The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Ha
It takes closer to 12 minutes to do the race. If you can do it in the 10 minute range, I would like to see a replay.
Why do you not use the X-Bow and get the full 375 K and maximize your credit earnings?
Due to my poor vision, I agree this is the easiest grinding race for me to get the clean bonus.
Harder to do? The McLaren will beat any field so no exiting to re-enter if La Ferrari turns up.

Ha

Harder to do? The McLaren will beat any field so no exiting to re-enter if La Ferrari turns up.
I do not understand your post. Who said harder to do? It is very easy with a tuned X-Bow and it beats the La Ferrari every time. I just do not understand losing 60K credits each race.

Ha

If you can bring yourself to use driving aids for the purposes of grinding you can easily beat the La Ferrari (1st place by lap 11) with the KTM for 375k.
If you're going to mindlessly grind anyway go the whole hog! Forget your pride :)
Plus it's quite fun flying past every car on the bends. Watching a La Ferrari disappear in your mirror like it's opened a parachute never gets old, and then seeing it flying back up behind you! You'll have to re-take it a few times but then it's game over.

McLaren is easy mode for 315K. X-Bow is concentrate or crash.
Using tunes found on this forum, the X-Bow is very easy to drive and is fast. I agree that the car in stock tune is difficult to control, but as I stated before, I use a tuned car.

If you can bring yourself to use driving aids for the purposes of grinding you can easily beat the La Ferrari (1st place by lap 11) with the KTM for 375k.
If you're going to mindlessly grind anyway go the whole hog! Forget your pride :)
Plus it's quite fun flying past every car on the bends. Watching a La Ferrari disappear in your mirror like it's opened a parachute never gets old, and then seeing it flying back up behind you! You'll have to re-take it a few times but then it's game over.
No driving aids other than ABS default are needed to win with a tuned X-Bow.
I have done this race about 800 times on two accounts and have won every time using the X-Bow.

McLaren is easy mode for 315K. X-Bow is concentrate or crash.

Fully understand this! Grinding needs to be easy.... I never found the X-Bow to be easy, even though using some great tunes provided here.
I did BMB mostly in the Cobra at N600.... OK, only got 90% power bonus, but so what, it was a guaranteed win even if LaFerrari came into the field!

After that I swapped to Nostalgic 79 with my first Unicorn.... bliss! And much, much quicker. Now using Gr.1 Monza.... really good fun.

Sure, there are quicker ways to earn, but time spent should be enjoyable, not a ..... grind. :)

I agree it’s not the quickest, but the easiest, as you don’t have to pay much attention to get a clean lap and again, no competition, as you’re in the lead buy lap 9 normally.
Only been playing GT Sport for 16 days now and after the licenses and missions, I’m halfway thru the track experience, with already 12M, so not bad :)
I’ve been using the McLaren, cos I got it gifted in the first few days. Only got the X-Bow last night, so that’s my next task. Any good setups for it? Cheers!

Try this tune (not mine, no credit for me!) for the KTM, N300, £375k

Only change I made was to nudge top speed down to 18x mph

It is so stable! Even with DS4 you can easy get 1:46:xx laps. Only need to brake a bit at the 100m marker for the first corner, take it at 125mph. Turn 2 & 3 full speed. You'll fly past the La Ferrari on Lap 11, Turn 3!

If you have self-imposed restrictions on tyre compounds or TCS this isn't for you, but it's only for grinding!

This'll do you for the X-Bow no problem.

That is pretty far off of my tune up and looks like it will slide a lot in the corners with those diff settings being so high, especially if you have to lift excessively in turn 3 when the AI chases their car up to the wall. I have around 320 wins with my N300 X-Bow at BMB and can run mid-high 46 second lap times without drafting with an easy to drive car using no aids. If anyone wants my set up just send me a friend request on PSN, my PSN name is the same as my user name here.

Fully understand this! Grinding needs to be easy.... I never found the X-Bow to be easy, even though using some great tunes provided here.
I did BMB mostly in the Cobra at N600.... OK, only got 90% power bonus, but so what, it was a guaranteed win even if LaFerrari came into the field!

After that I swapped to Nostalgic 79 with my first Unicorn.... bliss! And much, much quicker. Now using Gr.1 Monza.... really good fun.

