The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Don't panic

What if I want to?

I had no idea there was a dekotora mod for ETS2, upon discovering that I went from a 'I'll buy when it's 75% off' to 'I'll buy it next time there's any kind of discount'. Even though it'll probably be pointless as it'll more than likely look the same from the cockpit as any other truck.

What if I want to?

I had no idea there was a dekotora mod for ETS2, upon discovering that I went from a 'I'll buy when it's 75% off' to 'I'll buy it next time there's any kind of discount'. Even though it'll probably be pointless as it'll more than likely look the same from the cockpit as any other truck.

It's 75% off on Gamers Gate - you get a steam key from them too http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?prio=relevance&q=euro truck

firehound, I found to get it working properly with my DFGT I needed to uninstall motioninjoy

Last edited:
Lots of alt tabbing from game to driver and changing the degrees, but like I said 800 degrees should work.

I'll give it a try and report back. Hopefully it'll work, but I don't really know for sure because of the power steering makes the ingame wheel move less when driving...

I'll give it a try and report back. Hopefully it'll work, but I don't really know for sure because of the power steering makes the ingame wheel move less when driving...

Never noticed this before. :confused:
I did notice lag in the wheel movement, but that's about it.

I'm not sure if I might've got a wrong setting or something, but it started after the update to 1.3.1 (or was it 1.4.1)... :indiff:

Edit: Could it be the nonlinearity setting I've gotten wrong?

Last edited:
I know right? With the DFGT I'm loving this game. Started over in Paris, done three deliveries already and I want to get back on and do some more driving. Can't wait to get my company started! That, and a test-drive of the new Stralis Hi-Way...

EDIT: Just remembered some good news for lovers of Swedish muscle. The brand-new, Euro 6-spec Volvo FH is coming soon!

Last edited:
This game is amazing. That's all I have to say right now.

Welcome to the dark side... :lol:

---
Anyway, I finally figured it all out about the steering. I had a wrong setting for the nonlinearity and for the centering. I also changed down to 798 degrees of rotation and it works brilliantly at the moment (thanks for the rotation tip, LF :cheers:)!

Early implementation footage of the Oculus Rift into our favourite trucking game. :sly:

Turns out my hours are going to be increasing at work so an extra £50+ a week. That's going straight I saving for a PC. Give it 2-3 months and I'll be getting this.

Does it have any sort of online playability?

For now, there's no online, apart from the implementation of WoT, which gives custom plates and allows for upload of photos only. I'm not sure if there's any plan of making a multiplayer-mod or something.

For now, there's no online, apart from the implementation of WoT, which gives custom plates and allows for upload of photos only. I'm not sure if there's any plan of making a multiplayer-mod or something.

WoT is the online MMO implementation. These early features are the first baby steps towards what will eventually become a massive transport MMO.

What they are basically testing now with these simple things is.

- Client-Server communications
- Server load. Can de server(s) handle the amount of users. Is the internet connection bandwidth high enough to the server(s).
- Continues debugging each newfeature implementation, rather than implementing a massive system and debugging afterwards

And maybe more of those things. Plus it makes the ETS2 players happy with some new features along the way.

Anyway... where is patch 1.7. I want that new Volvo. And than right after halloween patch 1.8 with the new AI please. :P

It'd be pretty cool to have a convoy along the highway late into night with a flask of coffee and the radio on.

According to SCS's blog, 1.7 is now live for Steam users, including the new FH. The 16-liter powerhouse, the FH16 is also included. Patch should be out for the rest of us soon.

There doesn't appear to be anything else ATM, just the new Euro 6 Volvos. I have however, got wind of a Halloween DLC paint pack.

This is now on a daily deal on Steam for 66% off at €6.79.

Edit:

Also the new patch 1.7.0s was released with the new Volvo FH and FH16. :)

Edit Edit:

They also have released a Halloween Paint Job Pack DLC for €1.99.

http://blog.scssoft.com/

Last edited:
Seems like 1.7 is already available for torrent-download (only, so far) for non-Steam users. Hopefully the rest of the regular links will be up soon. 👍

I think the regular download links for 1.70 are now up. I'd still recommend using Torrent for now if you know how as the servers are likely to be crammed with people downloading.

Knowing how to use torrent?
Download Bittorrent client of choice, install and double click on the torrent file of the item you wish to download.
It's not that hard. :sly:

I heard from the Squirrel that 1.8 with the new AI is just going to be released in "a matter of weeks and not months". So that's good news. :D

Isn't torrents (and clients) filled with viruses and stuff? :confused:

Anyway, I look forward to the new AI. Hopefully they'll use their rear view mirrors when the update's there... :lol:

Isn't torrents (and clients) filled with viruses and stuff? :confused: Anyway, I look forward to the new AI. Hopefully they'll use their rear view mirrors when the update's there... :lol:

Dependsc because it's P2P then of course you're going to get some people who do it but if you use it a lot then you get a regular set of uploaders that you know are clean.

I did notice yesterday that SCS uploaded 18 WOS to a BitTorrent link straight from their website. Promoting the enemy much....

So guys, since 1.7.0 is live - and has been for quite a while - I thought I'd get rid of my MAN, and get the new Volvo. I must say, it's way faster than the old MAN, but it surely needs a bigger petrol-tank. I get about 2000 kilometre (as stated in the in-car-display) with a full tank, and using a good 20-30 L in the lower RPMs, and up to 130 L in 10th, at 2200-2500 RPM it doesn't last long. Nevertheless, it's really nice. :)

Anyway, here it is:
0000000000010F3E.jpg

(I should get a GTPlanet plate actually :D)

Well, due to the extra revenue from the Halloween Paint Pack, the guys at SCS have been able to spend a session recording car crash sounds. Expect that in a patch soon. Why am I telling you this? Next on the agenda is a V8...

Sorry for the bump/double post, but I have some ETS2 news.
Update 1.71 is coming soon, and will:
Tweak some truck gearboxes
Give a new exclusive interior to the Volvo FH16
Fix and tweak some Volvo tuning parts
Give the ability to customize the Volvo FH cabin decal.
Also, SCS' modelers recently got their hands on a new Euro 6 DAF XF, so be sure to keep an eye out!

Back