The Forgotten Cars Thread

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 1,346 comments
Mitsubishi colt and lancer

MITSUBISHI-Colt-3-Doors-952_7.jpeg

mitsubishi-lancer_1636_2.jpg

As long as you belong to one of the 15 countries represented. Or is it 14? It looks like Italy is on there twice?

There were two Germanys at the time, so maybe Roger Smith didn't want the Communist one included, nor any recognition of Japan, so they submitted the redesign after lunch which featured Northern and Southern Italian cuisine, because they're both great.

I'm sticking with it.

Chevy Corsica

93762613_2710502022604058_7916400050353461863_n.jpg

An 80s ecobox from Chevy, not exactly a rememberable car to begin with. I don't know how well built these were but I got a feeling they weren't that great...

Also Motorweek posted this video about the 5 door model.

Attachments

• porsche-930-slantnose-c247831082019113342_5.jpg
    porsche-930-slantnose-c247831082019113342_5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 17
Can we just go ahead and say "every early-mid '70s to early '90s car from America," because unless it's a pickup truck barely any of them are roadworthy anymore.

Also, the H3T has always been one of my top choices if I were to get into off-roading... assuming it's not too big for the local mountain trails.

Chevy Corsica

View attachment 948650

An 80s ecobox from Chevy, not exactly a rememberable car to begin with. I don't know how well built these were but I got a feeling they weren't that great...

Also Motorweek posted this video about the 5 door model.

Had a soft spot for these. My Mom rented one when they first came out. Hated the standard GM passive safety belts.

I wasn't even aware that Oldsmobile, Buick, Isuzu and Saab had their own GMT360 based SUV to begin with but then again, this is GM after all. I just recall the Trailblazer and Envoy with the typical 2000's GM interior quality.

Speaking of rebadging, remember the time when Mitsubishi rebadged a Dodge Dakota and called it a Raider?

ubjjgjjfept21.jpg

Going back to Oldsmobile, apart of the two Italian flags I'm in shock looking to Spanish flag.
The Spanish flag has Franco dictatorship symbolism instead of the coat of arms. When that dark period in the history of Spain had already ended more than a decade ago when the car was released.

I had the displeasure of working on one those Hyundais, I think last month? The engine is so crammed in there the timing belt is almost impossible among other things. Definitely one of those mechanic's nightmare stories.

I remember seeing the Kia Amanti few times and it looked like a rip off early 2000s Mercedes/Jaguar of some kind.

I never realised they were "upmarket" cars tho.

Kia Quoris/K900/K9

k-3-3.jpg

2019-kia-k9.jpg

With how popular Hyundai & Kia have become worldwide, especially over here where it beaten the likes of VW, GM, Honda, Ford and such in terms of sales, it's a bit surprising to remember that such car like this exists and that you barely remember seeing any on the road. At first, i thought it's simply due to the fact that nobody's willing to buy a luxury car from a brand like KIA or Hyundai. While most of that might be true, the fact that the Quoris looks very similar in appearance to the Cadenza, Optima and literally every other KIA on the road makes it easy for this luxury sedan to blend in. In other word, this might be the ultimate modern luxury stealth.

Kia Quoris/K900/K9

k-3-3.jpg

2019-kia-k9.jpg

With how popular Hyundai & Kia have become worldwide, especially over here where it beaten the likes of VW, GM, Honda, Ford and such in terms of sales, it's a bit surprising to remember that such car like this exists and that you barely remember seeing any on the road. At first, i thought it's simply due to the fact that nobody's willing to buy a luxury car from a brand like KIA or Hyundai. While most of that might be true, the fact that the Quoris looks very similar in appearance to the Cadenza, Optima and literally every other KIA on the road makes it easy for this luxury sedan to blend in. In other word, this might be the ultimate modern luxury stealth.

It is so sad that this Kia is not sold in my country //Denmark

Here's an interesting one, the Hyundai I40. Out of production last year, it was either sold in a four-door or five-door configuration. Shares the Hyundai Sonata's platform and was discontinued worldwide due to slow sales, and probably because it didn't make any sense to have it and the Sonata at the same time.

What makes it interesting is that design-wise, the I40 was essentially a massive fifth-gen Elantra. Given that I drove a fifth-gen Elantra up until I was rear-ended, I quite like that. What's even more interesting is that in markets where the Sonata and I40 were sold together like Malaysia, the I40 was actually placed higher than the Sonata, despite the latter looking more upscale in my opinion.

Respect to this car for carrying the early-2010's Hyundai styling up until last year.

1920px-2012-2015_Hyundai_i40_(VF2)_Active_2.0_sedan_(2018-10-12)_01.jpg

Here's an interesting one, the Hyundai I40. Out of production last year, it was either sold in a four-door or five-door configuration. Shares the Hyundai Sonata's platform and was discontinued worldwide due to slow sales, and probably because it didn't make any sense to have it and the Sonata at the same time.

What makes it interesting is that design-wise, the I40 was essentially a massive fifth-gen Elantra. Given that I drove a fifth-gen Elantra up until I was rear-ended, I quite like that. What's even more interesting is that in markets where the Sonata and I40 were sold together like Malaysia, the I40 was actually placed higher than the Sonata, despite the latter looking more upscale in my opinion.

Respect to this car for carrying the early-2010's Hyundai styling up until last year.

View attachment 963073
I find it interesting that Hyundai here in the Gulf decided to sell both the Sonata and I40 as well as the Elantra and I30 together. However, I40 were mainly offered in Wagon form only while the Sonata came as a Sedan instead, were heavily marketed and was cheaper as well. The Sonata are selling like hot cakes while the I40 is merely forgotten . It sounds like a terrible idea in sales perspective but i'm glad that they did offer both cars at one point.

20181202_155916.jpg
20181202_154206.jpg

Speaking of Hyundai's "forgotten" cars, the N models of the I30 & Veloster. A Pair of Hot Hatches that i've forgotten about and have yet to see one in person. Seems that everyone would rather have the VW Golf GTI or Subaru WRX instead.

20190708_153219.jpg

There's a Veloster N I'm red in my apartment complex, and another on one of the routes I drive.

The first gen Turbo Velosters are a rare sight for me though (not that I mind :yuck:).

Back