The five cars that you DO NOT want in GT6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
VW kübelwagen, Swimmwagen, Samba bus T2. Nascars, dragsters

reposters---get-out_gp_405779.jpg

why do people want to remove the S2000 US or EU version?
EU version redline 8900rpm, f20c engine
US version redline 8000rpm, f22c engine

The EU version should be a PREMIUM model.

-> ...
Many of these region models have differences, either be it (small)weight/power or even physical differances. Take a look at S2000 (US) '01 and S2000 (EU) '01. In the EU model you can spot the headlight washing mechanism. There's also a not-so-easy to see (much due to the low polycount and texture quality) difference in the headlights between region models and 01'-03' models.

These differences is important for S2000 enthusiasts. (I'm not one, btw). :indiff:

knd
why do people want to remove the S2000 US or EU version?
EU version redline 8900rpm, f20c engine
US version redline 8000rpm, f22c engine

The EU version should be a PREMIUM model.
^ I am a current S2K owner. I share the same sentiments too, it should've been like this:

- AP1 (US) = Looks better than the JDM version, imho.
- AP1 (EU) = For RHD option.
- AP2 (US) = Has to be the '04/'05 model. First to receive the F22C.
- AP2 (EU) = For RHD option.
- CR (US) = Top spec. On hard-top or no-top.
- Type-S (JP) = Same as above, but RHD. On softtop-up or top down w/ cover.

^ I don't know where to place the AP1 VGS here. But it won't make much of a difference compared to the US-spec AP1. Same goes with specific JDM colors too...

- X2010 S.Vettel
- X2010
- X2010 Prototype
- X2011 Prototype '11
^ Yes! :grumpy:👍

Most of them do not, and there certainly isn't any justification to have ones that are nothing more than color variations.

Do you know how many models are the same, "nothing more then color variations"? And how many models have these differences? It might just surprise you.

The question in the thread is weird, it should have been something like "What car not in GT5 do you not want in GT6." It would have made for a more interesting topic.

Last edited:
Any concept-cars whose the moving version doesn't exist in reality.
Useless cars variations
Lamborghini Veneno

Actually, yes I do. I also know which ones PD just made up.

Not to argue but just to add in addition to what he said:
You would be surprised to see how different almost every car is once you start looking at programming code etc. yes I will agree that the cold variations are mostly copy and paste but even cars like the 30 Miata's and RX7's have their own individual body/suspension/chassis hex code. Even some of the "copy-paste" paint code have different body codes because the paint is linked to the body.

Actually, yes I do. I also know which ones PD just made up.
Care to point out the duplicates?

Consider this quote from jgancherjr before you do:

You would be surprised to see how different almost every car is once you start looking at programming code etc. yes I will agree that the cold variations are mostly copy and paste but even cars like the 30 Miata's and RX7's have their own individual body/suspension/chassis hex code.

Care to point out the duplicates?

snap004.jpg

Here's one.

Here's another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. And another. I could do this all day, and in this very thread I listed out nearly every single one in one post many months ago. But if your standard for why it's okay for over a tenth of the cars to be renamed versions of cars already there is "headlamp washers" I see little point.

Consider this quote from jgancherjr before you do:
His quote regarding how GT5's internal coding treats them is irrelevant. He specifically brought up the 30 (actually 34) Miatas. In real life, only 14 of them actually exist. The other 20 were made up wholesale. Of those 14, only 7 of them are actually distinct models in real life. The original 1989 model, the 1995 S-Special, the 1997 SR-Limited, the 1998 1.8RS, the 2000 1800RS, the 2004 1600 NR-A and the 2007 NC. The others in real life were nothing more than special color packages. Add another one for the Miata TC, and you max out at 8. The fact that PD have been making up stats for the cars that they also made up in order to treat them as different when they shouldn't also doesn't make it so they aren't duplicates.

Last edited:
His quote regarding how GT5's internal coding treats them is irrelevant. He specifically brought up the 30 (actually 34) Miatas. In real life, only 14 of them actually exist. The other 20 were made up wholesale. Of those 14, only 7 of them are actually distinct models in real life. The original 1989 model, the 1995 S-Special, the 1997 SR-Limited, the 1998 1.8RS, the 2000 1800RS, the 2004 1600 NR-A and the 2007 NC. The others in real life were nothing more than special color packages. Add another one for the Miata TC, and you max out at 8. The fact that PD have been making up stats for the cars that they also made up in order to treat them as different when they shouldn't also doesn't make it so they aren't duplicates.

Indeed. The existence of multiple different chassis/suspension/engines for cars that aren't different is somewhat disturbing, if anything. These cars are not different, and if the game is treating them differently then all it's doing is making some or all of them less like the real thing.

There are sometimes trim and visual differences between regions, but mechanically there are usually very few differences between regions.

Even if they choose to have multiple copies of what is essentially the same car in game, they absolutely shouldn't be driving differently. That goes fundamentally against what the game claims to be trying to do, provide a realistic driving experience.

Yeah, there are definitely duplicates, including cars with nonsense names that never existed. The problem comes from PD combining car lists of the games of different regions, so you end up with (J) tags where such a car never would have existed in Japan.

