The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Here is a guide to help you get cars faster!

Who cares about GRINDING?! pffftttt
How does THIS make the game fun?! pffftttt

:lol:

They wanted this game to have longevity and such they put an absurdly high level cap. That I understand and respect, although having a trophy for hitting said level cap is a bit ridiculous.

Doesn't seem THAT high, it's only a few months after launch and I'm mid 30's level wise.
I've done zero grinding and not that many Sport events. Seems fair to me that it'll probably take till the end of this year to max it out if they are planning lots of DLC/updates to the game, assuming I don't grind it all out. To be honest, the level cap in GT5 seemed like a bigger mountain to climb than the one in Sport does.

To be honest, the level cap in GT5 seemed like a bigger mountain to climb than the one in Sport does.

Don't remind me, I still haven't made it to level 40 in that game (Why did they have to get rid of the login bonus).

You need 2343707XP to hit level 50. If we assume perfect conditions with the first event, not only consistently winning every time, but also getting the clean race bonus every time, and we cut out any setup/after-race downtime from our calculatons, you get 204.545XP per minute.

This works out to about 191 hours of constant grinding to get to level 50. If you grinded for three hours straight every day, it would take you over two months to hit level 50.

Only if you are starting from level 0 though, right? I'd guess many people here are starting out above level 20.

Thanks for the tips, I shall get to these after doing 322 Sport races. Really still enjoying the online racing for the time being.

Of course, I expect the Level 50 cap to have been set with it in mind that more races and events will be added to the game over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't seem THAT high, it's only a few months after launch and I'm mid 30's level wise.
I've done zero grinding and not that many Sport events. Seems fair to me that it'll probably take till the end of this year to max it out if they are planning lots of DLC/updates to the game, assuming I don't grind it all out. To be honest, the level cap in GT5 seemed like a bigger mountain to climb than the one in Sport does.

If you're level 35, you're at about 160,000 XP, or 6.66% of the way to level 50.

At this rate, you should be level 50 by mid-2021, or three and a half years or so.

Only if you are starting from level 0 though, right? I'd guess many people here are starting out above level 20.

If you're level 20, you have about 18,000 XP, or 0.75% of the way to level 50.

At this rate, you should be level 50 by 2050, or a little over 33 years.

If you're level 35, you're at about 160,000 XP, or 6.66% of the way to level 50.

At this rate, you should be level 50 by mid-2021, or three and a half years or so.

Right... but with more content coming, I'll have more and more to do and play...
This might come as a shock, but there isn't a massive amount to do in GT: Sport at the moment. The single player content is lacking and the Sport mode features three races and two destruction derby's.

I don't really care if people want to grind for the trophy, but if they plan on having GT: Sport last the duration, having long term goals you need to commit to achieving, don't seem that bad...

Right... but with more content coming, I'll have more and more to do and play...
This might come as a shock, but there isn't a massive amount to do in GT: Sport at the moment. The single player content is lacking and the Sport mode features three races and two destruction derby's.

I don't really care if people want to grind for the trophy, but if they plan on having GT: Sport last the duration, having long term goals you need to commit to achieving, don't seem that bad...

Maybe not. I'm not even arguing that it's necessarily bad, but it is an absolutely massive grind.

Good tips here, when I don't want to race in Sport, I usually go for a time-trial on the Ring, but setting the custom-race as the OP mentioned and get some rewards in the mix, winner! :D

Thanks!

How does this make GTS enjoyable to race? A Gt86 against LMP1 and Vision GT's? Really? Is that how one's supposed to enjoy this game?

