The Dream Alliance: Chapter 4; Page 23 - A New Road Ahead

Page 4 - British Engineering

Takanori and Takuma are on their way to Route 5. They are cruising at high speed at Route 7 get there quickly.

8257209918_d083f05b93_c.jpg

Takanori: "Aniki, can't you go any faster? I want to see the outcome of the race!"

Takuma: "We have rules, dummy. If I put the pedal down, then cops will surely visit us at the house."

Takanori: "Just floor it!"

Takuma: "All right. But if we get caught, you will be the one paying the fines."

Takanori: "Fine by me, then! Hurry!"

With a sigh, Takuma puts the pedal to the metal. The RX-7's 3 rotor engine roars loudly while speeding.

8256140047_358ffe4ac6_c.jpg

Hiroyuki and Zhang have entered Route 5.

8256137647_709e83922b_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I think this is where this little rascal will shine."

8257207290_a72181379c_c.jpg

Zhang: "I am The Dragon of Route 5! No one can touch me here! I shall teach you a lesson!"

8257207100_19eb3792eb_c.jpg

Zhang: "This TVR has over 500 HP! The best part is, that it's weighs 880 kilograms! This puts it in league of hypercars!"

8257206934_7165fefd8c_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I praise you for your determination and pride, but there is one real reason why I did not let you in my team back then."

8256137069_8ffb074a44_c.jpg

Hiroyuki manages to catch a glimpse of Zhang's TVR at the corners.

Hiroyuki: "See?"

Hiroyuki: "You may have all the firepower, but..."

8257206640_973b694207_c.jpg

Zhang: "This is the start of the real battle. First lap! Now, can you join the battle, Hiroyuki?"

After a few corners, Zhang is surprised to see Hiroyuki's Elise hot on his car's tail.

8256136783_4668d9cb9f_c.jpg

Zhang: "What!? I should have completely outran you! How could this be?"

8257206298_7cce0c2efb_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You see, the mid-engined layout of the Elise is another recipe why it has been a favorite track toy. The balance, along with its lightness, make it a perfect machine for supercar hunting. The turns of Route 5 favors the Elise very well, don't you think? And now, allow me to answer your question why I rejected you."

He simply nudges the rear end of the TVR. As a result, the TVR loses its control, but Zhang manages to catch it with countersteer.

8256136495_d244a30e06_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I hope that answers your question."

Zhang: "Damn you... nice move."

End of Page 4

Autumn Ring, Special Stage Route 5, Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.

On the Nurburgring though, the TVR is faster. :P

Would you mind telling me what times both cars got? I'm trying to do a little experiment to see if i can tune a tuscan well.

lbpomg95
Would you mind telling me what times both cars got? I'm trying to do a little experiment to see if i can tune a tuscan well.

I ran these cars with the ff. settings:

ASM, TCS, SRF, and Active Steering are OFF. They are equipped with Sport Soft Tires.

And here are their lap times:

Special Stage Route 5:

Elise: 1:23.829
Tuscan Speed 6: 1:25.884

Autumn Ring:

Elise: 1:19.358
Tuscan Speed 6: 1:21.172

Twin Ring Motegi Road Course:

Elise: 1:57.983
Tuscan Speed 6: 1:58.831

Nurburgring Nordschleife:

Elise: 7:00.936
Tuscan Speed 6: 6:59.260

Next page will be posted later.

Page 5 - Settled

The twins arrive at the starting point. A few people have gathered to witness the race, though.

Takanori: "Whew, we made it!"

Takuma: "People are surprisingly few here."

Takanori: "Well, not everyone knows this race."

Takuma: "Hmmmm... I saw some skid marks on Route 7. Could that be that they have started the race there?"

Takanori: "If that's the case, then Hiroyuki-san would be behind! But knowing what Route 5 is, then this is the place where he can make up for the Elise's modest power output."

Takuma: "But the TVR is also light. Actually, both the Elise and the Tuscan are proper track-day toys. It all now depends on the driver skill."

Takanori: "Yeah. I hope Hiroyuki-san wins! Show 'em what a legend can do!"

Back in the race, Hiroyuki's Elise is slowly spreading gap thanks to its cornering prowess.

8256136313_64b9c61682_c.jpg

Zhang: "Impressive cornering! Didn't expect that the Elise could pack a punch."

8257205786_699215e51c_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Hmph... persistent, aren't you? I guess you haven't found it out yet."

8257205642_a4fb508bc7_c.jpg

At the main straight, the TVR obviously keeps up easily thanks to its power and its slipstream.

