The February update discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phrase "the January update" doesn't imply anything other than "this is the sole planned update for January". It certainly doesn't imply the existence of other updates.
How can you say that? When they released the other update in January, before the content update they even included a note that the update isn't the content update that was supposed to come in January too (and did) so people wouldn't be confused or angry that the content wasn't coming. So there was one December content update, one January content update and I think it's safe to assume there is going to be a February and March update too.

Maybe I didn't get right what you were trying to say, but still, naming an update "January" instead of "1.12" implies (to me at least) that there is going to be a new update month after.

How can you say that?
Largely because I can read.
When they released the other update in January
There was no other update in January:

v1.10 - December 22nd
v1.11 - January 25th
v1.12 - February 9th

So there was one December content update, one January content update and I think it's safe to assume there is going to be a February and March update too.
The update in January was referred to as "the January update". It doesn't imply anything else than "this is the one sole planned update for January".

Thinking that the phrase "the January update" means there will be a February update, or a March update, or anything other than a January update is just delusional.

There was no other update in January

Yeah sorry it was in December but still, they did what I wrote here.

They could have not name the update you know, leave it as a version 1.11 update :) we'll see... I think it is going to land on 27th of February.

Yeah sorry it was in December but still, they did what I wrote here.

They could have not name the update you know, leave it as a version 1.11 update :) we'll see... I think it is going to land on 27th of February.
upload_2018-2-23_11-35-27.png

Well I'm up to around 9 million credits, if something drops, I'm ready :sly:

They could have not name the update you know
They didn't. It was simply referred to as "the 'Gran Turismo Sport' January Update" in the news post that accompanied it.

Release notes: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1414479.html
Accompanying news post: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3909538

And yet still, all that the phrase "the 'Gran Turismo Sport' January Update" means is "this is the single update we have planned for January". It doesn't mean anything about February, or March, or December, or 2019, or Call of Duty.

They didn't. It was simply referred to as "the 'Gran Turismo Sport' January Update" in the news post that accompanied it.

Release notes: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1414479.html
Accompanying news post: https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3909538

And yet still, all that the phrase "the 'Gran Turismo Sport' January Update" means is "this is the single update we have planned for January". It doesn't mean anything about February, or March, or December, or 2019, or Call of Duty.

Yeah I think you forgot they created this video just for the "GRAN TURISMO SPORT JANUARY 2018 UPDATE"

capsd on purpose...

It definitely doesn't rule out a February update :D it doesn't confirm it either I know.

Attachments

• gt.png
    gt.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 41
Yeah I think you forgot they created this video just for the "GRAN TURISMO SPORT JANUARY 2018 UPDATE"
Not really, it's just no more relevant than the blog post about it.
It definitely doesn't rule out a February update
Of course it doesn't - it doesn't say anything about it!

By the same token "the Gran Turismo Sport January update" doesn't rule out Kazunori Yamauchi coming round to my house to give me £16m. It doesn't rule out Lord of the Rings coming to life in my fridge. It doesn't rule out Natasha Henstridge, Eliza Dushku and Christina Hendricks appearing naked in my bedroom and my wife being just fine with it.

It doesn't say anything about any of those things. All it says is that there was an update planned for January. The word "the" implies that only one was intended. That's all you can infer from those words.

Not really, it's just no more relevant than the blog post about it.

Of course it doesn't - it doesn't say anything about it!

By the same token "the Gran Turismo Sport January update" doesn't rule out Kazunori Yamauchi coming round to my house to give me £16m. It doesn't rule out Lord of the Rings coming to life in my fridge. It doesn't rule out Natasha Henstridge, Eliza Dushku and Christina Hendricks appearing naked in my bedroom and my wife being just fine with it.

It doesn't say anything about any of those things. All it says is that there was an update planned for January. The word "the" implies that only one was intended. That's all you can infer from those words.

OK let's keep this discussion about THE February update then, shall we? :P

I guess I'm a little surprised there may not be an update for Feb. If PD plans to match their game plan of 50 cars by March, then one would have thought they'd space it out, and not throw 20 cars at us for March.

Maybe the March update will come out when ever the official FiA races start as a sort of celebration?

So when is the February update coming?
An update arrived on February 9th. There's no evidence to suggest there will be another. At present, that update - v1.12 - is "the" February update.

That was a patch. The proper February update will be in the next few days, I presume?
If it was just a patch it would most likely be called just that or maybe 1.11.1 instead of 1.12

We've had a November update, a December update, a January update... so there will be a February update 👍
That's your expectation (for some reason), not information. We have no information or evidence that any further updates are due this month.

And no, we didn't. We had two updates in November (v1.05, v1.06), three in December (v1.07, v1.08 and v1.09/1.10 [bundled together]), one in January (v1.11)... and one already in February (v1.12).

That's expectation, not information. We have no information or evidence that any further updates are due this month.

And no, we didn't. We had two updates in November (v1.05, v1.06), three in December (v1.07, v1.08 and v1.09/1.10 [bundled together]), one in January (v1.11)... and one already in February (v1.12).
So potentially another two this month?! Awesome :D

So potentially another two this month?! Awesome :D
Potentially an infinite number this month.

But in reality there are no further scheduled updates of which anyone outside PD/Sony is aware. I've no idea why people are convinced that there is an update - content or otherwise - coming in February.

That was a patch for the tyre refresh glitch
It says Update and there is more than just the tire refresh glitch addressed as you can see in the release notes.

That said I also hope for more content but am not on boared with the "we get new content every month" crowd

Potentially an infinite number this month.

But in reality there are no further scheduled updates of which anyone outside PD/Sony is aware. I've no idea why people are convinced that there is an update - content or otherwise - coming in February.

Except the one due by the end of February?

Except the one due by the end of February?
There isn't one that we're aware of. Or that anyone who isn't PD/Sony is aware of:
An update arrived on February 9th. There's no evidence to suggest there will be another. At present, that update - v1.12 - is "the" February update.
Unless you know something we don't, there is no "proper" February update (whatever that means) scheduled.
We have no information or evidence that any further updates are due this month.
But in reality there are no further scheduled updates of which anyone outside PD/Sony is aware.
Unless you have any actual evidence for one, I have no idea why you're so convinced you're stating it as if it's fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back