The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Making it true to life is hard. The devs left the building blocks in the middle of the capital Budapest for now though. Which to me looks a lot like how one used to build a track in Stunts 4D Sport Driving back in the day.
So you have standard pieces for straight roads, on ramps, off ramps, etc.
I think the hard thing is making the map's surface accurate with elevations, lakes, placement of trees and other vegetation. Plus making all the buildings in the scenery and texturing them and than placing them.

To me the Hungary map feels more ruggid and lived in. Heck, I almost ran over a bunny yesterday that crossed the road suddenly. I haven't seen that in the other maps! So be sure your pedals can take the force of emergency braking (i.e. Do not brake your loadcells by excessive force).
The only downside is that the map is incomplete and has some issues like invisible walls on rare occasion. Though of course this will be fixed and more (300!) cities will be available in the next update.

Seems it is really worth it to install and begin a new career. I forgot how relaxing this sim could be!

I hope some day this will be available to play online. Having your company with friends (like a clan), most efficient company, maybe even stealing clients, that would be very cool.

I know someone's developing a multiplayer modification, but how far they currently are in the process, I don't really know for sure. Hopefully they're close to releasing it soon, because that would just be very cool indeed, @Carlos. :D

I know someone's developing a multiplayer modification, but how far they currently are in the process, I don't really know for sure. Hopefully they're close to releasing it soon, because that would just be very cool indeed, @Carlos. :D

Thanks! 👍 I'll look it up and try to find this someone you're talking about :D unless you know... Hehe.

Well, as far as I know, this is their official Facebook page. There's lots of fake files out there, which are probably filled with virus, so don't download anything for your own safety. 👍

There's many sites, which all feature different skins, so it depends on what you want. You can of course also make your own or ask those who know how to, to make one for you. 👍

Seems it is really worth it to install and begin a new career. I forgot how relaxing this sim could be!

I hope some day this will be available to play online. Having your company with friends (like a clan), most efficient company, maybe even stealing clients, that would be very cool.

World of trucks is the beginning of adding 'community features' and later multiplayer to ETS 2.

Link: http://worldoftrucks.com/

Look also at the videos of ThaSquirrelNuts on youtube. He has an interview on there with SCS head Pavel... something. I forgot his name. In that video he talks about multiplayer and multiplayer in relation to world of trucks.

World of trucks is the beginning of adding 'community features' and later multiplayer to ETS 2.

Link: http://worldoftrucks.com/

Look also at the videos of ThaSquirrelNuts on youtube. He has an interview on there with SCS head Pavel... something. I forgot his name. In that video he talks about multiplayer and multiplayer in relation to world of trucks.

Thank you! Checking that website out right now, there's a lot you can edit, so much I didn't know! Even interior bits and what not. Though I'm a little confused. I see posts about sound recordings etc. Do they have official connections with the makers of ETS2 or...? Do they make updates for them?

Thank you! Checking that website out right now, there's a lot you can edit, so much I didn't know! Even interior bits and what not. Though I'm a little confused. I see posts about sound recordings etc. Do they have official connections with the makers of ETS2 or...? Do they make updates for them?

WorldofTrucks is the online platform made by SCS themselves. ;)

The sound recording videos in the featured section or by SCS themselves too. You can find them on the SCS blog as well.
SCS controls the contents of what is in that featured section.

Also I'm playing ets gold with uk roads do they have mods for the 1st game I'm going to buy the latest version soon although I would like to play some more of the 1st one as I have only played about 2/3 hours I got board I found it abit to bland but with some mods real companies it will be more appealing I think.

Anyone else playing with clutch? I found out that you don't need to the clutch to change gears (At least on G27), you can put your shifter at 2 while you're in 3rd, ad it will only change once you press the clutch. So you can basically do a whole trip with your shifter in neutral. :P

Also I'm playing ets gold with uk roads do they have mods for the 1st game I'm going to buy the latest version soon although I would like to play some more of the 1st one as I have only played about 2/3 hours I got board I found it abit to bland but with some mods real companies it will be more appealing I think.
As far as I know, there's only very few mods for ETS1, but there might be some real company mods.
Anyone else playing with clutch? I found out that you don't need to the clutch to change gears (At least on G27), you can put your shifter at 2 while you're in 3rd, ad it will only change once you press the clutch. So you can basically do a whole trip with your shifter in neutral. :P
I've got the exact same here.

