The first thing you did with the game

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raagentreg
  • 121 comments
  • 10,163 views
Was forced to buy a car before I could head to the lisense tests - somewhat unoriginally got the premium Civic Type R.
Then went and got all golds on the B lisense before checking out some of the beginner races.
As a GT 'old hand' I have the problem that's been repeated with all the games in the series from GT2 onwards - far too easy at the start! Still, I love the cockpit view, and the collisions are much improved even if I haven't seen any damage yet (presumably to come later). Went for the Clubman races before bed, and found the I.A. much improved, much more likely to try and pass you if you take a clumsy bend. However, saw some fairly nasty clipping / meshing issues on the Trial Mountain and London circuits, practically cutting the screen into 2 pieces horizontally sometimes whilst cornering, anyone else see this?
All in all though - GT is back! Fantasatic.
 
After I picked the game up from gamestop I got back in my MR2 and texted a friend bragging about really finally having the game in my hands.

After getting home and turning the game on I complained about not being able to do license tests until after I bought a car and then further complained about the only half decent car available at start being a miata.
 
Your jealousy is shared... Friday can't come soon enough

Don't worry man, you have years of awesome gameplay waiting ahead of you. What's a couple of days, anyway?

(Not trying to overhype the game, as it does have some minor (MINOR) flaws, but it is indeed excellent IMO)
 
Installed update
Checked out gt life
Bought a mitsubishi fto
Finished the beginner sunday cup
Did license test(hard)
 
-Went crazy when I heard the mailman ring the doorbell
-Received package
-Opened package
-Rang up my best mate, telling him to come pick up his game
-Ripped the plastic of my copy, popped it into my PS3
-Watched the intro while doing Rubens Barrichello's victory dance :D :cheers:
 
- Checked out all of the social aspects , email , messageboard ,etc , etc
-Bought a used Mitsubishi FTO
-Added a wing and oil change
-Did license test (silver):ouch:
-Trained bspec driver and laughed because he's worse than me :)
 
-Got off work and drove to gamestop ( already stoked about my promotion at work)
-Walked in to game stop flashed my id and walked out with CE in hand
-Drop the top to my miata and texted my girl that my life has become busy
-Got home unveiled the CE with my girl to show her my new love lol
-Popped in disc to wait for patch and install
-Watched mythbusters during installed
-Started up GT life annoyed at extremely long load times
-Bought miata
-Took to eigar wald
-Shed tears of joy as it handled just like a miata should
-Got on my knees and prayed for long life and good health to Yamauchi-san
 
well i live in Melbourne, Australia.
I ordered my game at EB Games at Chadstone Shopping Center - (biggest shopping center in the southern hemisphere for those who like trivia) - and i got a call at 6pm THE NIGHT BEFORE its release, saying it was on sale now! so me and a mate of mine hammered down the freeway and picked up our copy, there was quite a big line and took us 15min to get a car park as it was VIP night shopping till midnight. big night it was.

we sat in the car for a couple of min in the car park just looking at it thinking...wow..finally! gt5!

and got home and played for 5 hrs straight. that was 28hrs ago, and since ive installed the game and played about 10hrs. and loving it!
 
:dopey: Got the game yesterday :)

Still in the box:scared:

Waiting for my PS3 to come back from repair.. gone two weeks allready :nervous:

No fear though... Was at my friends place and he allready had installed it and been playing for hours when I was don at work. So then I played a bit with his cars and made him some nice cash, went for some gold on a few licenses that he only had silver on, but he was going to go back and have gold on them any way.

He had the game on for 13 hours yesterday and I was there for 7 of them.

Still many licenses to take.. and I have to start fresh in I guess a few weeks...:ouch:
 
First thing I did was go straight into A-Spec racing, haven't even done the licences yet and I'm on level 11. I'm doing the Specials as and when I unlock them, haven't checked out B-Spec, Arcade or Online yet.
 
- Waited all day to get the game home which I brought at lunchtime after my play.com dispatch didnt arrive on Wed
- Started download and then game install
- Put son to bed and read hima storey
- Went and had dinner whilst the above was completing (watched an episode of West Wing :))
- Started GT5 and went through all the driver setup etc etc etc
- Brought an ugly green Mitsi FTO
- Bolted on a tacky chav racer rear wing
- Oil change
- Did B and A licenses tests to silver standard (some golds, will go back and gold these later)
- Did the 3 races in the Sunday cup (gold in each - too easy)
- Did the 3 races in the FF cup (gold in each - too easy)
- Accepted winning cars into garage
- Remembered I had the stealth cars to download so did this and viewed them - NICE !!!
- Tried in vein to get onto the online portion of the game, but got nothing in the game lobby at all despite a million and one attempts to refresh.

Tonight

- More licenses (level up)
- More Races (extra $$$)
- Special races
- Try and get online working !!
 
- opened the game case -> ji - zz - ed in my pa - nts
- Installed and updated the game :guilty:
- saw the intro video :guilty:
- played for 6 hours :drool:
- drove the sls on the Nordschleife :crazy::dopey::drool:
 
Registered to this forum,

Watched it update,
Watched it Install,
Umm checked some reviews on Youtube
And checked out what you guys said...

Not long till i see the game and have a play

Am i Excitted Arrrhhhh YES! YES! YES! YES! " Mark Webber Styles" 👍
 
Morning my copy was delivered.
I ran downstairs, took the game out of the white padded envelope to finally hold GT5 in my hands!!

Back upstairs, pop it into the PS3, update, install... wait about an hour for this to finish.

Quick browse around, look through the dealerships.

Do license tests, checked my emails to find the codes for my Stealth cars, redeemed the cars

Then continued to play for the next 12hours and then sleep
 
grrrrrr. The waiting is killing me. I'm only going to get my grubby hands on my copy of the CE once I'm back in England on 8th Dec!!!