Sure, there are quicker ways to earn, but time spent should be enjoyable, not a ..... grind. :)

Just let me know if you want my X Box N300 tune, I think you will find it both fast and easy to drive.

The Sarthe race with the Ferrari P330 is probably the absolute quickest way to grind for cash, its like $220K for 6 minutes which puts you at $440K if you do 2 runs with 1 or 2 minutes more than racing the X Bow at BMB with the clean race bonus. Between BMB, Sarthe, and now the GR1 races we have some pretty decent alternatives for grinding now. You can also make some pretty good money with the W08 and GR2 races, they are 10 laps long but its great getting paid to become very familiar with a track you my not be real strong on, it will only help you get faster in other cars at the same venue.

Last edited:
My best lap time with the 330 is about 3'20" so about 6'4x" for the whole race. For me, considering the 330k for Monza for about 9'10", Monza is better.

That is pretty far off of my tune up and looks like it will slide a lot in the corners with those diff settings being so high, especially if you have to lift excessively in turn 3 when the AI chases their car up to the wall.E]

Not at all, I don't understand the ins and outs, I got the tune from YouTube, but it does not slide, it will take turn 3 with no brakes and no letting off the throttle! Wouldn't mind trying your tune though!

Please report back if you manage better than 3rd place.

Just got 2nd. 0.710 behind the leader.

That was with the clean race bonus as well. It's a fun challenge so I think I'll be able to grab the win soon.

EDIT: Just won by 0.7 on my second attempt. :cheers:

I love the 962 so had to prove it's worth!

Last edited:
Just got 2nd. 0.710 behind the leader.

That was with the clean race bonus as well. It's a fun challenge so I think I'll be able to grab the win soon.

EDIT: Just won by 0.7 on my second attempt. :cheers:

I love the 962 so had to prove it's worth!

I've only managed to win with a close to minimum downforce setup. On default setup I'm losing too much time on Monza's long straights.

I've only managed to win with a close to minimum downforce setup. On default setup I'm losing too much time on Monza's long straights.

The 962C makes up for it a lot in the corners. You can out-perform every car in the corners, especially through corners 6-8 (the set of corners after the second long straightaway). I almost won with the stock 962C but then I spun out right towards the end. You will be slower on the straightaways but if you can manage to slipstream, you’ll be able to slingshot past the cars

Emula@

342.000 Cr in 10 minutes at "La festa cavallino" - Willow springs using the ferrari Dino

That is nice :-)

Do you know if this or any other cars made for grinding can beat the Brand Hatch race in "La festa cavallino"

I would love to have a grinding race on Brands Hatch in any car or Series. I dont mind if its not the most effective compared to other methods, but still should produce good XP and credits :-)

Do you or any one else know a good way to grind Brands Hatch ?

My best lap time with the 330 is about 3'20" so about 6'4x" for the whole race. For me, considering the 330k for Monza for about 9'10", Monza is better.

There are more possibilities to lose the bonus at Monza than Le Mans .. (IMHO)

IR

There are more possibilities to lose the bonus at Monza than Le Mans .. (IMHO)

IR

=> I agree, but I managed 3 clean races in a raw last time I played on Monza. I just missed the first clean race bonus. You just have to be patient during the first lap, and then stay between the white lines. I had to play with TC to avoid making any mistake. I usually play only with ABS. I may loose 1s a lap by not taking any risk, but that makes this combo more attractive in term on Cr.

Tried the X-Bow at BMB and wasn't long before I was travelling backwards against the wall, in fact, turn 2 :)
For the difference in credits, I'll stick with the McLaren, which you only really have to brake at turn 1, taking turn 2 flat out and just lifting in turn 3. Slow down in corners following traffic and passing them on the straight to claim the clean bonus no sweat In the lead by lap 9, regardless of the opponent and winning by 7+ seconds. Can actually enjoy a nice cup of the finest British tea while going run in no rush :)
It aslo fits with the daily workout mileage, just in case you got a busy schedule and can only play GT Sport for 20 min or so before or after work...
Winner winner, chicken dinner!

you only really have to brake at turn 1, taking turn 2 flat out and just lifting in turn 3. Slow down in corners following traffic and passing them on the straight to claim the clean bonus no sweat In the lead by lap 9, regardless of the opponent and winning by 7+ seconds. Can actually enjoy a nice cup of the finest British tea while going run in no rush :)

Sounds like you're describing my X-Bow races! Apart from not even having to lift off on turn 3. You sure you've got all the aids on? i can only spin it if I hit someone! Especially not on turn 2.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...ery/replay/replay/1415333/4611708021631878672

Anyway, fair enough, whatever works best for you. As with anything YMMV!

