The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Yea, I do not remember the exact power, but it was the most until it went n200, and yes the weight was the minimum. It was probably because I wasn't really trying since the way I read it they were going to run out of gas and stop, not keep going. So I did't really try. I don't like that track that much. That was the problem I guess. I will just stick with the mindless BB track. Thanks though I may try again and actually try next time.
Next time drive quickly with no mistakes, but if you have trouble with it just stick with the BB track :).

I will try again. miata tuned 146hp, 1984 lbs, power 114, weight 91, lowered, stiffer springs/shocks, etc. transmission tuned for track somewhat. But yea for now I will just throw in a BB session or two as I'm doing the golds on the rest of the game. Thanks again. 👍

The thing is I didn't caught with the R18, so the best I did was 2nd place.
There are some combinations of grid that allow the 2016 R18 to run to about Pflanzgarten (the fast, wiggly but straight bit about 30s short of the main long straight) before he runs out of fuel. When that happens it's very difficult to catch him - he can hit a 10'20 lap.

Usually he gets stuck in a pack of other cars that have run out of fuel. Sometimes he takes advantage of you passing that pack to break free and he can pass you again - but will run out shortly afterwards so you can repass him.

So it's best to use an N200 or N300 car detuned to N100 for this, because of the advantage of wider tyres (N100 cars tend to have skinny tyres) and much higher torque for the inclines at N24.

I tried the ring in an n100 against the fast cars for a lap a few times. They did not run out of gas or anything like that. I just got last, by a lot, tried both tracks twice.
There's no way you should get last... The Bugatti Chiron and Mazda LM55 take over 17 minutes to complete a lap, and most of the others take 15 minutes. The only cars anywhere near 12 minutes are the 2016 R18, the TS050 and the Porsche 919.
the way I read it they were going to run out of gas and stop, not keep going
When cars in GT Sport - and GT4, GT5 and GT6 - run out of fuel, they slow down to 50mph.

Might have to try Blue Moon in the xbow. Got a race with the Veyron as the top competitor, so dialed my Citroen down to N400 for a nice payout. Won by 5 seconds.

Might have to try Blue Moon in the xbow. Got a race with the Veyron as the top competitor, so dialed my Citroen down to N400 for a nice payout. Won by 5 seconds.

Not sure if it'd work on Blue Moon, however the Aston Martin dialed down to N400 was a winner on Maggiore, and I'm thinking it might also be a winner at N300 tune. That's for tomorrow

Sorry but with another method, I earns the same amount of credits and mileages in 50 secs.
That puts you about 20s slower than the people who are good at the pitlane bug...

We're well aware of it and have been since October, but, as I said earlier:

None of our three posted methods rely on such a bug. And we wouldn't recommend our users take advantage of any bugs like this in case of a response like the one that happened with vehicle gifting in GT5.

That puts you about 20s slower than the people who are good at the pitlane bug...

We're well aware of it and have been since October, but, as I said earlier:
I didn’t play Gran Turismo 5, what was the end result of that bug?

I didn’t play Gran Turismo 5, what was the end result of that bug?
It wasn't a bug, per se, it was just an oversight that people abused the crap out of. I think in the end it was the numbers of X2011 Prototype cars being gifted - it was supposed to be the 100% reward car, but just about everyone had it.

Eventually they put a cap on the number of transfers a day (1) and the value of vehicle that could be gifted (999,999cr).

@Famine. I will try it again. I was just taking sunday drive laps so i was not even close to them. I have had no experience with running out of gas in any gt game. On the fuel saving license in one of the other ones I did run out, but i knew it and just restarted right away as the vehicle was slowing down. Golded the next try. I did not know how slow they went, but they kept moving and since I was 2/3rd or so of the lap behind I did not catch them. I will dumb down a n300 car and try it again then. I did try the pit bug and did not get it to work. I guess I was doing it wrong so I just gave up on that. I did win those x2010s, juniors and x2011s, created another account and gifted them back and forth. I think I have like 5 of each before they shut it off.

Kind of like game sharing and making us re-buy a game we already own on the previous systems. Sony really needs some better thoughts behind what they do. If someone did something that stupid in my ex-field (finance - retired) they would be almost immediately fired.

Anyways, thanks again for the write up. Any tips on that suzuka short on that ill handling honda vgt. Race 3, I think, in the missions (line 4)? I cannot seem to get anywhere near a gold on that one.

edit: Tried it one more time, turn tcs to 5 and won easy. I usually turn that stuff off.