Does anyone know if the European/Oceanian/Japanese (i.e. Region 2) come with acertificate of authenticity like the US version? I would love to have one of those!
 
First thing I did was watch the intro (hated the piano music).
Then I sat at the main menu for about 5 minutes waiting for the game to work.
After that I set up my driver and then went to the used car dealership and bought the 99 Toyota Celica SS-II. Unfortunately it was a "standard" car. Went to the first race, finished first and decided to take pics. Could not believe how bad the standard car looked. Easily worse than GT4. Many jaggies around the wheel wells and massive shadow problems that looked like triangles.
I completed several more races and unlocked several cars. Then finished the all the B license tests.
Then tried experimenting with Premium car damage. Spent 20 minutes with a Premium mustang and could not get the panels to come off at all. Rolled the car many times with no scratches on the roof.
So far very disappointed with this game. Trying to find a Premium car that I like but not having much luck since the premium list is fairly small. I might buy a Subaru Impreza or Lancer Evo.
 
Registered to this forum,

Watched it update,
Watched it Install,
Umm checked some reviews on Youtube
And checked out what you guys said...

Not long till i see the game and have a play

Am i Excitted Arrrhhhh YES! YES! YES! YES! " Mark Webber Styles" 👍

Two things:

First, Welcome to the forum!

Second: this is the yes you are looking for

 
First things:
- Go to the WC :dopey:
- Open the box as quick as possible
- Install it
- Did an arcade race with the Calsonic GTR on Trial Mountain
 
Got the box in the mail, opened it and checked out the CE stuff.
Installed it while playing guitar
Started arcade mode, selected Grand Valley and the GT-R
Turned off all driver assists
Braked hard while turning into a corner and, while spinning out, realized the physics had gotten a lot more real
 
- Bought the game
- Go to work
- Got home after work
- Drink a Club Havana '7 years old with my dad
- Started up the game
- It updated
- I didn't wanted to wait so long for it to install so I didn't
- Bought a Civic EK9 in Champ White
- Did the first event
- Did a few drift laps in arcade
- Made my own circuit but it sucked, bad!
- Went to bed
- Woke up early
- Deleted all the song except the Rock ones
- Did some more races
- Went to work, where I still am
 
First thing I did was watch the intro (hated the piano music).
Then I sat at the main menu for about 5 minutes waiting for the game to work.
After that I set up my driver and then went to the used car dealership and bought the 99 Toyota Celica SS-II. Unfortunately it was a "standard" car. Went to the first race, finished first and decided to take pics. Could not believe how bad the standard car looked. Easily worse than GT4. Many jaggies around the wheel wells and massive shadow problems that looked like triangles.
I completed several more races and unlocked several cars. Then finished the all the B license tests.
Then tried experimenting with Premium car damage. Spent 20 minutes with a Premium mustang and could not get the panels to come off at all. Rolled the car many times with no scratches on the roof.
So far very disappointed with this game. Trying to find a Premium car that I like but not having much luck since the premium list is fairly small. I might buy a Subaru Impreza or Lancer Evo.

This isnt the whinging thread. Hows the Forza forums nowadays?

First things I did:
Installed yada yada, straight into arcade mode (after the options)
Subaru Impreza WRX STi Sedan '10 - Nurburgring GP
Dodge Challenger '10 - Cape Ring South
Lamborghini Gallardo - Monza (change weather)
Mclaren MP4-12c - SSR7

:drool::drool:👍
 
Im confused why did everyone's install take so long? I just threw the game in and away I went, the only thing I had to wait for was the software upgrade.

Anyway the first thing I did was take the Zonda R for a spin around Suzuka. Epic is all I can say. That thing sounds absolutely incredible, looks amazing and the flames out of the exhaust are just the icing on the cake. I don't think I'll be getting much sleep this weekend...
 
First thing I did was watch the intro (hated the piano music).
Then I sat at the main menu for about 5 minutes waiting for the game to work.
After that I set up my driver and then went to the used car dealership and bought the 99 Toyota Celica SS-II. Unfortunately it was a "standard" car. Went to the first race, finished first and decided to take pics. Could not believe how bad the standard car looked. Easily worse than GT4. Many jaggies around the wheel wells and massive shadow problems that looked like triangles.
I completed several more races and unlocked several cars. Then finished the all the B license tests.
Then tried experimenting with Premium car damage. Spent 20 minutes with a Premium mustang and could not get the panels to come off at all. Rolled the car many times with no scratches on the roof.
So far very disappointed with this game. Trying to find a Premium car that I like but not having much luck since the premium list is fairly small. I might buy a Subaru Impreza or Lancer Evo.

Also mate check this game out, you will love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I053bNHvGc4

You can crash to your heart's content
 
You have the option of installing a large portion of things on your hard drive. I didn't bother because its a whole 8 gigs while I barely have half that left right now.
 
You have the option of installing a large portion of things on your hard drive. I didn't bother because its a whole 8 gigs while I barely have half that left right now.

have you bought an MR2 yet? i bought the GT-S and tuned it up to 300hp and its completely uncontrollable. i drive with all TC and ABS off and tried fiddling with the settings but i still cant seem to brake without spinning out
 
I have a '97 NA and an '86 SC. I haven't found a GT-S for sale yet.
 
went to 4 shops to find a copy. Finally got a copy in Sainsbury's
got home, did install
waited,
couldnt get into the game as the arrow didnt appear on the menu screen and just hung there.
Eventually got into game.
Bought MX-5
Game hung on load screen.
Raced a 3 lap race on Le Mans in the rain,
Laughed at how awful it looks.
Turned it off
Played Dirt 2 instead
Had fun

Today: returned GT5
 
Back