drives me to win my races in my career are...

...my loved ones. These people show their love and care to me, and my way of returning those feelings is by racing! Whenever I see their smiling faces and hear their words of inspiration, they act as my "fuel" to burn my flames of determination to win! As long as you have people caring and supporting you, you will be driven to succeed! Just like you, Kazunori-san! You are successful in your craft because people love your games as means of supporting you!"

Then Kazunori suddenly feels a slight tap.

Kazunori: "Hm? What could that be?"

To his shock, he sees Takanori's GT-R hot on his GT-R's tail.

8347697795_ebeb324032_c.jpg

Takanori: "Now, I have a big favor to return!"

8348756368_d2752f12e0_c.jpg

"Don't let the spraying of water distract you, Takanori! I will be your eye...Look at your left, take that lane."

Takanori: "Got it, Pops!"

Kazunori: "Takanori Kanonji, you truly are a great driver. Most drivers would just give up right now... but you didn't."

8348756254_81aff0efd2_c.jpg

Takanori: "As long as the race lingers, there is still hope to win! Even if it's little, then use it!"

Kazunori's GT-R enters the corners faster than it should. It may spread the gap, but he is plagued by oversteer.

8348756210_4a96e39928_c.jpg

Takanori: "Don't overdo it! Even the GT-R can be a victim of the rain! It's not built for it!"

8348756032_a420ef50b4_c.jpg

"That bloody idiot is being pressured, keep at it!"

Takanori: "Roger that, Ben-san!"

8347697245_de60413df5_c.jpg

"Overtake at the right to shoot out from the slipstream! The water sprayed on you is a distraction!"

Takanori: "Okay, Nobuhiko!"

The teams are holding on and are nervous at the outcome.

Ricky: "Man, this is tense!"

Takuma: "Bring it home, GT-R boy!"

Hiroyuki: "Impressive.... to think that he kept up after that skirmish. I guess he's really driven to succeed. Michiharu, how did you raise your son?"

8347697027_80441dc84c_c.jpg

At the final corner before exiting the Nordschleife, Kazunori's GT-R understeers, allowing Takanori to use that opportunity to overtake. Then the dual-clutch transmission of Kazunori's GT-R suddenly malfunctioned.

Kazunori: "I can't shift gears!"

Takanori: "All right! I shall show you the power of conviction!"

Takanori simply floors the GT-R.

At the main straight, everyone is eager and excited to see who will come out the Nordschleife and cross the finish line first.

Ricky: "I hope it's a white one."

After a brief silence...

8347696907_e7b290c6ab_c.jpg

Ricky: "It's Takanori-san! We won! We won!"

Takuma: "See that? That's my twin!"

Confetti falls down as a sign that the Nurburgring 24 Hours race has ended. The Dream Alliance takes the class victory, as well as the overall victory.

When Takanori came down from the podium with his gold trophy, the whole team carries him and tosses him up repeatedly.

Takanori: "Ahahahahahaha! Weeeeeeee! Thanks a lot, everyone!"

After that, Takuma approaches him and gives him a hard noogie.

Takuma: "Here's my congratulatory noogie. Nice job, little shrimp."

Ricky: "You did it! I am so gonna be your biggest fan!"

Hiroyuki: "That's to be expected from Michiharu's son."

Takanori: "This is not just for me. It's for everyone. This trophy is for everyone. All of your contributions mean a lot for this race. And..."

Tears once again flow from his eyes.

Takanori: "...THANK YOU! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You are the very reason why I have achieved this far. Loved ones have driven me to succeed."

The team applauds. Then suddenly Kazunori approaches Takanori.

Kazunori: "Congratulations. You are a very tough opponent. With the power of dreams, even a video game player can make it this far."

Takanori: "I have to thank you for making the Gran Turismo series. It had turned out to be a stepping stone for me, and to others as well. The GT Academy program allows these people to achieve their dreams. Even though I haven't gone through it, I have always viewed you as an inspiration as well. And you are a very tough opponent too! Whew!"

Kazunori: "I hope your dreams can carry you further. Soon, you will be the greatest race car driver mankind has ever known. Keep that up!"

The two perform a brofist and then Takanori finally shows his signature thumbs up pose to Kazunori.

The rain had stopped and a rainbow is seen at the horizon.

End of Page 22

Page 23 - A New Road Ahead

A week after the race, what had transpired is still a hot topic among blog sites, racing analysts, and in social media. The 4 of them are also bombarded with interviews and they reveal their tricks of the trade and their past as well.

They have returned to Japan, save for Ricky and Axel since they went home to U.K. and Germany respectively; and they have a long break from racing. One evening, the Kanonji family is readying for dinner in their home.

Takanori: "Aniki!!!! I'm starving to death here! Hurry up!"

Takuma: "Why don't you do the cooking, you little shrimp!"

Dinner is served, and everyone is at the dining table. As Takuma opens up the sukiyaki pot...

Takanori: "Itadakimasu!"

He immediately grabs the contents of the pot.

Makoto: "Oh dear, my husband will gorge on that whole pot, for sure."

Takuma: "Don't worry, just like in racing, one has to go at the pit stop."

Takanori: "There's no pit stop when eating your delicious cooking! Hah!"

Takanori just keeps gorging on the bowl with his chopsticks quickly.

Tomoko: "Easy... Hahahahaha."

Ben: "Wow, Daddy really is a great chef! Why don't you open a restaurant?"

