The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Tuned 908 in 9'18" (1'17" a lap) around 7 laps of Monza. That's the fastest I found up to now. That's still about 2m Cr an hour if you reach the clean race every time.

The Peugeot 908? Interesting! What exactly did you tune on the car?

Full power, minimum weight, RS tyres, full downforce, gearbox on 430 kph and a few stuff on the differential and the suspensions.

Tuned 908 in 9'18" (1'17" a lap) around 7 laps of Monza. That's the fastest I found up to now. That's still about 2m Cr an hour if you reach the clean race every time.

After reading this post I tried this with a GR1 Tomohawk and ran a 1;15.1, I completed a clean race in 8:56, other GR1 cars may be even faster. This is a good option when grinding, at least we have options now instead of the same race over and over.

I can attest to the 908. Lapped the 962 and R18(Le Mans '11).
D5HHk3aU4AAJn-_.jpg

After reading this post I tried this with a GR1 Tomohawk and ran a 1;15.1, I completed a clean race in 8:56, other GR1 cars may be even faster. This is a good option when grinding, at least we have options now instead of the same race over and over.

Looking at each car’s stats on KudosPrime, it seems like the Bugatti VGT Gr.1, LM55 VGT Gr.1, Audi VGT Gr.1 and Hyundai N 2025 VGT Gr.1 all seem like fast choices. I’ll trial each one and see what results they produce. It mostly depends on each car’s Speed and Acceleration (won’t be modifying Power).

EDIT: Never mind, seems like these cars are still fairly slow

EDIT 2: Just realised why. They’re 4WD and the 908 and Tomahawk are both MR. Seems like MR cars are going to be the better choice every time

Last edited:
Looking at each car’s stats on KudosPrime, it seems like the Bugatti VGT Gr.1, LM55 VGT Gr.1, Audi VGT Gr.1 and Hyundai N 2025 VGT Gr.1 all seem like fast choices. I’ll trial each one and see what results they produce. It mostly depends on each car’s Speed and Acceleration (won’t be modifying Power).

Tested the Audi VGT, the 908 is better.

The fastest one for me so far is the Nissan R92CP (although way off Fastone357's lap time!! :ill: ). Any of the old Gr.1 cars will breeze it (actually don't know about the Mazda.... can't bring myself to drive it because of the sound.... makes me feel like I have tinnitus!!). Jag, easy win, Sauber, easy win, Peugeot, easy win.... but I still haven't managed to get the clean race bonus. :(

The fastest one for me so far is the Nissan R92CP (although way off Fastone357's lap time!! :ill: ). Any of the old Gr.1 cars will breeze it (actually don't know about the Mazda.... can't bring myself to drive it because of the sound.... makes me feel like I have tinnitus!!). Jag, easy win, Sauber, easy win, Peugeot, easy win.... but I still haven't managed to get the clean race bonus. :(

You need to avoid crossing the track lines for the bonus. Stay well within the limits and avoid crashing into the other cars. I usually take 1st place within 2 laps in the R92CP, and that’s even when I have to slow down to avoid hitting the other cars

Depending on which AI car is leading, I've passed all cars in the first lap, at the exit of the parabolica. When the Peugeot VGT is out front, that's usually way ahead at pit exit, by the time I catch & pass it after the first lap.

Do you have the cars at max power??
I do. :D:D:D
I wouldn't be nearly that fast otherwise. I will have try some other cars and see how they do.

I wouldn't be nearly that fast otherwise. I will have try some other cars and see how they do.

Now that I have all these awesome cars & tunes nearing 20,000,000 cr .
What car would you all buy with it first that I can use and race with ?
Is that the goal sort of to buy all the 20,000,000 cr cars?
Sorry, New to all this transaction stuff (like the driving & racing part a lot)
A little guidance from the advanced players please. :>)

Depending on which AI car is leading, I've passed all cars in the first lap, at the exit of the parabolica. When the Peugeot VGT is out front, that's usually way ahead at pit exit, by the time I catch & pass it after the first lap.

Blimey! If the L750R Hybrid is in it, I'm looking at lap 5 to get to the front! :lol:

Sorry I got your "name" wrong 371! Yes, those that can be. I spent a fortune on "upgrading" the Nissan R92CP only to find out I was paying to reduce power.... that car can't be put at more than 100%. I tried the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo 2015 (that can be powered up) and beat my best time by a second, but that time is still a considerable distance from yours.... good job to you!