8256135849_7d605d33e7_c.jpg

Zhang: "It's the final lap! Time to witness the Dragon of Route 5!"

Takanori: "Hiroyuki-san's in the lead!"

Takuma: "Hmph. But not for long. The Elise will suffer in the straights."

8257204994_534ff4f319_c.jpg

8257204832_f63c314b15_c.jpg

Hiroyuki seems unaffected, and in fact he just shows a grin on his face.

Hiroyuki: "Oh well, go ahead."

Zhang: "From here on, there'll be no playing games. Don't keep your eyes off me, as you'll see the Dragon flying through."

But then at the hairpin, the Tuscan's brakes locked up and sends the car out of the corner, creating a big opening for Hiroyuki to pass.

8257204708_e78e380fe3_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "See? You push yourself way too hard."

Then Hiroyuki sees a pair of taillights up ahead. Then he lets the car drift at the next corner.

8256135015_3d7ae75b14_c.jpg

The Demio's driver immediately stepped on the brakes upon seeing the Elise drifting by in order to avoid accident. The smoke from the Elise's drift blocked Zhang's vision and he suddenly is about to hit the traffic car.

8257204378_981db84213_c.jpg

Zhang: "Woah!"

8256134725_9baf6655e3_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Heh. What an irony..."

8257204012_83812e9e50_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "The real reason why I didn't accept you in my team before is..."

8257203876_8f45e146c0_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Because you lack the skill of controlling the car! You don't have the balls of controlling something way over 500 HP! Your TVR has no driver aids at all, that's why you locked up your brakes a while back. And you are also chickening off the throttle, that's why I can keep up at the corners."

8256134239_2ce3228450_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You are fond of taking cars to their maximum potential, yet you don't have the skill of backing it up. The car and driver should match!"

8256134143_e7c9eb5ac1_c.jpg

Takanori: "Look, the Elise is way far ahead!"

Takuma: "Hmph. That is to be expected from Hiroyuki-san."

Hiroyuki: "It's over, Zhang. I am better than you..."

Then the two cars stop at the tunnel. Then the drivers just come out, with Hiroyuki slowly approaching Zhang. Hiroyuki reaches out his right hand, aiming for Zhang's new eye.

Zhang: "Will he really do it!?"

But instead, Hiroyuki pats on Zhang's shoulder.

Hiroyuki: "This is the end. And deal with it."

Zhang: "Why? Why can't I ever beat you?"

Hiroyuki: "It's simple. You don't have the skill of controlling that TVR. Sure, the TVR is a beast on the track, only if you know how to drive it. It was built without any driver aids. Driver's cars are meant to be driven with respect. That skirmish a while ago, that had shown your weakness. Even though you haven't crashed to that traffic car, it took you a while to regain control of your car."

Zhang: "Dammit!"

Hiroyuki: "But I had fun tonight. Now that it's settled, let's just forget that we met. I wish you a good life. Farewell."

Hiroyuki returns to his car and drives off.

Zhang: "Hiroyuki... You are a great man. You will be the greatest racer mankind has ever known... I have to concede."

End of Page 5

👍

After testing both of them myself... I like the TVR's feel better. I don't know why, though...

Easier to drive/looks better/doesn't sound like a tin can in a washing machine?

Whatever the case, I tested both cars at Autumn Ring, where the Lotus is likely to have the biggest advantage, because of lack of straights. Both were tested with racing soft tyres since I'm used to them, and with sports soft tyres, like RCKakashi had.

With racing soft tyres, the Lotus achieved 1:11.707
with sports soft tyres, the Lotus achieved 1:16.158

With racing soft tyres, the TVR achieved 1:11.130
With sports soft tyres, the TVR achieved 1:17.107

This was done with a controller. No driving aids except ABS on 1 were used.

I also tested both cars with racing soft tyres on SSR5. TVR was faster by 1.021 seconds.

It's really odd that the TVR would really handle good on Racing Soft tires. I'm really used on driving with Sport Soft tires in most races.

But still, I'd pick the Elise because I like its handling better than the TVR's, and I can troll supercars with it at the Supercar Festival seasonal event. :D

It's really odd that the TVR would really handle good on Racing Soft tires. I'm really used on driving with Sport Soft tires in most races.

But still, I'd pick the Elise because I like its handling better than the TVR's, and I can troll supercars with it at the Supercar Festival seasonal event. :D

Trolling them in an Elise is all very well and good but the real fun comes when you do so in a Volvo.