Last edited:
I'm still enjoying 2 laps of The 'Ring in my N199 SFR against those pesky Gr 1's. I know it's not the fastest way to earn the credits, but I'm enjoying it, and it takes care of the daily marathon in one go. Set it to 20 mins, which should still only provide 2 laps of racing, but increased the reward.. except this time, Mr R18 did something different, I don't know what, but instead of beating him by upto 15 seconds as usual, he beat me by 1 minute 21 seconds! Previously, the closest it had been to catching me was 1.2 seconds!

Maybe timed races they adjust fuel mixture?

I don't think so, because on 10 mins they still race as normal. I wish I'd checked the starting grid properly now, it could just have been the R18 started at the front, and therefore made a clean break from the pack on the first lap.

Yea, just restart until you get the right grid order. Stock Toyota S-FR or the racing concept version tuned down?

Yea, just restart until you get the right grid order. Stock Toyota S-FR or the racing concept version tuned down?

The standard car, but tuned up as far as it can go in N100, with SS racing tyres of course.

I just thought it was odd. The first time I used timed race to execute more than one lap, I got a dramatically different result.

Blue Moon Bay, the Dodge Tomahawk Technology and a tie wrap around the controller gas pedal is all I need. :)

I'll get back into normal racing soon though but I'm busy with other things at the moment and this is nice to keep up with the weekly mileage store.
Care to elaborate? Anything on the sticks for steering? How long does it take?

I just start the 24h Nords with Mazda Roadster positioned in last place, sit the car between the pit and track on the line facing thet rack next to the wall and wait 20~ seconds until auto drive kicks in, drive to finish line for 141K credits, takes about ~1 minute.

That'll probably get fixed this week.

That's the pit glitch, it's been mentioned about five times in this thread already, and:
Meanwhile the "glitch" method has been unsuccessfully patched twice. None of our three posted methods rely on such a bug. And we wouldn't recommend our users take advantage of any bugs like this in case of a response like the one that happened with vehicle gifting in GT5.

Was just trying the KTM at Lago Maggiore (the second race besides Blue Moon Bay), it takes about 10 min more, but is a lot of fun.
I used a praiano tune for the KTM with N300 and racing tyres ( too easy with RSS but challenging with RH or RS).
I didn´t find this "easy way to earn cr" anywhere maybe anyone of you will give it a try?

Well, it looks like PD has nerfed the N24 10-minute endurance method, by tweaking fuel tank sizes. It was the slowest method anyway.

For those of you having trouble with the KTM at N300 at Blue Moon Bay, I can report that the Ford GT at N400 (power level 2, reduced to N400; weight level 5, reduced to minimum; RSS tyres) is very, very easy - it's much more stable due to the long wheelbase, and you'll net 7,590XP for a clean race. The top of third gear is perfect for the final turn too.

Well, it looks like PD has nerfed the N24 10-minute endurance method, by tweaking fuel tank sizes. It was the slowest method anyway.

That's a shame, I actually quite enjoyed the suspense of the race being decided in the final few corners.

For those of you having trouble with the KTM at N300 at Blue Moon Bay, I can report that the Ford GT at N400 (power level 2, reduced to N400; weight level 5, reduced to minimum; RSS tyres) is very, very easy - it's much more stable due to the long wheelbase, and you'll net 7,590XP for a clean race. The top of third gear is perfect for the final turn too.
Will give this a shot.

Edit- had better results using the F40.

Last edited:
Did something change after the new update? I’ve used the settings in article with the GT86 GRMN on the N24 track and would get first or second place because they’d run out of fuel, but now they don’t and the we end up doing 2 laps even though the time has run out before the lap is over.

Is this because the ai has started on the second lap before I have? Why aren’t they running out of fuel before the end of the first lap? I also have the 86 tuned to the highest level in the N200 class. Should I detunecthe car back to the Lowe’s level of the N200 class or N100?

Did something change after the new update? I’ve used the settings in article with the GT86 GRMN on the N24 track and would get first or second place because they’d run out of fuel, but now they don’t and the we end up doing 2 laps even though the time has run out before the lap is over.

Is this because the ai has started on the second lap before I have? Why aren’t they running out of fuel before the end of the first lap? I also have the 86 tuned to the highest level in the N200 class. Should I detunecthe car back to the Lowe’s level of the N200 class or N100?
They've nerfed the fuel usage so cars can manage a full lap of N24hr.
gran-turismo.com
IMPORTANT
The fuel tank capacities of Gr.1/Gr.3/Gr.4 cars have been unified. In addition, Fuel Consumption rates have also been adjusted.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1365818.html

Back