I think I found where I'm losing the clean bonus (when not hitting cars that can't make up their minds which side of the track they want to be).... it's the sector to the right that straddles the start /finish line. Appears that could be out of bounds.:embarrassed:

Now that I have all these awesome cars & tunes nearing 20,000,000 cr .
What car would you all buy with it first that I can use and race with ?
Is that the goal sort of to buy all the 20,000,000 cr cars?
Sorry, New to all this transaction stuff (like the driving & racing part a lot)
A little guidance from the advanced players please. :>)

Have a look here, plenty of advice. Good luck!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...did-you-buy-first.386745/page-3#post-12721963

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of the old Gr.1 cars will breeze it (actually don't know about the Mazda.... can't bring myself to drive it because of the sound.... makes me feel like I have tinnitus!!). Jag, easy win, Sauber, easy win, Peugeot, easy win.... but I still haven't managed to get the clean race bonus. :(

The Porsche 962 C doesn't stand a chance in this event (damn short tail). Mazda 787B wins it easily.

The Porsche 962 C doesn't stand a chance in this event (damn short tail). Mazda 787B wins it easily.
I think I've done it already but, approaching senility, will try again tomorrow and revert! :cheers: I found the 962C to be a lovely drive.... Mazda a great drive but something off with the audio in this game.... might be my sound system but the high pitched whine is painful!

Blimey! If the L750R Hybrid is in it, I'm looking at lap 5 to get to the front! :lol:

Sorry I got your "name" wrong 371! Yes, those that can be. I spent a fortune on "upgrading" the Nissan R92CP only to find out I was paying to reduce power.... that car can't be put at more than 100%. I tried the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo 2015 (that can be powered up) and beat my best time by a second, but that time is still a considerable distance from yours.... good job to you!

I think I found where I'm losing the clean bonus (when not hitting cars that can't make up their minds which side of the track they want to be).... it's the sector to the right that straddles the start /finish line. Appears that could be out of bounds.:embarrassed:

Have a look here, plenty of advice. Good luck!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...did-you-buy-first.386745/page-3#post-12721963
ty

Nah. That's not true. My very first race in the 962 was at this race at Monza with stock (610hp) horsepower and racing hard tyres and I managed to win. Minimum downforce and you're fine. The AI and rubber banding always give you a chance.

You need the BoP horsepower (130%)

Nah. That's not true. My very first race in the 962 was at this race at Monza with stock (610hp) horsepower and racing hard tyres and I managed to win. Minimum downforce and you're fine. The AI and rubber banding always give you a chance.

Ok. I'll put it another way then, the Porsche 962 C is the only Group C car that cannot win the event without tuning.

Made this little guide. It used to be really challenging with the AI, but I found out how to do this easily.
  • Intentionally hanging back before a corner allows you to slingshot past multiple cars on a straightaway.
  • Minimum Downforce makes top speed fast enough to get near 240 mph / 385 km/h without draft.
  • You don't need to seriously push to win this. Just make sure to stay off the walls which is relatively easy since the car corners nicely.

Last edited:
Ok. I'll put it another way then, the Porsche 962 C is the only Group C car that cannot win the event without tuning.

I'm going to try and win it now in a stock 962.

:P

Nothing personal it just sounds like a good challenge. As it was quite tight with the setup changes but that was before I had a real grip of how to drive the car.

I'm going to try and win it now in a stock 962.

:P

Nothing personal it just sounds like a good challenge. As it was quite tight with the setup changes but that was before I had a real grip of how to drive the car.

Please report back if you manage better than 3rd place.

I still think the easiest way is the 15 lap race at Blue Moon Bay with the McLaren. Takes just over 10 min and you get 315 K with the clean bonus, which, let’s face it, it’s not hard to get. There’s no competition and if you put your mind to it, it’s 1.5 million in under one hour

I still think the easiest way is the 15 lap race at Blue Moon Bay with the McLaren. Takes just over 10 min and you get 315 K with the clean bonus, which, let’s face it, it’s not hard to get. There’s no competition and if you put your mind to it, it’s 1.5 million in under one hour
It's 11.5 with the McLaren, not just over 10..

It's my usual race and ride. 54 more clean races and I hit level 50.

I do the superGT race at Dragon Trail when I get bored with BMB. Only 300K with clean race bonus but a nice change of pace. I used to do the classic Le Mans race but was never able to get a clean race with that.

I tried the X2014 Le Mans race. It is the fastest but I have to time attack the track a lot first. It's a totally different track in that car.

It takes closer to 12 minutes to do the race. If you can do it in the 10 minute range, I would like to see a replay.
Why do you not use the X-Bow and get the full 375 K and maximize your credit earnings?
Due to my poor vision, I agree this is the easiest grinding race for me to get the clean bonus.

Latest Posts

Back