The first thing you did with the game

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raagentreg
  • 121 comments
  • 10,163 views
Messages
446
Messages
GTP_Raagentreg / Raagentreg
As it's release day, for some at least, I decided this would be a fun idea to see what you all first did when you either:

Recieved the box in the mail.
OR
Picked it up from a store.
OR
Returned home with the game case in your hands

Discuss.

UPDATE:

Well, I got the amazon package, opened it up and then hugged the game, as I couldn't believe it was here, then proceeded to install the game and fall asleep only to wake in the morning, online update and start playing GT5 with a mate, now we are working...
 
Last edited:
Check tracking number...work a little, Rinse and repeat. Awaiting UPS site to say "Out for delivery"
 
Drove back from the shop whilst tearing the celephane of the case whist ringing my gf to tell her.....remember kids...be safe on the roads :lol:

Got home;
did install (took over an hour);
had a look through the various menus;
did an arcade mode race on ssr7 in a supra and though "yes this awesome";
checked out the dealerships and bought a civic ek9 type r;
did the b licenses, got golds and silvers (will return later to gold all);
did the karting, top gear and nascar beginner special events;
did some races with the civic;
bought some suspension and wheels for the civic and duely decked it on its arse;
did some more races with the civic;
went to bed.

All in all a pretty awesome night last night. At work now though :crazy:
 
Installed it and the update, looked at what new cars were under $20k, then bought a used S13 silvia to start off with
 
I'm unable to play until this evening, so the first thing I have done is smelled the manual.
 
First thing I bought was the Toyota MR2 Spyder, and had a drive of the Zonda R on Monza! Also made a mini go-kart track too.

There's so much to do it's ridiculous!
 
I browsed the used dealerships, bought myself a Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence for a bargain at ca. cr. 9.000. Used the rest of the cash to overhaul the engine, buy stage 1 NA tuning, computer chip and an air filter.

Took the first license, got silver in all except the last one where I got a gold. Finished Sunday Cup and started the FF cup. Then I messed around a bit in Photomode, love it :D.

That´s pretty much where I´m at now :).
 
Opened outside packaging, gazed at the brand new Signature Edition Box, carefully opened the internal packaging, lifted the lid on the tin, held the game case in my hand, lifted the Apex guide........saw that the key ring and USB stick were missing....Put the Apex guide and game case back in the box, closed the tin, re-packaged in the shipping box, rang the mail order company, arranged for it to be picked up and a new one delivered!

Currently sitting here looking at the box waiting for Parcel Force to arrive. Instead of playing on release day after pre-ordering back in August looks like I'll now have to wait till the beginning of next week for a new version to be delivered.

:grumpy:
 
1. unbox
2. insert disc
3. download update
4. install
5. wait :drool:
6. watch intro
7. play arcade game - 4 laps of Fuji in a white Gallardo

Thats the way, I did it yesterday evening :dopey:
 
i didnt even bother installing the game first... it took too long, so i just let it install on the go....
 
Arcade mode.

Trial Mountain.

Golf MK5 GTI

Just to see if it felt real, it did!
 
GT5 CE came in mail at work @ around 9am ish
Opened amazon packaging
Left still in shrink wrapping as was too busy to open
Took pictures via phone and MMS'd to my friends :)
12:40pm had 5 mins to open
Looked at APEX book carefully turning the pages
Looked at the art cards (pretty nice)
Opened game case had a look around for the unlock codes for chromeline cars.
Put it all back in box for tonight
3hrs 41mins and counting before i finish !
 
1. Ripped open the packaging
2. Inserted disc and started downloading update
3. Still waiting for it to download
4. Informed my girlfriend that she won't be getting any tonight.
 
1 Checked out the apex book
2 Started the game without install
3 Arcade - Lotus Elise - Cape Ring P
4 Arcade - Lamborghini Gallardo - Monza
5 GT World - bought MX5 j-limited 91
6 GT World - B licence (6 gold/ 4 silver)
7 Full Install
 
Also, did anyone else go off on their first corner? I know I did! :dunce:
 
Went to ASDA Gloucester for the Midnight Release got there at 11-40 :dunce:
Chatted to a few other Gt Nuts waiting to buy there Copy of the Game 👍
00-01 Finally Shop was Allowed to Sell the Game :drool:
First in Queue Reciept says Game Bought at 00-01-47seconds :D
Drive Home Carefully :)
Photograph Virginal Unopened GT5 Case :drool::drool:
Switch on PS3 (pray that my 2.5 year old 60GB Fatty won't die):nervous:
Connect Ethernet Cable and Sign on 👍
Put GT 5 Disc in , Almost Instantly Get Update Message for V1.01:tup:
Install Update , Install Game 👍
Watch pre-recorded British F1 GP , rather than stare at screen like a Mental :D
After 20 Odd Laps switch Channels , Games Installed........Yehaa :drool:
Crack Open a Tin Of Beer , Neck Beer and Open Another :lol::lol::lol:
Go To Arcade Mode , Jump In 24 Jeff Gordon NASCAR At Daytona :drool:
Get Beaten half to Death by A1......jeez these lot are Good At Drafting :grumpy:
Jump in Lamborghini Gallardo , back too Daytona........O.M.G this Car Sounds Amazing :drool::drool::drool:
Play Arcade till 3-45am , Finally go to Bed :)

