The first thing you did with the game

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raagentreg
  • 121 comments
  • 10,163 views
- Had my girlfriend pick up the game while I was flying back from Europe.
- Arrived home at last (that was long!)
- Installed the game, which took more than 1 hour, leaving me some time to have dinner, chat, and listen to some good old CDs
- Watched the intro
- Got a '98 Lexus IS200 from the used cars lot
- Went straight to bed
- Went to work
 
You have the option of installing a large portion of things on your hard drive. I didn't bother because its a whole 8 gigs while I barely have half that left right now.

Does intalling do anything to speed up loading times? I didn't see any option to install but if it does I will be doing that tonight. It's ok at the moment because the load times give me a chance to read the Apex book, but once I'm finished that it might get a little bit frustrating
 
It should speed up the game a lot since most of the stuff will be on your HD. If you have the space go for it but I've only got the 40 gig PS3 and I own 10 games right now with various DLCs.
 
Buy a Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 - 19,980

What the?!? You bought a CTR? And someone else bought a mx-5... The only car I could afford (and a level 0) was a freaking Honda Jazz 1.4!

I just loooooved the fact that you can't even begin to take licenses without buying a car first (forcing you to buy a friggin' Jazz), and then you're awarded three prize cars (well, two cars and a cart) and levelled up to level 4, so that you can take part in special events where you easily can make enough money to buy a decent ride... and then finding out that you can't even change the rims on the Jazz because it's a STANDARD CAR!!! 👎

My first impressions of this game is a mixed bag...
 
went to 4 shops to find a copy. Finally got a copy in Sainsbury's
got home, did install
waited,
couldnt get into the game as the arrow didnt appear on the menu screen and just hung there.
Eventually got into game.
Bought MX-5
Game hung on load screen.
Raced a 3 lap race on Le Mans in the rain,
Laughed at how awful it looks.
Turned it off
Played Dirt 2 instead
Had fun

Today: returned GT5

well at least you gave it a fair chance...
 
What the?!? You bought a CTR? And someone else bought a mx-5... The only car I could afford (and a level 0) was a freaking Honda Jazz 1.4!

I just loooooved the fact that you can't even begin to take licenses without buying a car first (forcing you to buy a friggin' Jazz), and then you're awarded three prize cars (well, two cars and a cart) and levelled up to level 4, so that you can take part in special events where you easily can make enough money to buy a decent ride... and then finding out that you can't even change the rims on the Jazz because it's a STANDARD CAR!!! 👎

My first impressions of this game is a mixed bag...

it was in the dealership. the type r civic is a premium car

No aids, sports soft tires, stage 2 suspension and a spoiler.

have you changed any settings on the suspension or kept it default stage 2?
 
well at least you gave it a fair chance...

I'm absolutely gutted tbh. I'm a huge fan of GT, but this is just shocking. I was hoping for so much more, but it's just too dated.
 
have you changed any settings on the suspension or kept it default stage 2?

Low and stiff. I simply drive everywhere looking forward through the quarter windows.

Really though its not that bad. I'm sure the extra torque of the GTS makes the difference.
 
>Bought game
>Drove home
>Ate dinner (I was starving ok?!)
>Opened up my CE
>Pulled out the game box and immediately put the disc in my PS3 to get that install started (yeah I should have done this before dinner, but oh well)
>Listened to my Uni's basketball team play on the radio during the install (Game not on TV = lame).
>Install done, watched the intro
>Thought to myself, "Huh, that intro was pretty cool. The song wasn't as bad as people made it seem".
>Went to GT Life and got initial stuff setup
>Looked for a used car to start with, settled on the '99 Nissan Silvia (Yellow blech!)
>SUNDAY CUP BABY, A GT TRADITION!
 
