The Easiest Ways to Make Money and XP in Gran Turismo Sport

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 926 comments
Nothing special here, just thought I'd grab one of my races at LeSarthe in the Jag. Tune screen shown at the end of the video. Sorry for the few instances where nothing is happening, my wife kept talking to me.

Same for GT2... Even GT5 and 6 were quite nice to get cars with the connection bonus, the car exchange and others. I don't understand why PoDi made Cr in GTS so difficult to earn...

I updated my kudosprime profile earlier today, I miss about 25 cars in GTS for a total of 120 000 000Cr. I'll never get them all! And that's a shame as I'd like to play the Cobra Daytona, the Mark IV and others...

Without a doubt this is the absolute worst part of GTS and literally sometimes makes me sick (relative speaking). I am not racing the same track for hours and days on end. If I ever win the lottery aka get a 20 million car on the wheel of the unfortunate then maybe I will do Lemans. In mean time will enjoy the cars that I have or do win in the daily. They need a GT3 and GT4 series championship in pro events, maybe 500,000 per race and a 5 or 8 race series and perhaps 2 to 4 million bonus for winning championship. I would even be okay if each race was 15 laps with fuel, tires, and even damage on.

Well I just bought the last expensive car this week. Final tally is 270+ BMB races, 160+ La Sarthe Nostalgic and 40+ La Sarthe X2014 (actual numbers are slightly higher because I lost a few races trying out different cars at BMB & Nostalgic). I got a headstart with the Collectors Edition cars but otherwise all cars in game are bought with credits. No microtransactions, no rubberband grinding. The saving grace is the pit stop glitch which I used to buy all the cars until January last year (just before the update which brings 330/XJ13). But since then it's all been manual grinding. It's boring as hell but if you set yourself small goals each day you'll get there 👍

Hey guys.

Just a side question in this thread since I gues many poeple here have tried the different high priced cars.

I already have the Jaguar. Now i am close to my next 20 million credits cap.

Not sure wich car I should by now ?

I would like a car that is fun, it dosent have to be the fastest or most efective,. I prefer the car that is most fun to drive, but still a bit usefull in the grind.

I am thinking about the Shelby cobra. Just not sure can it win the Nostalgic le mans event ?

Also thinking about the Lamborghini Miura. Just not sure If I would ever use it since I gues it cant be used to grind races.

Any ideas, or suggestions ?

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Just a side question in this thread since I gues many poeple here have tried the different high priced cars.

I already have the Jaguar. Now i am close to my next 20 millinon credits cap.

Not sure wich car I should by now ?

I would like a car that is fun, it dosent have to be the fastest or most efective,. I prefer the car that is most fun to drive, but still a bit usefull in the grind.

I am thinking about the Shelby cobra. Just not sure can it win the Nostalgic le mans event ?

Also thinking about the Lamborghini Miura. Just not sure If I would ever use it since I gues it cant be used to grind races.

Any ideas, or suggestions ?

I personally bought the Mark IV. It handles very nice, good top speed and it has some very sick livery options in Discovery section (John Player Special livery is my particular favourite). Definitely recommend the car

The Daytona is by far my favorite of the high price cars, that I own. Very fun to drive, even maxed out.

I have...
Jag
Daytona
Ferrari 250
Alfa

I've hit 20 million multiple times, but just not interested in the other high price cars.

I love the sound of the Daytona! It can win at Le Mans, but sometimes the 330s are just too much for it. The Miura is a great car, I use it to win N500 races at SSRX in the Lobbies. I don't think any N500 is faster, or at N400 for that matter. I am just about at to the 20 million mark myself, since I already have the X13 and the Daytona and the Miura, I am going for the Mark IV.

I tried P4, Jag and Ford Mark I on LaSarthe in Nostalgic. I was only able to do 3:20 per lap in Ferrari. It's maximum speed is 360km/h (almost 380 with good draft) and have great acceleration. Ford has better handling but really bad acceleration and it's a little bit slower. Jag is a little bit better than Ford, but still miles away from Ferrari.

I think I will try Daytona too if you say it's good, but it won't beat P4 in my opinion.

The more I think about it, the more I think ill buy the Shelby.

Ill rather have something fun, that is still usefull and good enough to grind Nostalgic races. Dosent matter if its the most effective I gues.

Thanks for the help guys :-)

I tried P4, Jag and Ford Mark I on LaSarthe in Nostalgic. I was only able to do 3:20 per lap in Ferrari. It's maximum speed is 360km/h (almost 380 with good draft) and have great acceleration. Ford has better handling but really bad acceleration and it's a little bit slower. Jag is a little bit better than Ford, but still miles away from Ferrari.

I think I will try Daytona too if you say it's good, but it won't beat P4 in my opinion.

330 P4 is outright best car for that race. MKIV can match it in terms of power, but it is 200 kilos heavier than the Ferrari (when both on lowest weight possible), which makes a huge difference in the corners

Technically, both cars are capable of winning the race stock (and obviously with upgrades), so it is really a matter of preference

Slightly oversteery, more agile, sharper brakes: 330 P4
Less oversteery, very stable at corners, more gradual brakes: Mark IV
Top speed/acceleration wise, they are on a somewhat similar level (i'd say 47-53 to Ferrari)
Looks are subjective, personally I like the Mk.IV's shape more

The only outright reason to choose 330 P4 over anything else is faster grinding in long-term perspective, but other than that, both cars are perfectly fine for the job

Source: own both cars, ~4000 km on 330 and ~1000 km on MkIV

Nostalgia Le Sarthe is winnable in the Aston Martin DB3S and at 10,000,000 credits it’s the cheapest of the high rollers. Can even be bought from the PS store with cold hard cash for those that want to.