Day 2 👍

Wake Up at 8-45am Switch on PS3,TV and 5-1 First then Make Coffee 👍
Buy a Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 - 19,980 Win Sunday Cup and Win a Few Things , Kart is a Bonus 👍
Go and jump in Kart Win a few More Races 👍
Do Licence Tests National B & A Get a few Golds 👍(yay) A Few Silver :)(ok) a Few Bronze :dunce::dunce::dunce:(Bugger) . Hatch Evil MasterPlan to go back and try and Get Golds in All 👍
Back to Sunday Cup in a Different Car , Win More Races 👍
Into Dealerships And Buy the Car I really Wan't a 1971 MACH 1 MUSTANG.....Hell yeah baby at last :drool::drool::drool:
Win More Races with the Mustang , Buy Tuning Parts 👍
Win Clubman Cup in Amateur Series , Buy More Tuning Parts for the Mustang 👍
13-50pm Doorbell Rings , Yay my 320GB PS3 / CE Buindle is Here :drool:
Damm do I install it now or Carry on Playing the Standard Version on the 60GB Fatty......tough Choice..........:crazy:
 
I was amazed with the Signature Edition's features :) Then I inserted the disc, updated the game and began the installation. Unfortunately I put my foot on the brake pedal so the installation stopped hahah...

I couldn't wait more so I started playing. I played three time trials:

Swift Sport - Tsukuba
McLaren MP4-12C - SSR7
EVO X - Deep Forest

And then I restarted the installation. Lucky it started in the same point it had stopped :lol:
 
Got home from work, emptied the mailbox, and there it was :D

Took a nice little photo and uploaded to facebook, now i'm installing the game and can't waaaait..
 
Went to ASDA Gloucester for the Midnight Release got there at 11-40 :dunce:
Chatted to a few other Gt Nuts waiting to buy there Copy of the Game 👍
00-01 Finally Shop was Allowed to Sell the Game :drool:
First in Queue Reciept says Game Bought at 00-01-47seconds :D
Drive Home Carefully :)
Photograph Virginal Unopened GT5 Case :drool::drool:
Switch on PS3 (pray that my 2.5 year old 60GB Fatty won't die):nervous:
Connect Ethernet Cable and Sign on 👍
Put GT 5 Disc in , Almost Instantly Get Update Message for V1.01:tup:
Install Update , Install Game 👍
Watch pre-recorded British F1 GP , rather than stare at screen like a Mental :D
After 20 Odd Laps switch Channels , Games Installed........Yehaa :drool:
Crack Open a Tin Of Beer , Neck Beer and Open Another :lol::lol::lol:
Go To Arcade Mode , Jump In 24 Jeff Gordon NASCAR At Daytona :drool:
Get Beaten half to Death by A1......jeez these lot are Good At Drafting :grumpy:
Jump in Lamborghini Gallardo , back too Daytona........O.M.G this Car Sounds Amazing :drool::drool::drool:
Play Arcade till 3-45am , Finally go to Bed :)

Day 2 👍

Wake Up at 8-45am Switch on PS3,TV and 5-1 First then Make Coffee 👍
Buy a Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 - 19,980 Win Sunday Cup and Win a Few Things , Kart is a Bonus 👍
Go and jump in Kart Win a few More Races 👍
Do Licence Tests National B & A Get a few Golds 👍(yay) A Few Silver :)(ok) a Few Bronze :dunce::dunce::dunce:(Bugger) . Hatch Evil MasterPlan to go back and try and Get Golds in All 👍
Back to Sunday Cup in a Different Car , Win More Races 👍
Into Dealerships And Buy the Car I really Wan't a 1971 MACH 1 MUSTANG.....Hell yeah baby at last :drool::drool::drool:
Win More Races with the Mustang , Buy Tuning Parts 👍
Win Clubman Cup in Amateur Series , Buy More Tuning Parts for the Mustang 👍
13-50pm Doorbell Rings , Yay my 320GB PS3 / CE Buindle is Here :drool:
Damm do I install it now or Carry on Playing the Standard Version on the 60GB Fatty......tough Choice..........:crazy:

Most epic use of emoticons to tell a story ever! lol
 
Tore the package open like a kid on Christmas, popped the disk in and now I'm just waiting for the install to be done!

I can't believe IGN only gave this a 8.5! But then again I haven't played it yet.
 
1) Opened my computer.
2) Checked email to see if my amazon.ca order was shipped.
3) Got a confirmation email from them saying that it was indeed shipped.
4) Checked where my package was using the tracking ID.
5) Saw that it was in Montreal this morning.
6) Went to hospital to take a blood sample.
7) Got back home.
8) Checked tracking ID again and saw that my item was out for delivery.
9) Waiting on package to get delivered. :D
 
First thing I did with the game? Take it out of it's envelope :)

The first thing I did after starting it up though was wonder what that piano 'music' at the start of the intro was about. I appreciate music, infact I've spent a lot of money studying music, but that piano piece sounded like a cat walking on the keys.
 
Ill tell you from previous GT games it will start out buying a mazda. Likely an FC rx7. This is how ive started all my GT games minus GT3 without used car lot i got a miata. Then ill transfer GTPSP cars. Maybe i shouldnt count my chickens before they hatch.
 
Went to my local Blockbuster from work (lunch break) and traded in Black Ops (not my cuppa tea), then got a lift home from my G/F and updated and install whilst having lunch, then got lift back to work.

Now at work counting the seconds till 5pm!! 10 minute walk home and boom! GT5!!!! :)
 
Most epic use of emoticons to tell a story ever! lol

Erm yer sorry about that , Game makes me feel like a big kid again :dunce:

thing is i'm 51 years old :lol::lol::lol:
 
Back