The General Airplane Thread

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Crash, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

On that note BA are starting a 787 route from PIT to LHR starting in April, which I'm looking forward to trying.

Populuxe Cowboy likes this.
  2. Crash

Crash Premium

Have fun on the 787. However the airlines decide to spec the seat width and pitch (i.e. how they decide to cram people in) aside, the 787 is a great plane to fly in. It's super quiet, and that 6000 ft cabin altitude really does help on long flights.

Beeblebrox237 likes this.
  3. mazda787

mazda787

Just went out for some spotting yesterday afternoon (inbound flights to Dulles International Airport):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  4. GTV0819

GTV0819

Populuxe Cowboy and John Wells like this.
  5. Robin

Robin Premium

It's sad that the A380 program is coming to an end but without Emirates propping it up it would have been quite a major failure.

Unfortunately the wrong product in the wrong era but an excellent plane nevertheless.

6. mazda787

mazda787

Experimenting with some framing...

[​IMG]
    Speaking of the A380, I hope to catch the daily Emirates one before it goes extinct.

7. Robin

Robin Premium

As Emirates has 109 of them with 14 yet to be delivered they will be in service for at least the next decade or even longer so you'll probably have quite some time to take the opportunity to fly on one. :tup:

The notion that a single airline can have over ONE HUNDRED of these things still boggles my mind!​

Dan and mazda787 like this.
  8. GTV0819

GTV0819

In my opinion, the A380 still looks better than the 747, exterior and interior-wise. It's a premium plane, after all. Too bad it just didn't came out earlier which would have make it more profitable or something like that.

Robin likes this.
  9. Adamgp

Adamgp Premium

I couldn't get a picture as I noticed it as we were boarding, but the American Airlines plane we flew on still had TWA markings on the tail.

Found that odd since TWA went away in 2001-2.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  10. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Probably couldn't tell you why in this case, but TWA did have a sizable fleet when American Airlines took it over and both of them used the same scheme so it's probably just an old version that was never fully converted (looks wise) to the modern American Airlines colors. Probably some cost saving measure since it doesn't help it fly any better and most people probably don't know TWA anyways at this point other than us Airplane enthusiast and random trivia people.

Adamgp likes this.
  11. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

This one? If so it's a Heritage Special.

635845629028332305-twa.jpg

John Wells, Adamgp and LMSCorvetteGT2 like this.
  12. Venom800tt

Venom800tt

American has a ton of Heritage Special painted aircraft, pretty much in every livery AA, TWA, and US Airways used. One of my friends who works for AA randomly sends me pics of them when he sees them at the gate lol
    Anyway have a random AFSOC Do 328 that likes to randomly fly around here:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Adamgp

Adamgp Premium

LMSCorvetteGT2 and TenEightyOne like this.
  14. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

This Il-78 has something to say...
    [​IMG]

mazda787, Casey, TenEightyOne and 3 others like this.
  15. GTV0819

GTV0819

16. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

17. GTV0819

GTV0819

Haven't you heard about the recent Ethiopian Airlines crash? It was stated there.

18. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

The Ethiopian airline crash happened several days ago that article doesn't talk about anything new.

TenEightyOne and John Wells like this.
  19. GTV0819

GTV0819

Yes, the cause of this incident may not be new anymore since it is given that it is somehow similar to the first incident a couple of months ago, but now it's already alarming the whole aviation industry indeed. So you would think that this whole thing won't matter anymore just because you know the article says nothing 'new'? Lol.

John Wells likes this.
  20. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Let me simplify it then, you posted an article about an event days after the event and framed it in a way that came across as if a new event happened. If you'd posted it after the incident had happened or if there wasn't a dedicated thread already giving updated info as it comes, then I could understand the post as "news". No one said it doesn't matter it's just a confusing initial post from you is all.

You posted said article a week after the tragedy happened, something that was world news the entire week and something that most people heard about. That's why I asked what "what incident is that?".

TenEightyOne and John Wells like this.
  21. GTV0819

GTV0819

Seriously? Lol come on. :lol:

I never said that it was entirely a new incident in the first place. What I stated here was, it was another incident of the 737 MAX Plane. Yes, the 737 MAX Plane that Boeing has released a few years ago. And just because it was a news that occurred earlier or something that's already familiar to you and many doesn't mean that it can't be shared here anymore, if that's what you're implying. This isn't your thread anyway. It's also not my problem too if you were expecting something else new.

22. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Yes the 737 Max 8 which was one of the first bits of info given after the incident happened and also a detail provided by the dedicated thread. No on is saying it can't be shared anymore either, what you seem to be hung up on is you posted an article about news already being discussed in an appropriate thread dedicated to it.

Also it doesn't have to be my thread for me to inform a person like I just did. Also I wasn't expecting anything new either, again you seem to not understand how unnecessary your post was in light of the info I've provide to why that is. I'm not going to hash this out with you any further in hopes you understand.

23. GTV0819

GTV0819

Well, if what you're saying is really true, then you could have point out here already a direct link of this dedicated thread you kept insisting earlier, rather than keep on telling me that this article is not new anymore, that it's rather unnecessary or already redundant and what more. By the way, I also hope you're not telling me this just because you're an avid Boeing fan yourself. That's why it's hard to acknowledge what you are trying to interpret about this news or article.

24. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

You said...

...which kind of looks like you were suggesting a new incident - "here comes another" strongly implies a present, immediate tense.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rashes-lion-air-610-ethiopian-air-302.386044/

25. GTV0819

GTV0819

Okay, thanks for clarifying things. I didn't know you have made that thread regarding this matter already, only to find out it was existing in the opinions section. If only he had pointed this out earlier, then it wouldn't have reached up this point. I beg your pardon, guys, for wasting your time. :(

26. Dan

Dan Premium

I didn’t come to this thread for petty arguments. I just want to see some damn aircraft pictures.

BobK likes this.
  27. wfooshee

wfooshee Premium

Have a picture!!! :)

[​IMG]

One my favorite F-22 shots I've done, from an air show in March, 2017.

28. mazda787

mazda787

Some spotting today by Dulles Airport:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Nope quite the opposite, I can't stand Boeing and their engineering and overall mentality when it comes to the Aerospace industry.

John Wells likes this.
  30. kikie

kikie Premium