The F1TV Fantasy League '12 I *Weekend Results & Race Video Post #426*

What should the race distance % be set to?

• Total voters
Damn this track is annoying!, a 1:09 is 100% possible, i kept cutting the last chicane whenever i was on a good lap! 👎
scaled.php

:lol: Both of you, feel free to continue improving your times if you can! I like this level of competing, it was what I was aiming for since the beginning of this thread.

I'll post my time later but it will be nowhere near as good as a 1:10 so I'm not really in any hurry.

Hey guys, hope to be able to actively take part in this from now on.

I like Montreal and I plan on submitting a lap time tonight. Might not be too good it's been awhile since I've played F1:CE.

Great to hear it! That means we can finally start the race on Sunday!

Don't worry about your time not being brilliant, as I'm nowhere near as good as RACECAR or Sandman, so your time will probably be as good if not better than mine.

Got a 30 minute session in earlier than I thought. First few laps were me getting use to things again, lots of spins! Managed a low 1.11 with no changes to the car other than soft tires.
Changed a few settings, basic enough; just lowered the wing angle a little, lowered the chassis, stiffened the springs and twisted the chamber to about -1.

(Sorry for the blur)
img20120620160459.jpg

img20120620160747.jpg

If I can string my fastest sectors together I can achieve a 1.09, but not sure if that will actually happen.
I wasn't sandbagging in my earlier post, I didn't expect to be with the pace this quickly. :dopey:

Nice laptime. I'm loving this close competition between the 3 of you. I am going to get my time in now.

Just done 15 laps and the best I can get is a 1:13.222. I'm sure you guys must be cutting the chicanes like hell to achieve a 1:10. :lol:

Last edited:
Just done 15 laps and the best I can get is a 1:13.222. I'm sure you guys must be cutting the chicanes like hell to achieve a 1:10. :lol:

I'd say its more like Pretty Damn Close :lol:

picture.php

Thats about as far as I can go unfortunately, I just can't string one together without hitting the wall or cutting the grass.

Just for the hell of it, I did some flying laps at silverstone to see how close I could've at least managed to get to the fastest time.

1:20.377, could be improved by half a second.
scaled.php

And I was able to achieve within three laps:

picture.php

picture.php

That would've been a good close one.

Last edited:
MONTREAL (Circuit Gilles Villeneuve) Canadian Grand Prix​

canadian-gp-track-map-montreal.jpg

Qualifying Results

These are the qualifying results as they currently stand, they can be improved upon up until Race day this Sunday.

1. Williams-Cosworth - Nico Rosberg (ENTERSANDMAN13) - 1:09.819
  2. Renault - Giancarlo Fisichella (GT4 Genius) - 1:10.052
  3. BMW Sauber-BMW - Nick Heidfeld (RACECAR) - 1:10.815
  4. McLaren-Mercedes - Juan Pablo Montoya (dj_hazardous) - 1:13.222

Very close between the three of you, with RACECAR now seeming to be opting out of any further times it will be interesting to see if ENTERSANDMAN13 (or anyone else) can beat GT4Genius' brilliant time of a 1:10.052, which is nearly half a second faster than the 2nd best time.

Last edited:
We're now half-way through the season. In Season '12 II I will be making some changes.

• Everyone currently registered will receive a PM asking if they still wish to remain part of the league, if within a month a response is not received their place will be opened up to the public.
  • Only regular Full-Quali users will be able to take the top teams (Ferrari/McLaren/Renault). Regular as in they have to post a laptime EVERY race. If you don't post a laptime every race the user will be forced to another (free) team/driver where they're unlikely to score any points.
  • All users MUST own a PS3.

I don't want the Random-Quali members to think that I don't have their back. Therefore I will be offering a free copy of Formula 1: Championship Edition to the best Random-Quali Finisher (They must own a PS3 & agree to take part in Season II as a Full-Quali user and enter a time EVERY race).

Last edited:
im glad their will be a season 2. hoping to grab Alonso or Kimi :D

BTW i will add a new time tomorrow, i can definatley beat a 1:10. (providing my temper holds up haha :D)

It is more than likely you will get Raikonnen at the very least if you continue to provide laptimes each race (unless lbsf1 decides to become Full-Quali).

I'm curious if Hollow (who is 2nd in the drivers championship) actually has a PS3. If she does (Think she's a lass), she's on the road to achieving a free copy of the game.