Famine has also mentioned this point before. Toronado, if you can manage to find your post with a list of the non-existent cars in GT5, I'd appreciate it. It would be nice to know exactly which cars I don't need to bother buying from the UCD when I see them.

As far as hex codes, is it possible that the codes simply refer to different chassis objects, which themselves have all the same information? From a programming perspective that seems likely. Just because the codes are different does not necessarily mean they behave differently.

There's a 1.6 and a 1.8 Gen 1 (NA), and technically there's a 1.6L version of the NA8 which had the 1.6 engine along with the upgraded bracing of the 1.8 version. There was the original Gen 2 (NB), the 10AE, the facelift model, and a Mazdaspeed model. There's also a 1.6L NB in Europe only, I think. The Gen 3 (NC) has an original and a facelift model, plus the Superlight and the Touring Car that you mentioned.

There's more Miatas/MX5s than you'd think looking at them, but nowhere near the number PD gets to. All the different models PD does are regional, which generally have no functional difference, or levels of upgrades that could be applied to any car from the dealership.
I admit theres a lot of different versions PD have included, but to be honest i'm just fine with the MX-5's in Forza, the gen 1, gen 2, gen3 and superlight.

Toronado, if you can manage to find your post with a list of the non-existent cars in GT5, I'd appreciate it. It would be nice to know exactly which cars I don't need to bother buying from the UCD when I see them.

Yes, please. It will come in handy for GT6.

'07 Mustang GT
Shelby Series 1 Supercharged

Why even bother putting these cars in the game if most of the info is just flatout wrong plus why did they even bother with a premium GT when there was the new GT500 for the '07 model year? Plus the '07 GT is EXACTLY the same as the '05 GT.

I admit theres a lot of different versions PD have included, but to be honest i'm just fine with the MX-5's in Forza, the gen 1, gen 2, gen3 and superlight.

Oh, I agree completely. For the sake of gameplay those 4 are plenty, as with a decent upgrade shop you can duplicate just about anything you want anyway. But even if PD were trying to be complete they could do it in a lot less models than they have.

Oh, I agree completely. For the sake of gameplay those 4 are plenty, as with a decent upgrade shop you can duplicate just about anything you want anyway. But even if PD were trying to be complete they could do it in a lot less models than they have.

I agree but I hate it how PD boasts about how it has "over 1000 cars" when most of them are skylines and MX-5's :rolleyes:

You got to be serious...

He obviously is.

I don't want an overweight lister storm
I don't want an overpowered Mclaren F1 race car
I don't want Super GT NSX's that destroy SC430's
I don't want to continue racing only old DTMs
I don't want any X1s

Overpowered McLaren F1 gtr??? Its only stock 601bhp and the old GT1 regulations were 541hp. Are YOU even serious? How is that overpowered?

Obviously more than five, but:

X2011/2010s
2010/2011 NASCARs (replace with at least 16 cars from 2012 or 2013)
Nissan 350Z LM Race Car (leave just the Fairlady Z Race Car, which is faster)
All Renault Lutecias/Mazda Atenzas (leaving their Clio and Mazda6 variants)
Ford GT No Stripe
Standard Jaguar XJR9 and other variants of premium cars

His quote regarding how GT5's internal coding treats them is irrelevant.
..... In real life...
...in real life...
.... in real life...
The fact that PD have been making up stats for the cars that they also made up in order to treat them as different when they shouldn't also doesn't make it so they aren't duplicates.

As you stated 3 times and what rather quickly made your post irrelevant, this is not real life, simulator or not. I am well aware that there is only several generations of Miata's in real life, but real life is not built on coding. A lot of the handling characteristics are encoded the same, so yes some aspects of the car are copy and paste. But that goes for every car in the game. You want to be complete honest. The only two 100% different cars in the game are:
X2011
All the rest
All the cars in the game have the exact same grip/engine/horsepower "multiplier" (one) where the X2011 does not. It is actually cut down on horsepower to nearly (Horsepower X 0.4xx) from stock, meaning that PD overpowered it from default, then corrected their mistake on that individual car distinguishing it from the rest.

So if you want to argue "it's just a copy of the x2010 besides the body"
Wrong; engine, chassis, body, suspension, weight, LSD, clutch, flywheel, every little thing in that car is different from the X2010. To be honest they SHOULD'VE copy/paste everything from the X1 to the X2011 because in my opinion they ruined it except in straight line speed.. Screw it, I think that will be today's build.

Last edited:
Overpowered McLaren F1 gtr??? Its only stock 601bhp and the old GT1 regulations were 541hp. Are YOU even serious? How is that overpowered?

Because if the old regulations were 541hp, and the car has 601hp, that makes it overpowered.

It's time PD gets the Stats right on racecars.

Still, think about it. Regulations were 541hp but the car max settings can reach over 600hp in real life and GT. Like how LMP cars regulations are 700bhp, that's just the limiters, I bet they could reach 1000bhp but FIA has set a cap for horsepower.

All you have to do is set the BMW McLaren F1 GTR to 541hp. Is it that tedious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back