The Ferrari Daytona (and Something Else) is Coming to GT Sport

That's the reason why everyone has ideas of what PD should be dong with the game: the groups, online racing, car list, everything we've been discussing.

I think it really depends on PD’s goals and direction. I’ve had a lot of ideas for the same particular topic in a particular game (or series), but I understand that very few of them (if any) will gel with the vision, goals, and broader direction of a game. These goals seem like something you’d have to be within the developer in order to know what they are, rather than going by PR statements and promotional videos, and/or trying to deduct the design’s goals purely by observations made by playing the game.

All that I know, is that I know enough about game design to say that there’s a lot that I likely don’t know. The same is highly likely to be applicable to what these devs are planning in their designs, PD included.

I'm always up for every Ferrari added into the game, but there is one that i really miss. Probably caused by the shock of switching over GT4 to GT Prologue

It's the 599

ferrari_599_gtb_fiorano__gran_turismo_6__by_vertualissimo_d7qcq54-pre.jpg

Back when I thought that this will be an amazing handling car. How wrong I was.

Sorry, even though some of your points make sense, I still think you are a bit overdramatic and negative
That probably has more to do with the way you’re reading what he’s writing, as opposed to what he’s writing. He’s made solid criticisms, with good suggestions. If you read his posts with an over dramatic and negative tone, that’s on you.

This forum is full of solid criticisms and good suggestions, most of which I agree with but we've been banging the same drum for a long time and seen none of these solid criticisms and suggestions addressed. They know what they are as they're glaringly obvious omissions. The fact they haven't fixed them by now tells me they think they're acceptable and that their priorities have shifted to the PS5 SDK and GT7. I can't fault them for moving on to the next money maker.

Tbh when it comes to Group C cars being in Gr.1, I wonder if it’d help if downforce was part of BoP calculations?

Furthermore, I’m curious if maybe BoP would also be better if its adjustments depended on the other cars on the field, rather than depend on all cars potentially eligible for a class? In that scenario, a race with just Group C cars would have comparatively minute changes to BoP, vs. if there were a modern LMP1 car present.

There seems to be some myth/urban legend that Group C cars have way more downforce than modern LMP1 cars, the fact is that their downforce levels were passed by contemporary LMP1 cars a few years ago. Also, the race pace of current LMP1 cars a much closer to their qualifying laps than Group C.

There seems to be some myth/urban legend that Group C cars have way more downforce than modern LMP1 cars, the fact is that their downforce levels were passed by contemporary LMP1 cars a few years ago. Also, the race pace of current LMP1 cars a much closer to their qualifying laps than Group C.

I didn't think otherwise. I had the idea that Group C cars have less downforce, which is why they excel on straights compared to the other Gr.1 cars. But if BoP could account for downforce, maybe the discrepancy between the Group C and more modern Gr.1 cars (including both LMP1s and VGTs) wouldn't be as obvious.

This forum is full of solid criticisms and good suggestions, most of which I agree with but we've been banging the same drum for a long time and seen none of these solid criticisms and suggestions addressed. They know what they are as they're glaringly obvious omissions. The fact they haven't fixed them by now tells me they think they're acceptable and that their priorities have shifted to the PS5 SDK and GT7. I can't fault them for moving on to the next money maker.

I think the staff & office expansions definitely have the potential to help with this, and the model outsourcing, too. Less people spreading themselves thin, and having a dilemma of what to work on. It also would help if these models in GTS are coming from future-proofed models stored on PD's end that'd be good to go for the next game. It'd be a lot like how the Pokemon are modeled at GameFreak, where they're made with high poly counts and then adjusted to work with the hardware. The same could apply to other information for the cars, such as audio, handling, etc.

One more thing to think about is that I think we're operating on notably limited information. What may seem obvious to us may not be within PD's vision, or abilities, or some other factor. For example, I don't know if GT League was truly made & released fast enough to be a response to people who wanted a career mode, or if it was planned for some time.

