The five cars that you DO NOT want in GT6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Toyota Prius
2002-toyota-prius_100029199_m.jpg

2. Toyota Prius
2007_toyota_prius_4_dr_touring-pic-19804.jpeg

3. Toyota Prius
01_2010_toyota_prius_realorrender_opte.jpg

That is all. Also cut out some of the Skylines and all that.

Kubelwagen and schwimmwagen
All Mitsubishi 3000GT variants
Dodge Charger Superbee
Bugatti Veyrong Standard
. >These absolutely have to be completely new premium models.
RUF Yellowbird - Standard

Veyron is a big, ugly, ill handling turd and therefore useless in the game. The multitude of K cars aren't much different. Keep 6-8 of the best cars and ditch the rest. The Citroen 2cv is so ugly it's cute, but isn't much use in the game. The Kubelwagon and Schwiminwagon are funky, but not much use, especially when they can't be painted.

1. Toyota Prius

2. Toyota Prius

3. Toyota Prius

That is all. Also cut out some of the Skylines and all that.

I find nothing wrong with the Prius other than the lousy CVT transmission that makes the car feel like it has half the already low HP it has. Seriously PD, you need to let us change it like with the Honda Insight.

tlfarns
Veyron is a big, ugly, ill handling turd and therefore useless in the game. The multitude of K cars aren't much different. Keep 6-8 of the best cars and ditch the rest. The Citroen 2cv is so ugly it's cute, but isn't much use in the game. The Kubelwagon and Schwiminwagon are funky, but not much use, especially when they can't be painted.

The Veyron isn't as bad as people think. It's a very heavy AWD car, so you can expect it to handle like a very heavy and understeery AWD car. I have noticed many cars beat the Veyron on turns, but at the exit and on straights is where this car shines. I think that's the beauty of cars. Each have their own unique handling characteristics. If every car handled the same it would be so boring to play the game. The only Veyron I wish not to see in GT6 is the GT5 Standard Veyron. That car needs to be Premium.

And who says you can't paint the military Veedubs? Of course you can! And they are lovely to take for a spin in the Nurburgring.

I agree with the Skylines and I think the majority of people also do. I like Skyline GT-R's, but there are some very redundant versions, especially with the R34. I would leave only one, but to be fair with people who really love the car, I think two or three is more than enough.

Last edited:
^Oddly I find the Insight's CVT reasonably good for what it is, I do agree that the Prii's (plurel!?) are more than a bit backwards though!

^Oddly I find the Insight's CVT reasonably good for what it is, I do agree that the Prii's (plurel!?) are more than a bit backwards though!

I tried the Insight with the stock CVT, and yes, it's much better than the Prius. That car hardly feels like a Hybrid anyway. Still, you can improve it further with the Fully Custom Transmission. You even get paddle shifting animations 👍 !

I agree with the Skylines and I think the majority of people also do. I like Skyline GT-R's, but there are some very redundant versions, especially with the R34. I would leave only one, but to be fair with people who really love the car, I think two or three is more than enough.

I am a big GT-R fan and to be honest, I could not live without any of the Skylines in GT5... I know, the V-Spec and the V-Spec II have no differences in their handling, but they ARE different in RL, so they should stay for me... What I think is unnecessary are the double models like MX-5 J-Limited II (NA,J) '93 and MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA,J) '93, or S2000 and S2000 (EU)... these are the same models, sold in different countrys... so for example if there was a GT-R '07 and a GT-R (EU)'07, then one of them would be unnecessary

R32-R34 skylines. Just a few are needed not every flipping variation.

Fixed.

I am a big GT-R fan and to be honest, I could not live without any of the Skylines in GT5... I know, the V-Spec and the V-Spec II have no differences in their handling, but they ARE different in RL, so they should stay for me...

Different turn signals/indicators. You'll be surprised how much people get butt hurt over this. (Not saying any names :rolleyes:)

I am a big GT-R fan and to be honest, I could not live without any of the Skylines in GT5... I know, the V-Spec and the V-Spec II have no differences in their handling, but they ARE different in RL, so they should stay for me... What I think is unnecessary are the double models like MX-5 J-Limited II (NA,J) '93 and MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA,J) '93, or S2000 and S2000 (EU)... these are the same models, sold in different countrys... so for example if there was a GT-R '07 and a GT-R (EU)'07, then one of them would be unnecessary

Fair enough. And I agree with you with the region models. I think I mentioned before but there are like four Lexus SC430/Toyota Soarer. The JDM and the US version would be more than enough, but PD added two LHD SC430 and also a RHD, plus the RHD Soarer. The S2000 is also a good example. One US version and JDM version is more than enough, plus the tuner models.

And what about the 4 "different" Civic Si (EG)? At least in GT4 they had different paint options, but with the new Paint Chip system, all those year variants are pointless.

And so people don't think I'm anti-JDM, I'll attack the cars I like too :D There are two E60 M5's. They are not the same year, but they are basically the same car. Having a Premium version makes the Standard pointless. Same with the Viper GTS, the Corvette C5, Mustang GT, a couple of Ford GT's, BMW Z4 among many others.

The Premium version of the E60 M5 is also pretty poorly modelled by Polyphony's standards. A few inaccuracies in the model meant that it never looked quite right. The Premium M3 it was not.

If there were cars I'd like to see remodelled, it would be this and the R8 V10 (also features its fair share of inaccuracies).

