The Dream Alliance: Chapter 4; Page 23 - A New Road Ahead

Page 10 - Sayonara...

It's sunset at one of the B-roads that will lead out of Italy. It was quiet, until...

8270054570_cbf900ba64_c.jpg

8268988379_eeb7d6b893_c.jpg

Takanori: "We're heading to..."

Hiroyuki: "Monaco. We will pass along the Mediterranean coastline. Though we are still in Italy now."

Takanori: "Man, Italy is big after all."

8270053672_5a9d954e41_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Good thing we avoided the mountain pass that we originally plan to head next. It's just a detour..."

Takanori: "How long have you been living in Europe? You seem to know a lot of places to go to."

Hiroyuki: "Europe was a witness of almost all of my experiences. That's the reason why... I had a divorce."

Takanori: "Divorce?"

Hiroyuki: "That's right. My wife and I divorced because of my racing career. And I haven't told Nobuhiko the truth. Things like this sometimes makes me break. I'm such a bad father that I lied in front of my son. Now, I can't fix it."

Takanori: "You still had some contact with your wife?"

Hiroyuki: "Yes. But we haven't spoken again..."

Takanori: "I think you should sort things out. I'm a husband too, you know? I think it's just one of the ways to make up for Nobuhiko. I'm sure he wished not only to see you, but to see your family together once again. I, for one, am in the same shoe as yours right now. I am away from my wife and my child for most of the time, but I make it a point to spend a lot of time with them and get in touch."

Hiroyuki: "I was just so immersed to my career that I forgot the rest."

Takanori: "There's nothing wrong in pursuing to your interests or your dreams, just as long as you don't forget your priorities as a father."

Hiroyuki: "Heh, your father used to give me tons of advice too. Yet he also did a bad thing that destroyed your family."

Takanori then changes gears and controls the steering input.

Takanori: "I know... but I accepted it. And also, he didn't really have to apologize. I love him so much that I forgot it."

Hiroyuki: "Do you think that Nobuhiko has forgiven me? I lied to him, you know?"

Takanori: "I think so. He missed you a lot... and that's a sign of love."

However, the engine suddenly blows. They are jolted by the noise that Takanori has to regain control of the car.

Takanori: "What the f..."

8270053364_f66d236370_c.jpg

He manages to stop the car. Hiroyuki quickly gets the fire extinguisher just placed on the footrest and the two get out. Hiroyuki sprays vigorously to prevent the fire from burning the entire car.

Takanori: "No...."

Hiroyuki: "The most important thing is, that we're safe."

Luckily for them, there is an inn a few steps away. Hiroyuki calls for a tow truck while Takanori's face display a sign of shock upon seeing the burned engine. Then he is reminded of how Nobuhiko died.

Takanori: "Why...?"

Hiroyuki: "Let's stay at that inn for a night. We have to rest. I know it's rough..."

After checking in, Hiroyuki quickly goes to sleep, but Takanori is still sitting on his bed, still shocked as to what happened.

End of Page 10

Page 11 - Godzilla's Evil Grin

While sleeping, Takanori suddenly enters into a dream. He is in a field of flowers, with butterflies flying around and rabbits chasing each other. He looks around, wondering.

Takanori: "Eh? Where am I?"

Then he walks around. The field is endless, and he keeps on walking.

Takanori: "What place is this?"

Then he spots a tree with a person sitting under it. He gets closer, and it turns out that Nobuhiko is the person sitting under the tree, looking up at the leaves and the birds perching on the branches.

Takanori: "Nobuhiko?"

Nobuhiko: "Takanori-kun!"

He stands up, but a tearful Takanori punches him on the gut.

Takanori: "You fool! Why did you have to leave us!? We missed you so much!"

Nobuhiko: "I'm sorry..."

Takanori: "No one could ever replace you, you know!? You're simply the greatest racer ever! Why do you have to go!?"

Nobuhiko: "I told you before, that I have accomplished the things that I need to do. And I asked for nothing more. I'm actually very happy, to see my father once again... and the team, doing great."

Takanori: "Nobuhiko..."

Takanori wipes his tears.