Most trucks nowadays have pre-selector gearboxes, so it does have some basis in real life.

This is ridiculously addictive.

Saw it in CEX (Used game shop) for £15 and contemplated it, went to Game and it was brand new for £9.99, including the DLC and it was in a 2 for £15 deal so got Mass Effect 3 with it. enjoying it so far.

I let my nephew have a go yesterday with an Xbox360 controller, and he felt physically drained after a 1,100 mile delivery. His words were 'I can't believe how hard you have to concentrate!'.

I understand him, I also find those trips quite long. But still, that makes the fun just that bit more challenging. :D

Guys, I am starting to wonder. Is patch 1.9 with the new AI vaporware or something?

I think they're still working on it. They'd rather iron out the bugs than patch a patch with a patch. They did manage to get their hands on a Scania V8 for sound recording...

I think they're still working on it. They'd rather iron out the bugs than patch a patch with a patch. They did manage to get their hands on a Scania V8 for sound recording...

There will always be bugs. Also I read they were working on a whole lot for 2014. I suppose at this rate the actual release date will be 2020.

How about they just make it an open beta patch? That way bugs can be reported more quickly and can be fixed more quickly because they are brought to SCS' attention earlier.
I mean, the initial release was expected to be November '13 and now February '14 is coming at its end. That's 4 months of continues bug fixes? Come on! How much more months do we have to wait?

Hence the vaporware comment. Or maybe I should think in Duke Nukem Forever terms.
Anyway, we will see. However, I don't expect anything before Summer holidays... in another 4 months.

There will always be bugs. Also I read they were working on a whole lot for 2014. I suppose at this rate the actual release date will be 2020.

How about they just make it an open beta patch? That way bugs can be reported more quickly and can be fixed more quickly because they are brought to SCS' attention earlier.
I mean, the initial release was expected to be November '13 and now February '14 is coming at its end. That's 4 months of continues bug fixes? Come on! How much more months do we have to wait?

Hence the vaporware comment. Or maybe I should think in Duke Nukem Forever terms.
Anyway, we will see. However, I don't expect anything before Summer holidays... in another 4 months.

In a perfect world, that would work. Unfortunately, a lot of people go ''THIS IS A BUG! FIX IT, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE GIVEN NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER! I AM SO HELPFUL!'' or ''FIX YOUR GAME, SCS!'' or maybe even ''Wow, this is buggy. I thought SCS made a quality game. But it seems they are now slacking. Will not play again.'' I've seen way too much of that already with other games.

In a perfect world, that would work. Unfortunately, a lot of people go ''THIS IS A BUG! FIX IT, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE GIVEN NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER! I AM SO HELPFUL!'' or ''FIX YOUR GAME, SCS!'' or maybe even ''Wow, this is buggy. I thought SCS made a quality game. But it seems they are now slacking. Will not play again.'' I've seen way too much of that already with other games.

Truth to that one too.

On a personal note, I haven't touched ETS as much because of the crappy traffic. Mostly in thr hope of enjoying the new amazing traffic soon. That soon that I have been looking forward to since October last year. Which become months and momths longer, unfortunately.

Maybe its an idea for SCS not to overestimate themselves in the future when doing these announcements. Wanting to give us new stuff is one thing, but expecting you can do it in one go without bugs is another I guess.
On the other hand SCS has become pretty big while being a small studio before. So dealing with the crowd is still something they need to learn.

It seems they're tweaking at the moment:
We hear you loud and clear - yes indeed, we are taking longer with the 1.9 ETS2 update than we anticipated. Sorry about that. Things have been looking very good for some time already, we are almost there, but we always find out from the beta testing feedback that a tweak is needed here or there. Rather than rushing the patch out, we prefer to tune it until we are happy, you know that this is the way we prefer to work. This upcoming update is of course not the end of the road - we have quite a roadmap of improvements for the game still planned for 2014 and beyond!
http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/02/sound-recording-session-scania-recovery.html

Back