First thing I did? I stopped going on GTPlanet for a month until I get into the online part. See you then. :P
 
Well first thing to get up in the morning right on time for the shops to open and pick up my copy and drive home straight away since I took holidays. :D

On the way home staring at the package in disbelieve to finally have the actual game. :)

First thing home unfortunately decided to install the game, well that a while and was always switching between TV channel and PS3 channel waiting for it to finish :nervous:

The first thing as with every GT game for me bought a Honda Civic in this case the Civic Type R and did the B license followed by a short shooting session of my little baby :)

Next up was a bit Arcade racing in Snow and Rain at night before the Sunday Cup needed to be done :D
 
Arcade mode. Castrol Tom's Supra at Grand Valley. Old school GT all the way.
 
I think they included the 300 page Apex book so we would have something to look at for the 1+ hour install. Its been saying "3 minutes left" for 5 minutes now??
 
I think they included the 300 page Apex book so we would have something to look at for the 1+ hour install. Its been saying "3 minutes left" for 5 minutes now??

I had it say 35 seconds left over 10 minutes :( It`s pure torture.
 
B Licence.
Followed up with Sunday Cup.
Then Kart Racing
 
Went to Gamestop to pick up my copy of GT5, but apparently my pre-ordered copy didn't go through and it never got shipped. However, the lady behind the counter was nice about the whole thing, and even as I'm sure they had extra copies available, sold me a copy and also gave me the pre-order bonus cars.

After that, I went home, took a few pictures of the unopened game, open it up, install it while I cook and ate lunch. Once everything was done installing, I watched the intro movies, looked through the game options, then played Circuit de la Sarthe and Laguna Seca in Arcade before starting GT Life mode.
 
Also went to gamestop where I had my standard game preordered.I saw 2 Collectors Editions sitting there as I walked in...one was for sale so I bought the CE instead :) Lucky me.
Painful long install followed while reading the apex book I had already given up on.
Wanted to drive my beloved EvoIX on Tsukuba in Arcade but had to make do with the EvoX instead. Big grin on my face about the new physics then went into GTlife and started my career.:dopey:
 
Last edited:
Low and stiff. I simply drive everywhere looking forward through the quarter windows.

Really though its not that bad. I'm sure the extra torque of the GTS makes the difference.

i set mine about -3 height, around 5.5 stiff on rear and front and dampers ex at 4 and dampers com at 3. it might be the torque or just too much power.
 
i took '10 Camaro out on Trial mountain. took a picture for my profile.

then bought a Nissan March 12SR and got my B licence.
 
First thing I did was get angry. The install time was insane. Once it was ready I next got angry at the black loading screen with the silver GT logo. It comes up all the time for a minute at a time. The. While waiting for the screen to go away I got irritated with the music and got angry trying to figure out the crazy menu systems to turn off the music.
By this time I was thoroughly annoyed. I bight a civic and did some races. The clutch doesn't work right with this game and I was reduced to just using the paddle shifters on my fanatec turbo s.
Thing is though, I started liking the racing. After a while I had earned a go kart and was test driving it. I found I had turned my angry frown upside down to a silly grin. I think I'm gonna like this game.
 
I went to Arcade mode, got into a Lambo and took it for a spin on Special Stage! Got a trophy from hitting a certain speed too!
 
Went straight away to settings and found no wheel rotation options... Why oh why do we have to use 900 degrees.
 
Went straight away to settings and found no wheel rotation options... Why oh why do we have to use 900 degrees.

Because you dont' have a Fanatec Wheel!!! LOL!!!
 
First thing I did with the game? I bought it. Then I brought it home and unwrapped the plastic off the jewel case. Har har. ;)

No, first thing I did once the game was in my PS3 was change all the options around. Turned Race Music off, turned Menu Music, down, etc. Then I configured my sixaxis. Very important. Can't do anything until I got all the buttons doing what I need them to do. :)
 
You mean after I started the install and surfed around here? :D

I did license tests. I don't have any bronze grades, but the golds are becoming a booger to win. I sprained my back and am in quite the tender condition, and really tired all the time so I'm not on my A game, but I still don't think I'd do much better than I am. When I'm racing, I really don't notice it. Good therapy, I suppose. Or maybe bad. :lol:

Loving the game though.
 
Back