Takanori: "...I'm really sorry. I broke your gift to me. I pushed too hard for you."

Nobuhiko: "It's okay. You did your best, like you always do; and I am very proud of you for making it this far. Don't give up!"

Takanori: "How I wish that you were still with us!"

Nobuhiko: "Look, what have you told me before? Smile, right? You should smile all the time, even if challenges arise. The Takanori-kun I know always have the confident smile and energy in whatever challenge he faces. I want to see that!"

Takanori then shows a smile.

Nobuhiko: "There, see?"

Then Nobuhiko notices a silhouette of another person approaching to them.

Nobuhiko: "Someone wants to see you..."

"Takanori..."

Recognizing the voice, Takanori looks back at the silhouette.

Takanori: "Otoosan?"

Michiharu: "It's been a while."

Michiharu pats on his son's head.

Michiharu: "You are doing very well. Don't stop. Your dreams are being fulfilled. Go out there and win that race."

Takanori: "I miss you, Otoosan!"

Michiharu: "Me too. Oh, you are a good partner to Hiroyuki. Say hi to him for me, okay?"

Takanori: "He calls me by your name, you know?"

Michiharu: "Of course. You remind him very much of me. And you know what, you have to make him happy. I have undergone the same pain that he is going through right now. You have to help him. You are a father now, right?"

Then Takanori looks at the two.

Takanori: "You think, I can do it?"

Nobuhiko: "Of course! You gotta believe in yourself, that's all."

Michiharu: "Don't give up now. You are now close in fulfilling your dreams."

Takanori is once again in tears.

Takanori: "Thank you very much, guys! This is one of the happiest moments in my life! I'll always think of you!"

Nobuhiko: "I have a favor... please take care of my father."

Takanori: "Roger that! I will."

Then Takanori disappears.

At the morning, Takanori makes a cup of coffee and takes a stroll outside. He looks at Elise loaded on the tow truck. Hiroyuki catches up with him.

Hiroyuki: "Slept well, Takanori?"

Takanori: "Yes. I had a wonderful dream last night."

Hiroyuki: "Oh a dream."

Takanori: "I met your son... and my father."

Hiroyuki: "What did Nobuhiko say?"

Takanori: "That he's very happy to see you once again in his last moments. And I am doing him a favor. To take care of you."

Hiroyuki: "You don't have to do that for me. I am fine..."

Takanori: "I will help you out. We are teammates, right? We're not teammates only in our team, but also in life."

Then suddenly, a big trailer truck stops right in front of them. Coming out of the passenger side is none other than Sayuki.

Takanori: "Sayuki!?"

Sayuki: "I heard of your little skirmish, so I decided to help. Bring her out, boys!"

Two men go behind the trailer and unloads Takanori's white R35 GT-R. He is shocked to see that it's been heavily-modified.

Takanori: "Eh??? Hey!"

Sayuki: "Sorry, I decided to tinker your GT-R in Japan while you're here in Europe. I think it would be very useful for your career, especially that the 24 Hours of Nurburgring is just around the corner. And I'll take the Elise back to Japan."

8272345297_f792889aaa_c.jpg

Then she throws the car key to Takanori and the latter catches it.

Sayuki: "Good luck. This is the GT-R that will fulfill your dreams. It's my little way of making up for my father's actions against you back then. AND I HOPE YOU DON'T BLOW THE ENGINE. I will strangle you to death if that happens. Ciao!"

She gets back in the truck and it leaves.

Hiroyuki: "Hmph. This will more than make up for the lost time."

Takanori then shows a grin, with a single sharp tooth on the upper portion.

Takanori: "Heh!"

Hiroyuki: "Looks like an evil, scary grin to me."

After checking out, Takanori immediately puts the GT-R into speed.

8272344889_f666bc54b8_c.jpg

Takanori: "Where are we now?"

Hiroyuki: "Were heading out of Italy. We'll be in Monaco soon enough at this rate of speed. Michiharu, we can do this."

Takanori: "Of course. And rest assured, your glory days will be back."

8272344709_1fd3f070ba_c.jpg

Takanori: "The way this car turns is like there is endless grip!"