You need to get the Power to level 4 and max out which gives the car 442 BHP and fit
Racing Soft tires.

Here’s my updated current tune which is pretty stable even with a DS4 and no Traction Control which obviously the car never had back in 1953 anyway.

Ride Height 115/115
Springs 2.65/2.60
ARB 7/5
Compression 90/89
Rebound 88/88
Camber 2.8/2.8
Toe In 0.10/ In 0.22

LSD Initial 12
Acc 22
Decel 45

Max speed 236
Final 3.669

1st 1.581/85
2nd 1.134/119
3rd 0.879/153
4th 0.709/190
5th 0.576/254

Be patient through the Dunlop Chicane and Tetre Rouge to aid the clean race bonus.
Brake for Mulsane corner at 200 meters.

I’m usually in front by Indianapolis on lap 2.
Just keep an eye not to get rear ended through the Porsche curves and you’re good.

Last edited:
342.000 Cr in 10 minutes at "La festa cavallino" - Willow springs using the ferrari Dino

granturismosport_201913k0z.png

granturismosport_2019hskrm.png

granturismosport_201901j86.png

granturismosport_201945j0y.png

Does the rubber banding method still work in the latest update? Not tried it.
If you have the Veneno and tune it to the top of N700 and lower the weight to minimum you can put it up against GT4 cars on BMB and set it to ride the wall with the DS4. You need to set steering to motion control in the options and it pays to turn off the vibration.
Set it to run while you sleep for 8 hrs starting last on pro difficulty. Boost off.
This will net you a couple million by the time you wake up.
I did it once but felt dirty after.. like I’d cheated on my girlfriend or something. :embarrassed:
I actually prefer to grind

Last edited:
Does the rubber banding method still work in the latest update? Not tried it.

I mentioned this in the undocumented changes thread but no one replied. I set up my usual 24 Hour rubber band grind last week, and somewhere at the 11 hour mark the car magically got 10 seconds slower per lap. I did everything i could to figure out why and I deduced it must be patched in some way. I just haven’t had a chance to test it again.

But up until that point, it worked fine and I was still in 1st place. So the rubber band method still works for at least 8-10 hours.

TBF I don't bother going for the win when I rubber band. Lob an ND MX5 up against a single Gr.2 and accept the money for 2nd place (usually a good 2-3 million for a 10hr race).

Just wasn't sure if it had been patched or not as I remember reading your post in the undocumented thread @ARTAsean

If you have the Veneno and tune it to the top of N700 and lower the weight to minimum you can put it up against GT3 cars on BMB and set it to ride the wall with the DS4. You need to set steering to motion control in the options and it pays to turn off the vibration.
Set it to run while you sleep for 8 hrs starting last on pro difficulty. Boost off.
This will net you a couple million by the time you wake up.
I did it once but felt dirty after.. like I’d cheated on my girlfriend or something. :embarrassed:
I actually prefer to grind

That's fair enough, I just don't have that much time in front of my console so want to make the most of the time I am.

Ultimately PD (in my opinion) made the game too much for a grind so I don't mind 'cheating' the system personally.

Last edited:
Without a doubt this is the absolute worst part of GTS and literally sometimes makes me sick (relative speaking). I am not racing the same track for hours and days on end. If I ever win the lottery aka get a 20 million car on the wheel of the unfortunate then maybe I will do Lemans. In mean time will enjoy the cars that I have or do win in the daily. They need a GT3 and GT4 series championship in pro events, maybe 500,000 per race and a 5 or 8 race series and perhaps 2 to 4 million bonus for winning championship. I would even be okay if each race was 15 laps with fuel, tires, and even damage on.

I'm having big trouble with this part of game also. Just got this as a present when I got sick from a friend. I had GT6 on PS3
and hated the transactions and dumb ass slow menu's. Can't just click on a highlighted link to buy car?
This game seems even worse, is it me?
Went thru most of league, is there a purpose now? Do we just get money to buy cars, help please! Really want to like this as there seems to be no other driving games on PS4 that are fun for me. Liked Drive club for years but they are gone now.

Do we just get money to buy cars, help please!

You get free cars for completing sections of content like Driving School etc. You also get a free car every day provided you clock around 46Km driving (anywhere, doesn't matter). You earn credits by winning races. You buy cars with credits from Brand Central (top menu).

If that wasn't your question, apologies, misunderstood!

Yeah, Monza is the one. 10:33.678 in the 962. I'm trying the other 4 Group C cars. They'll probably be overkill, but it's a nice clean and easy race.

Edit: XJR-9 - 9:57.651. 1:23.251 lap time, versus a 1:29.xxx in the 962.

Compared to Circuit de la Sarthe in the X2014, this would definitely be more fun to race on! Gonna whip out the R92CP for this one. It’s my favourite Gr.1 car!

Gr1 at Monza looks promising as an alternative. With a 1:30 lap time and a clean race bonus, you make 330k in 10,5 minutes. And I think that lap time is relatively conservative since it is the no chicane version.

Am I right in saying that this race is not quite enough for the daily marathon?

Sometimes I only have time to nip on GTS for my daily marathon. The BMB race with the X-Bow was perfect for a quick 375k and the roulette. Would have been nice to be able to mix it up within the same time window.

Will certainly be trying this for longer sessions though!

Sometimes I only have time to nip on GTS for my daily marathon. The BMB race with the X-Bow was perfect for a quick 375k and the roulette. Would have been nice to be able to mix it up within the same time window.

Yep, it is unfortunately only 25.1 miles so it’s 1.1 short.

If you really want to, drive for a mile or 2 and then restart the race. Then you’ll be able to score your Daily Marathon after completing the full race

Back