The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

Discussion in 'European Truck Simulator 2' started by Dean J, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Firehound427

Firehound427

Don't panic, I got it working in the end.

2. neema_t

neema_t Premium

What if I want to?

I had no idea there was a dekotora mod for ETS2, upon discovering that I went from a 'I'll buy when it's 75% off' to 'I'll buy it next time there's any kind of discount'. Even though it'll probably be pointless as it'll more than likely look the same from the cockpit as any other truck.

3. rfa

rfa

It's 75% off on Gamers Gate - you get a steam key from them too http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/games?prio=relevance&q=euro truck

firehound, I found to get it working properly with my DFGT I needed to uninstall motioninjoy

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  4. neema_t

neema_t Premium

Wow, good spot! I'm usually the one pointing out the bargains around here... Thanks!

5. Dean

Dean

I'll give it a try and report back. Hopefully it'll work, but I don't really know for sure because of the power steering makes the ingame wheel move less when driving...

6. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Never noticed this before. :confused:
    I did notice lag in the wheel movement, but that's about it.

7. Dean

Dean

I'm not sure if I might've got a wrong setting or something, but it started after the update to 1.3.1 (or was it 1.4.1)... :indiff:

Edit: Could it be the nonlinearity setting I've gotten wrong?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  8. neema_t

neema_t Premium

This game is amazing. That's all I have to say right now.

9. Firehound427

Firehound427

I know right? With the DFGT I'm loving this game. Started over in Paris, done three deliveries already and I want to get back on and do some more driving. Can't wait to get my company started! That, and a test-drive of the new Stralis Hi-Way...

EDIT: Just remembered some good news for lovers of Swedish muscle. The brand-new, Euro 6-spec Volvo FH is coming soon!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  10. Dean

Dean

Welcome to the dark side... :lol:

---
    Anyway, I finally figured it all out about the steering. I had a wrong setting for the nonlinearity and for the centering. I also changed down to 798 degrees of rotation and it works brilliantly at the moment (thanks for the rotation tip, LF :cheers:)!

11. DriftStyle

DriftStyle

Thought I'd install Truck Sim Map. WOW! Adds an unbelievable amounts of map to the game.

12. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Early implementation footage of the Oculus Rift into our favourite trucking game. :sly:

13. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

Sweet! They're including the Oculus Rift!!

14. Dean

Dean

Okay, that's seriously cool! I believe that there is a must-own object, now...

15. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

Turns out my hours are going to be increasing at work so an extra £50+ a week. That's going straight I saving for a PC. Give it 2-3 months and I'll be getting this.

Does it have any sort of online playability?

16. Dean

Dean

For now, there's no online, apart from the implementation of WoT, which gives custom plates and allows for upload of photos only. I'm not sure if there's any plan of making a multiplayer-mod or something.

17. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

WoT is the online MMO implementation. These early features are the first baby steps towards what will eventually become a massive transport MMO.

What they are basically testing now with these simple things is.

- Client-Server communications
    - Server load. Can de server(s) handle the amount of users. Is the internet connection bandwidth high enough to the server(s).
    - Continues debugging each newfeature implementation, rather than implementing a massive system and debugging afterwards

And maybe more of those things. Plus it makes the ETS2 players happy with some new features along the way.

Anyway... where is patch 1.7. I want that new Volvo. And than right after halloween patch 1.8 with the new AI please. :p

18. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

It'd be pretty cool to have a convoy along the highway late into night with a flask of coffee and the radio on.

19. Firehound427

Firehound427

According to SCS's blog, 1.7 is now live for Steam users, including the new FH. The 16-liter powerhouse, the FH16 is also included. Patch should be out for the rest of us soon.

20. Dean

Dean

Is there any info about whether or not 1.7 fixes anything?

21. Firehound427

Firehound427

There doesn't appear to be anything else ATM, just the new Euro 6 Volvos. I have however, got wind of a Halloween DLC paint pack.

22. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

This is now on a daily deal on Steam for 66% off at €6.79.

Edit:

Also the new patch 1.7.0s was released with the new Volvo FH and FH16. :)

Edit Edit:

They also have released a Halloween Paint Job Pack DLC for €1.99.

http://blog.scssoft.com/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  23. Dean

Dean

Seems like 1.7 is already available for torrent-download (only, so far) for non-Steam users. Hopefully the rest of the regular links will be up soon. :tup:

24. Firehound427

Firehound427

I think the regular download links for 1.70 are now up. I'd still recommend using Torrent for now if you know how as the servers are likely to be crammed with people downloading.

25. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

Knowing how to use torrent?
    Download Bittorrent client of choice, install and double click on the torrent file of the item you wish to download.
    It's not that hard. :sly:

I heard from the Squirrel that 1.8 with the new AI is just going to be released in "a matter of weeks and not months". So that's good news. :D

26. Dean

Dean

Isn't torrents (and clients) filled with viruses and stuff? :confused:

Anyway, I look forward to the new AI. Hopefully they'll use their rear view mirrors when the update's there... :lol:

27. m8h3r

m8h3r Premium

Dependsc because it's P2P then of course you're going to get some people who do it but if you use it a lot then you get a regular set of uploaders that you know are clean.

I did notice yesterday that SCS uploaded 18 WOS to a BitTorrent link straight from their website. Promoting the enemy much....

28. Dean

Dean

So guys, since 1.7.0 is live - and has been for quite a while - I thought I'd get rid of my MAN, and get the new Volvo. I must say, it's way faster than the old MAN, but it surely needs a bigger petrol-tank. I get about 2000 kilometre (as stated in the in-car-display) with a full tank, and using a good 20-30 L in the lower RPMs, and up to 130 L in 10th, at 2200-2500 RPM it doesn't last long. Nevertheless, it's really nice. :)

Anyway, here it is:
    [​IMG]
    (I should get a GTPlanet plate actually :D)

29. Firehound427

Firehound427

Well, due to the extra revenue from the Halloween Paint Pack, the guys at SCS have been able to spend a session recording car crash sounds. Expect that in a patch soon. Why am I telling you this? Next on the agenda is a V8...

Dean J likes this.
  30. Firehound427

Firehound427

Sorry for the bump/double post, but I have some ETS2 news.
    Update 1.71 is coming soon, and will:
    Tweak some truck gearboxes
    Give a new exclusive interior to the Volvo FH16
    Fix and tweak some Volvo tuning parts
    Give the ability to customize the Volvo FH cabin decal.
    Also, SCS' modelers recently got their hands on a new Euro 6 DAF XF, so be sure to keep an eye out!

Dean likes this.