8273410178_023251d4b0_c.jpg

Then approaching another corner, Takanori then takes a deep breath first, then...

Takanori: "3...2...1..."

8273409954_38c8baf29a_c.jpg

Takanori: "DORYAAAA!"

8272343985_177d7da895_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: ("Heh.... is this Takanori, Michiharu? He's really a dynamic person. You've raised one hell of a child.")

Takanori: "Benz... Ferrari... Why buy them, when you can have this!?"

Hiroyuki: "You're all fired up, huh?"

8273409512_519bbbfa8e_c.jpg

Takanori once again shows his trademark evil grin.

Takanori: "Heh, Godzilla's trail of destruction begins now..."

End of Page 11

Page 12 - Trail of Destruction

Takanori and Hiroyuki are now heading towards Monaco, and they are facing more powerful cars along the way.

8280242165_d86041024a_c.jpg

Takanori: "You shall witness Godzilla's wrath... prepare yourselves!"

8281296892_a4ab33317c_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Hmmmm.... your reflexes have improved, considering the high amount of power this GT-R has. You can catch it whenever it's oversteering or understeering.

Takanori: "Of course! You very well know that I..."

8280241747_0a57a2ccec_c.jpg

Takanori: "...am the Godzilla Keeper! And this Godzilla is very hungry, I have to feed it!"

Then they enter the highway, it's a long straight ahead. Takanori just lets the GT-R draft behind the Jaguar XJ220.

8281296234_1ab60656f5_c.jpg

Takanori: "I respect the Jaguar XJ220 as a legend, but..."

8280241127_17a2231637_c.jpg

"...I have a race to win."

Takanori then applies full pressure to the accelerator. The turbo boost goes up to 1.7 bar and the GT-R easily overtakes the XJ220.

8280240881_3d51bc239a_c.jpg

The GT-R easily touches 340 km/h and leaves the competition to dust.

8280240631_1d3f13592d_c.jpg

Takanori: "I guess Sayuki-chan had done a great work in tuning this car! Man, this is great!"

Hiroyuki: "At this rate, we will get back the pace that we lost. Good job, we're almost there."

Meanwhile, in London, Ricky is buying coffee for Takuma and for himself. When he got out of the coffee shop, he sees an R35 GT-R that easily catches the attention.

8281295312_9f36292ce2_c.jpg

Ricky: "Another souped-up R35? Well, there are a lot of them in the world now. Seeing this makes me more eager to drive Takanori-san's R35."

As he walks past by it, he notices a Kanji decal at the driver's side window that's written as:

山内 一典

Ricky: "Hmmmm.... probably the car's owner, then."

He moves on, on his way back to his apartment where he and Takuma are staying.

After a few minutes, the GT-R's owner returns and just stands beside the car as if waiting for someone...

8280240025_8ba8a45429_c.jpg

End of Page 12

Last edited:
Page 13 - ATTESA ET-S vs. quattro

In Monaco, The Heil Sisters immediately leave the hotel after getting dressed in order to continue racing. The R8's loud exhaust sound shatters the silence of the city.

8290025003_0744606cff_c.jpg

Adellina: "All right, we're getting close to London. We will head north to France and then catch a train in Paris going to London. Give your best shot, Jessica!"

Jessica: "Roger that! We will once again take the trophy."

8290024837_129dba430a_c.jpg

Meanwhile, not that far away, Takanori and Hiroyuki enter the city as well. Takanori just enjoys the spectacular ambiance of the city.

8291084182_8c48c0e77b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa... I've always dreamed of going here! I used to race here... in GT5, that is."

Hiroyuki: "Sightseeing in Monaco?"

Takanori: "Heh, ain't got no time for that!"

Takanori floors the throttle and speeds through the tight city streets.

8290024341_2a844c3f01_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Okay then, we'll head north to France, okay?"

Takanori: "Understood!"

8290024223_feb7644ca0_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I used to drift in these streets."

8290024493_d9a5cba63d_c.jpg

Takanori: "Wow! Well, let's see if I can do it too! Heh!"