I am now at level 25 and lost all interest in going any further in the game. Luckily there are other options out there.
I don't make any mention of enjoyability. However, try one of the other two methods if you wish - they're faster for XP and money accumulation and involve the AI a lot more closely. The method using an N399 KTM on RSS tyres at Tokyo Expressway is actually a great deal of fun, and worth 8,250XP in 12 minutes if you keep it clean.
Blue Moon Bay, the Dodge Tomahawk Technology and a tie wrap around the controller gas pedal is all I need. :)
That gets you barely any XP (about 360 for an hour's "driving"), but is good for Mi.
That news....really??
Showing the "audience" how to cheat and win by tricks?
"Raise the fuel consumption to x10 for win the race" Thats the Spirit of GT-S!
I wonder why the news-dude dont show all the glitch videos from youtube......instead of this "News".
Hi there. News-dude here.

I'm sure that you noticed that there were three methods described in the post, and only one - the slowest - uses the fuel consumption slider. I'm sure that you noticed that in the second one I referred to the previous as a "slightly loaded Nurburgring Custom Race", and in the third I say "If plodding around an oval, or beating a fuel-starved field over a single lap, isn’t your thing".

Since you use "tricks" in the plural, perhaps you could tell me what's so tricky about the other two methods? Is it a trick to use N300 and N500 cars on supersoft tyres in an N1000 race for huge payouts, because it exploits the fact the AI only uses hard tyres - despite no tyre wear - to give you a cornering speed advantage? Is it perhaps a trick to use exactly the same car as the AI in the Porsche Cup race, but with the fuel map setting that the AI never uses to give you a pit schedule advantage?

The AI could beat you at the Nurburgring if it used its fuel map settings, but it never does. And this event has been available in the game since launch, through all of the updates, unchanged except the addition of the 2016 Audi R18 to the AI field. It seems to me that if PD wanted to get rid of it, it would at least try - and no-one knows the "Spirit of GT-S" better than PD...

Meanwhile the "glitch" method has been unsuccessfully patched twice. None of our three posted methods rely on such a bug. And we wouldn't recommend our users take advantage of any bugs like this in case of a response like the one that happened with vehicle gifting in GT5.

Last edited:
Using the KTM at Blue Moon --- set top speed to 230 @4.000 final gear -- use only 3rd, 4th, 5th gear. Front Race Medium and Rear Racing Super Soft ( this helps with the slippery turn 1) -- you can run 47s - 49/50 sec laps which will win even with against the LaFerrari. If the grid doesn't have the LaFerrari you will be in the lead by lap 13 at least. You make you best time against the big boys through tune 3. You can take it at nearly full throttle in 4th gear and a feathered 5th gear. I don't care about the Exp points but it is good as a cash cow when you want to buy an new car.
Level 33

Wasn't it tested that with new Audi GR.1 is no go with 10x fuel method ?
Nope.

The Audi goes a LOT further than the other Gr.1 cars (the Mazda and Bugatti run out at Adenauer, most of the others run out by Bergwerk, the 919 and TS050 are usually done by Karussell, but the 2016 Audi seems to run right up to Pflanzgarten), and sometimes it can be hard to beat him, but you can still win in an N199 car.

90E8914B-880B-48E2-AA36-7918FE92F83E.jpeg
Great advice @Famine 👍
I'm using a stock Huracan, with racing super soft tires.
View attachment 705219

View attachment 705216

View attachment 705217

i also noticed that it says non race cars priced over 10 mill, but the most expensive car we have now is the Lamborghini Veneno which is 3,640,000 mill, so i wonder if we are getting some even more expensive cars in the future.

I just did the same race, but with the Corvette GR3 Road Car @ N500. Well N599 to be exact.

Last edited:
I've tried the Nurb option in my 86GT 4 or 5 times and each time I run into the rolling wall of cars so I either have to go offtrack to pass them and lose my clean race bonus or by the time I wait for an opening the Audi's so far ahead I can't catch it.

How can you win the Suzuka Porsche Cup race on one pit stop? Setting the fuel map to the leanest still doesn't get you 15 laps worth of fuel and your down too much on power to successfully draft on the straights.

You can still do the pit glitch on the Nurburgring 24h track with Mazda Roadster if you want to

After reading up on some Trophy hunting sites I believe it is still possible, yes.

That being said, if anybody does go down this route, please avoid using your new found "skills" in Multiplayer at all costs.

