The Earth is Flat?

• Thread starter Corsa
  • 1,439 comments
You just haven't met the right lady. I don't think she's from this Earth though, only the flat one. ;)
I thought women were supposed to be from Venus. Hopefully not just the flat ones, however.

My brain goes to wanting to make a joke that incorporates the Queen song lyric "Fat bottomed girls, they make the rockin' world go round" and play on the "round" bit and that fat bottomed girls aren't "flat" but I'm not that clever

hqdefault.jpg

You posted flat, circular pictures from literally the top result of the most basic Google Search to prove that the other planets aren't flat. Even as weak points go, that's weak. So is "come here and look at the flat circles in my telescope". Flat-Earthers aren't convinced by actual data, and explain away any curvature they actually see with their own eyes as lens aberration... so how do you think "look at these eight flat circles" going to hold up?

Not bad for a Administrator who write a whole lot of garbage, and your toy telescope is :lol: and Weak.

Who knew that there was such a thing as astronomy gatekeepers?
Not bad for a Administrator who write a whole lot of garbage, and your toy telescope is :lol: and Weak.
Do you have some issues with reading comprehension, critical thinking, or civility?

Posting flat pictures of planets, and "I can see them through my telescope", are exceptionally weak evidence for non-flat planets - especially given that Flat Earthers reject actual real evidence of spherical bodies. There's nothing "garbage" about it, apart from the concept that it's evidence - or that you think it is.

Last edited:
You're underestimating the ability of Flat Earthers to "think different".
Oh, so they do have the ability to think different in the first place, after all? I'm quite surprised because I didn't even knew that back then.

I'm impressed that he build that rocket all by himself.

Yesterday I saw a clip of the failed take-off and the crash. His last moments must have been terrifying. :(

Last edited:
I certainly won't be studying Uranus with it any time soon.

What about Mars, if I recall the Queen-at-the-Planetarium joke correctly?

Yesterday I saw a clip of the failed take-off and the crash. His last moments must have been terrifying.

I agree with that, and that's sad in itself regardless of how ridiculously misguided his mission may have been.

Wasn't the guy an off-and-on professional stuntman? He must have been something of a daredevil, perhaps enjoying edgy ideas like his own immortality and flat Earth.

Do we really want him to ‘rest in peace’?

Yes, because simply holding idiotic views like the earth being flat isn’t enough to make him a terrible person.

Posts like yours make me embarrassed to be on this forum to be honest.

Yes, because simply holding idiotic views like the earth being flat isn’t enough to make him a terrible person.

Posts like yours make me embarrassed to be on this forum to be honest.

If it make you feel better, as an atheist I don't believe that he's resting anyway :gtpflag:

(though I think the second sentence of my post added context, I wasn't suggesting by being 'restless' he was a 'terrible person')

If it make you feel better, as an atheist I don't believe that he's resting anyway :gtpflag:

It’s certainly possible to be both atheist and respectful to those that have passed.

(though I think the second sentence of my post added context, I wasn't suggesting by being 'restless' he was a 'terrible person')

If anything your context makes it worse. When you say you hope someone doesn’t rest in piece you are saying you hope their soul never finds rest because of bad things they did when alive.

It’s certainly possible to be both atheist and respectful to those that have passed.
Why do I have to respect someone dead I would never have respected when they where alive?

If anything your context makes it worse. When you say you hope someone doesn’t rest in piece you are saying you hope their soul never finds rest because of bad things they did when alive.
I wish you'd make up your mind... First I'm saying he was a terrible person (for presumably continuing to push an anti-intellectual narrative and conspiracy theories) and now I'm saying something even worse about something I don't believe in?

Also, my original post was a question ...should I not be able to question phrases I don't believe in and that don't cause any actual harm to anyone (bar offence)?

Why do I have to respect someone dead I would never have respected when they where alive?

Seems like it’s the sort of thing that comes with being a decent human being.

I wish you'd make up your mind... First I'm saying he was a terrible person (for presumably continuing to push an anti-intellectual narrative and conspiracy theories) and now I'm saying something even worse about something I don't believe in?

I’m trying to clarify why exactly I have an issue with what you said. I’m not sure how much clearer I can make it.

Also, my original post was a question ...should I not be able to question phrases I don't believe in and that don't cause any actual harm to anyone (bar offence)?

Your original post was a thinly veiled insult. Just because you are on a high horse doesn’t give you the right to spit on those you deem to be below you.

I’m trying to clarify why exactly I have an issue with what you said. I’m not sure how much clearer I can make it.

Your original post was a thinly veiled insult. Just because you are on a high horse doesn’t give you the right to spit on those you deem to be below you.
To be fair, just because you found what he said offensive doesnt mean he doesnt have the right to "spit in those below him" either.

Guess that makes me indecent then??

Would you have been this upset if I’d said ‘rest in pieces’ ?

It wasn’t an insult, I don’t have a high horse and you just called me indecent?

Further edit:
It’s so odd to me that, of all the racism and homophobia that’s been posted in this section in the not so distance past, the Islamophobia.. all that hate, yet the worst thing you’ve seen is someone questioning the sanctity of a flat earther’s ‘soul’ ?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how many of you have SiriusXM, but on the All Out Show on Shade45 yesterday, they replayed the interview of Mad Mike. If you have Sirius you can probably look it up on demand, but it's definitely NSFW or for anyone who gets offended.

The dude was clearly off his rocker, but it's a really interesting interview to see how he viewed the world.

Back