8290024121_7fe850b4c7_c.jpg

They finally caught up to the sisters. Takanori puts up his trademark evil grin once again.

Takanori: "I spotted an interesting prey..."

Hiroyuki: "Let's devour it."

8291083374_dcb4cb62be_c.jpg

Takanori: "An R8, eh? Interesting indeed."

Takanori then sings a song.

"I was born long ago
I am the chosen, I'm the one
I have come to save the day
And I won't leave until I'm done
So that's why you've got to try
You've got to breathe and have some fun
Though I'm not paid I play this game
And I won't stop until I'm done"

Jessica: "Look, someone is behind us."

Adellina: "A GT-R!?"

8290023819_3c404c1db4_c.jpg

Takanori:

"Are you gonna go my way?

and I got to... got to know yeah!!!"

Jessica: "We used to be alone, now let's have some fun, GT-R."

Takanori: "Let's see..."

Then he drifts the car at the Grand Hotel hairpin, in which the GT-R is just inches behind the R8's rear bumper.

8290023651_fdc058310c_c.jpg

Takanori: "...which is the supreme 4WD!"

Hiroyuki: "You're playing around?"

Takanori: "Usually, the predator plays around with its prey, to wear it down."

8291082890_68ef0d391a_c.jpg

Adellina: "The driver is very skilled. Jessica, don't hold back!"

8290023337_24569f038b_c.jpg

Jessica: "I'm trying not to, but the GT-R is way too fast! This is unexpected!"

However, she overspeeds at the next corner, leaving a big opening for Takanori.

8291082618_ab5ff9e8bc_c.jpg

Takanori: "Typical quattro 4WD weakness... understeer!"

Then at the straight, the GT-R easily overtakes the R8.

8291082444_8c483e1d14_c.jpg

Takanori: "I'll show you the VR38DETT's power and the supremacy of the ATTESA-ETS 4WD system! Keep up if you can!"

At the next turn, the GT-R spreads the gap even wider. The sisters could not believe what is transpiring.

8290022817_0139765479_c.jpg

Adellina: "I can't believe it."

Jessica: "Even in the turns, we are no match!"

8291082112_e22a4b6355_c.jpg

Takanori:

"I don't know why we always cry
This we must leave and get undone
We must engage and rearrange
And turn this planet back to one
So tell me why we got to die
And kill each other one by one
We've got to hug and rub-a-dub
We've got to dance and be in love
Are you gonna go my way and I got to, got to know, yeah!"

Meanwhile, in a circuit at the outskirts of London, Ricky and Takuma are out there to have a hot lap in Ricky's Subaru BRZ.

8291080900_1a1f232b9f_c.jpg

Takuma: "Your skills are improving. Keep it up, Ricky."

Ricky: "Thanks."

Takuma: "Tomorrow would be the estimated time of finish of the Grand Tour."

Ricky: "I see. I wonder how those two are doing?"

Takuma: "With the new car, I am assuming they are recovering their lost pace. That GT-R will be more than enough."

Ricky: "Sayuki-san is really helpful, huh?"

Takuma: "She's doing her very best to make up for her adoptive father's mistakes."

8291080760_59612224bd_c.jpg

Ricky: "I see. But I guess she had done more than enough."

8290021129_6439a1d5c9_c.jpg

Then they let the car rest at the pits. Suddenly, Ricky sees that black GT-R again.

8290022487_d37fb3aa9a_c.jpg

Ricky: "It's that GT-R again!"

Takuma: "Huh?"

8291081798_92ec3ce87f_c.jpg

Ricky: "I saw it the other day in London! It's very mean and aggressive, with its wide body kit and that huge rear spoiler!"

8290022135_fd926315b7_c.jpg

8291081532_9749f7aa27_c.jpg

8291081348_0b1a58d127_c.jpg

Takuma: "Anyhow, let's just head to the cafe nearby. I'm hungry."

Ricky: "Me too. Let's go."

They leave the track and that black GT-R continues to set lap times.

An hour later, the black GT-R also stops by at the cafe, with its driver stepping out.

8291081220_868257da75_c.jpg

When Ricky and Takuma head out from the restaurant, the mysterious driver approaches them.

