The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
I'm refusing to take out a loan, I'm making my own money by doing quick jobs and upgrading specific areas to get bigger bonuses. :P

I took a 100k loan for a truck, 100k for a second truck and a driver and 200k for garage updates. Now that I have two drivers the money simply rolls in, and I've been able to pay off all my loans :D.

Plus, I'm no longer running mod-free, as I decided to get an "easier economy"-mod, and I haven't regretted it!

Yeah, I usually saved up about 30k and take the 100k loan to get my own truck to be independent and to get the "big fishes"

There are enough games on the calender to justify an upgrade.
It's a fun game and a nice change of pace next to other games.

I used to have a trucking game called 18 wheels of steel or something. Was really fun.

Some of the games I see in game make you wonder what kind of people play these games. Farming simulator! Surgery simulator! Really? :lol:

Is it a good enough game to excuse a few hundred pound expense?
If you've got the money and want to spend them, yes of course.
Also that 👍.
I used to have a trucking game called 18 wheels of steel or something. Was really fun.

Some of the games I see in game make you wonder what kind of people play these games. Farming simulator! Surgery simulator! Really? :lol:

18WOS was actually developed by the same company (SCS) who developed ETS, so you can expect the openness and fun to be just as good.

There are many of those simulators nowadays. One still stands out; the vacuum cleaner-simulator, which LogiForce found :lol:.

New update:
Minimum requirement for Going East! DLC

DATA
*Truck interiors appropriate for selected cabin type
*Several new cars in the AI traffic
*Lot of map tweaks especially in German/Poland area

CODE
*Improved upgrade shop (addons and wheels handling, interiors) - you may encounter unexpected changes when shop is fixing your truck state
*Fixed pedestrians disappearing
*Fixed driver logs
*Polished automatic gearbox logic
*Consumption gauge and air pressure screen on Scania dashboard
*Hazard warning made independent of blinkers

OPTIONS
*Steering sensitivity slider range increased (both directions)
*Steering non-linearity properly used with mouse
*Added rumble stripe sound check-box so that it's possible to switch it off

:)

Did any if you watch Paul aka DaSquirrelsNuts live stream interview with the CEO of SGS and the mod developer of ProMod?

Was worth a watch. He has put it up on his YouTube channel.

Did any if you watch Paul aka DaSquirrelsNuts live stream interview with the CEO of SGS and the mod developer of ProMod? Was worth a watch. He has put it up on his YouTube channel.

Yeah, a lot of info from Pavel.

A few highlights:
- No weather affects (snow, etc) until ETS3
- ETS2 will be supported for at least 2 to 3 years from now, if not longer
- World of Trucks will end up being a layer on top of ETS2 like DCS World is on top of A10 Warthog. So the new Bus Driver 2 will also fall under 'World of Trucks' as well as many other ideas like tow truck sims, fire truck sims and so on. So that you basically get a big MMO simulation world in which people of different professions work and interect together.
- ETS2 Linux version will come out at the same time or soon after Going East! Comes out. The Mac version is to follow soon.
- They are hiring more people so they can release more new content quicker. This includes map expansion DLC, but also updates with new free trucks for everyone to enjoy.
- There will be an all new A.I. which has a far more advanced interaction and awareness than what we have now.
- Due to limitations of the current A.I. the on and off ramps are the way they are now, in their unrealistic shape. With the new A.I. more advanced and realistic on and off ramps will be possible. So these will get overhauled after the new A.I. gets implemented.

There was more I believe but he talked for 2 hours, so it was hard to remember it all.
I have included the interview below for the convenience of all of you. :)

I look forward for the on/off ramps to be changed... Especially that narrow one with the sign (or is it a lamppost? :confused:) in the middle. :dopey:

To bad I missed out on Pavels interview, but I did see Nico, from ProMods'. I think he said they're planning on doing a complete map-make-over, but that wouldn't be in the nearest future though.

I look forward for the on/off ramps to be changed... Especially that narrow one with the sign (or is it a lamppost? :confused:) in the middle. :dopey: To bad I missed out on Pavels interview, but I did see Nico, from ProMods'. I think he said they're planning on doing a complete map-make-over, but that wouldn't be in the nearest future though.

I am looking forward to World of Trucks as well though. Just driving around and playing interacting with others seems fun.
Especially if they can implement a CB simulator, so that you can interact via speech with other nearby truckers. It would be even more fun if SCS could find a manufacturer to make a CB style microphone with mute button that wires up either via USB or jackplug to hang on your rig somewhere and use while driving. :)

I suppose there's ways to communicate while in-game at the moment, but I'm not sure. Though what you describe, that would seriously be so cool. :D

I suppose there's ways to communicate while in-game at the moment, but I'm not sure. Though what you describe, that would seriously be so cool. :D

The game is currently singleplayer only, so there is no need for communication. Also the ability to do so is not present for that very reason.