We should consider what are these "obvious omissions and good suggestions" are, analyze them, and maybe propose a solution based on as much information as we can deduct and observe regarding GT's game design and PD's overall operations. But even then, it'd be like taking a shot in a slightly less darker room.

Last edited:
Very pleased to see the '70 Dodge Coronet Super Bee and the Ferrari 365/4 "Daytona" will be coming to GT Sport soon. These "old junk cars" will prove to be quite fun. :D Also, consider the following. They probably will release these vehicles alongside maybe three or four vehicles next month...

I'm always up for every Ferrari added into the game, but there is one that i really miss. Probably caused by the shock of switching over GT4 to GT Prologue

It's the 599

ferrari_599_gtb_fiorano__gran_turismo_6__by_vertualissimo_d7qcq54-pre.jpg
That´s true, the first Ferrari with the F430 what was introduced in the GT saga. :(

I have the same sentiments as well. It's probably best to wait for GT7.

I don't get why so many want it all right away, it seems like it's overlooked that there is quite possibly another entire game being developed as we speak.

The way I see it, if they give us all the brand spanking new race cars right away, we'll just end up in the same circular debates about why there's "Not enough new content!" when the next game comes. :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to anything that's added, knowing now that we'll never have to deal with 'Standard' car models ever again..

What may seem obvious to us may not be within PD's vision, or abilities, or some other factor.

We're talking about a developer who can't seem to fix the pit lane bug or getting stuck on the grid. Who're still releasing N class cars into a wide range of already unBoPable cars, and who use in house A.I. to fine tune (*laughs*) said BoP. I've got a simile that PD copy my way of qualifying. When they reach the "that'll do me" stage, they stop trying.:lol:

Apart from new cars and tracks, which I appreciate, the only significant fixes I expect we'll see will be to the tyre model and physics as it looks like they're still being fine tuned for the future. Those undotted i's and uncrossed t's flaws in GTS have been swept under the carpet or fixed ready for the next game. It seems that way to me so I've adopted an 'it is what it is' attitude to the game. The same as I had to with GT6's SRF bug that PD refused to fix, which meant my wins dried up.

My kids are buying me a PS5 and GT7 (I knew there was a reason we had them...) so I'm along for the ride with PD. They often do things weird, but I've enjoyed every GT I've played. I'm sure the new game will give me plenty to moan about on here while I carry on enjoying playing it.:D

Long story short, I'm a bit bored of all the 'constructive criticisms' and scratching my head at the people who want perfection for their £50. Aye. Good luck with that.

Who're still releasing N class cars into a wide range of already unBoPable cars, and who use in house A.I. to fine tune (*laughs*) said BoP.

I think they know this, and this is why we rarely see N-Series races where it’s not a one-make or uses a provided selection of cars.

I seem to recall the 365 did have some success as a 500pp car in certain GT6 intermediate events but... yeah... a front engined car with a heavy V12 will be imbalanced compared to modern cars.

Also I think it was only $500k in GT6... if its like $10 mil. it'll disappear into obscurity like the 250...

Im pretty sure bop will make the car balanced. Look at the Miura for example.

365 gtb isnt as rare as 250 gt so i doubt it will be 10M. It would be 2.8M like Gt40 or 1.8M like Countach lp400.

I don't get why so many want it all right away, it seems like it's overlooked that there is quite possibly another entire game being developed as we speak.

The way I see it, if they give us all the brand spanking new race cars right away, we'll just end up in the same circular debates about why there's "Not enough new content!" when the next game comes. :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to anything that's added, knowing now that we'll never have to deal with 'Standard' car models ever again..
I was thinking the same thing. PD are probably using more of their resources to create a new game instead of adding content to GT Sport. At least that's what I hope would be happening.

