The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
b5ddf6319ab6a168737b9ca7d4cf0b3b.jpg

It'd be a shame if it got locked after more than ten years of being open.

In the past, this thread was on the brink of getting locked because people got carried away with posting pics with panty-slips, and by luck some of the older dudes who don't frequent this area passed by and probably got butthurt some person walked by their computer at that moment.

I encourage people to keep the content as "unquestionable" as possible. I don't mind verbal splurging, but at least keep the visuals to yourself. There's dozens of other places that welcome such content so let's not try to create another one.

But most of those guys stopped showing up now 2 years ago, so that's that. Let's carry on:

445864c9jw1eaex3obzb5j21kw0wcwnq.jpg

Don't have names. Had to find this using a reverse lookup. Largest res tineye could produce.

Last edited:
The first two are summaries of the TV series.

edit: I could've put this in the Hot Wheels thread or I could've put it here, but ultimately decided this it'll be more relatable for you guys.

T7VPYyK.png

The short version of the story is that I have a plain-white Hot Wheels lying around, and I was going to draw a bunch of artistic patterns on it and flaunt that around for the next week, but then I felt I could do something else. About a month ago, someone here got on the topic of Kill la Kill Itashas and that basically set this thing in motion. It was until yesterday I started coming up with ideations in photoshop. I'm still not done that yet as I have not completed a single idea yet. Make me sad I studied Design for 3 years and practiced none of the things they taught.

But yeah, this is what I have so far. The extent of colours I can work on are obviously only whatever dormant-Junketsu possesses: blue, yellow, red, black and gold. I'm hoping the bare metal foil I have will work with an anodized blue paint I have to create a blue-chrome look, because I really want to include the metal arm-band Satsuki uses to trigger her kamui's transformation. The colour ratio should remain as white being the most dominant colour with thin blue shapes (and lines) being the secondary colour for the most part. Any reds should be kept to a minimal and yellows probably shouldn't spread around too far.

With some further thinking, I decided I wouldn't aim for the typical Itasha look because I would've already finished the project by now since the ideation and thought process is so simple. I've interpreted the project with either or the two parameters:

1) Make a livery that gives the impression of a conservative race car livery (minus all the logos) using the colour scheme of Junketsu.

2) "If Junketsu could transform into a Lamborghini, how would its colour scheme shape up in accordance to the car's body?"

I'm looking to have this done in the next few days (if the ideation phase doesn't take forever). I've the week off from classes so this is a golden opportunity.

Last edited:
In the past, this thread was on the brink of getting locked because people got carried away with posting pics with panty-slips, and by luck some of the older dudes who don't frequent this area passed by and probably got butthurt some person walked by their computer at that moment.

I encourage people to keep the content as "unquestionable" as possible. I don't mind verbal splurging, but at least keep the visuals to yourself. There's dozens of other places that welcome such content so let's not try to create another one.

But most of those guys stopped showing up now 2 years ago, so that's that. Let's carry on:

445864c9jw1eaex3obzb5j21kw0wcwnq.jpg

Don't have names. Had to find this using a reverse lookup. Largest res tineye could produce.

Didn't the creator of RWBY passed away last month?

Feb 2nd. Yes. Why do you ask?

I could have Googled it myself, but meh

edit: I could've put this in the Hot Wheels thread or I could've put it here, but ultimately decided this it'll be more relatable for you guys.

T7VPYyK.png

The short version of the story is that I have a plain-white Hot Wheels lying around, and I was going to draw a bunch of artistic patterns on it and flaunt that around for the next week, but then I felt I could do something else. About a month ago, someone here got on the topic of Kill la Kill Itashas and that basically set this thing in motion. It was until yesterday I started coming up with ideations in photoshop. I'm still not done that yet as I have not completed a single idea yet. Make me sad I studied Design for 3 years and practiced none of the things they taught.

But yeah, this is what I have so far. The extent of colours I can work on are obviously only whatever dormant-Junketsu possesses: blue, yellow, red, black and gold. I'm hoping the bare metal foil I have will work with an anodized blue paint I have to create a blue-chrome look, because I really want to include the metal arm-band Satsuki uses to trigger her kamui's transformation. The colour ratio should remain as white being the most dominant colour with thin blue shapes (and lines) being the secondary colour for the most part. Any reds should be kept to a minimal and yellows probably shouldn't spread around too far.

With some further thinking, I decided I wouldn't aim for the typical Itasha look because I would've already finished the project by now since the ideation and thought process is so simple. I've interpreted the project with either or the two parameters:

1) Make a livery that gives the impression of a conservative race car livery (minus all the logos) using the colour scheme of Junketsu.

2) "If Junketsu could transform into a Lamborghini, how would its colour scheme shape up in accordance to the car's body?"

I'm looking to have this done in the next few days (if the ideation phase doesn't take forever). I've the week off from classes so this is a golden opportunity.

What's going on with that Bimmer one you've got (or whichever car it was)? Not that this Lambo project is a waste of time. Just wondering about the former

I'm embarrassed to ask someone else to remind me of my own project, but I don't recall working on a BMW recently. The latest thing I finished was a 934 and I'm almost done painting the wheels on a Fiesta. Which car might you be referring to?