Btw, did you already install the following mod? I saw it on the Squirrel's channel today and it made things look much more real.

Trailer mod pack 2.0: http://www.modsaholic.com/forums/index.php/files/file/339-trailers-mod-pack/

The game is currently singleplayer only, so there is no need for communication. Also the ability to do so is not present for that very reason.
Even though it is singleplayer, couldn't something like TeamSpeak work for communication at the moment? :dopey:
Btw, did you already install the following mod? I saw it on the Squirrel's channel today and it made things look much more real.

No, not yet... Though I'll get it next time I go trucking, as I've actually been looking for such a mod. :D:tup:

Even though it is singleplayer, couldn't something like TeamSpeak work for communication at the moment? :dopey: No, not yet... Though I'll get it next time I go trucking, as I've actually been looking for such a mod. :D:tup:

You could use a tamtam or smoke signals for all I care, but without in-game interaction between players it would not be more than a phone call or being inside a chatroom while you play a game. In other words without in-game player interaction the communication will be unrelated to your game or the game of the person you chat with. And I mean that in a different way then simply talking about a game and giving tips, as that would again be more like a phone call.

I still need a real company mod though. Still looking. :)

I've been modding this game left, right and center trying to find as many working truck mods as possible and it works well for the most part, but for some reason every Volvo mod I've ever used either crashes the game upon trying to customize the cab, or produces several faults in the game log. It's ridiculous. :lol:

What mods are you guys using, if any?

I've been modding this game left, right and center trying to find as many working truck mods as possible and it works well for the most part, but for some reason every Volvo mod I've ever used either crashes the game upon trying to customize the cab, or produces several faults in the game log. It's ridiculous. :lol:

What mods are you guys using, if any?

I was using the ProMod map mod, but the textures went haywire so I removed that. I don't feel like trying the TSM map mod after that either.

For the rest I tend to use these three currently...

Realistic Physics: http://www.modsaholic.com/forums/index.php/files/file/218-realistic-physics-mod-pack/

Trailers Mod Pack: http://www.modsaholic.com/forums/index.php/files/file/339-trailers-mod-pack/

TSM Heavy Trailer Pack: http://www.modsaholic.com/forums/index.php/files/file/292-tsm-heavy-trailer-pack/

Also I found after getting the TrackIR that using one is a must with this game. Looking around with the joystick on the CSW is a pain in the ass and I always ended up crashing into someone or someone into me. :ouch:

That's odd. If you're using the latest version, have you tried the "z" trick?

Put one, two or several z's in front of the mod's name (lower or upper case, doesn't matter) and that should resolve any incompatibility issues.

Also I found after getting the TrackIR that using one is a must with this game. Looking around with the joystick on the CSW is a pain in the ass and I always ended up crashing into someone or someone into me. :ouch:

Same for the T500, hence why I "upgraded" to FreeTrackNoIR today. I still need to fine tune it a bit, but it works.

Also, it looks like World of Trucks' up and running after the 1.6.0/1.6.1 update:

World of Trucks site launched
*Photo Studio - includes Photo-mode and Screenshot *Manager allowing upload of your best screenshots to World of Trucks
*Online profiles - ability to connect your profile to your World of Trucks account
*New Iveco Stralis Hi-Way sounds recorded from actual truck
*Individual air-horn sounds
*Realistic fuel consumption option
*Adaptive automatic transmission option
*Shorter jobs generation probability increased
*License plate changes fixed
*(1.6.1) Fixed crash when a truck uses addons from removed mods
*(1.6.1) Increased length of input in UI related to World of Trucks accounts

I like how you can get custom plates, which is changeable, with whatever you like. I got a German plate with "DEAN" at the moment. 👍

Really wish I could find something like this for PS3. I'm trying so hard to save up for a computer but I suck at it!

Well, this is it. I used to play ETS2 a lot until a failed attempt to get my DFGT to work with it screwed up the menus. I've now reinstalled and hopefully, I can get the wheel to rotate 900 degrees and get the game to work!

Well, this is it. I used to play ETS2 a lot until a failed attempt to get my DFGT to work with it screwed up the menus. I've now reinstalled and hopefully, I can get the wheel to rotate 900 degrees and get the game to work!

Ehm, as far as I am aware steering wheel rotation isn't controlled by the game. So just set it properly in the driver.

I do recommend using 800 degrees for ETS2 though, seems to match up the on-screen wheel better.

Have you tried deleting the driver and reinstall it, FH?

---
And, I've seen someone driving with the T500 and his/her wheel matched the ingame wheel, yet I can't get mine to... any ideas? :indiff:

Have you tried deleting the driver and reinstall it, FH?

---
And, I've seen someone driving with the T500 and his/her wheel matched the ingame wheel, yet I can't get mine to... any ideas? :indiff:

Lots of alt tabbing from game to driver and changing the degrees, but like I said 800 degrees should work.

Back