With the tyres, though, the Elise still pulled pretty much the same G's on sports soft, while the tuscan was noticeably worse. I tend to use racing soft just to go as fast as possible in a game that doesn't give a great sense of speed.

I can drive with sports soft, as the times I achieved show, though I'm not exactly used to them. Might be why the Elise, a more accessible car if you will, did better.

Page 6 - Training Ground

A few days later after that street race, Takanori calls the members of the team and meet at the Kanonji Mochi shop at closing time. However, Hiroyuki is not yet present, and the three just wait for him.

Takanori: "Hiroyuki-san is late. I wonder where is he? Did he race again?"

Takuma: "I'm sure Zhang did not have plans for a rematch. Hey, Nobuhiko is just as tardy as his father."

Ricky: "Like father, like son eh?"

Takanori: "At any rate, we should be heading to Europe in preparation for the Nurburgring 24 Hour race."

Takuma: "Yeah, but we have been invited to other races which are piled up before that major event. So somehow, they serve as a practice."

Takanori: "Man... we have tons of stuff to do, huh?"

Then they hear a loud exhaust note of the Elise. Takanori heads out to meet Hiroyuki. He is greeted by shock upon seeing the car's new color.

8260410707_e74f009bd5_c.jpg

Takanori: "Racing Green?"

Hiroyuki: "Yep. And any Lotus looks good on that color."

Takanori: "It still looks good, though."

Hiroyuki: "Don't worry, I kept your favorite number. Hehehehe..."

Takanori: "Favorite number, you say?"

Hiroyuki: "I'm sure you're enjoying it, aren't you?"

Takanori: "Hehehehehe.... let's just get in. It's cold here."

When the two get in, they immediately start the meeting. Hiroyuki has with him a paper containing the details of the next race.

Hiroyuki: "Upon arriving in Europe, we will first race in the Grand Tour."

Takanori: "The Grand Tour?"

Hiroyuki: "It will start from Toscana, Italy and will end in London, U.K."

Ricky: "What car are we using for that?"

Hiroyuki: "It will still be that Elise. It's a great all-around machine to play with. And I tuned it in anticipation for that race."

Takuma: "I think the Elise would be a suitable weapon. Europe has lots of winding roads."

Hiroyuki: "And the race will serve as our practice. The experience learned will be useful in the Nurburgring 24 hour race."

Takanori: "Europe, here we come!"

They eventually arrived in Italy and once again stayed in Alessandro Rossi's house. After putting things in order, Hiroyuki and Takanori set out with the Elise with the latter behind the wheel.

8261486564_b32bcc859f_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You are also very familiar with the roads here, huh? Your father used to hone his skills here with his Alfa Romeo TZ2."

8261485416_610366fc59_c.jpg

Upon approaching the next corner, Takanori quickly performs the heel-and-toe footwork and downshifts. He turns the car and it hugs the inside line.

8261484296_a9d5b4e939_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hmmmm... it's a bit more stable now."

Hiroyuki: "I strengthened its LSD and fiddled with the suspension settings. Then I also strengthened the front brakes."

Takanori: "Before, the car would just snap without warning. Now, I am more confident in taking the turns with this little monster!"

8260413659_b1af94d8c8_c.jpg

8261482478_910785f97e_c.jpg

Hiroyuki briefly observes Takanori's footwork.

Hiroyuki: "You have improved your accelerator control as well. Good work, Michiharu."

8261481268_e99070fc15_c.jpg

Takanori: "Thanks."

Hiroyuki: "You think you can make your father proud once again? The Grand Tour back then was a defining moment in my team's history. Though the route was the other way around, from London to Toscana, it was a big break for us. The three of us were like brothers during that race. And Michiharu delivered the coup' de grace in this very road."

Takanori: "Really? Then I must have some big shoes to fill in. I won't let my father down! And I guess your glory days will start here and now!"

End of Page 6

Page 7 - The Heil Sisters

At evening after eating supper, Hiroyuki heads out to catch some air and as well as puff out a cigarette. Takanori joins him and looks at the starry sky.

Hiroyuki: "2 days from now, it would be the big day. Are you ready?"

Takanori: "Yeah. But I'm also nervous at the same time."

Hiroyuki: "You? Really? Your father wasn't like that. He may be quiet, but he does not show any sign of nervousness at all."

Takanori: "That's one kind of trait that I want to have."

Hiroyuki: "Hmph. You'll have that soon; and you're nearing it. Your outspoken attitude is one thing your father doesn't have. You know, you and your twin represent the two sides of your father. You represent his determination to win and his caring aura, while Takuma represents your father's cunning tactics and his silent demeanor."

