The Ferrari Daytona (and Something Else) is Coming to GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Volksauto

Volksauto

I wonder what motor will be in the Super Bee we're getting. Is it the 383 Magnum, 440 Six Pack, or the 426 Hemi?

2. TheProRacer

TheProRacer

I'm pretty happy to hear this. I don't know why, my mind is kind of blurry. Is the Ferrari GTB4 and the Daytona the same car? I know the GTB4 was in GT6. Also, I'm really happy we're getting a late sixties Dodge, either the Super Bee or Dart. We're missing the Challenger Hellcat, that would be nice even though we already have the Charger Hellcat.

courageC60 likes this.
  3. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

"Daytona" is a nickname for the 365 GTB/4 supposedly coined by either the media at the time of the car's debut or by the head of NART. This car came after Ferrari's 1-2-3 victory at Daytona in 1967. The nickname stuck and people generally refer to the 365 GTB/4 (the car's official name) as the Daytona.

It's the same deal as people calling the Ferrari GTO the 288 GTO as to not confuse it with the other Ferrari GTOs despite the car officially being known as just the Ferrari GTO.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  4. Racer93

Racer93

Yes, the Ferrari 365 GTB 4 and the Daytona are the same car. Daytona is a nickname, because the year before it was released Ferrari won 1st, 2nd and 3rd places on Daytona 24H race.

Edit: guess I was ninja'd lol

TheProRacer likes this.
  5. Sharpie

Sharpie

We love muscle cars bring it more.

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  6. zlays

zlays

It's not like that... I was strictly referring for in game fun and all...
    Wouldn't it be better for example that instead of Ferrari Daytona we get 430 Scuderia and instead of that American muscle we get Saleen S7 for example?
    It would be better for us players in general I'm sure!

L_Kesan and courageC60 like this.
  7. Haitauer

Haitauer

More and more classic muscle cars in game makes me wish for real life oval track. Would be very cool to run these things in old racing liveries and very tight nascar BOP. Am I weird wishing this as an european? :lol::cheers:

bdubclub and Aero2000 like this.
  8. 05XR8

05XR8

Hold on! Daytona. Daytona. Daytona? :sly:

I-Runner and XRaider like this.
  9. LR-MR-Cole

LR-MR-Cole

Wow more pointless non racing cars. Bye bye until racing cars are introduced in a racing game.

10. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Ferrari Daytona? We need Miami scapes now :D !

I-Runner, XRaider and oneloops like this.
  11. mickoafna

mickoafna

Who said that these two are the only two cars that will come with the next update?
    Maybe there's a mystery car or two around :)

Aero2000 likes this.
  12. Ande3200

Ande3200

Then goodbye. There is plenty of race cars already. Road cars was Always planed to be the more thing to be added with dlc than Any race cars. Sure they are going to release more race cars but not in the same amount as road cars. And to be honest about there is a lot more road cars than they are race cars. If its race cars you are just into gt sport might not be the game for you. Then instead go to pc2 or the new ac

13. anxiety24

anxiety24

Love the fact that we are still getting more and more cars to the roster, even 2 years after launch. Can`t remember many games with this kind of long term support!

I know it is typical for GT but after the last couple of updates the balance between "old classics" and more up-to-date machinery is kinda off. Honestly, I don`t actually remember the last addition that is less than 5 yrs in the market (the Huayra?). Does anyone know the reasons for this? Is this a licensing issue or something?

I`d really love to see additions like a 918, P1, GT2 RS, 720s, R8 V10, etc. I mean, we have 27 cars in N600-N1000, but over 103 in N100-N400... why?

14. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

It's a Coronet Super Bee. No doubt about it. Hopefully we get the Charger but I don't suppose the Coronet will handle any differently, so it doesn't matter:lol:

15. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

Why?

Quakebass likes this.
  16. Woodski_427

Woodski_427

Seems like you're missing the point of Gran Turismo...maybe a different game is for you.

XRaider, QC YALUM and LotusEvoraGTE like this.
  17. SVX

SVX Premium

Perfect anticipation music.