Providing she owns a PS3 and agrees to the other terms ofcourse...

EDIT:

I've just altered the rules for Season II slightly. Go back a page to see what's the what for next season.

EDIT 2:

Prince 4851 & ipswich1992 have quit the league and both Trulli & Schumacher are now open, but Schumacher is available to new Full-Quali users only providing they enter a laptime every race.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought that might raise an eyebrow or two. :lol:

I can't let you have him this season though, you've already changed teams once.

I also don't really like the idea of the best (or one of the best) full-qualifier's with the best race driver as well. :lol:

... That would lead to ultra-domination.

EDIT:

Nice time by the way, it will be interesting to see if anyone can beat that one!

Off-topic slightly, but what a race just now in Valencia!!!

EDIT 2:

The race might be delayed slightly tonight due to the football (off round a mate's house to watch it) but it shouldn't be much later than 10:30pm.

EDIT 3:

Because of the England vs. Italy football match the race has been delayed until the top three full-qualifiers decide on a time for the race to be started tomorrow. If no response is made it will start live at THIS link on Monday at 10PM UK Time (5PM US CENTRAL).

EDIT 4:

Decided not to do the race live as noone turned up to watch, I'll have it recorded and uploaded to Youtube some time tomorrow instead.

Last edited:
I'm curious if Hollow (who is 2nd in the drivers championship) actually has a PS3. If she does (Think she's a lass), she's on the road to achieving a free copy of the game.

Providing she owns a PS3 and agrees to the other terms ofcourse...

I do own a PS3, mostly on GT5 on it though, and yes it's a lass. :lol:

I actually tried the demo of this game back when it was about to be released, had a tough time playing with a DS3, it's sort of like trying to control an X1 in GT5.

If I do win, and season 2 begins before late August, I'd love to take part though. :D

My EasyCAP has stopped working, I haven't touched it since the last race and now it's decided it's not going to produce an image. :mad:

I don't have a clue what's wrong with it. I don't think it's a driver problem as I've just tried re-installing the driver for it.

I'm really pissed off, going to try it on a different PC tomorrow.

Because my EasyCap USB device has suddenly decided to die, RACECAR has agreed to record the races to my Twitch.TV account using his awesome HD PVR!

In return I said he could take Michael Schumacher including the points he's already accumalated.

I hope this is not premature and we can now deliver extremely better quality races!

Update:

I'm currently recording the race at Montreal. I'm currently seeking permission to do a more condensed race video since its only four of us really in it at the moment.

I'm assuming you mean shortening the race lenth percentage?

I'd prefer it if you kept it at 100% too be honest but that's because random-quali members are taking part too.

I'm assuming you mean shortening the race lenth percentage?

I'd prefer it if you kept it at 100% too be honest but that's because random-quali members are taking part too.

Please read PM.

Pfft, I wouldn't bother. If I had the choice again I'd invest in something a bit more reliable. Something from Hauppage. I can't believe the damn thing died on me just from a month without using it.

I read your status by the way, your going to Silverstone this weekend? Lucky. What pass did you get and how much did it cost you?

Pfft, I wouldn't bother. If I had the choice again I'd invest in something a bit more reliable. Something from Hauppage. I can't believe the damn thing died on me just from a month without using it.

I read your status by the way, your going to Silverstone this weekend? Lucky. What pass did you get and how much did it cost you?

cool thanks for the advice.

i got the weekend pass general admission, £155 for fri saturday and sunday, and were camping at a local campsite.

i went last year and it was great.

Awesome, I'm guessing it becomes extortionate if you include FRI/SAT/SUN & a pitch for a tent/caravan?

I had a look on the site but there was nothing really affordable to me at this current time if I wanted to watch the race. £155 for the entire weekend is quite reasonable though, but is it per person?

Did you order from the Silverstone site or somewhere else?

R.E. Montreal:

I'm currently in discussion with RACECAR in how to get this league started again. Shouldn't be too long now, bear with us 'folks.

Last edited:
My EasyCAP stopped working and RACECAR never came through. Sorry about it guys. I will PM you all one day when I've bought a more reliable capture device and we can start a new season. I'd hate to leave this game competitively.

I've been thinking that when I start it up again, I'll use 2012 rules, including the points system.

Back