The Epic Senna Content Praise Thread

While I don't think I'll be able to connect my PS3 online anytime soon, its so nice to see some of the greatest racing machines, like the Lotus 97T, that were driven by one of the greatest racing drivers make it to GT6, and from what I hear, come with sounds that are great. :)

I don't know what you're on about. I'm in Palmer, Alaska, and the 1.5GB update took about 12 minutes to download. I'd have thought us Alaskans would have some of the worst internet in the USA.
Likely because in Alaska you're neighborhoods aren't carved up to provide mini monopolies of ISP's. Here the only choice is AT&T and the fastest speed they offer my neighborhood is 3mbps. Most the areas in the US aren't any different, just faster speeds.

I'm a big fan of Senna the person, and racecar driver...but I can't lie, this content does little to enhance my gaming experience with GT.

That said, really big props to PD for the job they did with this package. The cars look and sound amazing!! Fingers crossed that this is the new standard PD is setting for themselves in regards to all content they add to GT6, and for future GTs.

The best cars in the game. Great sound, great feel and the content was a little heart wrenching watching it. I sat in shock watching live just over 20 years ago as a 13 year old. I just knew he was gone. R.i.p. Senna and good job on the cars and content PD

Funnily enough I'd say the biggest contribution this has made to the game has been the countless F3 one make races that are now online.
Been staying up way too late last couple nights because of the f3 and f1 one makes. We ran a 3 lap lotus race at spa with 100% surface water and 100% weather on racing heavy wets and a 8 or 10 car field and it was pure insane enjoyment

Why does everything have to be epic?

Anyhow, I was quite pleased to see and take part in the Ayrton Senna challenges. The wonderful classical music paired with the insights of Ayrton Senna kind of made me want to cry at some points. These events make you appreciate just how special A. Senna was. Even if you don't know anything about Formula 1 or racing, I think these challenges will help you appreciate just what he brought to racing.

Only thing better would have been if you could relive or rewrite history from some of Senna's moments. Like for example, what if you could re-enact the Senna vs. Prost battles or the epic first win at Interlagos? Or any other race featured in "Senna?"

I was very pleased still. You're probably going to need a wheel (or be a damn good DualShock 3 racer) to get Gold in these four events. I would grade the Ayrton Senna Tribute with an A- or an A.

I don't have much praise for the Senna content really. It was just a bunch of hotlap events as usual, pretty bland and to me a sign that PD are way behind the times pumping out the same old **** over and over, it's time they stepped up and made something more interesting, the cars are appreciated but GT6 launched in a very much unfinished state and is still less of an overall game than GT5. Anyway, some thoughts.

Monza 1980s : It's a cool track but it doesn't look very 1980s, it looks very 2013 Gran Turismo 6 with all the same reused textures and the adjusted layout. Fun but nothing special.

Brands Hatch : Same as Monza.

Formula 3 car : Too much grip, sounds pretty cool and drives alright but it's not really very realistic, the lack of fidelity, detail, feel... General floatyness of the GT6 engine (which makes all racing cars feel lifeless as hell for some reason) didn't help.

Lotus 1985 F1 car
: The gearbox does not work with a clutch, it misses 4th gear like every time and it's infuriating, having to attempt 4th gear 4 times in a row every upshift in Monza was annoying, and yet I still beat the gold by 3 seconds. Which leads me to this point... Too much grip, not enough turbo lag... absolutely no feel in the brakes or the wheel, general floatyness all round.. But altogether the car is so overly fast that you can absolutely destroy any real life laptime.

At Brands Hatch I gave up on the clutch and h-shifter because dealing with the on/off lockup nature of the brakes (no abs) was annoying enough without having to deal with it missing 2 gear changes per lap. I couldn't get on with the car at all, no feel for it really and really I felt like it was anyones guess as to whether I was gonna make a corner at any point because I felt so disconnected. I managed to beat Gold by around 1 second with a pretty messy lap, couple of lockups but nothing major.

Overall a big meh, 5 hotlap events was not really worth waiting for and I think I've been so spoiled by Assetto Corsa since I last played GT6 that I find it hard to enjoy it, GT6 is so so far behind in terms of physics and overall feel of the driving that it I just feel a bit numb and bleh after playing.

I don't have much praise for the Senna content really. It was just a bunch of hotlap events as usual, pretty bland and to me a sign that PD are way behind the times pumping out the same old **** over and over, it's time they stepped up and made something more interesting, the cars are appreciated but GT6 launched in a very much unfinished state and is still less of an overall game than GT5. Anyway, some thoughts.

Monza 1980s : It's a cool track but it doesn't look very 1980s, it looks very 2013 Gran Turismo 6 with all the same reused textures and the adjusted layout. Fun but nothing special.

Brands Hatch : Same as Monza.

Formula 3 car : Too much grip, sounds pretty cool and drives alright but it's not really very realistic, the lack of fidelity, detail, feel... General floatyness of the GT6 engine (which makes all racing cars feel lifeless as hell for some reason) didn't help.
Lotus 1985 F1 car : The gearbox does not work with a clutch, it misses 4th gear like every time and it's infuriating, having to attempt 4th gear 4 times in a row every upshift in Monza was annoying, and yet I still beat the gold by 3 seconds. Which leads me to this point... Too much grip, not enough turbo lag... absolutely no feel in the brakes or the wheel, general floatyness all round.. But altogether the car is so overly fast that you can absolutely destroy any real life laptime.