So I haven't paid much attention to what's been going on. Is the war between Vers and Earth basically happening now because Slaine is jealous Asseylum harbours greater affection for Inaho?

I'm embarrassed to ask someone else to remind me of my own project, but I don't recall working on a BMW recently. The latest thing I finished was a 934 and I'm almost done painting the wheels on a Fiesta. Which car might you be referring to?

So I haven't paid much attention to what's been going on. Is the war between Vers and Earth basically happening now because Slaine is jealous Asseylum harbours greater affection for Inaho?

I don't remember. I think it was a Bimmer Z4 GT3. I could be wrong

I doubt the Vers are fighting for something so minuscule, even if Slaine earned title of chancellor. I might be wrong but it's mostly due to strife from S1. The Vers still want to take the Earth for themselves, but first they have to get rid of all the Earth forces. Sadly for them Inaho has been obliterating Vers support like they're ants. So the Vers continue to attack so the barrier that is Inaho can be brought down. Also Slaine doesn't really know for certain that Asseylum loves Inaho more than Slaine. Slaine just assumes that it is.

I don't remember. I think it was a Bimmer Z4 GT3. I could be wrong

I doubt the Vers are fighting for something so minuscule, even if Slaine earned title of chancellor. I might be wrong but it's mostly due to strife from S1. The Vers still want to take the Earth for themselves, but first they have to get rid of all the Earth forces. Sadly for them Inaho has been obliterating Vers support like they're ants. So the Vers continue to attack so the barrier that is Inaho can be brought down. Also Slaine doesn't really know for certain that Asseylum loves Inaho more than Slaine. Slaine just assumes that it is.

OH! The Miku Z4 Livery replica project. Right! Yeah, that one isn't going to begin until I get myself a good colour printer. No way I'm painting a livery of that sophistication! The SL65 Eva Unit-01 livery is also reliant on a printer. I plan to go all out on these two so painting by hand isn't going to cut it. The Lambo is arguably more forgiving because I'm working on a white canvas and I have fine-tip markers that should do the job easily.

Well, technically I could do the Eva-01 in all markers too if I really wanted, but I'm a bit hesitant to block in a lot of purple in fear of thick paint covering up casting detail or lots of nasty stroke marks from a marker or pen.

"The first man to question the strength of his relationship to his girl against another man is a sign of a weakening relationship."

-AOS

Inaho might not even have to take that in and still get the girl, because Slaine might be one of those who will destroy himself in the process of accomplishing a selfish goal.*

*Inaho might seem to be going there too. Notice that moment of his expressed irritation he tried to hide from what's-her-face?

Last edited:
I hope we can all agree that perving on girls just isn't something you want to do in public, no matter what the age.

I don't think the target of perving being a girl or the event taking place in public has much influence on perving always being wrong unless there's the enthusiastic informed consent of all parties involved.

At least if someone pervs on a cartoon character it doesn't harm anyone because, you know, they're not a real person.

Just don't do it in public. That's gross. (Well, and it also violates the consent of the people around you who don't want to watch you doing... That.)

If Junketsu could transform into a Lamborghini

Then Kill La Kill would have been even better.

@SVX, you watching Cowboy Bebop? If so, good.

OH! The Miku Z4 Livery replica project. Right! Yeah, that one isn't going to begin until I get myself a good colour printer. No way I'm painting a livery of that sophistication! The SL65 Eva Unit-01 livery is also reliant on a printer. I plan to go all out on these two so painting by hand isn't going to cut it. The Lambo is arguably more forgiving because I'm working on a white canvas and I have fine-tip markers that should do the job easily.

Well, technically I could do the Eva-01 in all markers too if I really wanted, but I'm a bit hesitant to block in a lot of purple in fear of thick paint covering up casting detail or lots of nasty stroke marks from a marker or pen.

"The first man to question the strength of his relationship to his girl against another man is a sign of a weakening relationship."

-AOS

Inaho might not even have to take that in and still get the girl, because Slaine might be one of those who will destroy himself in the process of accomplishing a selfish goal.*

*Inaho might seem to be going there too. Notice that moment of his expressed irritation he tried to hide from what's-her-face?

Ah I see.

Oh, is that why Inaho was irritated at that moment? If that's the case then Asseylum regaining her memories will spice things up between them. The next few ep's will be quite drama-filled

T7VPYyK.png

That's shaping up to be gorgeous! Try and send it to Slightly Mad Studios once it's finished, they might as well put this livery in Project CARS!

Haha I might have to visit moe-land a lot more than I hoped.

Remember, we can't revisit the same series we've done before. That means no more Bebop or Madoka for either one of us.

Remember, we can't revisit the same series we've done before. That means no more Bebop or Madoka for either one of us.
Soon enough you two are going to have to resort to shows like GJ-bu and K-On to get source material if this keeps going on :lol:

Forget it. Maybe each of us won't revisit a show we've done, but not the one another.

Bwak bwakkkkk :P

Soon enough you two are going to have to resort to shows like GJ-bu and K-On to get source material if this keeps going on :lol:

I can alternate between the two boundaries. I'll be trying to aim for series or characters that aren't as well known in hopes of introducing the series to folks unfamiliar with it.

Just... Drop what you're doing and go watch it, OK.

Preferably in a room with the lights dimmed, and either through a good sound system or headphones.

Back