The "Euro Truck Simulator"-series Thread.

• Thread starter Dean
  • 2,073 comments
Oh by the way, you might want to update to v. 1.7.1 if you haven't already, it's been live for quite a while.
Fixed crash on freight market when too many jobs were generated (mods only)
Fixed rare crash that sometimes happened with air horn usage
Fixed incorrect trailer placement when automatic parking was used in Trameri Warszaw
Fixed engine displacement volumes for Volvo and Iveco
No need to download the 500 MB update file for 1.8. :P

Time for another one of my update updates. Update 1.8.2.3. is now live and include a new Scania to "Streamline" your trucking experience.

Man, just bought a Scania R. Oh well. I make like 400k DKK a day. Two jobs and I can afford a new one :P Let's see what this one has got.

Just downloaded the Demo last night and was instantly hooked. Will definitely be purchasing the full game soon. Maybe It will be a personal Christmas or New Years Present.

50B3FE45E8663D1188BC10F3DFF288CBB7A4D0CB

The infamous sign...

Seems like 1.8.2.5 is live. I don't know for how long it's been though. :lol: It's only a minor update fixing "[a] crash with new Volvo in UK". :)

New version from promods 1.52 is out.

This version of the ProMods pack adds Northern France and improves a large section of the existing mod (Scandinavia is of course still present)
Content: - 9 French cities
- 1 new Swedish city
- 2 new UK cities
- Rebuild the roadnetwork around Amsterdam and Rotterdam
- Added alot of improved signage and models in the UK, Poland, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden

Important: Our mod is mainly designed with the 1.7.1 and the 1.8.1 patch. If it works on other patches can be found here: http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8
The mod is 100% compatible with the DLC. Other mods are often not compatible with this mod. Ask the developers of these mods for more details.
It should not be necessary to start a new profile, existing SCS profiles will automatically get updated, your current mission interrupted and your truck moved back to its home garage.

Compatible ETS 2 versions:
Our mod has been tested mainly on v1.7.1 but it should work with any v1.7.x and 1.8.x version.
The map will not work with 1.6.x or any other older version!! (has never been tested, we recommend to keep the game up to date!)

THIS MOD IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE COMING 1.9.x PATCHES FROM SCS!!! WE WILL RELEASE A NEW VERSION FOR THEM!​

It was quite difficult for me to figure out how to install the mod, but it worked out. There is a guide available on their site, if anyone's having trouble. :)

Have not installed it yet as I've been busy playing FO:New Vegas after just finishing FO3.
Still have a hell of a backlog to plough through. Stupid short 24 hour days. :indiff:

Those guys really try hard just to make you register. All I want to is download that mod, but I have to go through registration and email activation...

Edit: Even after all the shenanigans, I got it installed! I may just write a short post on their forums about what I think about their system.

Last edited:
Update.

Purchased for Christmas and am absolutely hooked!

I got it recently as well. My classmates at school said simulators are stupid, but this game... it just hooks me even when I don't have the time to drive 100s of km's!

I have euro truck sim not played for a while now I got board with it being to plain I know you can get mods and skin packs ect but I could never work out how to install them.

Simply put the .scs files in the mod folder (Found under My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod) and enable them ingame (Edit profile>Check the boxes).

Is there a less time consuming way of making money in this game? I'm at level 6 and each job is taking me about an hour just to get £5,000 and the garage upgrade is £114,000. At this rate I'm going to be playing until I die just to get a better garage :indiff:

Is there a less time consuming way of making money in this game? I'm at level 6 and each job is taking me about an hour just to get £5,000 and the garage upgrade is £114,000. At this rate I'm going to be playing until I die just to get a better garage :indiff:

It's a bit of a grind at first, but once you get a few drivers for your company you'll be bringing in money pretty easily. Don't hesitate to take out loans to expand, it's worth it. I'm at level 35 with 3 other drivers and I'm getting 15-20k each time I rest just from the AI drivers.

Update.

Purchased for Christmas and am absolutely hooked!
Haha , I'm also addicted ! A friend bought if for me as a Christmas gift , I haven't touched iracing in days ! I guess it's a nice change of pace from racing every day anyway. It's the kind of "sim" you can have a beer while driving too :D

i just found this topic, been playing this game for over a year now
loving it, put on some music and just drive relaxing as ****
can't wait for new update to fix the stupid ai, well racing between ets2 ai and gt ai should be very fun hehe

Have any of you guys tried the Hungary map yet that Squirrel featured on his youtube channel? It's really good and actually for once feels like how I remember the country (went there for holidays for 7 summers). So I can really recommend it. It is a real change of atmosphere to drive in. Plus the distances feel more real to me.

Do you know if it works with the Promods mod, @LogiForce? 👍

No, it is a completely new Hungary only map. So you need a new account and start from scratch, but it is worth it.

Just watch this on how to install and learn about mod compatibilities.

That's a bit of a shame. I'll probably try it nevertheless. 👍

And, I wonder how difficult it'll be to make such a map. I suspect it's not easy.

It's probably easier thn one thinks, but if you want to have a detailed map, that's probably what's hardest, I'm guessing. Like putting the individual signs, cities and other buildings and stuff like that.

I think, once everything has been designed and such, especially buildings, placing them should be the easiest task, and having no experience with making 3D models, it'll probably take a person like me years before I'm even 10% done. :lol:

Making it true to life is hard. The devs left the building blocks in the middle of the capital Budapest for now though. Which to me looks a lot like how one used to build a track in Stunts 4D Sport Driving back in the day.
So you have standard pieces for straight roads, on ramps, off ramps, etc.
I think the hard thing is making the map's surface accurate with elevations, lakes, placement of trees and other vegetation. Plus making all the buildings in the scenery and texturing them and than placing them.

To me the Hungary map feels more ruggid and lived in. Heck, I almost ran over a bunny yesterday that crossed the road suddenly. I haven't seen that in the other maps! So be sure your pedals can take the force of emergency braking (i.e. Do not brake your loadcells by excessive force).
The only downside is that the map is incomplete and has some issues like invisible walls on rare occasion. Though of course this will be fixed and more (300!) cities will be available in the next update.

I have the American version of this: 18 Wheels of Steel American Long Haul. It's pretty old compared to ETS, but they're both made by the same company, and I like it.

Back