The Easiest Ways to Make Money in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 692 comments
Oh, rally it is then...

I actually found the rally physics okay, apart from the lack of grip when sideways, there's just not quite enough, but it's kinda noticeable... The jump physics though, you really gotta have the car straight and land it on all 4 wheels, with your foot off the gas pedal or matching the car's speed, otherwise you're in for a bouncefest.

I was in the GR86 Gr.B car and kept the throttle open after a jump, I kept hopping over and over, like 6 times or so...the front lip of the car was sliding across the gravel, and every time the tires made contact, their spinning would slam the butt of the car to the ground, producing seemingly endless hops. Am I at a rally stage or a lowrider meet? :lol:

I've done the Fisherman's ranch probably 50 times or so by now.
Food for thought, you can load and reload the event until you get a specific AI to race against. They each seem to have their own driving characteristics, maybe based on the car they're driving.
O.Piirainen drives the 205, and regularly seems to wreck over the bumps in sector 1, which can make the race significantly easier for people struggling. It also seems to be the slowest off the line which helps you get ahead early.

L.Rolland drives the Genesis and seems more consistent, but is one of the slower AIs as well.

For your car, I only tested the 4 gift card we get playing through the game, but the Ford Focus is what I would recommend, because it handles bumps the best, which is the hardest part of this race.

You can run 3:15s, the AI tends to run right around 3:23s. Good luck.

Another method that is incredibly easy, braindead, fail safe, and can be done in controller, likely with a rubber band? Is the first race if American Can-Am. Maxed out Camaro or your choice, 5 laps at Blue moon, takes 4 minutes, and pays 52,500, for 787k an hour.

I'm happy I stumbled upon the Goodwood one by myself. It was still pretty early in the game and I was already in a mini. Decided to enter it and was surprised how easy the 52K was.

It is, in the same way being stabbed in the arm is better than being stabbed in the heart.

Why not neither? Why do people just accept this is how it is and not kick up a fuss at PD?
What are you proposing? What is your solution? You hate racing to earn money, so you just wanted it handed to us for free? I see constant complaining but nothing constructive from you.

Where is the line for you to accept the payouts? Is 1.75M an hour enough you just want more options to earn it? Is 1.75M an hour not enough? Provide literally anything of use to progress the conversation forward rather than spilling your tears in every single thread.

If you spent the time you've wasted crying on this forum just racing, you'd already have millions of credits in the bank.

It is, in the same way being stabbed in the arm is better than being stabbed in the heart.

Why not neither? Why do people just accept this is how it is and not kick up a fuss at PD?
I guess that Sony Interactive Entertainment is the one that manipulated Polyphony Digital to add the overpriced microtransactions.

How many 20 million cars can I buy right now? Because I can't see any available in any dealership.
Based on the lists available there's only a handful in the game and it seems they're all in the legendary store, whenever they cycle in, we'll see.

For me its a joke that eve the 100€ 25hth Anniversary edition does not include like 20m credits, to buy at least 1 legendary car.

Even with 875.000 credits per hour like described, i dont want to grind for ~25hours

How many 20 million cars can I buy right now? Because I can't see any available in any dealership.
There might not even be any. The Legendary cars are priced by Hagerty. They might go near 20 mil but never reach it, or who knows, some might? Only one might? It all depends on the real car market connection with the game, a cool thing even though you've no idea what to expect... When I saw a NA2 NSX in the new car dealer for half a million, I screamed 'what?!'.

What are you proposing? What is your solution? You hate racing to earn money, so you just wanted it handed to us for free? I see constant complaining but nothing constructive from you.
Not having to grind or buy MTs? It's not exactly a crazy idea, is it? You complete all a game has to offer, you got access to all the content.
Where is the line for you to accept the payouts? Is 1.75M an hour enough you just want more options to earn it? Is 1.75M an hour not enough? Provide literally anything of use to progress the conversation forward rather than spilling your tears in every single thread.
1.75M/hr isn't too bad, no. The problem is that there is literally only one option for that. Everything else is far slower.

What is the solution? Well, I thought that was plainly obvious but perhaps I do have to specify it - PD add a lot more events that all pay out a high amount of credits. A huge variety of car types, race types, the lot. All with the same 1.75M per hour credit rate, or more. Then people can actually have fun earning credits.

If everyone just accepts the repetitive grind then PD aren't going to be pressured into changing anything. Get ready for the first update when they don't add any new high paying events but instead reduce the payout for the current rally meta event.

Based on the lists available there's only a handful in the game and it seems they're all in the legendary store, whenever they cycle in, we'll see.

There might not even be any. The Legendary cars are priced by Hagerty. They might go near 20 mil but never reach it, or who knows, some might? Only one might? It all depends on the real car market connection with the game, a cool thing even though you've no idea what to expect... When I saw a NA2 NSX in the new car dealer for half a million, I screamed 'what?!'.

Thanks, so theoretically, when they do cycle in, bigger payout events may accompany them. Who knows, time will tell.