Just seen this post as I haven't been on in awhile.
It's about time we're getting the Ferrari Daytona in GTS. This is only one of the most sought after Ferrari's in real life but it was also one of the best cars in GT6 for handling, performance & sound. Hopefully that carries over into GTS.

That´s true, the first Ferrari with the F430 what was introduced in the GT saga. :(

Not quite. The 599 was the 1st Ferrari for about a year in GT games, having been introduced to the series in GTHD - December '06 iirc. The F430 appeared for the 1st time in the GT5 Prologue DEMO - but only as an opponent. And then, when GT5 Prologue proper came out at the end of the year there were other Ferraris besides the F430 in it.

Just seen this post as I haven't been on in awhile.
It's about time we're getting the Ferrari Daytona in GTS. This is only one of the most sought after Ferrari's in real life but it was also one of the best cars in GT6 for handling, performance & sound. Hopefully that carries over into GTS.
There are many Ferraris that personally are really requested. Still happy this came in. Wondering if the California '08 gets in.
It would be a fun rival to the Maserati GTS

I was thinking the same thing. PD are probably using more of their resources to create a new game instead of adding content to GT Sport. At least that's what I hope would be happening.

I for one would be completely happy if they gave us all the cars and tracks as they completed them and then just transferred it all to GT 7 to sell to casuals as a new game with a beefed up single player mode.

Well, the cars added in the game shouldn't matter anymore because "there are problems with how GT Sport is designed and works, there's been problems since the beginning, and they show no signs of being fixed." :rolleyes:
Agreed PP aka performance points would have been perrrfect for GtS, wish they add PP tuning as an update, like add-ons.

P.S: I think they have a few race cars up their sleeve and next gran turismo game is gonna have huge car list. I remember reading on this forum ages ago, PD said these models are made in a way that they are prepared for upcoming titles. the fact we are getting so many cars so often should reassure you that the next games carlist is gonna be huge.

This is true, companies always loved how PD deal with their cars like how they handle and look in a digital pov. PD also said the cars in GTS will
be in GT7 @ launch, plus The old traditional GT we know and love contents, ex. Like The Wind event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Can I just say your avatar/profile pict made me burst out laughing and saying "That's awesome"

Ho ho ho, a little side blow for me too, mate ;) ? !

Not at all. It's only based on the endless repetition of the criticisms, not the criticisms themselves as I agree with most of them. I've just got bored of doing this :banghead: over GTS's unfixed flaws as writing about them for 18 months didn't solve anything.

It's either that or the hot summer that's made me (even) crankier than usual but I'm really fed up of all the negativity. Always dwelling on what isn't in the game rather than enjoying what is.

Maybe I'm turning into a cantankerous old git?:lol:

I didn't think otherwise. I had the idea that Group C cars have less downforce, which is why they excel on straights compared to the other Gr.1 cars. But if BoP could account for downforce, maybe the discrepancy between the Group C and more modern Gr.1 cars (including both LMP1s and VGTs) wouldn't be as obvious.

The problem is that when you mask the downforce gap with a BoP adjustment, another gap will also appear, like the differences in mechanical grip (mechanical grip basically being sacrificed for aero in Group C) and the difference in acceleration thanks to hybrid boost.

I for one would be completely happy if they gave us all the cars and tracks as they completed them and then just transferred it all to GT 7 to sell to casuals as a new game with a beefed up single player mode.
I like getting the content when it's ready, as opposed to having it held back for another game. But something tells that PD is holding some content back for the next game.

Can't wait for the Daytona, wish they'd include the 365 GTB/4 Competizione though (that would surely be a better fit for a racing game?), but it still beats another bunch of vanilla JDM cars.

View attachment 848982
In real life, it would get beaten by most N300 and even some N200 JDM cars. But here in GTS I can imagine it to be way faster than it actually is ( same as 512bb, Miura, countach etc ) and it will beat all JDM cars from N100 to N300, with only exception maybe Supra.

Latest Posts

Back