The first thing you did with the game

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raagentreg
  • 121 comments
  • 10,163 views
I started GT Mode, purchased a Standard car from Used Car section Mitsubishi FTO, to see what the generic cockpit view was like in the standard cars, only to find there was not one. I am really disappointed, this I consider a must have for this console generation. How the hell is GT5 "The Real Driving Simulator" with no cockpit view for most of the cars, when was the last time you saw someone driving on the roof or bumper?
 
I started GT Mode, purchased a Standard car from Used Car section Mitsubishi FTO, to see what the generic cockpit view was like in the standard cars, only to find there was not one. I am really disappointed, this I consider a must have for this console generation. How the hell is GT5 "The Real Driving Simulator" with no cockpit view for most of the cars, when was the last time you saw someone driving on the roof or bumper?

Unless you sit 2ft from your screen (or drive your car from the back seat) then the cockpit view isn't realistic anyway...
 
Went in to arcade mode and test drove the Gallardo on Tsukuba. Did three laps and then installed the game.
 
I picked it up at 10 am drove home, popped it in the PS3 and am now installing it to the HD almost there.
 
Finally i got mine, dropped by the store (24H walmart) on my way to work early this morning.

I am going to keep it close to me at all time throughout the day, until i can get home and pop it in the Fatty.

I haven't taken it out of its plastic. Still virgin and i am going to enjoy it looking at it for a few more hours, and knowing its mine now... Finally!



As i walk out the store, this is a pic right after paying the cashier named IRIS:
 
Last edited:
As a proud 97 NSX owner, I went straight to Arcade to find the NSX to toss around .. and for some reason it wasn't available .. -perhaps I was sleepy?- ... I got pissed ... then raced Laguna in Arcade with the Mclaren M4p .. then took a silver on the license test, first try, first test, then passed out @ 2:30 am ...

sucks I will not be able to play today until like 11pm .. probably i'll be exhausted ,, one thing though, I am very very sorry to say, I wasn't BLOWN AWAY as I was expecting ,, weird ... I am looking for a better experience tonight!

Oscar
 
As i walk out the store, this is a pic right after paying the cashier named IRIS

You know something's up when you know the cashier's name, either you know her from before, or it's a big day.

Methinks the latter...
 
After work, ill go home, unpack it, install it asap. Go eat, put the kid to bed.

Ill do Penniless, delete the save game then play 4 days strait !!!!
 
Took a pic of it on my car's dash in front of the store.

20101124-photo.jpg


It's installing now.
 
Went into GT life, bought the slowest car available at the used car section and proceeded to the Sunday Cup and Autumn Ring Mini, my fourth race there and my PS3 froze! Played for 10 hours yesterday, using all the slowest cars in the game.

My Fiat 500 sounds like a beast, it has a deep rumble which is very satisfying. Oh and I've managed to roll over a couple of times (with a Standard car).
 
Last edited:
damn..im jealous right now! =/ some more waiting for me...
 
Got the game from gamestop
got home
opened the box
put the game in the ps3
flicked through the Apex book while game was installing
something went wrong, had to install again :(
finally got the game going, bought a new civic type R
toke the first two licenses, and did a few races
went to the cinema to watch the new Harry Potter movie (that hermione girl certainly is all grown up)
came home and turned on the ps3
the ps3 broke
... i beat the dog and went to bed

safe to say, the day didn't go as i planned it :-s
 
Went to town, walked to bank, walked to game, walked to cinema, walked home. Died.

Then I just had a quick look at the contents of my Sig edition, got the game out and put the rest away. Installed, then enjoyed the noise:drool:
 
The first thing i did when the game started was wonder why it was playing christmas songs on the homescreen.

First race was on Tsukuba with some japanese power. Started the race, quit the race because the ffb was way to hard. Set ffb to 1 and went back to racing. It's a lot of fun fighting with the ai. The ffb is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy better then in prologue thank god.

After quiting the game i found out why i had christmas songs on the home screen, my system date was set to 24 december :D

Time for some more racing.
 
Went to gamestop at 10am, there where three other people waiting. Got the game and opened it in the store to make sure the disc was actually in the case. Ran to catch the next bus home. Insert disc, install and update. Get breakfast tacos from the vegetarian place next door. Give girlfriend said tacos to send her away to work in a good mood. Then get down to getting the licences.
 
Bought a premium Miata and went for a drive around Laguna Seca. :D
 
mine is very silly. went to walmart that is open 24/7 in NJ Secaucus and argued with incompetent electronics employee to set up gt5 on the display before midnight since it SHOULD be available on 24th. Picked up the game at 12:02AM 11/24/2010, with 5 other people who came after me. got home at 1:40AM in NYC and updated the game, installed. installation took roughly 30 minutes. started to play around 2:20AM. I was getting license B and A. went to bed at 4:30AM since i was trying to get all gold and silver. I am happy that i got the game early but terribly regretting i played until 4pm since it was a busy day at work today. going to pick up my gt5 CE at gamestop later today after work. :dopey:
 
Buy it. Show it off to my fellow uni buddies. Go home and install the game, plus show it off to my bros. :D Play the game, look around menus yeah.
 
Took my RX-7 up to gamestop, picked up the game, went home, started the game up, imported my PSP save data, picked out my RX-7 from the PSP data, went to arcade mode to finally get back out on midfield after playing all these forzas... couldn't find midfield... looked it up online... no midfield... no apricot hill either, (would've been my second choice)... If I had been keeping up with the news I would've known this already but I wanted to keep the game a surprise until I got it... Surprise!... Oh well, I'm starting career now, even with some immediate disappointments I'm still excited.:D
 
Woke up bright and early, and went online to check store hours of stores close to me, before heading to the one that opened the earliest (K-Mart at 8am , in this case). Briskly walked inside, solicited the rotund lady behind the counter for a copy of the game, slapped down my $64.94 US, and tried not to run out of the store to my car like a dork. Unwrapped game as I drove the excruciating 7 minutes home, and popped the game in. Been loving it ever since, but haven't been able to purchase a '91 Prelude from the Used Dealership yet--gotta love random inventory. Did some license tests, special events, and the first three tiers of races using stock prize cars--love the way FFs handle now. Am now sitting on 525k credits... waiting for that Prelude.

:grumpy:
 
Went through the SE. Very impressive and of high quality 👍 from me.
 
Installed,Bought a premium civic type R.
Did 2 licence tests,got bored so I did the Special events instead
 
The first thing I did after picking up the game was to get back in the car and drove to a shopping mall.

The first thing I did in the game was to take a Subaru Impreza WRX STI '10 around Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 in a time trial session.
 
I went right to the B license and went through golding them all. I didn't go on to the next tests until I golded the one I was on. Took about 45 minutes maybe. So much fun with the G27!
 
Unboxed my Signature Edition;
installing on the go so didn't do the one at the start;
watched the intro;
raced at Monza in the rain in a black Gallardo in Arcade mode;
admired everything;
explored GT Mode, did a few events, got to level 6;
did one license test;
attempted to gold the Top Gear Test Track special event but failed when I braked too late, punting another bus and being disqualified...;
did some online races with a friend

And that's about it. More GT5 tomorrow! Oh tried headtracking too- annoyingly it only works in Arcade mode's Time Trial but it is brilliant!
 
Just got the game this morning, Amazing I must say, I went straight to arcade mode to try it out quickly before getting license and was blown away by the sound of the Mines R34, well worth the money, highly doubt I'll be getting any PS3 games anytime soon!
 
License
Special event karts
Waited till a lancer Gsr evo 3 showed up in the used cars and took it for a run . &10.000 and smashed everyone yeeeeeeeewwww
 
Back