8290021601_5f1ed424b9_c.jpg

Takuma: "Who are you?"

"Watashi wa Yamauchi...

...Kazunori desu. Douzo yoroshiku onegaishimasu. Anata tachi wa Dream Alliance no menba desu ka? Watashi wa Kanonji Takanori wo mitsukete imasu."

(I am Kazunori Yamauchi. Nice to meet you. Are you Dream Alliance members? I am looking for Takanori Kanonji)

End of Page 13

Last edited:
Takanori vs. Kazunori will happen in the Nurburgring 24 hour race.

Now, let us see who among those GT-R fanatics will come out on top. :sly:

Page 14 - Kindred Spirits

Ricky: "Pardon me, you're Kazunori Yamauchi!?"

Kazunori: "Hai."

Kazunori removes his helmet, and Takuma recognizes him.

Takuma: "Hontouni Yamauchi Kazunori da na. Shikashi, naze Takanori ni aitai no?"

("You really are Kazunori Yamauchi. But, why do you want to meet Takanori?")

Kazunori: "Nurburgring 24 Hours ni Takanori to issho ni hashiritai desu. Sore dake desu."

("I want to race with Takanori in the Nurburgring 24 Hours. That's all.")

Kazunori just leaves them, with Ricky bewildered.

Ricky: "I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but he's the Kazunori Yamauchi?"

Takuma: "Of course. Takanori would love hearing this. After all, he's an avid Gran Turismo player. But you know, I smell an epic showdown."

Ricky: "Epic showdown?"

Takuma: "Those two are GT-R fanatics. It would really be interesting to see those two race."

Ricky: "But that Kazunori guy just popped out of nowhere..."

Takuma: "Takanori's skills are great enough to attract someone like Kazunori. I'm sure Takanori will have a great time meeting the Gran Turismo's creator."

Ricky: "The Nurburgring 24 Hours race... it's just around the corner. Man, things are moving fast now, aren't they?"

Takuma: "After this Grand Tour event, we've got to get moving and prepare ourselves. We are facing against veterans in the 24 hour race."

Ricky: "Yeah."

And so the next day in London, crowds are awaiting for the racers to arrive as it is estimated that the race will finish this day. The event organizers and the host are present as well, and some streets in the city are closed to give way for the participants.

Eager to meet Takanori, Kazunori arrives and drives through the route. The crowd thinks that he's a participant and thus the winner of the race.

8294151364_a3a5da524e_c.jpg

8293095929_b6eb93026e_c.jpg

He finds a space to park his GT-R and then joins the crowd in watching.

8294150930_14e513ff68_c.jpg

Kazunori: "I think Takanori-san will arrive here first, so I must be here now. I'm very much eager to meet him..."

Moments later, Takanori's GT-R now arrives, speeding through the streets of the city.

8294150702_df6b1bc278_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "We have arrived in London. We made it."

8293095215_11fd311505_c.jpg

Takanori: "Judging by the crowd we're seeing, I guess this is the finish. I hope we are the first team to arrive."

Hiroyuki: "Just believe in yourself, Takanori. I saw your very best in this whole duration of the race. And we got to know more about ourselves. Now, one last push, Michiharu!"

8294150308_fa5bf220f3_c.jpg

Takanori: "FOR THE WIN!!!"

8293094801_391bd56324_c.jpg

Takanori steps harder on the accelerator upon seeing the finish line. The crowds cheer wildly as they see his car roaring through the home straight to the finish line.

8293428427_ff2d794a8b_c.jpg

Takanori: "We did it! We crossed the line!"

Confetti scatters all throughout as crowds welcome the winner. Ricky and Takuma are in the crowd as well.

Ricky: "We won!"

Takuma: "Nice looking GT-R.

Takanori is baffled upon seeing the confetti and the crowd around them.

Takanori: "Huh!? We won?"

Hiroyuki: "If we didn't, then why do we have attracted a crowd?"

Upon getting out of the car, the host gives Takanori a gold trophy and a gold medal for winning the race. Takanori then raises up his fist.

Hiroyuki: "That may look plain, but that's Michiharu's winning pose."