Farming XP against AI cars is one thing as you don't "hurt the feelings of the computer" when you play, but when you're racing against real people you shouldn't be taking advantage of any such glitches. Not only would it be unsporting but it may also be a bannable offence if done in FIA/Sport Mode races.

How can you win the Suzuka Porsche Cup race on one pit stop? Setting the fuel map to the leanest still doesn't get you 15 laps worth of fuel and your down too much on power to successfully draft on the straights.
I did it just fine, with my Fuel Map at 4.

Your initial fuel tank is only around 75% for some reason, but you can get almost halfway, then fill up for the rest. Have you tried altering the power on your 911?

The Blue Moon race with a N500 car is really the best option to collect $ and XP. All you need is a bit of patience and skill to do a clean race and end up with 6930XP. This amount makes level 50 possible within a couple of months for those starting GT Sport now. Just be extra careful with the blue NSX since it always deviate from the line at the approach of turn 1.

To those of you that prefer to race at The Ring for 2100XP (not a good deal anymore), I strongly suggest to set the maximum number of competitors to 10 cars. This way you will have all the time and opportunity to overtake the other cars without hitting them. It is commom to find a moving cluster with up to seven cars, so take your time and learn where to overtake. Remember you are racing for the bonus. The first place is certain, but the bonus depends on how you drive.

I did it just fine, with my Fuel Map at 4.

Your initial fuel tank is only around 75% for some reason, but you can get almost halfway, then fill up for the rest. Have you tried altering the power on your 911?

Yep lower power does the trick. I tried the Porsche one again for the clean bonus with an N400 Porsche. This time fuel map 1, which takes 2 pit stops but saves some time over all. However the AI got too aggressive again and hit me. Luckily it was still pretty early in the race so I could do the rest with the gloves off. GTS AI is definitely not SR.S!

I was about 1:20 ahead at the finish. With 1 pit stop I was 0:50 ahead. With full power Porsche and 4 pit stops I was almost 2 laps ahead. Too bad you can't dial it down to N300. I'm still going to try again for the clean bonus. I want to see that 13.5k xp make a tiny dent in my lvl 44 xp bar!

Edit: got knocked out in lap 5 on my 5th attempt. Did someone from Brazil program the AI :) It's like playing tag with them, pass them and they speed up and make it a priority to run you off the road!
I tried staying behind the lot until the first pit stop before yet that put me too far behind to catch up. That was with a 1 pit stop strategy, perhaps with 2 that might work. Pit end of 6th, and end of 18th with the N400 version. Just hang behind the first 6 laps, worth a try. They become more friendly after a pit stop or at least spread out, less chance to get caught between an 'activated' AI behind and a group of still half asleep AIs in front.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan. I don't care at all about XP, I just want to fill up my credit limit so I can buy cars as needed for league racing.

I got my ass handed to me in the Porsche one... Started at fuel map 3, seemed to be faster than the pack by a second or two per lap - figured I'd be okay on a 2-stopper, then at about lap 18, one of the AI started sticking in laps 4-5 seconds faster than me, ran out of fuel at the Casio triangle on lap 30, finished in 2nd, 16 seconds down.

Not driven the 911 outside of the Licenses... not a fan of its floaty front end!

I think it'll work best with a lower power and pitting once. Maybe when the AI pits the second time you overtake everyone and sail to an easy win.

I did not work on me!

I did those:
  • Race Type: Endurance
  • Starting Grid: 20
  • Boost: Off
  • Fuel Depletion: 10x
  • Opponent Category: Gr.1
  • Opponent Difficulty: Professional
I chosen the Nurburgring 24h (25,378m)

Car: Toyota 86 GRMN, down to 177HP and weight reduced too...

Didn't understand that part though:

Toyota 86 GT, limited to slightly under 150hp will do the trick—just enough that it registers as an N100 vehicle.

I finished the race - but 2nd, because the 1st car was 35 sec in front of me! Oh well...:confused:

Back