Takanori: "Really? Well, how about you?"

Hiroyuki: "Hmph... I can tell you my life story during that race. We've got a lot of road."

Takanori: "I'm excited."

Hiroyuki: "The race requires a team of two. So, you and I will join, and then you'll get to know more about me."

Takanori: "Perfect!"

Then Ricky heads out as well, joining the conversation.

Ricky: "It's rather cold out here."

Hiroyuki: "Ricky, you're not as harsh as your father was. I'm rather disappointed."

Ricky: "But I don't want ending up hurting other people with harsh words."

Hiroyuki: "Your father used to spite me. He used to call me an idiot, and his spiteful tongue is what motivated the team to win."

Ricky: "Well, I'll try... So, what's the plan.... idiots?"

Hiroyuki: "There, that's Ben McCarthy! Well, you and Takuma will head to U.K. tomorrow and you have to be at the finish line."

Ricky: "Ugh... Roger that. Can't think of a better plan?"

Hiroyuki: "Is that you, Ben?"

Takanori: "Hahahahaha! That's Ben-san, all right!"

Ricky: "I'll tell Takuma-san about the plan. Okay, I'll head upstairs. Good night."

Ricky heads back inside.

Hiroyuki: "How I'd wish Nobuhiko is here with us...."

Takanori: "Me too. He's a very great loss. I was supposed to ask permission to drive his Supra, because I'm very interested in it."

Hiroyuki: "Well, since it's my Supra, then I'll let you use it... if we manage to finish on top."

Takanori: "Challenge accepted."

The next day, at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza Circuit...

8265734387_a48b9d2264_c.jpg

8266803112_15171d0e32_c.jpg

8265734139_ec7f3679ef_c.jpg

8266802824_f541fb8768_c.jpg

Then the purple R8 enters the pit lane. Two blonde females in purple race suits come out of the car. The driver is named as Jessica Heil and her partner is her older sister named Adellina Heil. They hail from Germany and they have arrived in Italy a few days before in order to prepare themselves for the upcoming race.

Jessica: "I like this car more. Did you tune it before we left Germany?"

Adellina: "Of course. We want to be champions again, just like last year."

Jessica: "The R8 is one of the greatest supercars in the world. And no one can touch it last year..."

Adellina: "And let's see if there will be someone worthy enough. I want to have fun too."

The Heil Sister's Audi R8 4.2 FSI quattro R Tronic:

Power: 510 HP
Custom parts:
ECU
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
Increase Rigidity
Carbon Fiber Hood
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Catalytic Converter Sports
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Height-Adjustable Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

Cosmetic Modifications:

GT Wing
Maziora Andromedall paint
SSR Professor VFR1 rims

End of Page 7

Last edited:
I've been lurking around reading this story for a while, and it is excellent.

Any plans to include an appearance by the Corvette C7 prototype in the future?

I've been lurking around reading this story for a while, and it is excellent.

Any plans to include an appearance by the Corvette C7 prototype in the future?

Thanks for reading. And perhaps I could add the Corvette C7 Prototype.

Hmmmm... another sequel, perhaps? I don't know...

Page 8 - The Grand Tour

It's a sunny day at Toscana, and it marks the start of The Grand Tour. Participants from around the world bring their machines varying from hot hatches to supercars. An event is going on, with a host.

"Such a wonderful day! Today is the start of one of the greatest racing events in the world, THE GRAND TOUR!

Oh look! We have lots of participants this year! And as I speak, the race is in progress. According to the organizers, we have 150 participants. Who will get to London first?"

Meanwhile, Takanori and Hiroyuki are waiting for their turn to start. While inspecting the car, Takanori is drinking a can of soda.

Hiroyuki: "You ready for this?"

Takanori: "More than ever!"

Hiroyuki: "Take note, we have 149 opponents to deal with. And long-distance races like these are hard, we even have to stop and check-in in a hotel to rest and we have to make up for that."

Takanori: "So, how do we get to London fast?"

Hiroyuki: "I have a map with me, and I drew the quickest and most possible route that we can take. We'll head north to Rome first, then to the mountains, and then we'll go along the Mediterranean coastline, and then head north to France, and cross the English channel via a train that passes underneath it to get to London."

Takanori: "Seems plausible. And the winding roads are a playground for the Elise!"

Hiroyuki: "Though we also have to observe the speed limits at the Autostrada. Though you can bury your foot on the accelerator at times."

Takanori: "So, we have to tear up the B and the winding roads to gain speed? Kinda ironic, but it does work well considering the car we use."