1.75M/hr isn't too bad, no. The problem is that there is literally only one option for that. Everything else is far slower.
You didn't answer the question, so 1.75m is the absolute minimum? Is 1m\hr not acceptable? Where is the line? 1.75 is the meta because it's the peak, but you don't have to be a meta slave. There's multiple options to make 800ish. I cycled through a bunch to experiment, even repeated some of the championship series to calculate the series bonus.

Eventually I favor max efficiency because I'll have more fun getting into the GR3s I line that I love, so I default back to Fisherman's Ranch.

It's an odd paradox, where they screwed up Online lobbies so bad, that I don't mind grinding the offline races right now. So their screw up ended up benefiting my outlook on the game, which is ironic, but sobeit.

For a solution, if I'm being realistic... 1.75m an hour is too high. I would like to see all end-game events have a $ per mile or minutes ratio that reflected 1m an hour. I think they should alter payouts for PP, so that we could get creative with our challenges, by handicapping ourselves for an award bonus.

Custom races should pay equal to that same $ ratio. Drift trials should have payouts. Online racing should have payouts(I think this is a bug).

I don't think money is currently a problem, so I think the vast majority of complaints are being framed poorly. I think we have a lack of events that payout what would be realistic, combined with 1 event that pays too high, and meta slaves being victim to human nature and "gotta have it now" mentality.

If fisherman's ranch was nerfed to 1m an hour, I'd be fine with it, as long as theynlet us do custom races at any track for any class, that paid equal. And again, a scaling factor for PP deficiency would be cool to incentivize a challenge.

The way I have approached this is do one race for fun such as Mount Panarama and then one race purely for credits with my go to being the High Speed Ring (can't stand the rally stuff). I would then throw in a sport mode race but at the moment its not fun and the payout is pitiful so I skip this step for now.

While it's not efficient purely from a credits point of view I get some fun and keep a steady income coming in without burning out on a pure credit grind. The game will be around for a while I don't need to buy everything in the first week and this works for me.

If you spent the time you've wasted crying on this forum just racing, you'd already have millions of credits in the bank.
Well. Back in previous GTs earning money was much easier compared to the amount of grind in current games.

Gran Turismo 4
The fastest way to get money was by doing the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft. According to this, it takes 50 minutes to win the championship. You can also use the B-Spec mode and win the championship at 2x Speed (It should take 25+ minutes aproximately)

15,000 Cr per race
75,000 Cr championship prize
793,000 Cr Mercedes Benz CLK-LM used price

15,000 Cr x 5 + 75,000 Cr + 793,000 Cr = 883,000 Cr. or 2,119,200 Cr/Hour (it would be 9,418,666 Cr/Hour today, since the most expensive cars on current GTs cost 20M)

It takes 2 hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 4,500,000 Cr

Gran Turismo 5 (Post 2.0)

The fastest way to get money was by doing the Expert Level Ferrari Formula Challenge - Nurburgring 24H. According to this, it takes 13 minutes 35 seconds to win the race.

452,700 Cr + 200% Bonus = 905,400 Cr. per race
905,173.5 Cr + 200% Bonus = 1,810,347 Cr. Performance Difference Adjustment

905,400 Cr. + 1,810,347 Cr. = 2,715,747 Cr or 12,069,987 Cr/Hour

It takes 1.66 hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 20,000,000 Cr

Gran Turismo 6

The fastest way to get money was by doing the Red Bull X2014 Standard Championship. According to this, it takes 27 minutes to win the championship.

130,000 Cr. + 200% Bonus = 260.000 Cr per race
500,000 Cr. + 200% Bonus = 1,000,000 Cr championship prize

260,000 Cr x 5 + 1,000,000 Cr = 2,300,000 Cr or 5,111,111 Cr/Hour

It takes 4 hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 20,000,000 Cr

Gran Turismo Sport

The fastest way to get money was by doing the Group 1 Cup - Monza. According to this, it takes 9 minutes to win the race

330,000 Cr per race or 2,200,000 Cr/Hour

It takes 9 hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 20,000,000 Cr

Gran Turismo 7

There is no consensus on what is the fastest way to earn credits. However, many mention that Dirt Champions is the fastest way to earn money.

60,000 Cr per race (including clean race bonus + 30 second menus) or 818,181 Cr/Hour

It takes 24.4 Hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 20,000,000 Cr

Comparison of money percentages per hour

GT4: 47% per hour
GT5: 60% per hour
GT6: 26% per hour
GTS: 11% per hour
GT7: 4% per hour

Last edited:
You didn't answer the question, so 1.75m is the absolute minimum? Is 1m\hr not acceptable? Where is the line? 1.75 is the meta because it's the peak, but you don't have to be a meta slave. There's multiple options to make 800ish. I cycled through a bunch to experiment, even repeated some of the championship series to calculate the series bonus.
I can't give an actual answer because I don't know how many credits I'll need to buy all the cars and tune all of the ones I want, and therefore know how many hours it'd take at whatever rate. We're currently at 250m credits with ~80 cars left to price, so even now at a rate of 1.75M per hour that'd be 142 hours for those cars. At 800K that'd be 312 hours. Then all the costs for tuning and upgrading them to add on top of that.

