The Ferrari Daytona (and Something Else) is Coming to GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 3, 2019.

1. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

Totally support this, especially the GT1, but PD mainly want to show they are ’thinking forward’ with an electric car. Also, it's like with the Supra where the launch IRL coincides with its debut in GT Sport.

Electric cars can also be fun to drive, Model S feels pretty good because of the instant torque. Plus 750+HP is a pretty good place to start with electrics.

365 GTB/4 and a Coronet/Road Runner/Super Bee + more cars are coming including Spa

2. Lebowski

Lebowski

Erm, yeah, i kinda already know that - hence what i wrote in my post!

3. talhaONE

talhaONE

Taycan will end up in gr.x and will be completely useless.

courageC60 and nickf1gr like this.
  4. AlanH49

AlanH49

Those Porsche’s you listed are the kind of stuff we get in regular updates. This Porsche deal is significant because it highlights PD are working with the manufacturer on pre-production models. Bringing them to GT as the real car hits the road.

GTR365 likes this.
  5. juanffy18

juanffy18

In GT7 could be those cars get more attention.

Animedeaf likes this.
  6. Lebowski

Lebowski

Or it could end up in a new event in Campaign with the Tesla, an Electric series.

Ooh, 1000th post!

7. dimassa19

dimassa19

:cheers:

Lebowski likes this.
  8. GTV0819

GTV0819

I was surprised to hear this new Porsche will already be included in some future updates while the Carrera GT and 918 Spyder, well, won't seem to be highlighted amongst the Porsche models so it's a big wonder when they will make into the game.

courageC60 likes this.
  9. talhaONE

talhaONE

Porsche Carrera Gt gained a bad reputation after the Paul Walkers death. I doubt it will be in gt sport any time soon.

Animedeaf likes this.
  10. GTV0819

GTV0819

Lol that must've sucked. Should be the 918 Spyder now only then.

courageC60 and Animedeaf like this.
  11. Loverson

Loverson

I mean we got the Widowmaker...

talhaONE likes this.
  12. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

No it hasn't gained a bad reputation. People still want to by the Carrera GT, even if Paul Walker was killed in one. The prices are only going up and it's popular among car enthusiasts due it's analogue character.

13. Ddkklop

Ddkklop

Sorry, but that is BS. Only reason why it wouldn't be included ( at least not in recent times ) is simply because...well, it's PD. They often overlook significant/popular/iconic cars either by not adding them, or adding them much later than you would expect.

Examples - mazda 787B, nsx, ek9, s2000, S13, DC2 and more. All these cars were added later than we expected, with S2000 and S13 almost 2 years later. Then cars that were still not added yet - lexus LFA, Mazda RX8, murcielago, gallardo, C5-C6 corvette, S15 and many other cars.

I think Carrera GT will be added, but like I said it's PD, so it will take some time :D

14. RCKakashi14

RCKakashi14

Way before his death, it already had established a reputation as being difficult to drive.

And a high profile death won’t make it the black sheep, same goes to the Porsche 550 and James Dean and to Ryan Dunn killed on a crash in a 911 GT3.

Blame the drivers, not the cars. The same accident can happen in a mundane family car.

15. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Well so many games featured the Carerra GT also Project Cars 2 had it as a dlc.

What does paul walker have to do with it lmaoo?????

Nobody cares why is his life any different from ours?? It gained a bad reputation because the daughter tried to sue Porsche basically blaming the car itself. Porsche made the Carrera GT pretty clear it is not for the faint hearted basically the last of the pure supercars before digital technology began to take root. Porsche Carrera GT likens back to the old school supercars of the past.

Rally legend Walter Rohrl even found the car a challenge.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Alex p. likes this.
  16. GBalao888

GBalao888

The cause of Paul Walker’s death wasn’t the car itself, but rather, the tires. They were unchanged and had grip just like worn out Comfort: Hard tires which was why things made their turn for the worst.

17. GTV0819

GTV0819

I suddenly remembered that it's Paul Walker's birthday today. He should be turning 46 years old already if he is still alive by now. :nervous:

18. Volksauto

Volksauto

If that's the case same should be said about the 550 Spyder since James Dean was killed in one.

I-Runner likes this.
  19. Tier_NaNo

Tier_NaNo

We're getting the Taycan by the looks of things...

20. Famine

Famine Administrator

AgentBlackDog and Tier_NaNo like this.
  21. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  22. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

So many cars got people killed should we not have the Lancia S4 in the game because it killed the most talented rally driver of its time Tiovonen??

Porsche Carerra GT was blamed by ignorant people to the point that its now called the car that killed Paul Walker.

courageC60 likes this.
  23. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I think the main cause was driving like a **** on a public road.

VXR, sirjim73, GTR365 and 1 other person like this.
  24. juanffy18

juanffy18

what about the Toyota Supra Super GT 2020
    [​IMG]

25. Scotchboy

Scotchboy

Even more exciting (in a totally different wtf that's insane way) is the forcibly FR NSX-GT next to it, thanks to Class 1 regulations agreed with DTM.

mastretta_mx likes this.
  26. GTV0819

GTV0819

Where's Gazoo's actual version? The one with the red, white and black livery?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  27. 05XR8

05XR8

That was the concept. I placed a comparison in the Super Gt thread. The front inlets are different, for one. There is also an inlet in the snout, like past F1 cars. The wheels are different as well.

GTV0819 likes this.
  28. Famine

Famine Administrator

What an odd question to ask in the thread about the Ferrari 365 GT4 and Dodge Coronet Super Bee. What about it?

Animedeaf, Aero2000 and Lebowski like this.
  29. DPereira_2909

DPereira_2909

Will it come to the game, I suppose...? This is also a discussion about the next update, so he was wondering if it would come, not that hard to deduce.

30. 05XR8

05XR8

Animedeaf likes this.