Hiroyuki: "And there's no specific route that the event laid out. So, everyone is taking various routes."

Takanori: "It's a game of strategy, then?"

And then it's the turn of The Heil Sisters to start.

8269484792_7287327686_c.jpg

The girls first come out of the car and wave hands and do flying kisses.

"Oh look, the last year's champion! Will they manage to defend their honor?The Heil Sisters are very skilled! They are tough to beat, for sure!"

Then they return in the car.

Jessica: "Okay then. Let's win this one again!"

Adellina: "Let's go!"

Then Jessica goes on full throttle. The tuned R8 rockets away.

8269484604_d6d6704422_c.jpg

And it displays astounding cornering speeds at the turns.

8268415715_db574722a4_c.jpg

Jessica: "I love this car's handling."

Then the other competitors have started as well. Takanori scratches his head upon seeing the type of cars they have to deal with.

8269483818_fe47b065d2_c.jpg

8269483552_988259a96c_c.jpg

Takanori: "Man, they're tough. Look at them go!"

8268414607_a8c140875f_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Remember, the Elise can be a troll. They won't expect that car buzzing around their rear-view mirrors."

Then it's their turn. They will start at 140th position.

"Wait, is that...? Hiroyuki Hiramoto? And he's working with Takanori Kanonji of The Dream Alliance! I thought Hiroyuki is dead! With him and Takanori, it will surely be a dynamic duo!"

8268414177_1926c25f2a_c.jpg

Takanori revs the Elise and has his hands grip firmly on the steering wheel as he waits for the signal to go.

Takanori: "We can do it. Right, Nobuhiko?"

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko will surely respond from the heavens..."

And the flag is waved. Takanori releases the clutch and hits the accelerator. The Elise quickly accelerates away.

Then it shows its cornering finesse as well.

8268413593_2a8f083fd2_c.jpg

Takanori: "All right! I'm fired up!"

8269482056_b414e7b56f_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Michiharu, it's been a long time since we parted ways. Now, I am happy working with you once again. Let's do this!"

8269481804_3c6744f523_c.jpg

Takanori: "Heh. I'll just do what I am supposed to do. To win..."

8269481550_8b9f9ed1c5_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "That's the response I haven't heard for a very long time. That's your father's catchphrase."

End of Page 8

Page 9 - An Impending Obstacle

The Heil Sisters have just exited from Rome and are tearing up at the hills nearby.

8270057122_e487a6790f_c.jpg

Jessica: "The grip is just unbelievable. I think this is the best-handling 4WD car in the world."

Adellina: "The quattro 4WD system has always been the benchmark."

Then the car leaps at high speed.

Jessica: "Whoooooo!!!"

8270056662_44f84982c2_c.jpg

8270056272_bbcbf28c60_c.jpg

Adellina: "Oh, have you heard?"

Jessica: "What?"

Adellina: "That Takanori Kanonji has also joined the race."

Jessica: "Interesting. I have heard of his racing prowess. I hope he could give us fun. Any idea on what car he's driving?"

Adellina: "That, I do not know. Besides, we started the race far ahead from him, so I don't know what car he's running."

8268989915_71a92f9c30_c.jpg

Jessica: "Let's see if he can match this R8 on winding roads."

8270055150_045a734675_c.jpg

Adellina: "Pretty soon, we'll be out from Italy."

Meanwhile, Takanori and Hiroyuki are at Rome, rising up through the ranks as they speed along the cobblestone roads.

8268993361_94e053a6a0_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Looking good so far."

Takanori: "All right! We're climbing up! The Elise is such a great all-around machine!"

Then the overtakes some opponents that even have more horsepower.

8270058718_aaff1959cf_c.jpg

8268992399_33309c683f_c.jpg

Takanori: "I guess being small and light are also effective in racing, huh?"

Hiroyuki: "Your father's Alfa Romeo TZ2 has the same traits of this Elise has. And it really blitzed through the competition."

Takanori: "I'm now interested in driving cars like this. I have always been stuck in driving powerhouse machines."

Takanori impresses the crowd by performing a smokey drift at the next corner.

8270057860_3c5eb638ed_c.jpg

Takanori: "And it's fun to play with it!"

8270057506_0009f4116d_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Okay, stay on that road and we'll be heading out of Rome. We'll be taking another B-road and we'll look for a hotel to stay for a night."

Takanori: "Roger that!"

However, little do they know that the car's oil and water temperature gauges display critical levels of heat...

End of Page 9

Back