And I'm the same, at least one quick race every day to get the mileage!

You saving up for anything in particular?

Last edited:
I have a question guys which is not exactly on topic - I dare asking nevertheless :D ...

Since I fully upgrade all my cars which is a habit since GT5 / GT6 :) , mileage points is way more important to me than credits.
I always assumed that MP calculation is not only a linear thing like 1 mile = 10 MP but also uses a multiplier depending on the specific race event.
For the BMB run with the N300 X-Bow you get 630 MP within less than 12 minutes ( 54 MP per minute ) which is great. However, does anyone of you know a race event with a significantly better MP outcome ?

Sounds like you're describing my X-Bow races! Apart from not even having to lift off on turn 3. You sure you've got all the aids on? i can only spin it if I hit someone! Especially not on turn 2.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...ery/replay/replay/1415333/4611708021631878672

Anyway, fair enough, whatever works best for you. As with anything YMMV!

And I'm the same, at least one quick race every day to get the mileage!

You saving up for anything in particular?

I must have tried the wrong setup for the X-Bow... any suggestions?
Yeah bro, due to work I can only play freely Thursday and Sunday, the rest of the week is only 20 min here half hour there :(
Yeah saving up to get all the small cars I think in buying and then start over again for the big expensive ones. But I’m still miles from it, which is a good thing, as this way, everyday I got something to look forward to!
Thanks for your comments guys.

Yeah bro, due to work I can only play freely Thursday and Sunday, the rest of the week is only 20 min here half hour there :(
Yeah saving up to get all the small cars I think in buying and then start over again for the big expensive ones. But I’m still miles from it, which is a good thing, as this way, everyday I got something to look forward to!

I use this one I found on youtube

Only change I made was to nudge top speed down to 18x mph

It is so stable! Even with DS4 you can easy get 1:46:xx laps. Only need to brake a bit at the 100m marker for the first corner, take it at 125mph. Turn 2 & 3 full speed.

I'm the same, about 45 mins on a weekday to get my mileage and mess about a bit using the DS4.
Friday and Sat I'm on it a couple of hours so they're my proper sessions using my wheel :D

I've got all the N class cars except the two unicorns. At the mo I'm having a good go with each in turn, it'll take me a while to get through them all though :lol:.

Good luck and happy driving!

The setup @floydant posted above is great. I use that same tune with a slightly different gearbox, no assists but ABS - braking for T1 at 100 m, flat-out through T2 and a slight lift before turning in for T3 - and if I ever get into trouble it's my fault, not the car's :lol: !

And to all the X-Bow drivers ... isn't it Fun ( with a capital F ) to overtake four cars at one stroke on the outside line of T1 :cheers: ?

The setup @floydant posted above is great. I use that same tune with a slightly different gearbox, no assists but ABS - braking for T1 at 100 m, flat-out through T2 and a slight lift before turning in for T3 - and if I ever get into trouble it's my fault, not the car's :lol: !

And to all the X-Bow drivers ... isn't it Fun ( with a capital F ) to overtake four cars at one stroke on the outside line of T1 :cheers: ?

It certainly is! Watching them disappear into the horizon in your mirror :lol:
Gain 2 seconds on a La Ferrari over one corner! Mind you, watch it come flying back up towards you on the straight :eek:.

Managed 8:51.448 on RB X14 Sarthe. Man, is this beast ridiculously fast in Porsche. No lifting at all. :eek:
Just tried your setup and managed an 8:50.703 on Sarthe. Was able to run all 3 laps under 3 min and was able to take the lead on the start of the Mulsanne on lap 2. The RB X14 is wicked fast and is a blast to drive.

Back