He looks up at the sky.

Hiroyuki: "Michiharu, I'm very glad to work with your son in his team. You have raised a very great person. I wish I am like you, a great father."

Suddenly, Kazunori approaches Takanori while the latter is being interviewed.

Kazunori: "Excuse me, are you Takanori Kanonji?"

Takanori: "Kazunori Yamauchi-san!? Whoa! This is really a great day! I really want to meet you!"

Kazunori: "Me too. But the real reason why I'm here is because...

...I am your opponent."

Takanori: "Opponent?"

Kazunori: "Yes. I am one of your opponents in the upcoming Nurburgring 24 Hour race. Knowing your racing skills both in virtual and actual racing makes me have high expectations from you."

Takanori shows a grin on his face.

Takanori: "Heh, I will never disappoint you, Kazunori-san. Don't hold back!"

Kazunori: "That's what I want to hear. You know, you and I are kindred spirits."

Takanori: "I agree..."

The two then shake hands.

End of Page 14

Last edited:
Page 15 - Tension

A week later, the Dream Alliance heads to the Nurburgring Nordschleife to start their practice session. While Axel and his mechanic crew are busy working on the GT-R, the four are discussing matters.

Hiroyuki: "We can't use the whole 24 hour layout of the track. The Nordschleife loop is only open for the day."

Ricky: "Hmmmm.... though the Nordschleife loop is more difficult to master than the GP layout of the Nurburgring. So somehow, we have to focus a bit more on this section."

Takuma: "For now though, we will use your father's Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Ricky. Though you may find it irrelevant since the GT-R and the Vantage are two different animals."

Takanori: "But the V12 Vantage is fun to drive! In fact, its suspension settings are tuned for this track! So, shall we go, Ricky?"

Ricky: "Okay, Takanori-san. But I'll try my best not to crash that thing."

8294819195_5d44f82584_c.jpg

Ricky then drives the Vantage with Takanori at the passenger seat. Takanori notices improvements on Ricky's skill.

Takanori: "His accelerator and steering inputs are more controlled than before. Perhaps his experience at that rally race back then has taught him a lot."

8295871004_106c5a5e6c_c.jpg

Ricky: "Impressive handling, Takanori-san. The car just steers to whatever direction you point to. The oversteer is manageable, though you'd pay the price for that by experiencing a bit of a harsh ride. As a car magazine editor, I have driven lots of cars, and this is one of the best."

8294818895_7fd0ce3d47_c.jpg

Takanori: "Really? I also drove this car in this track too; and it was one hell of an experience. Your father bought this car for the sole purpose of mastering the Nurburgring."

Ricky: "Why buy a One-77? Why get a DBS? You could have fun in this thing already, and this is the best-handling Aston Martin I've ever driven!"

8295870764_710980fa32_c.jpg

The V12 Vantage clears the Karrusell hairpin at 90 km/h, something that made Takanori impressed.

Takanori: "Only a few would dare clear that hairpin at 90 km/h above."

Ricky: "Hah! Those imbeciles and scaredy-cats!"

8295870610_4f5b082297_c.jpg

Takanori: "Ricky has changed. He's not a car magazine editor anymore...

8295870442_e049b6c017_c.jpg

8294818285_94f39e5408_c.jpg

...but he is Ben McCarthy!"

8294818123_20722c891c_c.jpg

Ricky: "The gear ratios are shortened too, similar to the DBS."

8294817971_6a51451e2a_c.jpg

The car completes a lap of 7 minutes and 15 seconds flat, 3 seconds faster than Takanori's lap time.

Takanori: "Whoa! You're faster than me by 3 seconds! Impressive, Ben-san!"

Ricky: "R-Really!? Man, I love this car a lot."

Takanori: "If your father is alive, then he would not allow me to eat supper tonight."

Ricky: "Hahahahaha!"

They return to the pit area. Suddenly, they see Kazunori and his team setting up their GT-R as well.

Takanori: "It's him."

Then he imagines a large blue aura surrounding Kazunori. Takanori is filled with tension.