At Brands Hatch I gave up on the clutch and h-shifter because dealing with the on/off lockup nature of the brakes (no abs) was annoying enough without having to deal with it missing 2 gear changes per lap. I couldn't get on with the car at all, no feel for it really and really I felt like it was anyones guess as to whether I was gonna make a corner at any point because I felt so disconnected. I managed to beat Gold by around 1 second with a pretty messy lap, couple of lockups but nothing major.

Overall a big meh, 5 hotlap events was not really worth waiting for and I think I've been so spoiled by Assetto Corsa since I last played GT6 that I find it hard to enjoy it, GT6 is so so far behind in terms of physics and overall feel of the driving that it I just feel a bit numb and bleh after playing.

Wrong thread man.

The cars are awesome and it's good that the content isn't just around the modern track layouts. My issue is mentioning his wet spa lap, but not having that as a lap... One wet, one dry lap to win the car. Also I hate the fact that I beat his Monza lap on my 4th go on a pretty untidy lap, I could take probably a second off if I nailed every turn. To me this bit feels like I've defaced his legend, to a degree. I want Senna to be this god of motorsport, who was taken away too soon and who we may never see again, and me beating one of his times on my £75 steering wheel in my room wasn't a cause for celebration, for me.

Tl:dr - cars awesome, love them. Whole principal, could be done better!

Likely because in Alaska you're neighborhoods aren't carved up to provide mini monopolies of ISP's. Here the only choice is AT&T and the fastest speed they offer my neighborhood is 3mbps. Most the areas in the US aren't any different, just faster speeds.
Oh wow. That's a bit unfortunate. Also yeah, Alaska only has two wire-based ISPs: GCI (cable modem) and MTA (DSL). The internet price only gets reasonable with bundling packages.

We need a base model F3.

Just a default white model, with a number and color to be changed.
I don't know it there's a licensing issue or what the story is, but of all the cars in the game to have a base model, you've got to think this would be near the top of the list. A field of these with different colours and maybe some basic liveries and number plates would make an ideal one-make racing series.

Ok, I surrender! These cars are awesome.

As a kid I build a gocart very similar the DAP (actually a copy of a Dino) with a friend from school, but never got the chance to drive it before it was sold. This is the closest I'll get :D

Next up, is the F3 car, which will be great fun on Bathhurst.

And finally the Lotus is just mindblowing. I just took for a spin at the Nordscliefe, and soon realized that I was on the fouth lap. Everything felt like a blink of an eye. The sound is perfect, and the handling is excellent once you get used to it.

Btw. Does anyone know what those digital displays over the steering wheel are for?

Thanks PD. Great work! The future's so bright you gotta wear shades :cool:

Ok, I surrender! These cars are awesome.

As a kid I build a gocart very similar the DAP (actually a copy of a Dino) with a friend from school, but never got the chance to drive it before it was sold. This is the closest I'll get :D

And finally the Lotus is just mindblowing. I just took for a spin at the Nordscliefe, and soon realized that I was on the fouth lap. Everything felt like a blink of an eye. The sound is perfect, and the handling is excellent once you get used to it.

Btw. Does anyone know what those digital displays over the steering wheel are for?

Thanks PD. Great work! The future's so bright you gotta wear shades :cool:
If I had to guess, the left one could be either oil or water temperature as it does go up when your going for it and the right one I'm not sure about.

The only part of me that feels upset about the new Senna content was when after watching the final 20+ minute clip and scanning the credits to try to find who this "translator-San" is, I saw:

Translation ... - ... "House of Transcription"

But other than that, I love it. All of it.

Yes, thats the first thing i did as well:P
It is surprisingly and pleasantly challenging to beat bots at Bathhurst at least, partially due to just how insanely effective drafting is in this car.

Also did anyone else watching those slideshows felt a really strong urge to drive this car:

2730733197_3dfc522c28.jpg

Last edited:
So has anyone notice that the 97t can be moded into a 98t? The other rear wing os from the 98t, those intakes instead of winglets are from the 98t, the second paint scheme with the logos instead of the letters... 98t, and a few other stuff from the aero parts is from the 98t, manly the decal positioning. I've read that the performance was basically the same... Dont quotee on that.. So technically pd gave us 2 80's f1 cars driven by senna. I say well played PD, well played

So has anyone notice that the 97t can be moded into a 98t? The other rear wing os from the 98t, those intakes instead of winglets are from the 98t, the second paint scheme with the logos instead of the letters... 98t, and a few other stuff from the aero parts is from the 98t, manly the decal positioning. I've read that the performance was basically the same... Dont quotee on that.. So technically pd gave us 2 80's f1 cars driven by senna. I say well played PD, well played

Not quite. All those modifications were available on the 97T. For example, the winglets would be used on tracks requiring more downforce (such as Estoril where they were used); same thing for the larger double rear wing, for even more downforce (including Brands Hatch). They weren't necessarily used together though; for example at Brands it had the larger wing but not the little winglets, and instead had the little air inlets to cool the turbos (which can replace the winglets in GT6).

The 98T had an extra 100-200 HP in qualifying trim and had a completely different, and flat/rectangular, front wing while the 97T's is angular. Among more noticeable things, an easy way to spot the difference between the 97T and 98T is that the 97T has Olympus Cameras as a sponsor on the side of the car while the 98T has DeLonghi (which is also a trim unavailable in GT6).

Back