Takuma: "I still prefer racing over cooking, boy. I do have recipe videos in my YouTube channel, though."

Suddenly, they hear a loud idling exhaust note from the outside.

Takanori: "Eh? Who could that be?"

Then they hear it revving.

Takanori pauses his eating and checks the outside.

8349954330_0b1f18159f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Eh??? Elise?"

Sayuki steps out from the Elise and throws the key to him.

Sayuki: "There, it's fixed."

Takanori: "Whoa, really? You..."

Sayuki: "Don't thank me. Thank those guys from TI Racing who did further extensive modifications of the car. Though I was the one who found a spare 1.8 liter engine from the Toyota Celica and tuned it the same way as before."

Takanori: "TI Racing... I know that shop. They tune on Lotus cars, mostly."

Sayuki: "The whole body is carbon fiber now, the gear ratios have been shortened, and they equip the car new racing brakes and suspension as well. It's time you do the proper shakedown."

Takanori: "Thanks a lot, Sayuki! I owe you..."

Sayuki: "Let me know if you need help, okay? I'm always on your side, for our family."

Takanori: "You will always be a part of the Kanonji family. Thank you for your kindness."

Sayuki: "Well, so long! Don't break it, crybaby!"

Takanori bids his hand goodbye as Sayuki walks away. Takuma also heads outside to check on the car as well.

Takuma: "A new color again, huh? So, what's new in this car?"

Takanori: "A lot. I'll do a proper shakedown tomorrow at Suzuka Circuit."

Takuma: "Let's go in. Let's finish dinner."

Upon heading in, Takanori then calls the attention of everyone while eating.

Takanori: "Um... Makoto and I have decided to move out from our condominium unit in Ropponggi hills. We will be moving to our new home in Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture. The new house is complete, and we will be moving there next week."

Tomoko: "Yokohama? Isn't it a bit far from here?"

Takanori: "Unfortunately, yes. It's 45 minutes away from Tokyo. But don't worry, We would still visit here 3 times a week! We just need a bigger house to live in, especially that we are expecting our 2nd child and my car collection has gotten a bit bigger."

Takuma: "Besides, you don't want to get stressed all the time in Tokyo's bustling streets. Yokohama is a perfect place to go home from work in Tokyo."

Tomoko: "Well, we will support you in whatever decision you make, Takanori. That's just one of the things that a family does."

Takuharu: "Papa..."

Takanori: "Yes? What is it, my little racer?"

He approaches his son and tickles him.

And so the next day, Takanori and Hiroyuki test out the resurrected Elise in Suzuka Circuit.

8349953842_e14bb0afd1_c.jpg

Takanori: "This accelerates better."

8349953464_2b99974eee_c.jpg

Takanori: "And it doesn't twitch as much as before! I can have full control of the car!"

Hiroyuki: "Glad to hear it. And besides, the guys in TI Racing sure know what they are doing."

8348890521_8452204903_c.jpg

Takanori: "I can troll supercars all day with this!"

Then they stop by at the 130R corner. They look at Nobuhiko's framed photo and a plaque.

8349952226_67e5fbe554_c.jpg

Takanori: "The Frequent Visitor, huh?"

Hiroyuki: "What really melted my heart is the fact that Nobuhiko used to stop here very often and think about me. This time, I am the doing it... thinking about him."

Takanori: "You did more than enough to make up for your past mistakes. Your son is very happy now."

Hiroyuki: "My wife and I are in speaking terms right now."

Takanori: "That's very good to hear! Nobuhiko would love hearing that too!"

Hiroyuki: "I have to thank you, Takanori-kun. If I hadn't met you, then I would be lonely forever. You know, people would love meeting you because you can change them."

Takanori: "Hehehehehe.... You're welcome."

They look up at the bright sunny sky.

So much has happened. Through all the tears, laughter, success and failures, these experiences helped us shape into not just faster racers but also better persons. A year has passed, and we take our own paths, but rest assured, we would make it a point to keep in touch.

Aniki's cooking channel in YouTube has garnered over 1 million subscribers. Even well-known chefs across the globe recommend his channel. His adopted son, Ben, has started taking up Karting in his free time. Aniki's charity work is booming as well. Takuma's Proteges has received tons of donations and all the children in that orphanage have been granted scholarship.

Ricky-san is now an in-demand car reviewer in Europe. His car reviews in both magazine and video are garnering positive comments and car enthusiasts always rely on him for consumer advice as well. Here's the best part, we can converse each other in Japanese!

Hiroyuki-san and his wife have finally reconciled and I am actually invited to their upcoming second wedding! Nobuhiko would surely be the happiest man in the heavens. I just wish them the best. As a family man, you have to keep your family in check, right? Even if trials rise on the way.

As for me, well...

...my wife gave birth to our baby girl. Her name is Reina or "Rei" as Takuharu calls his little sister. We now live in a bigger and better home in Yokohama, with 2 floors of basement garage! My car reviewing stint is still on-going, and I am actually honored to find out that all the people who own the Takanori Edition R35 GT-R have converted them similar to my racing-spec R35! In the same color! Man, I can't tell which is which. Haha! Oh, and also...

...I am helping out Kazunori-san train the upcoming GT Academy racers. I share with them my experiences. Happily, they are all doing good so far and they are more determined to achieve their goals.

THE END

The reason behind the Elise's new color:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMnv8yYhDPI

Last edited:
A great ending to an excellent story.👍

Looking forward to the next one.

Latest Posts

Back