Takanori: "He's.... going to be a very tough opponent. He won the last year's 24 hour race! He has tons of experience on this track! He had probably done a thousand laps here!"

At the same time though, Kazunori also looks at Takanori, with a large red aura surrounding Takanori.

Kazunori: "I think he will be the toughest opponent I'll face in my life. He had raced on the tracks more than I ever did.

Then he gets in another GT-R for him to use in practice.

8294817835_ea8a2915de_c.jpg

Kazunori: "Even in today's practice session, there is a lot of tension already."

8294817633_3d1a6a2498_c.jpg

Kazunori: "Takanori Kanonji, you are once an avid follower of mine, now your dreams have taken you to what you are today. I am very honored to race you as my opponent."

8294817411_1702d6260d_c.jpg

Kazunori: "But witness the skills of my GT Academy graduates! They also have a similar beginning as yours. I, and the whole GT Academy team will take the trophy once again! Are you ready, Takanori?"

End of Page 15

Page 16 - Advice

Takanori just looks at Kazunori's GT Academy team. He instantly recognizes the members who will race for the team.

Takanori: "Lucas Ordoñez, Yasukichi Yamamoto, and Tobias Schulze! That's a powerhouse team!"

Takuma: "Take note, Lucas has a similar background as you have. He also started out as a GT5 player."

Takanori: "Yeah. Man, competition is really tough. I can feel a lot of tension!"

Takuma: "I know you can beat 'em, especially Kaz. Oh, beat him soundly for me, okay? I just don't like too many GT-Rs in Gran Turismo."

Takanori: "Hahahahaha! Will do! If I ever race against him, though. Besides I don't know who's the first driver to race in our team."

Takuma: "We'll sort that out later. For now, let us help Axel set up our GT-R."

Kazunori's blue GT-R arrives. Kazunori steps out and approaches the twins.

Kazunori: "Takanori-san, can you ride with me?"

Takanori: "Eh? Why?"

Kazunori: "I want to know my fans a lot more. Plus, I'll give you an advice."

Takuma: "What is this? An opponent helping us?"

Takanori: "Nah, don't worry, Aniki. Besides, I want to really get to know Yamauchi-san. Shall we go?"

Kazunori: "It's a pleasure."

After the brakes have been cooled down and new set of sports tires have been installed, Kazunori and Takanori get in the GT-R and set off.

Kazunori: "It's really thrilling to have one of my fans at the passenger seat right now."

Takanori: "Me too. I'm so thrilled!"

8296700772_6b390a66f3_c.jpg

Takanori: "But that's really odd. We're opponents, right? Why are you planning to give me an advice?"

8296700584_a7706a8b70_c.jpg

Kazunori: "My way of saying thanks to my avid fans of my games. Besides, this is your first time to participate in this prestigious race, right?"

8295651749_a9e424f00a_c.jpg

Takanori: "Yes."

8295651569_a449fde21f_c.jpg

Kazunori: "Then I am not allowing you to suffer so badly. That's why I'm doing this."

8296700100_4789fdabf7_c.jpg

Takanori: "You must have mastered this track a thousand times. You have an excellent racing line, Kazunori-san."

8295651253_7845612ebc_c.jpg

Kazunori: "One lap of the Nurburgring already stresses your car's chassis. What more if you're doing it for 24 hours?"

8296699772_651a78c200_c.jpg

Kazunori: "The Nurburgring slowly kills your car every kilometer it passes."

8295650883_ae3a3b3d1b_c.jpg

Kazuori: "Like this Karrusell hairpin. This damages your car's undercarriage already."

8296699478_1d3a29650d_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa, he knows the intricacies of the Nurburgring!"

8296699302_a2beaf0fdb_c.jpg

Kazunori: "Strategy plays a vital role in the race. And expect mechanical problems along the way."

8295650439_c1aa1e48fd_c.jpg

Kazunori completes the lap in 7 minutes and 4 seconds.

Takanori: "Whoa.... doing it in the sub 10 second range is just uncanny! I'm with a deity here!"

Kazunori: "I wish you good luck, Kanonji-san. I'm sure you will be a very difficult opponent!"

End of Page 16

Back