No, I don't HAVE to earn all the cars but it's being presented as a goal in this game and it's one I'd like to try and attain.

But again, it's not just about the hours. It's about the limited options available to earn that. Namely, one event currently, for the META. Nobody can tell me they're going to have fun doing it.

That's the underlying point here, I WANT to enjoy the game, have fun with it. Don't we all? And to me that would be completing everything the game has set up for me to play, and then going forward just buy any car I want, experiment with upgrading them in different ways, take them to the track, compare them, race them. I spent hours in the old games buying hundreds of cars, upgrading them, and time trialling them around Midfield.

If I don' t have enough credits, I should be able to quickly enter a late game event in pretty much any car, and quickly earn the credits I need so I can go back to having fun. One Day I should be able to enter a GT500 event that takes 90 minutes to earn 2M credits, the next day I might feel like driving a Supercar, so there should be a supercar event that pays the same rate, maybe 45 minutes for 1M.

That's what I used to do in the old games, and it was FUN. Isn't that the point of games, to have fun? So let's hope more people do make it known to PD that we want a lot more variety of ways to earn credits, either with more fixed events with variety that pay well, or by letting us set up custom events.

It takes 2 hours the get the most expensive cars which cost 20,000,000 Cr
Far less, because the most expensive cars in GT4 are only 4,500,000.

Last edited:
So I must've been the only one who found the Mini race at Goodwood difficult? There's a modified red Mini at the back of the grid that's far quicker than everything else, and if it gets through the rest of the grid, you can't outrun it. For me, that race is just completely down to luck. I've been a fan of Gran Turismo since 1998 but this game has really tested me with the offensively obvious chase-the-rabbit format, the cut payouts compared with previous games, the utterly stupid way the rally cars bounce on landing...

It's honestly like they designed the career for this game to annoy its players.

Not having to grind or buy MTs? It's not exactly a crazy idea, is it? You complete all a game has to offer, you got access to all the content.

What is the solution? Well, I thought that was plainly obvious but perhaps I do have to specify it - PD add a lot more events that all pay out a high amount of credits. A huge variety of car types, race types, the lot. All with the same 1.75M per hour credit rate, or more. Then people can actually have fun earning credits.

If everyone just accepts the repetitive grind then PD aren't going to be pressured into changing anything. Get ready for the first update when they don't add any new high paying events but instead reduce the payout for the current rally meta event.

We have to remember it's only been out a few days. GT6 was a massive grind to earn credits until some seasonal events were added, and GT5 wasn't a lot different if memory serves. The whining about this is a bit misguided this early on.

There is PLENTY for the average player to do right now. I'm almost done the menu books, but there are missions and circuit experience to keep busy with. And I've put way more hours into this than the average person. Probably between 30 and 40, shamefully haha.

If PD gave me access already to one or two 20 million dollar cars, it would give me less to look forward to. I want to earn those cars. And if they add events continuously, which I expect them to do, it'll be fun to earn those credits.

I believe for an example we should look at GT 4, 5 and 6. Not Sport

Well. Back in previous GTs earning money was much easier compared to the amount of grind in current games.

Gran Turismo 4
The fastest way to get money was by doing the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft. According to this, it takes 50 minutes to win the championship. You can also use the B-Spec mode and win the championship at 2x Speed (It should take 25+ minutes aproximately)

15,000 Cr per race
75,000 Cr championship prize
793,000 Cr Mercedes Benz CLK-LM used price

15,000 Cr x 5 + 75,000 Cr + 793,000 Cr = 883,000 Cr. or 2,119,200 Cr/Hour

It takes 2 hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 4,500,000 Cr

Gran Turismo 6

The fastest way to get money was by doing the Red Bull X2014 Standard Championship. According to this, it takes 27 minutes to win the championship.

130,000 Cr. + 200% Bonus = 260.000 Cr per race
500,000 Cr. + 200% Bonus = 1,000,000 Cr championship prize

260,000 Cr x 5 + 1,000,000 Cr = 2,300,000 Cr or 5,111,111 Cr/Hour

It takes 4 hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 20,000,000 Cr

Gran Turismo Sport

The fastest way to get money was by doing the Group 1 Cup - Monza. According to this, it takes 9 minutes to win the race

330,000 Cr per race or 2,200,000 Cr/Hour

It takes 9 hours to get the most expensive cars which cost 20,000,000 Cr
The fastest way to earn credits in Gt 6 was Quick Match (when the servers were still active), and by a great margin. ;)

So I must've been the only one who found the Mini race at Goodwood difficult? There's a modified red Mini at the back of the grid that's far quicker than everything else, and if it gets through the rest of the grid, you can't outrun it. For me, that race is just completely down to luck. I've been a fan of Gran Turismo since 1998 but this game has really tested me with the offensively obvious chase-the-rabbit format, the cut payouts compared with previous games, the utterly stupid way the rally cars bounce on landing...

It's honestly like they designed the career for this game to annoy its players.
I really don't get why it's 9/10 times chase the rabbit. It's fun for a few times, but standing start races is where the real racing is at. At a rally, try to brake slightly before the two biggest jumps.

Back