The Premium version of the E60 M5 is also pretty poorly modelled by Polyphony's standards. A few inaccuracies in the model meant that it never looked quite right. The Premium M3 it was not.

If there were cars I'd like to see remodelled, it would be this and the R8 V10 (also features its fair share of inaccuracies).

Nice that someone noticed. I feel the Standard, despite the lower polygon count, has a better and more accurate shape. There is something about the Premium E60 that isn't right. they fixed most of it's errors and glitches through patches, but it still looks uglier than it should.

Hmm... I can't see any inaccuracies on the R8 5.2 other than the fact that it had a V8 before Spec 2.0 (which has been fixed, by the way). Maybe I haven't examined it closer.

I can only think of 5 different Mazda MX-5'S:

Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 3
Superlight
Touring car

How PD managed to find 37 really confuses me, and they don't even have the superlight...

^^ You want these removed? Even the touring car??

I'd wouldn't miss...

Probably just the X cars. I tried to think of others and failed.

I would also add a lot of the similar models that are repeats to that list.

Nice that someone noticed. I feel the Standard, despite the lower polygon count, has a better and more accurate shape. There is something about the Premium E60 that isn't right. they fixed most of it's errors and glitches through patches, but it still looks uglier than it should

C5 Corvette is the same way.

X2010

X2011 (even if they are fun to make s**t with them)

Alfa 4C

Alfa 8C

Fiat Multipla... hahaha

I think the reasons for the RBs are clear... why I do not want the Alfas? I can not stand them... in my opinion they are ugly... ugly as the Multipla
(for some reason I actually like the new Viper-based TZ3, this one is beautiful..:))

My god, what?? :crazy:

Just the duplicates.
The X1's should just be blocked from being used in online lobbies and that would fix everything. They are actually pretty fun to drive imo.
As for the very slow cars, it's kinda fun to fully tune them and see what they can do around tracks.
And as for the Jay Leno Tank Car, I bet that car would be a blast with a wheel and GT6's physics. Tank Car Cup anyone? :)

JTB10000
The X1's should just be blocked from being used in online lobbies and that would fix everything.

Blocked as an option perhaps. Can't say I understand all the hate on the X1s. Best handling car in the game And I've never been rammed by one. You guys must have friends in low places.

Blocked as an option perhaps. Can't say I understand all the hate on the X1s. Best handling car in the game And I've never been rammed by one. You guys must have friends in low places.

It's a silly car in a game that says "the real driving simulator", so i'm all for PD get rid of them. But, of course, this is something that wont happen.

Fair enough. And I agree with you with the region models. I think I mentioned before but there are like four Lexus SC430/Toyota Soarer. The JDM and the US version would be more than enough, but PD added two LHD SC430 and also a RHD, plus the RHD Soarer. The S2000 is also a good example. One US version and JDM version is more than enough, plus the tuner models.

Many of these region models have differences, either be it (small)weight/power or even physical differances. Take a look at S2000 (US) '01 and S2000 (EU) '01. In the EU model you can spot the headlight washing mechanism. There's also a not-so-easy to see (much due to the low polycount and texture quality) difference in the headlights between region models and 01'-03' models.

These differences is important for S2000 enthusiasts. (I'm not one, btw).

I'd imagine the same goes for fans of Skylines.

On topic: Personally, I don't want any american cars that is older then 00' or so in the game. I find pretty much all of them to be a terrible drive. It's hard to narrow it down to just five cars. :indiff:

Last edited:
Many of these region models have differences, either be it (small)weight/power or even physical differances. Take a look at S2000 (US) '01 and S2000 (EU) '01. In the EU model you can spot the headlight washing mechanism. There's also a not-so-easy to see (much due to the low polycount and texture quality) difference in the headlights between region models and 01'-03' models.

These differences is important for S2000 enthusiasts. (I'm not one, btw).

I'd imagine the same goes for fans of Skylines.

On topic: Personally, I don't want any american cars that is older then 00' or so in the game. I find pretty much all of them to be a terrible drive. It's hard to narrow it down to just five cars. :indiff:

...but do we really need the Ford GT (No Stripe) in the game as a seperate car.

I'm never a fan of old american cars, tbh :indiff: I understand why people like it but its charm doesn't do me any good.

Many of these region models have differences, either be it (small)weight/power or even physical differances.

Most of them do not, and there certainly isn't any justification to have ones that are nothing more than color variations. Or the ones that PD just made up entirely.

And fans of Skylines at least have more of a basis, since the differences in those usually extend beyond "this one has headlight washers and this other one doesn't."

You don't say.

Last edited:
I can only think of 5 different Mazda MX-5'S:

Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 3
Superlight
Touring car

How PD managed to find 37 really confuses me, and they don't even have the superlight...

There's a 1.6 and a 1.8 Gen 1 (NA), and technically there's a 1.6L version of the NA8 which had the 1.6 engine along with the upgraded bracing of the 1.8 version. There was the original Gen 2 (NB), the 10AE, the facelift model, and a Mazdaspeed model. There's also a 1.6L NB in Europe only, I think. The Gen 3 (NC) has an original and a facelift model, plus the Superlight and the Touring Car that you mentioned.

There's more Miatas/MX5s than you'd think looking at them, but nowhere near the number PD gets to. All the different models PD does are regional, which generally have no functional difference, or levels of upgrades that could be applied to any car from the dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back