BallPtPenTheif and Grand Prix like this.
  18. Nielsen

Nielsen

Better in what way? The F430 will probably come soon anyway.

Quakebass and Ddkklop like this.
  19. westblade85

westblade85

Exactly my thoughts. Plus i always enjoy "road cars" waaaay more than "race cars" in basically every racing game out there that features both road and race cars...

LotusEvoraGTE and watashi49uk like this.
  20. Ande3200

Ande3200

I am glad they add more muscle cars. But i would like them to add more modern ones like
    Challenger hellcat, camaro zl1, shelby gt500 and modern corvettes

21. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

The real driving simulator or the real racing simulator ? Grand Turismo the title say it all lolll

22. Famine

Famine Administrator

Pssst! It's in the article!

23. DPereira_2909

DPereira_2909

Then why isn't it on the road and not on track?
    Let's face it, the game desperately needs some new Gr.1/2/3/4 cars, and non-Toyota modern road cars. We've all driven these in previous Gran Turismos, and no it wasn't these cars in specific that made GT sensational, it was the inovation that it was at the time the first ones came out. Sport was a good, but lackluster step in the right direction and now they're just regressing, with same classic road cars, and the same snail choo-choo train AI, and a Single player mode with no meaning within the game...

24. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

430 will come, but probably not in Scuderia form. But I would rather see 360 modena or 355 than 430 tbh.

WhiteFlight1 likes this.
  25. QC YALUM

QC YALUM

maybe you should find a other game if you don't like real cars ? Im a big fan of all GT series and i appreciate everything in it and classic cars and tracks .

oneloops likes this.
  26. Divaldo

Divaldo

I have none of these pricey cars.

golfer07840 likes this.
  27. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

Apparently the lack of modern Gr.1/3/4 cars in a game designed around online racing with these three categories in particular over the past few months doesn't worry people, considering some are being lambasted and not true fan'd for pointing it out. Some of it is kind of trollish nonsense, but it's a real problem that is very much being ignored by both fans and Polyphony.

PD's one track mind in trying to shove a round peg into a square hole with this added on career mode (which still isn't really that good) while letting the Sport portion of the mode wither away with a lack of new cars in Gr.3 and 4 (the most used categories online by far) is apparently not a problem to people.

If you're going to make an online focused racing game, enough to alienate classic fans and tell them to **** off for not liking it, the least you can do is build up the actual portion of the game people play, instead of trying to hopelessly build a career mode that might only bring a few people in, and isn't good enough to actually be worthwhile to play in large amounts.

golfer07840, Timlour, Racer93 and 4 others like this.
  28. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

I agree that this is an issue I have with GT Sport as well. Those are the main classes that are raced in online and they don't get any attention. Really would appreciate if more models and a few manufacturers would be added. Or add an extra Gr.E class (electric).

For me personally they could add older and newer cars to these categories as long as BoP is nicely balanced. A GTO Gr.3 and a '69 camaro in Gr.3 spec, why not! Trueno and Levin in Gr.4 spec! Anytime! An e-Legend RM in Gr.E against a Leaf RM and Prius RM etc. Yes, I would welcome this.

Dairyworker likes this.
  29. oneloops

oneloops

GTS begin with about 35 gr3 + 35 gr4 + 15 or 20 ? Gr1 ... That was far enough for the FIA Championship and that's what the priotity of the beggining of GTS, being ready for FIA races.

The lack was in others N classes, classics, 90's cars etc. that are being completed each month.
    That's all.

GT7 will have new racing cars, new N cars, and old cars too.
    If PD adds all the new racing cars for free now, what's the point of GT7 (that will include FIA racing most probably too) ?
    GT7 has to add new content, it's logical and fair.

There is no lack of racing cars in GTS compared to other games.

Snikle likes this.
  30. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

In all honesty I think GT Sport is being made compatible for PS5 and GT Sport will be a non stop updating GaaS model. GT7 is a standalone title but all E-Sport related stuff will be in GT Sport. That is PD's e-Sport platform in which they seem to heavily invest in. I can't see them abandoning that for GT7. GT Sport could see updates well into the PS5 lifetime.

Ddkklop and 05XR8 like this.