The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Got bored the other day so I drew Shiki from Garden of Sinners (ignore the pen traces).

2pt5xcn.jpg

And here's the reference...

1p9g7o.jpg

Quite liked how it turned out. Probably messed up here and there though

I gave up on having a backlog of anime to watch when I realised that most of them are probably terrible anyway.

Who thinks there should be a Top Gear anime? It and Monogatari are already essentially the same thing anyway.
Please no.
DK
Notice me, Clarkson-sempai!
Kill me.
Clarkson-chan! You blithering baka!

Now that would make for a seriously whacked out format switch.
No kidding.

All this Top Gear/ F1 nonsense needs to get out of this thread for the sake of my sanity.

Got bored the other day so I drew Shiki from Garden of Sinners (ignore the pen traces).

Are you willing to share the process you went through when drawing? Based on your response, I can show you a way to identify if things are align and in the right place.

edit: Just about done flossing through Stella C3 Club's soundtrack. I'd like to think it's one that will get slept on since the show wasn't even that exciting. The soundtrack is pretty meh, but a good half of it is jazz, although really tame. It likes to go for the blues and orchestra to recreate older cinema action drama feel, and whenever moments go combat, it switches to militaristic snare-drum playing. Oh. Then there are a few tracks that have the carnival recreational tune.

If you like any of the described imagery, this might be up your alley.

Last edited:
Are you willing to share the process you went through when drawing? Based on your response, I can show you a way to identify if things are align and in the right place.

edit: Just about done flossing through Stella C3 Club's soundtrack. I'd like to think it's one that will get slept on since the show wasn't even that exciting. The soundtrack is pretty meh, but a good half of it is jazz, although really tame. It likes to go for the blues and orchestra to recreate older cinema action drama feel, and whenever moments go combat, it switches to militaristic snare-drum playing. Oh. Then there are a few tracks that have the carnival recreational tune.

If you like any of the described imagery, this might be up your alley.

I'll PM you about it (it's already there I think)

Finished the first new Initial D movie. No eurobeat :<
Animation was top notch though. It made the old art style bearable somehow. Then again, I don't think Initial D would feel right if all the characters looked any different.

Finished the first new Initial D movie. No eurobeat :<

WHAT THE HELL

IS GOING ON

Wow, for the first time in a long time, I'm resenting this forum's profanity filter. Jesus. It's not like there isn't eurobeat that they *could* be using for the new movies and such. What a dumb aesthetic switch; the only reason I ever even cared remotely about Initial D was because of its soundtrack. God damn.

Avex sucks.

WHAT THE HELL

IS GOING ON

Wow, for the first time in a long time, I'm resenting this forum's profanity filter. Jesus. It's not like there isn't eurobeat that they *could* be using for the new movies and such. What a dumb aesthetic switch; the only reason I ever even cared remotely about Initial D was because of its soundtrack. God damn.

Avex sucks.
I don't even know lol
Well considering that m.o.v.e broke up some time ago I guess they must have not had anything good.

I don't even know lol
Well considering that m.o.v.e broke up some time ago I guess they must have not had anything good.

The thing is, they usually draw from the Super Eurobeat series for Initial D's insert songs - as Super Eurobeat used to be one of Avex's flagship products. Once the writers and producers who contributed music to Super Eurobeat realised this, they started deliberately writing lyrics revolving around cars and racing to increase their song's chances of getting in the show - and even though Initial D has frequent periods of dormancy, this practice is still common. In fact, I can - off the top of my head - think of plenty of great tracks that Avex missed, and that could have been used in the most recent Initial D movies. Even restricted to those that came out after the last Super Eurobeat track present in Final Stage, there's enough good there to use in those movies.

Eurobeat matters a lot to me; it's my favourite genre, and I feel like it's been totally sidelined and kept stagnant by Avex in recent years - seemingly deliberately so, at times. And when not even Initial D - most people's sole point of reference when it comes to eurobeat - has it anymore... I start to feel like I'm on a sinking ship. :X

Best of luck @nk4e. 👍

The thing is, they usually draw from the Super Eurobeat series for Initial D's insert songs - as Super Eurobeat used to be one of Avex's flagship products. Once the writers and producers who contributed music to Super Eurobeat realised this, they started deliberately writing lyrics revolving around cars and racing to increase their song's chances of getting in the show - and even though Initial D has frequent periods of dormancy, this practice is still common. In fact, I can - off the top of my head - think of plenty of great tracks that Avex missed, and that could have been used in the most recent Initial D movies. Even restricted to those that came out after the last Super Eurobeat track present in Final Stage, there's enough good there to use in those movies.

Eurobeat matters a lot to me; it's my favourite genre, and I feel like it's been totally sidelined and kept stagnant by Avex in recent years - seemingly deliberately so, at times. And when not even Initial D - most people's sole point of reference when it comes to eurobeat - has it anymore... I start to feel like I'm on a sinking ship. :X

Apologies, I thought someone else was in charge of the movie adaptation.

But, to make up for it:

Last edited:
-> ...
Just to give you guys a heads up. I am leaving for the Navy on April 28th.
^ Bet your hidden agenda is to be stationed in Japan and to let your otaku-ness go wild!!! :lol:

-> Heck, if ain't for my pathetic lungs...I'd be with Air Force and live the JDM/Otaku life in Okinawa...mmm an AE86 Levin as a souvenir. :sly:

dvd-cover3.jpg

1.jpg

32797-kancolle.jpg

_by_gailtonatiu-d6u76xc.jpg

senF4cx.jpg

:indiff:

Last edited:
Strangely enough, even though I'm a car nut, I've never seen Initial D.... Though I do plan to watch it soon though.

Toradora caught my interest now of which I'm gonna watch pretty soon

@nk4e let us know of your JDM endeavours

Back